As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I recently ate a cone of cold, followed by three blizzards, followed by frost nova, all main deck. I was a little salty.

teriferin#1625
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Teriferin wrote: »
    I recently ate a cone of cold, followed by three blizzards, followed by frost nova, all main deck. I was a little salty.

Good odds the upcoming Frozen Throne cards will have more goodies for freeze mages, given the theme.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so what crab is Frozen Throne gonna add

liEt3nH.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Crab Cake

0 Mana 0/1
    Battlecry: Destroy a Priest of the Feast to gain 5 life.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    so what crab is Frozen Throne gonna add
    A crab holding a popsicle that eats a frozen minion.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Snow crab.
    Death Rattle: Add a Cup of Butter Sauce to your hand.

Cup of Butter Sauce: Give a Beast +1 Attack, +1 Edibility

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I wonder if there'll be a thawing thing.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    in the Icy Wastes of Northrend, home of the Frozen Throne, and Icecrown Citadel?

yeah probably

liEt3nH.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I wonder if there'll be a thawing thing.

Maybe possibly minions immune to being frozen? Kinda specific Mage hate but...

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    Nothing better than having an opponent emoting "that was a mistake" on every turn while grinding them into a paste.

Yeah buddy i have no clue what i'm doing but i'm still beating your sorry ass, so....
    Are you sure they weren't lamenting their own fuck up?

100% i was playing hybrid mage vs another mage. I went hard on tempo so this fool was emoting everytime he had removal for my manawyrms and when he got my iceblock with counterspell and such.

Even though i was still at 30 and he was down to 15 on turn 6. At turn 8 i had both his blocks popped and he had 1 hp left and conceded. He had started to go for burn by then but only got me down to 15 and iceblock still up.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    ooh what if they had like "frostbite" where minions can do damage through immunity and can't get frozen? So like, mages have to have extra burn to fend them off

Narwhal#1834
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    I forgot how much of a racket arena is, it's just gold for days. 4 wins and you've made a profit, 7 wins and you can go infinite. I think I'll leave 1k gold for runs once the new expansion hits.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    looks like the reveals have commenced!

Neutral Rare Minion
    4 Mana 5/6
    Ticking Abomination
    Deathrattle: Deal 5 damage to your minions.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Another minion for Silence Priest?

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Another minion for Silence Priest?

IMO, Warlock will probably use it too. Shadowflame and that thing wipes out just about everything on the board. Jade Druid and EZ BIG EZ DRUID EZ can probably make use it it too, to clear away early aggro and set up for their own mid and late game.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's own minions only? NM then.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    looks like the reveals have commenced!

Neutral Rare Minion
    4 Mana 5/6
    Ticking Abomination
    Deathrattle: Deal 5 damage to your minions.

Image!

kft-ticking-abomination-b817ac75.png

Um. Yeah.

Terrible card, will not see play. If Hungry Dragon didn't see play, there's no fucking way this will. Drawback is way too much.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't see that really being played. If it was all minions, maybe, but for +1/+1 over a yeti the drawback is "wipe your own board." It's also not even really enough stats for Silence Priest.

3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see that really being played. If it was all minions, maybe, but for +1/+1 over a yeti the drawback is "wipe your own board." It's also not even really enough stats for Silence Priest.

Not even worth it in any potential Egg decks, if there's any new Eggs. Bleh.

DNiDlnb.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Played? Maybe, maybe not, who cares. I just wanna see it spawn from evolve or devolve or a portal spell, hahaha.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Y'all are fucking nuts, that card is insane. You know how you can mitigate that drawback? Just don't play more minions. Jam that in Druid and Priest where you just slam it and then cast spells until it dies and you cast another. Hungry Dragon was awful because giving your opponent a minion was a severe and (almost) unavoidable downside, this is just a straight up 4 mana 5/6 in the right deck and that's definitely playable.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So your plan is pass for 3 turns, play 1 minion on 4, and then stop developing the board because a yeti with +1/+1 will carry the game?

Bruh.

The only decks that don't care about playing minions on turns 1-5 are control decks, and control decks don't care about having a slightly stronger 4 mana pile of stats.

Yeesh guys cmon

Im playing 2 +2 mana to get a 4/5 on the board as silence priest. This can be buffed on subsequent turns but it can attack without needing a silence

Sac one kabal talonpriest and maybe a radiant elemental and yeah.

I'm with the goat on this card.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    So your plan is pass for 3 turns, play 1 minion on 4, and then stop developing the board because a yeti with +1/+1 will carry the game?

Bruh.

The only decks that don't care about playing minions on turns 1-5 are control decks, and control decks don't care about having a slightly stronger 4 mana pile of stats.

I mean. Yes they do? A 4 mana 5/6 is a big deal for a control deck against both other control decks and midrange decks, it either forces out early removal, fights for board effectively, or puts on a ton of pressure. Control Priest will slam PotF on 4 a lot of the time because you just want a body on board, this is so much better for that purpose. Flamewreathed was a good card in Control Shaman for precisely that reason, and that deck even cared about the overload more because it kept more reactive and/or expensive cards in hand.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

Bruh.

I mean. Yes they do? A 4 mana 5/6 is a big deal for a control deck against both other control decks and midrange decks, it either forces out early removal, fights for board effectively, or puts on a ton of pressure. Control Priest will slam PotF on 4 a lot of the time because you just want a body on board, this is so much better for that purpose. Flamewreathed was a good card in Control Shaman for precisely that reason, and that deck even cared about the overload more because it kept more reactive and/or expensive cards in hand.

Ah yes that Tier 1 deck we all remember so well.

On another note, are these being revealed on stream somewhere?

Yh6tI4T.jpg

Bruh.

It was as Tier 1 as Midrange Shaman was back during the Shamanosphere, just didn't see play because of the aggro bias inherent in the ladder system!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

Bruh.

It was as Tier 1 as Midrange Shaman was back during the Shamanosphere, just didn't see play because of the aggro bias inherent in the ladder system!

12kzle.jpg

• narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    On another note, are these being revealed on stream somewhere?

Man I was about to go to bed, and they'll still be just as new to me when I wake up, but... still...

Narwhal#1834
    Acheron wrote: »
    Played? Maybe, maybe not, who cares. I just wanna see it spawn from evolve or devolve or a portal spell, hahaha.

Yeah this is not something you want to pull out of your ass on accident for sure

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Nah I'm not sure how that one got out there. The reveal stream hasn't happened yet.

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    I think It's better then hungry dragon but I think it could use just a little more power. A 5/7 with that drawback would be a much easier include without being over the top in my opinion.

I mean to me this is a worse version of Pit Lord, which has never seen play. A slightly bigger version of a Yeti for 4 mana is not an inherently useful card. By 4 mana you're usually looking for cards that are either much larger than a Yeti (e.g. Flamewreathed Faceless, which despite the memes didn't even see that much play and isn't in any current Shaman decks, and is probably better than this thing) or that have useful card text (e.g. Priest of the Feast aka Antique Healbot v2.0 aka NuReno aka The Gangaster of Love aka Kevin).

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Are there many 4 mana 5 health minions that need answers in the current meta? It's just Pit Lord.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

On the other hand, I now sort of want to make a Warlock deck with Ticking Abomination (or as I shall call it henceforth, The Tickler), Bittertide Hydra, Pit Lord, Unlicensed Apothecary, Spreading Madness, Baron Geddon, Chittering Tunneler, etc.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    On the other hand, I now sort of want to make a Warlock deck with Ticking Abomination (or as I shall call it henceforth, The Tickler), Bittertide Hydra, Pit Lord, Unlicensed Apothecary, Spreading Madness, Baron Geddon, Chittering Tunneler, etc.

"Honorable Sudoku"

It having 6 health is what pushes it out of most non hard removal ranges and will allow it to trade 1-2 or even 1-3. I like it.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

"Honorable Sudoku"

3clipse confirmed to actually be Pavel is disguise. No wonder that Dragon Priest deck did so well.

Y'all are fucking nuts, that card is insane. You know how you can mitigate that drawback? Just don't play more minions. Jam that in Druid and Priest where you just slam it and then cast spells until it dies and you cast another. Hungry Dragon was awful because giving your opponent a minion was a severe and (almost) unavoidable downside, this is just a straight up 4 mana 5/6 in the right deck and that's definitely playable.

hmmmm, this sounds.... familiar

let's take a trip back in the ol' time machine to mean streets of gadgetzan

to the reveal of a certain warlock card

jLTkCa9.png

"No, guys, see, Unlicensed Apothecary is great, you play it in Handlock as a 3 mana 5/5 and then just don't play other minions while it's out and your opponent will have to answer it! It's insane!"

VTrMKBz.png

control decks don't care about vanilla minions with Big Stats

it doesn't even have taunt

your gameplan here is to throw down a 4 mana 5/6 battlecry: cannot play other minions while this minion is alive

and then weep as aggro/midrange decks ignore it and rush you down

or other control decks just answer it with ease

(hold on lemme just tick off my "Bad Card Gets a Good Review" box on my bingo sheet.... [✔] okay rad, nailed it)

DNiDlnb.png
    The drawback isnt as punishing and warlock sucks anyway so whatevs

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ed: reposting cuz bottom of page sucks

and thankgod I don't see any quest rogues again

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...