As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Puzzle Quest Coming to XBLA

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
You heard me bitches PUZZLE FUCKING QUEST. On XBLA. Holy shit!
ConorA wrote:
Puzzle Quest coming to XBLA:

D3Publisher of America to Bring Games to Xbox LIVE Arcade

First Titles to Include Pull-Back-And-Go Racing Game Mad Tracksâ„¢, Miniature Bowling Game RocketBowlâ„¢ and Competitive Matching Game Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlordsâ„¢

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Premier publisher of interactive entertainment software, D3Publisher of America, Inc. (D3PA), will begin to bring titles to gamers through Xbox LIVE® Arcade later this year. Xbox LIVE Arcade on the Xbox 360™ is the premier destination for digitally distributed, high definition original and classic games. The first three titles Xbox 360 owners can expect to see from D3PA on the service are Mad Tracks, a racing game that takes its inspiration from the pull-back-and-go toy cars of gamers’ youth, RocketBowl, Xbox LIVE Arcade’s first bowling game, which brings the fun of miniature golf to the bowling alley, and Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, a downloadable version of the Nintendo DS™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system game which blends match-three puzzle gameplay with strategy, character-building elements and a persistent storyline set in the beloved Warlords universe.

“What ties all of D3PA’s titles together are not genre or size of game or developer, but an unsurpassable element of fun,” said Yoji Takenaka, executive vice president and chief operating officer, D3PA. “We look forward to capitalizing on Xbox LIVE Arcade’s wide reach and ease of use to bring gamers unique titles that fit the bill of delivering the highest enjoyment factors.”

Mad Tracks, RocketBowl and Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords are only the first of many games that D3PA plans to make available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, reinforcing the company’s commitment to fostering strong relationships with developers of all sizes and helping them deliver their creations into the hands of the public. All three games also support the publisher’s primary aim to bring top-quality game experiences to the widest range of audiences possible; each will be quick to download, easy to pick up, but challenging to master — thereby providing hours of gameplay.

Mad Tracks was developed by Load, Inc., Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords was developed by Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd., and RocketBowl, an original Large Animal game, is being developed for Xbox LIVE Arcade by 21-6.
LCDXX wrote:
Oh fuck me sideways... Puzzle Quest IS coming? On top of the already announced Galactrix?!

Here's hoping the polish off some of those PQ bugs in the process of porting it over.

Puzzle Quest for XBLA ... who would have thought?

Bamelin on

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh FUCK YES

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So would this be like the PC version or a 'port' of the DS or PSP version?

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    YES!!

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm actually glad that I haven't found a DS or PSP copy now. This is awesome.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Now get me a X-Box360.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hope this one crashes, is unbalanced, and cheats like the DS and PSP versions.

Caswynben on
  • Options
    inthegrayinthegray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    if you have a 360 and choose not to buy this, then you're no friend of mine.

inthegray on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh man, I was just coming over to post this. I honestly think the game thrives in a handheld setting, but getting this gem out to more people is always good -- this is digital distribution at its finest.
    inthegray wrote: »
    And you have MY AXE

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Caswynben wrote: »
    I hope this one crashes, is unbalanced, and cheats like the DS and PSP versions.

And I hope you get cancer, start on fire, and die in a tumor fire.

Happy day for all.

Smudge on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Caswynben wrote: »

Me too! Oh, wait.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    fuck

yes

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    Oh man, I was just coming over to post this. I honestly think the game thrives in a handheld setting, but getting this gem out to more people is always good -- this is digital distribution at its finest.
    inthegray wrote: »
    And you have MY AXE

It's definately a good hand held game (most puzzlers are) but I think as an XBLA title it also makes alot of sense.

Personally I don't have a DS or PSP but I have a 360 so I'm looking forward to getting in on the action. I've heard so many good things about Puzzle Quest, it's fanfuckingtastic news it's coming to XBLA.

Really though who would have thought? This news totally came out of left field. And on the heels of the news CATAN is coming out this week, it also confirms what I've been saying about XBLA:

GOLDEN AGE

Bamelin on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Oh snap. I was waiting for the PC version, but I'll pick this up instead!

Echo on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome, I was thinking of buying the PSP version, and now I dont have too :)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That is some hot shit.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think I'll try and find a portable version anyways, but more goodness is a better amount of goodness.

Darlan on
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This kind of stuff makes me very happy about the consoles online game offerings.

Now we just need for Gametap to make a 360 and PS3 client version...

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bamelin wrote: »
    It's definately a good hand held game (most puzzlers are) but I think as an XBLA title it also makes alot of sense.
    I think the best part of it being on XBLA is that you'll never have to swap out media to play it. It's always at your beck and call, so you'll always be tempted by it whenever you sit down to play.

I know for a fact that every time I leave it asleep in my DS, I'll decide "Okay, I want to play something besides Puzzle Quest," I'll open the DS to save and close ... then see those gems in front of me. "Okay, I'll just finish this round." Then 40 minutes just whizz on by.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh god, my life will be over.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait, now when does it come out? Does that say June 21st? Boo.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait, now when does it come out? Does that say June 21st? Boo.

Oh don't think for a second that a release for this game is imminent. It'll be at least a couple of months.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome. My favorite part will be the thousands of owners of $500 consoles sitting there in their underwear playing what's essentially a flash game instead of Gears or Halo 3 or whatever else.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    pheezer FD wrote: »
    Awesome. My favorite part will be the thousands of owners of $500 consoles sitting there in their underwear playing what's essentially a flash game on their 52 inch HD TV's instead of Gears or Halo 3 or whatever else.

fixed =)

Bamelin on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome. My favorite part will be the thousands of owners of $500 consoles sitting there in their underwear playing what's essentially a flash game on their 52 inch HD TV's instead of Gears or Halo 3 or whatever else.

fixed =)

Fine by me. I used the fact that it came with Hexic and had Bejewled available to sell the idea to my wife.

Samphis on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Awesome. My favorite part will be the thousands of owners of $500 consoles sitting there in their underwear playing what's essentially a flash game instead of Gears or Halo 3 or whatever else.

Live Arcade interests me way more than the full-blown games. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My favorite part is that I bet it's going to cost less than the DS or PSP versions.

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    VashinVashin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Samphis wrote: »

fixed =)

Fine by me. I used the fact that it came with Hexic and had Bejewled available to sell the idea to my wife.

this guy speaks for all married men out there!

i did the same :)

Vashin on
    megadoomer311.png
    Pokemon Diamond:3394 0249 9567
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My favorite part is that I bet it's going to cost less than the DS or PSP versions.

It better. I can't imagine paying "full" price for a third time.

Accualt on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i don't know how the game works, but would it likely be one that could be executed in the same way as Lumines? I don't see why they'd drop the price down to XBLA levels for the same game..
    that said, count me in as a 'hell yes'. I'll want to try the demo first, but this could be all sorts of awesome.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    well...i played the pc demo, and ill be skipping this when it hits xbla.

watching the ai get 4 row stacks, 6 times in a row, and every other is a skull attack is not my idea of fun.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    well...i played the pc demo, and ill be skipping this when it hits xbla.

watching the ai get 4 row stacks, 6 times in a row, and every other is a skull attack is not my idea of fun.

Pussy

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome. My favorite part will be the thousands of owners of $500 consoles sitting there in their underwear playing what's essentially a flash game on their 52 inch HD TV's with 5.1 Digital surround sound instead of Gears or Halo 3 or whatever else.

fixed =)

fixed again. And so bought when it hits.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It feels funny that most of my 360 game time is spent on $5-15 XBLA titles, but c'est la vie.

Although I have a DS, I'd rather buy Puzzle Quest on XBLA - big screen TV plus having it on the hard drive and not having to pull out the CD/cartridge for the win. :D

RainbowDespair on