Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Fortnite] Sprint forever!

2456745

Posts

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm planning to pick this up and am thinking I'll do the $90 version to throw a copy at a buddy. If I do that, does anyone know if the gifted person gets the preorder bonus?

    What is this I don't even.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    And suddenly this has shot from that to "Spend $150 and hand out two copies to friends."

    Spend $150 (really $70) on the free to play game. Do it.

    Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    According to the reddit wiki FAQ:
    Will the standard editions which are part of the founder's pack that are giftable to friends also have the 4 day head start?

    Yes

    I would probably still dig around to make sure if you're thinking of spending that much money though.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's what I've found to be the case as well.

    Of course, one friend who wanted the $40 pack is probably going $60 instead, so I think the $150 ($70) pack is out the window.

    What is this I don't even.
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    so far, several of the old candymancer folks are also going to be playing (myself, saiph, skip, stella, supra and wife, etc.). Looks to be good times ahead.

    253J736.png
    DarkewolfeKylindra
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I am pleased to hear this.

    What is this I don't even.
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    The only question I have is how it will handle build limits with multiple players. Like those videos show Recommended Build Limit - does that mean you can go above it? If so, does that mean a penalized score?

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    They appear to be medal conditions. Build Limit always seems to show up as a gold medal, while the Speed Run one always shows up as a silver medal.

    You go above that or don't complete it and it just doesn't add that level of reward to the end of mission chest.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I think that when tackling higher level missions, you'd rather want to finish the mission than get the extra rewards. A bit like the three star system seen in lots of (mobile) games.

    In the video shared earlier on previous page you cpuld also see a mission which involved clearing encampments, where no building was required; you only had to do it within 20 minutes. You could earni extra medals by clearing out more encampments.

    So the medals are just for increasing your loot quality (I think).

    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Too much shit on the 21st. This, Splatoon 2, Destiny 2 beta...

    You played splatoon 2 its splatoon 1
    You played the destiny 2 beta its called destiny 1

    Have you ever played anything resembling fortnite?

    :D all tongue in check and what not

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Hmm, decisions... This game looks amazing, but for the next 6 months or so, I'd have to play it on my MacBook, which is hit-or-miss when it comes to more recent games (works for Steam indie titles and such, but an Unreal Engine game might give it pause). So I might wait for the beta.

    Then again, in the winter I'll have access to my PS4 again, and getting it now would give me that version for free... Hmm...

    Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • HibikiHibiki Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    And suddenly this has shot from that to "Spend $150 and hand out two copies to friends."

    Spend $150 (really $70) on the free to play game. Do it.

    Maybe you can sell those two copies at much lower price to lower your overall cost? It's something I'm contemplating.

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hibiki wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    And suddenly this has shot from that to "Spend $150 and hand out two copies to friends."

    Spend $150 (really $70) on the free to play game. Do it.

    Maybe you can sell those two copies at much lower price to lower your overall cost? It's something I'm contemplating.

    I'm giving the two $40 copies of the game to friends for $40. Friends who were planning to buy either the $40 or $60 packages. You can buy an upgrade to turn a $40 package into a $60 one.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    No mention of this being available on Friday in Playstation's Drop blog post. No preorder countdown timer either. Though it does say unavailable to preorder in the store because I have founder's status. Hopefully it's just available to download for me on Friday...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    This game is going to be f2p after early access?

    Future Employee of Planetary Acquisitions, Inc.
    Pax Arcadia(PC) Division Agent
    pNRtexA.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    This game is going to be f2p after early access?

    Yeah. So we're all suckers giving them money for their f2p game.

    What is this I don't even.
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The game isn't going to be FTP until some time in 2018, according to their own website.

    I'm getting a standard edition from a buddy, and then picking up a standard edition so that my wife can join in. Still waiting on Destiny 2 PC but this looks interesting.

    9e0txHT.gif
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Ugh. This looks great but Orcs Must Die Unchained was a hot fucking mess and their character designs fall a little too far on the bad side of objectifying. Plus I'd have to be able to play it alone and F2P games almost always end up sucking.

    I think I'll skip it.

    Edit: oh wait fuck me this isn't the orcs must die folks. that's robot!

    Magic Pink on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    This is definitely a co-op with your buddies game where solo would get old hella fast, I think.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    This is definitely a co-op with your buddies game where solo would get old hella fast, I think.

    well i have no buddies so it needs to work single player or it won't work at all.

    i can't seem to find a solid answer on their website about it tho. time to dig deeper!

  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I started looking into the game once they announced it was also coming to PS4. From what I've seen, it's perfectly playable and enjoyable solo.

    If someone thinks "solo would get old fast" I don't think it would be worth it for co op either, since it's largely the same experience except now you're contending with your teammates messing everything up.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I started looking into the game once they announced it was also coming to PS4. From what I've seen, it's perfectly playable and enjoyable solo.

    If someone thinks "solo would get old fast" I don't think it would be worth it for co op either, since it's largely the same experience except now you're contending with your teammates messing everything up.

    Yeah Polygon's preview does NOT paint it as a very enjoyable game on either level as well so I think I will skip it and maybe try it when it goes F2P.

    edit: hold up, do you have to buy a copy on PC AND PS4 to have cross play? Or just buy one and then wait for 2018 to be able to play on the other system?

    Magic Pink on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure PC/PS4 crossplay is immediate once you buy one and link the accounts.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PC/PS4 crossplay is immediate once you buy one and link the accounts.

    So how would you download the game on the platform you didn't pre-order it on tho? Wouldn't you HAVE to get it on the PS4 at least and then hope for a link in the PC launcher?

  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PC/PS4 crossplay is immediate once you buy one and link the accounts.

    So how would you download the game on the platform you didn't pre-order it on tho? Wouldn't you HAVE to get it on the PS4 at least and then hope for a link in the PC launcher?

    because you link your PSN account to the EPIC account.

    253J736.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PC/PS4 crossplay is immediate once you buy one and link the accounts.

    So how would you download the game on the platform you didn't pre-order it on tho? Wouldn't you HAVE to get it on the PS4 at least and then hope for a link in the PC launcher?

    because you link your PSN account to the EPIC account.

    that doesn't actually answer the question.

    looks like the safest thing to do is get it on the PS4 first, there's no way PSN will do it right if you buy the PC version

    edit: also this is god damn hilarious:

    Magic Pink on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I emailed Epic and they seemed to confirm that if you plan to play on both the PS4 and PC it's best to buy it on PS4 to begin.

  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PC/PS4 crossplay is immediate once you buy one and link the accounts.

    So how would you download the game on the platform you didn't pre-order it on tho? Wouldn't you HAVE to get it on the PS4 at least and then hope for a link in the PC launcher?

    because you link your PSN account to the EPIC account.

    that doesn't actually answer the question.

    looks like the safest thing to do is get it on the PS4 first, there's no way PSN will do it right if you buy the PC version

    edit: also this is god damn hilarious:


    it actually does. Since epic is the one controlling the purchase (when you buy it through PSN it still has to connect to the epic system), when you link your two accounts and buy the game it just adds the entry for both PC and PS4.

    253J736.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PC/PS4 crossplay is immediate once you buy one and link the accounts.

    So how would you download the game on the platform you didn't pre-order it on tho? Wouldn't you HAVE to get it on the PS4 at least and then hope for a link in the PC launcher?

    because you link your PSN account to the EPIC account.

    that doesn't actually answer the question.

    looks like the safest thing to do is get it on the PS4 first, there's no way PSN will do it right if you buy the PC version

    edit: also this is god damn hilarious:


    it actually does. Since epic is the one controlling the purchase (when you buy it through PSN it still has to connect to the epic system), when you link your two accounts and buy the game it just adds the entry for both PC and PS4.

    No, it doesn't because I know that already. I was asking where and how you get the game if you just buy a founder's pack on one platform (since you have to select it) and Epic answered that. If you;re planning on both, purchase through PSN for less trouble then download through the Epic Launcher on PC seperately.

    Sorry, my question wasn't really clear to begin with.

    Magic Pink on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular


    Seems... uh...

    Magic PinkFencingsaxCarpyKylindra
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    The start of that video is perfect

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Good to see that the skybox is nice and high. Time to make an absurdly tall castle for my home base.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Talith
  • The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »


    Seems... uh...

    I really hope they implement strong anti-griefing measures - especially when it turns into a free game.

    Also, if you're thinking that the game might be too easy if they could screw up that bad and still win, there's a couple of things to consider. First, paid promotion streamers are given top tier equipment and huge amounts of resources, traps, ammo, etc. In a normal game conservation of resources becomes a much bigger issue as well as the fact that you probably will not have the very best possible weapons.

    Second, if things do seem too easy, the game does reward you for tackling missions above your rated power level. Turn your skill into $$$ by running very high level missions.

  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

    I really hope they implement strong anti-griefing measures - especially when it turns into a free game.

    From the games I watched yesterday, I think one person still "owns" the mission and can kick whoever they want. They're the one has has to start everything for the main task everyone is on.

    Fencingsax
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

    I really hope they implement strong anti-griefing measures - especially when it turns into a free game.

    From the games I watched yesterday, I think one person still "owns" the mission and can kick whoever they want. They're the one has has to start everything for the main task everyone is on.

    I think you cam change permissions.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Or play with friends/people you trust online/ this thread. Seems like you wouldnt need anti griefing at that point.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Or play with friends/people you trust online/ this thread. Seems like you wouldnt need anti griefing at that point.

    Maybe but I'm sure you get bonuses for having a team of 4 for final loot and lots of people like playing with pugs. It's not hard to have easy anti-shithead functions.

  • somethinglikethtsomethingliketht Registered User new member
    I should be around.

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeah, the game looks like it's mostly designed for playing with known friends. I imagine they might roll out some functions for public play over the next year or so, but I'll mostly be playing with buddies for the time being.

    What is this I don't even.
    Fencingsax
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Is there a list of all the heroes?

    9e0txHT.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.