Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Fortnite] Sprint forever!

1394041424345»

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Dyvim TvarForar
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    axen beat me. here's yonyea as well.
    link unlistened to atm. now listened to in entirety.

basically, sony wants a piece of the fortnite pie.

ben's take:
    not stated by sony, but a good act of contrition is getting your account technically jailbreaked from the sony garden so now you can go back to pc or nintendo or where ever you like playing the game. it shouldnt have happened to begin with. what sony initially did was account hostage taking.

nothing said about being able to unlink your epic account from sony if they decide to pull the plug on this beta crossplay thing.

NotoriusBEN on
    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Axen
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also, tomorrow a new event is launching with patch 6.0!
    Hey everyone,

In v6.0 (Thursday, 9/27) we will be introducing a mini event that we’re calling “Cram Session”. This event will not have any special llamas or tickets and will be focused on gathering resources to prepare for the events ahead.

During Cram Session you'll earn increased rewards by:

- Completing Miniboss Mission Alerts (Going back to 10 alerts for this event). These Alerts will grant double the normal amounts of XP, Evolution Materials, Perk Materials, and will grant Gold.

- Complete the four quest lines. These quest have ten stages each which grant significant one-time rewards on completion. (Hero/Schematic/Survivor XP, Evolution Materials, or Gold)

In addition to featuring a new weapon or hero each week, several old favorites will be returning to the Event Store.

Also, anyone who has 2FA enabled on their account will receive the following when v6.0 launches:

50 Armory Slots
    10 Backpack Slots
    1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama

Prepare yourself heroes, You’re going to need all the help you can get as something dark lurks on the horizon.

So be sure to enable 2 Factor Authentication and sign in tomorrow to collect a pretty substantial bonus. Even as someone who has finished all of the Research and Skill Trees (save like 3 SSD defenders I can't even use anymore), those backpack slots in particular are amazing.

It feels like a fairly safe assumption that this is buying time between the Road Trip (which went on for ages) and the Halloween event (presumed to be the return of Fortnitemares or some variation thereof).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Check out these old Fortnite dances.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I haven’t played Fortnite, but hear it’s the biggest thing in gaming right now. So, silly question: why isn’t this thread hopping? Is it a case of PA just doesn’t care or is there a more popular SE thread or something?

Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    kime
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I haven’t played Fortnite, but hear it’s the biggest thing in gaming right now. So, silly question: why isn’t this thread hopping? Is it a case of PA just doesn’t care or is there a more popular SE thread or something?

Not really much to talk about, I imagine. It's not like Minecraft where you can post pictures and stuff of your designs.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Have these been posted before? There is a long series of this on the youtube page

It's the only way I'll play, except I don't pick up anything except shields and bandages. My ultimate goal is to start a dance party in the final circle

Veevee on
    Dyvim Tvar
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Check out these old Fortnite dances.

Eh, the videos that contrast the real life inspirations against the in game ones are better.

But WoW videos also mined the shit out of that for a decade.
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I've nearly completed it, as in, I'm 25 completed missions (of the right types) from being done with the Single Player's main questline. Got up to Power 105 (and climbing) with full Mythic leads and all but one Survivor at Legendary (which I could've done last night, but I saw the notification about the mission with a legendary survivor around 3:30 am and decided I'd rather stay in bed).

It's fun, but it's very Warframe like in that you can just fire up a mission and go. There isn't much content in the game that requires pre-arranged groups (and the Reddit Discord covers what little need there is), and without a clan/guild/etc system there's minimal demand for organization or structure.

I'm generally content with the release rate. If anyone has been on the fence, the "cram session" mini-event they're doing is pretty great. Basically; play the game, get great rewards. We'll see if the luster remains in 3 weeks time, but even if I'm entirely done, the return of their Halloween event "Fortnitemares" should be fun. Hopefully they'll bring back the big hits everyone loves, along with plenty of new content, and then I guess it's just a skip away from the return of the Christmas event, which was where I started this journey in January of this year.

But, to get back to your question, while it's the hottest thing in gaming right now, I believe that's primarily the PVP version, where there's generally even less to discuss, I think. And yet, PUBG's threads have been lengthy and boisterous, so maybe I'm way off base here?

MNC Dover
    FORTNITE THREAD! AWISE FROM YO GWAVE!

For those who enjoyed (or at least dabbled in) the Save the World PVE campaign, Epic Games has finally seen fit to complete the Canny Valley questline!

The game continues to receive quality of life improvements, mechanical changes, and anyone who hasn't logged in recently will see a substantial bump in their power level once they go through the motions of applying their research, upgrades, and whatnot. Warning: DO NOT use the 'auto assign survivors' option, it is a pile of misery and failure that will have you spending half an hour fixing all of your squads. Not only that, but they improved the rewards for the collection book and leveling up, so you'll also receive a pile of experience and evolution materials as well.

On top of that, Frostnite will be launching next week, so another seasonal event is upon us!

And as the cherry on top, anyone who completes the Canny Valley quest line by midnight (EST) on January 1st, 2019, will receive a small token for doing so.

Actual spoiler for those who don't want me to ruin the surprise;
    From what I'm reading, Epic Games will mail you a pin, anywhere in the world, for free.

So, if you're in Canny (or close to it) and you'd like to give the game a whirl again, now would be a good time to do so. Completing the full Canny quest line in 2.5 weeks would take some doing, but with the holidays almost upon us, hopefully it won't be too arduous.