As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Three Seasons of SpongeBob SquarePants are unimpeachable.

1235»

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If that was you on the phone

And you on the bus

Then who was flickering the lights....?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    First, you must taste the marble

Then, you must date the marble

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Spongebob first started coming out when I was 8

So I mean I love it and have always loved it.

Also Jesus Christ Spongebob has been going on since I was 8

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Spongebob is great.

Nick had a few really good ones over the years.

I was always big into rugrats as a kid. And Doug. But I can't for the life of me remember much of either.

Also simpsons started airing when I was 2 years old I'm going to be thirty this year.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Rugrats is a genuinely great show, for quite a few seasons.

https://youtu.be/1vs55Z7t7bk

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Bring it around town

My friends/roommates introduced me to Spongebob when I was a college sophomore

We memorized that goddamn handshake

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If that was you on the phone

And you on the bus

Then who was flickering the lights....?
    It kills me that no one finished this

You all left it hanging in the air

Never to be dunked

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    "Just try a krabby patty. It's good for you."
    "That thing is a heart attack on a bun!"
    "No Squidward, good for your soul."
    "I HAVE NO SOUL!"

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    welp

I'm flaccid forever now

knew it'd happen eventually

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    welp

I'm flaccid forever now

knew it'd happen eventually

There's so much suggestive material in spongebob

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

This... is the taste of a liar.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

They ever do one of those stupid Spongebob now things? Like the really dumb Doug one where everyone has a full arm tattoo because apparently nobody ever watched doug.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    half the cast of spongebob have died off from ocean acidification in the last ten years

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If none of you folks have had a chance to watch the latest film, it was pretty good.

At one point the whole town immediately becomes a Mad-Max parody.

SpongeBob-Movie-Sponge-Out-of-Water-The-4-News.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I never realized that Mister Krabs in a leather bondage outfit was something that would make me want to see a movie.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The last film had some pretty deceptive marketing, trying to sell the movie as the cast out in the real world as superheroes isn't entirely accurate.

As that really only takes place over the last fifteen minutes.

The rest of the movie is a buddy road-trip film with Spongebob & Plankton traveling through time to solve a mystery.

It is super fun!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    There has been too much violence me boyo. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk up and pay. Give me your money, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk up and pay and I'll give ye a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk up and pay and there will be an end to the horror. Krabby patties

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    What's so great about dumb old Texas anyway?

hey patrick what am i?

uhh, stupid?

no i'm texas!

what's the difference??

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

i think this may be my number one favorite scene in spongebob

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think I was just too old for SpongBob. I was 13 when it started and to me it was a stupid baby show. I've seen a few episodes as an adult and they range from interesting (The Rock Bottom one) to just....awful totally awful and garbage. I don't think its ever made me laugh though.

Rereading that it sounds like I'm shitting on it, I'm not meaning too. There was some good stuff in there! And they used some great classic comedy stuff, it was just...before my time. When I worked at the movie theater it was the biggest gap between my associates and I.

I was 30 and it was the best thing I had seen in ages. It had many layers and I pose you were actually too young.

What i mean is you were too old to enjoy it on a "brightly coloured kid show" but not old enough to see it as an exercise in absurdity within a great setting.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ny9bgoczzkol.jpg
    Spongebob is dead now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I sometimes wonder if Dawkins has any regrets.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I apologize if anyone has said this up to now, but:

Out of all this show's funny moments (and it really had a lot of them when I watched it) I think my favorite is still probably "FEEL THINE OWN WRATH, STOVE"

That one sticks out in my mind because it made my father laugh so hard he started to choke, which he never did at cartoons

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    My favorite episode will always be the Texas episode which I happened to be watching with a roomful of Texans. The looks on their faces when Sandy says "whut did y'all just say about texas?!" was priceless because on one hand that was the proper response, but on the other hand it was obvious that they were being made fun of

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I apologize if anyone has said this up to now, but:

Out of all this show's funny moments (and it really had a lot of them when I watched it) I think my favorite is still probably "FEEL THINE OWN WRATH, STOVE"

That one sticks out in my mind because it made my father laugh so hard he started to choke, which he never did at cartoons

I always thought it was "FEEL MINE OWN WRATH, STOVE".

But yeah, Neptune smiting a stove is amazing. That whole episode was great.

"The royal fry cook has... red underwear! No, blue!"

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    F is for friends who do stuff together...

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If none of you folks have had a chance to watch the latest film, it was pretty good.

At one point the whole town immediately becomes a Mad-Max parody.

SpongeBob-Movie-Sponge-Out-of-Water-The-4-News.jpg

I loved that movie. The jokes were as good as you knew they'd be, but the art was fantastic. So many different art styles, and many of the best jokes were purely visual.

Plus the switching to Mad Max cut is the best match cut since 2001: A Space Odyssey.