As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Veni, Vidi, Amavi: [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Huskies in general have it more frequently to the point it's considered one of their breed's traits too.

The best part is she acts more like a lab than a husky, she just wants pets and to play with people all day long, the only time she shows up as a husky is when other doggos are around because she rough houses (which upsets like everyone except big dog owners).

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    just wait until the cat stings
    it is their nature

at least you know a scorpion will sting. the cat would probably not sting out of spite

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    just wait until the cat stings
    it is their nature

at least you know a scorpion will sting. the cat would probably not sting out of spite

I'm sure a cat could find a way.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    701b39fhzybc.jpg

Took this today.

Victor is the closest, he's 18 years old and definitely looks and acts like he's had enough of the three others who are about four years old each.

The one behind is Nobby, his grandson.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Youre doing me a spoop, friend.

oz6TBaj.jpg

Bedlam on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    the tortie apparently finds pooping rather distressing (i can relate), and the only cure for her is laptime. like, if we hear her scratching around, we know that cat is incoming. (she doesn't seem to have pain or visible distress, it's just a seemingly harmless habit. maybe she's self-conscious about her stinkbombs.)

she is a very insistent snuggler as a matter of course.
    you're sitting? well, now you're making a lap, even if you thought the fetal position was untenable for a cat to balance on. she's very appreciative, but man, bossypants when she wants to sit on you.

if i had a camera on me, i'd take a picture...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://www.instagram.com/sarperduman/

This dude and his piano loving cat are killing me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    *wink*
    2o8beInl.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

This could not be more laser-targeted at me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited September 2017
    nGSS52J.png

"I cant fucking read, Doug."

Vegan Wolf is 20% more pretentious than the other wolfs.

iiZ4zvf.jpg

Bedlam on
  • Options
    that is way too cute to be a wolf

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    bowen wrote: »

How dare you

WczZnp0.jpg

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they're good canids, bowem

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

VcS0EK0.png

broken image link
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    A friend of my GF back in the day had a German-shepherd-wolf-hybrid, appropriately named Bear.

We had a New Year's Eve party at her place and I went outside to have a smoke not even knowing that there was a nearly feral animal in the backyard; this sort of grey ... shadow ... cut across my peripheral vision and then suddenly was in my face, tail wagging, mouth open and panting.

"You wanna hang out?"

*Bear sits*

"Want me to give you some head scratches?"

*tail goes nuts*

And so Bear and I hung out for the length of several cigarettes and the remainder of a beer, some twenty minutes or so. He actually whined before I went back inside, so I knelt and gave him a full body rub while he licked my face raw.

Bear's owner was completely taken aback:

"Did you ... bring him a treat or anything?"

"Nope, just hung out with him, petted him and told him he was The Handsomest Boy in the whole wide world."

"That's really fucked up, Mike. He's more than 3/4 timber wolf. He doesn't like males, he even growls at my dad."

"What can I say? I'm lovable."

"Yeah, a fucking apex predator just decides you're fun to hang with. Sure."

"Well, I wasn't trying to be the boss of him, so that may have had something to do with it. Besides, he's a sweetheart."

In hindsight, that pupper could have torn my arm off, and I had every right to be apprehensive. But ... he was just so snuggly.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Game recognize game.

hippofant on
  • Options
    Wait a minute.

I didn't say that.

This guy's a phony!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    hippofant wrote: »

Game recognize game.

Isn't that how we domesticated them in the first place

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Game recognize game.

We're not 100% sure, but we think it's probably one of the two following ways:

1) They hung around our camps and ate our scraps. They'd keep larger predators away and eventually their pups would be timid enough to enter the camp and get petted like the good lil puppers they are. Over time (thousands of years) you get modern dogs, and almost two hundred thousand years later here we are.

2) The runts of the litter were abandoned and we came across them and adopted them. The traits we usually select against just happens to coincide with runts of the liter. Things like friendliness, acting juvenile, submissiveness, piebald coat colors, etc.

It was probably a mix of both, but without dogs, there's a real good chance human society wouldn't have been quite as prolific as it was. They do so many things for us.

Good ol doggos.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Your neck has impressive flexibility.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @Darth Waiter

Have I ever told you how much I love your stories? Jesus, man, your life has apparently been insane!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    A friend of my GF back in the day had a German-shepherd-wolf-hybrid, appropriately named Bear.

We had a New Year's Eve party at her place and I went outside to have a smoke not even knowing that there was a nearly feral animal in the backyard; this sort of grey ... shadow ... cut across my peripheral vision and then suddenly was in my face, tail wagging, mouth open and panting.

"You wanna hang out?"

*Bear sits*

*tail goes nuts*

And so Bear and I hung out for the length of several cigarettes and the remainder of a beer, some twenty minutes or so. He actually whined before I went back inside, so I knelt and gave him a full body rub while he licked my face raw.

"Nope, just hung out with him, petted him and told him he was The Handsomest Boy in the whole wide world."

"That's really fucked up, Mike. He's more than 3/4 timber wolf. He doesn't like males, he even growls at my dad."

"Well, I wasn't trying to be the boss of him, so that may have had something to do with it. Besides, he's a sweetheart."

In hindsight, that pupper could have torn my arm off, and I had every right to be apprehensive. But ... he was just so snuggly.

You and me Darth, we're missing that thing in our brains that make us scared of animals, even when we should be!
    My rescue group constantly talks about how I will probably die one day snugging a Polar Bear or something.
    But until then I will continue to use my complete lack of fear to confuse animals into getting close enough to snuggle them!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular

Yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep uh huh uh huh uh huh

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
  • Options

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Game recognize game.

We're not 100% sure, but we think it's probably one of the two following ways:

1) They hung around our camps and ate our scraps. They'd keep larger predators away and eventually their pups would be timid enough to enter the camp and get petted like the good lil puppers they are. Over time (thousands of years) you get modern dogs, and almost two hundred thousand years later here we are.

2) The runts of the litter were abandoned and we came across them and adopted them. The traits we usually select against just happens to coincide with runts of the liter. Things like friendliness, acting juvenile, submissiveness, piebald coat colors, etc.

It was probably a mix of both, but without dogs, there's a real good chance human society wouldn't have been quite as prolific as it was. They do so many things for us.

Good ol doggos.

I think the first theory is the strongest, because human settlements always had big refuse piles at the perimeter that would have been very attractive to scavengers like wolves, assuming they could become unafraid enough of the humans to approach it. That potential food source creates a natural selection pressure towards losing their fear of humans.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

"You wanna hang out?"

*Bear sits*

*tail goes nuts*

You and me Darth, we're missing that thing in our brains that make us scared of animals, even when we should be!
    My rescue group constantly talks about how I will probably die one day snugging a Polar Bear or something.
    But until then I will continue to use my complete lack of fear to confuse animals into getting close enough to snuggle them!

You know, we all have to go out eventually.
    And I can think of worse stories to be told at a wake than:
    "Yeah he was mauled by a polar bear.
    "Really shouldn't have gone in for the belly rub.
    "Granted, I've never actually seen a polar bear roll over on it's back like that...

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I wanna slide up to that table and scoop them up and hug them all at once.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

How did you get this video of me

Ladies,

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Darth Waiter

Have I ever told you how much I love your stories? Jesus, man, your life has apparently been insane!

Get me a bottle of single malt and you will hear some serious shit until I black out and faceplant.

Then it's all, "I think I broke my nose ... again."

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Darth Waiter

Get me a bottle of single malt and you will hear some serious shit until I black out and faceplant.

I got a little bit of this at the, uh, first or second PAX South. Can't remember which.

It was a good time.

I don't think I ever got to pay you back for that beer you bought me?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Darth Waiter

I got a little bit of this at the, uh, first or second PAX South. Can't remember which.

It was a good time.

Shit, if South is where I need to go for story time with Darth, I need to go sooner rather than later.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

It was a good time.

More reason to show up in January; I'll have turned 40 by then and the only way I know to cheat Death is through a long, slow pickling process.
    Skeith wrote: »
    Shit, if South is where I need to go for story time with Darth, I need to go sooner rather than later.

The more the merrier!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    We went to a "wine walk" last weekend where we found this bird who was either thrilled or terribly pissed off to have so many people in their store.

https://youtu.be/qUR3o7kDzpQ

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
This discussion has been closed.