As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Veni, Vidi, Amavi: [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Someone taking a Winter walk in the Plitvice Lakes national park.
    Posted here because it features a very good dog (Mishka) in her right element.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-kMbyl0Fg

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    dunno if Jordyn posts in these parts anymore, but here's a Twitter post where she cares for some kitties

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm puppysitting that husky this weekend.

puppysitting is the best

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

My Sister's dog Emma. She was put down today. My sister also lost her Guinea Pig a few days ago. I can't believe this is happening to her, she loves her animals so much.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2017
    :bro:
    that's terribly sad. I'm so sorry for your sister.

tynic on
  • Options
    So I got up to pee.

I come back and this:

EP4jEWVl.png

You're lucky you're cute pupper.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    buttwarm seats are best seats
    my fathers pupper will sneak on the couch when he thinks nobody is around. If you walk in the room he will lie very still and try to melt into the couch cushions.

also here is a husky licking an owl:

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Well, your spot isn't going to keep itself warm.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Why are dogs the best

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Also I was gonna sleep on the couch but I can't now because the dog is sitting in the middle of the couch next to me.

Edit:

6uC8Bisl.png

I can't go to sleep you mean ol' doggo!

bowen on
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, you're going to be sitting for awhile. Science has repeatedly proven that it's impossible to be mean enough to move a comfy dog or cat away from your sleeping area. Even flat-Earthers know that.

Strikor on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    2014-11-03-Just-Sit-Idly-Die.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    Yeah, you're going to be sitting for awhile. Science has repeatedly proven that it's impossible to be mean enough to move a comfy dog or cat away from your sleeping area. Even flat-Earthers know that.

So I switch so my feet are by the pupper and then this little creep comes out of the shadows:

gIjM6Ijl.png

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    You're surrounded! Bail out! You can't provide the snugs they need!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    You're surrounded! Bail out! You can't provide the snugs they need!

I would let them win to hang out with a dog and cat.

• Options
    Untp8KVl.png

I think she wants attention.

Do.. do I dare to pet the tummy?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's a trap, but yes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That is definitely a trick.

Go for it anyway.

• Options
    It was a trap and she is basically petting herself on my motionless arm now

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    large.jpg

• Options
    I think that pupper is a bit loopy.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »

Science has yet to discover my trick then.
    You see, the trick is to gently lift the dog onto your tummy while stretching out on the couch, so you're able to sleep on the couch while the dog is sleeping on you.

And if anyone knows a better way to spend a Saturday...

• Options
    I may have a bit of a tummy but deadlifting a 60 lb husky onto it is ... is just not feasible!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Why do Yorkies and Chihuahuas have entirely black eyes? Well, not entirely, but their pupil is very much larger in relation to the rest of their eye than larger dogs. Is it just that all dogs have the same size pupils but larger dogs have bigger eyes?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Super sad news: Patrick Stewart was forced to give up Ginger. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAHjaTqDtA

• Options
    :(

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Breedspecific bans on ownership are stupid. At the most I could get behind a "To have this kind of dog you must have shown yourself to be a responsible dog owner". Because pitbulls are not bad, they just have a tendency to be selected by bad owners for bad reasons.

Breeding bans I can get behind, because no dog should have to suffer through what it means to have skin with folds that get constantly infected, or a short nose and closed up throat that makes every breath a struggle.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think ICP are starting to run out of ideas...

SwnURHd.jpg

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    OR

are starting to think of actual good ones

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    That dog is not happy with the use of pupface

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Huh, I had not heard that pitbulls were not allowed in the UK. Thats really dumb!

Especially if its just a 'looks like' ban because a really really popular breed here is the Staffordshire bull terrier. Which looks very pit bull like:
    StaffordshireBullTerrier.jpg

They are absolute sweet hearts

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Pitbull bans are the dumbest fucking thing, go after the assholes that pick specific breeds to abuse and turn into violent dogs, it's not the pitbull, it's the humans.

source: see previous decades flipping their shit over dobermans and such. Asshole humans will always find a new breed to abuse, stop punishing the animals

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's all part of the poisonous legacy of PETA, given that IIRC it was founded by someone who was--no lying, this was the entire rationale--just scared of dogs and terrified of pit bulls in particular because one attacked her?

• Options
    I've seen meaner Chihuahuas than I have Pit Bulls in my life and yet no one ever tries to ban Chihuahuas, nor even larger breeds like German Shepherds that could murder the shit out of you if they wanted to.

People are just stupid and it infuriates me when people who have no experience with dogs just keep repeating the same untrue cliches and the dogs are the ones to suffer as a result.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kind of depressing to see Stewart giving up Ginger though. I'd think that given his social standing he'd be in a position to work to alter the ban.
    Don't get me wrong, I know it's best for the dog to have a loving home and not be the face of a controversy, but if anyone was in a position to leverage public opinion against a ban...

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Pit bulls have a crazy strong bite strength and are naturally territorial, and if you don't train them right, they'll kill the shit out of people or, especially, other dogs. I know a very sweet pit that bit the leg off an equally sweet jack terrier just because she was adopted too late.

That being said, a poorly raised golden retriever would be just as aggressive, if slightly less effective. An abused collie is probably more dangerous to humans, since their teeth are designed for slashing attacks and they tend to go for the femoral artery. Any medium sized dog can be a killer if they have a shitty upbringing. It's definitely a human problem, not a dog problem.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    This is why I was puppysitting:

WLbqjHz.jpg

This discussion has been closed.