As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Veni, Vidi, Amavi: [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Tucker had a sleepy day today.

9gPQubIl.jpg

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    He's all... tuckerd out

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I've never seen a ferret that's given free roam of a room like that just like lay down and stop moving around.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    nPJCUkh.png

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    He is the cutest. I'm just sad I had to go home.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    bowen wrote: »
    I've never seen a ferret that's given free roam of a room like that just like lay down and stop moving around.

They had play time a few hours earlier than usual, so they were just both sleepy boys today in general.

My first ferret, Rascal, was always running around unlike Ollie and Tucker occasionally taking five-ten minute naps during play time. Just different personalities, I suppose.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So! Story about a new cat today. Well, she's not really new, she's in my usual room, but I think I figured something out regarding her behavior and thought it made for a good post.

Her name is Willa Feral (yes), and she is the tiniest little thing. She's smaller than some adolescents in the shelter, but she's clearly fully grown because she's always been the same size in the months I've known her. She's kinda got a grumpycat face structure but not as pronounced. For the first few weeks in the room she was clearly shy of me, but at last a couple of weeks ago she started coming up to me as soon as I first enter the room to plead for pettings. She's not a lap cat (at least not for me) but will happily lean up on her hind legs to tap you if you're sitting down.

She also bites. I don't think she can help it, which is why whenever I try to chastise her for it I can never maintain the punishment without feeling bad. (The "punishment" is ignoring her for like a minute until she becomes too insistent.) But whenever you put something directly in front of her face, no matter the reason or her mood, she will reflexively bite down hard on it. So petting her is a game of making sure to keep playing with her while also moving your arm and hands in such a way that they don't end up in front of her face as she wiggles around.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    So! Story about a new cat today. Well, she's not really new, she's in my usual room, but I think I figured something out regarding her behavior and thought it made for a good post.

Her name is Willa Feral (yes), and she is the tiniest little thing. She's smaller than some adolescents in the shelter, but she's clearly fully grown because she's always been the same size in the months I've known her. She's kinda got a grumpycat face structure but not as pronounced. For the first few weeks in the room she was clearly shy of me, but at last a couple of weeks ago she started coming up to me as soon as I first enter the room to plead for pettings. She's not a lap cat (at least not for me) but will happily lean up on her hind legs to tap you if you're sitting down.

She also bites. I don't think she can help it, which is why whenever I try to chastise her for it I can never maintain the punishment without feeling bad. (The "punishment" is ignoring her for like a minute until she becomes too insistent.) But whenever you put something directly in front of her face, no matter the reason or her mood, she will reflexively bite down hard on it. So petting her is a game of making sure to keep playing with her while also moving your arm and hands in such a way that they don't end up in front of her face as she wiggles around.

Excuse me, you need to provide pics of any and all cats immediately.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Huh, I had not heard that pitbulls were not allowed in the UK. Thats really dumb!

Especially if its just a 'looks like' ban because a really really popular breed here is the Staffordshire bull terrier. Which looks very pit bull like:
    StaffordshireBullTerrier.jpg

They are absolute sweet hearts

Staffordshire bulls are often considered part of the umbrella "pit bull" group. American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers are all often included together under "pit bull." Technically even the plain old Bulldog is in the group. I've taken to just calling them "bully breeds" because people are so idiotic about "pit bull." My brother had to put "Staffordshire" only on his apartment application to avoid issues. I'm so fed up with breed specific bans.

I also dearly wish I could adopt Ginger since the Stewarts can't take her. I hope they find her a good family. :-/

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    see317 wrote: »
    Kind of depressing to see Stewart giving up Ginger though. I'd think that given his social standing he'd be in a position to work to alter the ban.
    Don't get me wrong, I know it's best for the dog to have a loving home and not be the face of a controversy, but if anyone was in a position to leverage public opinion against a ban...

I wouldn't be surprised if he does anyway, it's just this is the best thing for Ginger who is just a dog and shouldn't have to deal with the bullshit that would come from trying to ignore the ban. She should just be happy and carefree.

E: Even just making that video is him starting to push back against it.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    We only rate dogs. This is clearly a lion.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BEHOLD

tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8ivnp90Gd1urmckio10_1280.jpg

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    The braiding on the horse's mane in the last pic...

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    6knn9xereugu.jpg

p0j17ibuv6vl.jpg

ucx5alnwgdeu.jpg

gfzuv1kry3fc.jpg

uzji19ajtgd5.jpg

I cuddled all the baby birds

• Options
    kitty love

tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco1_540.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco2_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco3_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco4_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco5_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco7_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco8_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco10_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco9_500.jpg
    tumblr_ogm8ciHVul1vjdzwco6_500.jpg

• Options
    NzLMgRYl.jpg

I need to get a house for a puppy like real soon.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    *GASP*
    tumblr_okywmqIJiP1s3n53to1_400.gif
    "You lied to me Cheryl!"

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Cats arrived!

Bramble:
    79xm6ng3r21i.jpg

Talisker:

sxslmdc8dy7s.jpg

Talisker is currently snoozing on Mrs Rhesus' lap, allowing herself to be stroked (including a brief chin scritch @Jedoc)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Did your cats come shipped to you in a cardboard box?

• Options
    That was a belated birthday present box, which naturally is more comfy than the beds and blanketed boxes we prepared - must be the thick wrapping paper.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Did your cats come shipped to you in a cardboard box?

How else would Amazon ship them?
    Protip: spring for the overnight shipping.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yessss, tiny cat chins.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Yessss, tiny cat chins.

But they're going unrubbed!

• Options
    I'm doing my best!

They had a brief nap and now they're back to chasing each other round the bedroom.

• Options
    Unsnugglehuggy problem
    Some animals, including cats and dogs, have a congenital defect called megaesophagus. Sadly despite being mega it's no good: the esophagus is stretched out so they can't swallow properly.

Snugglehuggy solution
    Feed them by holding them upright and let gravity be a hero.

tumblr_mnmorgqpNb1r6pkr1o1_400.gif
    Here is a dog getting into his high chair.

tumblr_inline_oooan8KHmK1qihf4u_1280.jpg
    Here is a cat with the same disorder in his eatin' sock.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Karoz on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    This is a gif of the rare Magical Starry Shepherd Dog

...AKA "puppy found some glitter"

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    that dog is going to sparkle for months

e: put gifv and paste the link by itself and vanilla will do the rest, it's only 3mb (which is okay in nsf56k I think right?)

bowen on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    that dog is going to sparkle for months

e: put gifv and paste the link by itself and vanilla will do the rest, it's only 3mb (which is okay in nsf56k I think right?)

Ah, wasn't aware I had to remove the "s" in "https" for it to work. Now it works :) (before it was 50+ MB)

• Options
    Magical Grrrrrrrrl Pupper.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    bloop

tumblr_orf8baAmHB1woeq9so1_400.gif

This octopus is about 5 cm across and was found about 825m down at Whiting Seamount.

tumblr_orf8baAmHB1woeq9so2_400.gif

Shadowen on
  • Options
    does it have little floppy ear things??

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Have you met my ass capella group?

in3yq8p619fb.jpg

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    The problems with chubby dags.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    OH LOOK IT'S A COMIC ABOUT MY FUCKING CAT
    5G6PJUm.jpg

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    The problems with chubby dags.

Or old dags with bad hips.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    bloop

tumblr_orf8baAmHB1woeq9so1_400.gif

This octopus is about 5 cm across and was found about 825m down at Whiting Seamount.

tumblr_orf8baAmHB1woeq9so2_400.gif

blooper.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.