As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

1939495969799»

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The best seasonal buff in the world, ever, would be: free unlimited Death's Breaths forever. Here's just a fountain of them right back in town; have at it.

I prefer the double bounties. I have never once been limited by the amount of death's breath I have. Never run out, I don't know why. I think I have like 5000 of it or more.
    I am in awe and envy.

Maybe I spend too much time upgrading rares, but I always feel like I am short on Death's Breaths. Absolutely always.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i've never not been able to find a use for every single death's breath i get. every single one of them can be channeled towards turning my character into a more and more powerful dude

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The best seasonal buff in the world, ever, would be: free unlimited Death's Breaths forever. Here's just a fountain of them right back in town; have at it.

I prefer the double bounties. I have never once been limited by the amount of death's breath I have. Never run out, I don't know why. I think I have like 5000 of it or more.
    I am in awe and envy.

Maybe I spend too much time upgrading rares, but I always feel like I am short on Death's Breaths. Absolutely always.

I think in general I just got ridiculously lucky with easy drops/bloodstone rolls. And/or forgot about being able to do that in the cube but there are so many ways to get loot anyway and you're accomplishing other stuff while doing rift runs as well so I prioritize that.
    i've never not been able to find a use for every single death's breath i get. every single one of them can be channeled towards turning my character into a more and more powerful dude

I dunno, I don't get it. I think I'm at the point where literally the only path upward is leveling legendary gems and augmenting.

I could roll a whole bunch of jesseth shields I suppose. Mine is still not ancient but dammit I cannot get one with the exact same set of stats which are optimal for me, it's always missing something that would still be out of reach after rolling in a socket etc.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    If you've got a ton of Death's Breath there's really no reason not to be upgrading rares, it's free legendaries for a targeted slot. Basically an alternate version of Kadala. Unless you feel that you already have items that are basically perfect, in which case, time to play something else :P

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    So I've finished the story, doing some adventure mode bounties, at level 54, and I have a couple of questions:
    Should I sell or salvage all the junk I pick up?
    I've been saving every legendary item I find, is that a good idea or should I be selling/salvaging those too?
    Is it worth upgrading gems? I started to but it quickly used up all my gold.
    Is there something I should be prioritising now, like doing rifts, or should I just be levelling up in whatever way is fun?
    Do the points you get for finishing challenges mean anything other than leaderboard ranking?

edited November 2018
    yeah i've never had all primal ancients with correct secondaries and i never will, so deaths breaths get continuously funneled through the composting machine as quickly and efficiently as possible

i seldom play any season long enough to get more than my weapons rolled into primal ancients, because even that usually takes a lot of effort

Dehumanized on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    So I've finished the story, doing some adventure mode bounties, at level 54, and I have a couple of questions:
    I've been saving every legendary item I find, is that a good idea or should I be selling/salvaging those too?
    Is there something I should be prioritising now, like doing rifts, or should I just be levelling up in whatever way is fun?
    Do the points you get for finishing challenges mean anything other than leaderboard ranking?

Salvaging has marginal utility because you can use those mats at level 70. Though these numbers are so small that it doesn't matter. Every run at 70, when you get back to town, you just autoconvert all nonlegendaries to mats.
    Gold has none. It's on an exponential curve, and you haven't hit it yet. Once you get your sets in order at 70, you're thinking in hundreds of millions to billions of gold.
    Gems is mostly the same. At a 2:1 trade, the only ones worth keeping are the highest 2 tiers. You're mostly losing time sorting inventory and combining them in the interface. Keep the highest you are currently finding, use the best emerald in your weapon.

The legendaries worth keeping are the ones that have strong effects. Those you can feed to the Cube at 70, where you can then select that ability. But because you can only get 1 weapon, 1 armor, and 1 ring passive, the pool of "useful" is pretty small.

The game is essentially a loot / experience ladder to higher numbers, so play what you want.

If you play seasonal, those seasonal challenges definitely reward something, once you get to 70. Completing certain chapters gets you a set of items on 1 character per season, greatly boosting the initial gearup phase.
    Non seasonal, it's just Blizzards version of achievements. There may be a pet in there somewhere? I don't remember....

Oh and for new players - having a pet out is really good. They hover up gold for you!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Salvage the junk. You will never make enough money selling stuff for it to be worth it and you'll get more gold from just killing stuff in the field then you'll ever make from selling stuff.
    Salvage legendaries that don't have good legendary powers. Legendaries with good legendary powers get fed to the cube (in Adventure mode)
    Upgrading gems is tremendously worth it. Filling out a piece of chest armor with maxed out gems of your primary stat can boost that stat by 840. Putting a diamond in your helmet can really help if you're running into cooldowns as well. Putting a top tier emerald in your weapon (at high level) may be the single biggest DPS boost you can get.
    Whatever way is fun for you. I'd suggest running the bounties so you can get the crafting materials, but if you prefer rifts or restarting the story mode, then you do you. Once you start getting Rift Keys from the Nephalem Rifts (I think they start dropping at lvl 60, but I might be wrong) you'll want to start collecting those so you can get into the Greater Rifts and start collecting and leveling gems.
    I don't think so, but I never paid attention to the leaderboard or points so I could be wrong.

see317 on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I got the 6 seasonal pieces, paragon 120, how do I go after Tragoul or whatever better set there is?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Other set pieces will just drop randomly from monsters and Rift bosses, or from purchasing armor with blood shards at Kadala.

When you get a duplicate item, put the lesser version in the cube and use the convert set item recipe.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So emails are going out to the D3 loot contest.
    We would like to congratulate you on being one of our winners in the “Diablo III: Eternal Collection - Quest for Treasure” contest. Thanks for entering!

Anybody else get an email?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    nope, guess I didn't win anything

BahamutZERO.gif
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    GRift keystones don't take up much space, like crafting mats used to, but it will just be nice not having to deal with the hassle of having to constantly move them out of your inventory to the stash when running rifts.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So emails are going out to the D3 loot contest.
    We would like to congratulate you on being one of our winners in the “Diablo III: Eternal Collection - Quest for Treasure” contest. Thanks for entering!

Anybody else get an email?
    Wow, grats. What'd you win? One of the cheapy things?

No idea. They just asked me to reply with my bank account, mother's maiden name and where I was born. Oh and something about my social security number with credit card information to make sure I am an adult.
    Just kidding. They asked me if I'm sure I'm eligible for the prize and if so reply to the email with my shipping info. No idea what I won. Probably a postcard (aka pin or the figure).

oosik_betsuni.png
    forty wrote: »
    GRift keystones don't take up much space, like crafting mats used to, but it will just be nice not having to deal with the hassle of having to constantly move them out of your inventory to the stash when running rifts.

or worse, when you forgot them on a different character :( very happy about this change

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Where's the QoL change to pick up deaths breath and crafting mats with the loot pet?
    Where's the QoL change to make WD pets commandable?
    Where's the QoL change to have your pet pick up globes?

Guaranteed primal is nice. Some of those buffs are insane.
    Leapquake anyone?
    UE is going to be more absurd than it already is.
    Nats bombard build will be out of this world if those numbers stay the same.
    Firebats is going to be popular with those numbers.
    Jade will be powerful too, but not for group play so much.

Others give huge buffs, but what the build lacked was survivability. Looking at Rolands here.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    I got an email!
    ”Get discounts on blizzard gear...”

Gets me every time

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    No idea. They just asked me to reply with my bank account, mother's maiden name and where I was born. Oh and something about my social security number with credit card information to make sure I am an adult.
    Just kidding. They asked me if I'm sure I'm eligible for the prize and if so reply to the email with my shipping info. No idea what I won. Probably a postcard (aka pin or the figure).

You're obligated to post a picture if you win a weapon. ^.^

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The thing that immediately jumped out to me is that any set with a ring will now enjoy enormous flexibility; WD helltooth/Zuni maybe? And obviously nats/whatever

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited November 2018
    yeah i've never had all primal ancients with correct secondaries and i never will, so deaths breaths get continuously funneled through the composting machine as quickly and efficiently as possible

i seldom play any season long enough to get more than my weapons rolled into primal ancients, because even that usually takes a lot of effort

Oh man I don't even care about primals though, the chance seems too low to be worth targeting them in any way. It's nice if it happens but it's not gonna.

To me it doesn't seem worth it to pursue upgrades of 10-20 main stat or +2% more damage on your main ability or whatever. I will continuously reroll one attribute if perfection's within reach but I don't think I'm suddenly going to have a much easier time doing the next rift with a little 2% bonus. Probably more efficient to just keep trying until you get lucky and have a particularly good run with manageable enemy groups (no 'sploders, and wide open in the snowy woods).
    Klatu wrote: »
    Where's the QoL change to have your pet pick up globes?

I don't actually want this. My build gets me like 20% main resource back with each health globe I get and is key to maintaining powerful singularity mages, and I'd rather collect them predictably when I want to, so I can for example ignore existing globes, top myself off, dump max resource into a mage casting and then go around getting globes for another cast.

And yeah I could unequip the pet but then I don't get the gold (even worse if I was also missing out on the utility of pet picking up crafting mats).

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    E.Coyote wrote: »

You're obligated to post a picture if you win a weapon. ^.^

Oh heck yeah I will.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited November 2018
    primal weapons are on the level of 30-50% more damage for some builds, it's worth doing anything you can to try for them and in many cases upgrading rares is actually a very efficient way to pursue them. even if you don't get them, getting better and better ancient weapons will do wonders and it's not like there aren't 15 armor slots that also need better stuff

why leave a resource that can easily be leveraged for higher clears in the bank?

Dehumanized on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The thing that immediately jumped out to me is that any set with a ring will now enjoy enormous flexibility; WD helltooth/Zuni maybe? And obviously nats/whatever

It automatically makes UE tougher next season because now UE can wear one of the following:
    Visage of Gunes as well as using the normal vengence rune.
    If you don't care about survivability, then you can wear Magefist for 30% more fire damage from your multishot.
    Wear gloves of worship if you're doing T13 farms and have shrine effects last 10 mins for even less care.
    Use the chill multishot rune and then wear Frostburn gloves if you want more damage and more survivability.
    Boj Angler boots for another 15% multishot roll.
    Beckon Sail for another life.
    Skele king pauldrons for another life.

That's off the top of my head and only for UE DH haha.

Yeah next seasons theme is a bit weak but it's going to make for insane builds and crazy fast clears of some of the content.

@nasty pig - HT is already forced to use the ring, but now it frees up a ring slot for us, could maybe get away with zuni ring/fetish, not sure how much it would provide tho, more targets for mobs to ignore you, but it would be a big drop in life expectancy I think. Thinking about it, this free's up the ability to use Unity full time in the HT WD build for running solo.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    primal weapons are on the level of 30-50% more damage for some builds, it's worth doing anything you can to try for them and in many cases upgrading rares is actually a very efficient way to pursue them. even if you don't get them, getting better and better ancient weapons will do wonders and it's not like there aren't 15 armor slots that also need better stuff

why leave a resource that can easily be leveraged for higher clears in the bank?

Wait, my friend told me that primals were just ancients with 100% perfect stats. So if you have a weapon with main stat range 600-900 and yours is 880 then getting a primal would only be 20 more points, right?

That's right, the stat ranges are all the same, but weapons benefit from having the damage range (and probably a legendary power) maxed out as well.

You usually have to enchant a primary stat and just accept whatever weapon range you get, so depending on the ancient you're upgrading from you could definitely go up another 10-20%, which would generally be pretty close to 50% better than a non-ancient version.

Likewise, if you already had an amazing ancient, then going to primal won't be as much a difference, and in some cases can actually be worse.