As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Which build is this? Specifically, where does the speed come from?

My half-assed speed farm setup right now is https://www.d3planner.com/971982799
    My damage is kinda shit which will be resolved by getting a better ancient weapon, jewelry rolls and boosting my Pain Enhancer with my normal grift pushing version but hooboy does this thing haul ass and make farming T13/GR60 kinda hilarious.

15% from Bone Storm w/ Harvest of Anguish
    20-25% from Lost Time depending on your roll (triggers off of Harvest of Anguish since that causes Bone Storm to hit with cold damage :D)
    30% from Boon of the Hoarder
    40%-50% from the Steuart's Greaves

If you drop the Warzechian Armguards in the cube then it gets really silly but you lose the frostburn proc and open field maps make the Warzechian Armguards kinda useless so I'm not that big of a fan of them. They're neat as a novelty toy though.

EDIT: This build isn't some highly refined idea, it's basically me just shoving shit into my normal grifting build to lazily convert it over to speed farming. But as the saying goes if it's stupid and it works, is it really all that stupid?

Just +105-120%? I've hacked together a combination that gives me +280% without very much optimization.

Of course, I'm using a witch doctor.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the replies.
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Loot is connected to difficulty. A Lot. At T1 you may see 1 Legendary per Rift. A G75 (~T15 difficulty if that would've existed) drops about 10 Legendaries in an 8 minute run.
    Below T1 you can't get set items.
    As you are playing nonseason, you actually have to go through the motions of gearing up.

I'd suggest the following things early:
    In Normal Mode, run through the Ruins of Sescheron in Adventure. At the end there is The Cube, which is a very large modifier later on, as it essentially allows for 3 bonuses to apply to your character.
    Do groups for rifts on the highest difficulty it allows, and you see players. Get carried for a bit, it's fine. It's an exponential game so one person not doing much shouldn't hurt much. If you want to be useful, get a support build, that debuffs/buffs/spawns health globes.
    Get a L70 weapon with a socket, get as many offensive stats as you can. Loot will come.
    Once you have a few legendaries, join a bounty run. I think T1 is more popular, although T2 will have a much better odds at reward legendaries. But you're mostly in it for the craft mats. You need them to put items in the cube.
    Once you are able to survive T4 rifts, or start doing Greater Rifts.

Alternatively, on PC, play in the America's (it's fine latency wise) seasonal and one of us will bring you to 70 in about half an hour, and get you some loot explosions in 30 more minutes. Should be able to get you 100-200 paragon levels, (small bonuses that add up), and enough gear to do the first 2 parts of the season rewards very quickly. You basically skip the first 10-15 hours of play that way.

I probably should have mentioned that I'm Paragon 240, have Kanaï's Cube and were swapping between T3 and T4 depending on if I wanted speed or loot.
    So I started doing Greater Rifts and slowly started seeing improvements to the drops.
    Then suddenly I got 3 green drops.
    2 (different) pants and 1 ring (from the "If this is the only Set...").
    So I'm punishing Blizzard by taking a break and playing Overwatch while I cool down.

Another noob question:
    What are you mostly doing in Kanaï's Cube, other than extracting/selecting powers?
    (I.e. I don't understand what it does, or if it's usefull. Except for extracting Powers, and using said powers.)

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    There's a whole bunch of stuff it can do like convert gems of one type to another or use up a legendary gem to add a main stat to a piece of gear(how much depends on how many levels the gem has). One very useful thing it does is upgrade rare items so you can fish for legendaries that way.

• Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    There's a whole bunch of stuff it can do like convert gems of one type to another or use up a legendary gem to add a main stat to a piece of gear(how much depends on how many levels the gem has). One very useful thing it does is upgrade rare items so you can fish for legendaries that way.

The main things to note for a new player:
    -Extract a legendary power: These are build making abilities. Even without the primary items that people use in meta, just extracting some stuff can help you get a nice little bump in power.
    -Spot fish for specific legendaries with the Upgrade Rare recipe. This recipe is where like 90% of your death's breaths will find their way, sooner or later. Best candidates for this are weapons and jewelry. This has been the primary way I've found Ancient primary weapons for a while now.
    -Convert Set Item recipe - save all items you get from the set you want. You can use this recipe to change any piece to a random different piece. It's really great for when your 2nd and 3rd drop from a given set match the first. It's not so great for finding the 6th piece you need, however, you'll get it eventually. Just pray to RNGesus first.
    -Reroll specific item: this is the recipe that makes everyone do split bounties. Using 5x of each bounty mat, let's you re-roll any given item to essentially a brand new drop. Once you have all your "correct" items, keeping a spare of each around will let you re-roll them until you get an ancient version of the item.

And that's the cube!

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    @Commodore75 The process of gearing up from nothing can be a bit frustrating, but try not to get discouraged.

Think of every drop as useful. You may not have found an immediate upgrade, but you started building your collection with those 3 items. You may finish one of those sets sooner than the one you're trying for, and switching that on can speed up your progress.

And sometimes (increasingly often) you'll find bad or unwanted items, but each piece of junk you salvage is one more roll at the enchanter, or 1 soul closer to converting a set item in the cube.

One plus side for now... you can probably use almost any skill you want and be successful. Want to mix generators, pets, and corpse skills all at once? Go for it! The full sets add a whole lot of power, but tend to take away that freedom for a more focused approach.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Be aware that you don't necessarily need all 6 pieces for a set. There's a legendary ring with the ability to lower the number of pieces that you need for a set bonus by 1, letting you replace a single item with a legendary with a useful effect. A ton of builds depend on this in order to function. That ability can also be cubed, letting you use the ring slot as part of a second set bonus.

Another bit of useful advice that I only just figured out on my own and wish I had known months ago is that you can hold down control while viewing the tooltip for a skill to see a more detailed description of what the skill actually does and how strong it is. There's an option in the settings to turn that on by default as well.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that Unity has been removed from the season play. The build I was going for needs it, well, 2 I guess and so far I haven't popped one after flushing a pile of shards through Kadala and upgrading rings in the cube.

This is not an attempt to change my luck by stating something is impossible in order to spawn it during my next play session.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    I've definitely found one this season so far.

Just not a second one.

• Options
    epkdnbepkdnb SeattleRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Unity has been removed from the season play. The build I was going for needs it, well, 2 I guess and so far I haven't popped one after flushing a pile of shards through Kadala and upgrading rings in the cube.

This is not an attempt to change my luck by stating something is impossible in order to spawn it during my next play session.

I've found two, just no immortal follower item. I found my second ring... two nights ago I think?

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Immortal follower is ezpz to get. Just forge a few rare follower tokens and upgrade them.

butts
  • Options
    epkdnb wrote: »

I've found two, just no immortal follower item. I found my second ring... two nights ago I think?

Can you use the cube to upgrade rare follower items?

• Options
    epkdnbepkdnb SeattleRegistered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Immortal follower is ezpz to get. Just forge a few rare follower tokens and upgrade them.

Yeah, I've tried a few with no luck, but the vast majority of my DBs went to getting my Golden Flense, and I still need Furnace. I had a tab in my stash that was completely filled with rare flails and follower tokens. I cleared out the flails after I got my flense, and upgraded all the tokens I had. I just don't find too many of them, but I haven't checked if there are any craftable/buyable ones.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    epkdnb wrote: »

Can you use the cube to upgrade rare follower items?

Yes.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I know the game changes a lot in two years, but the power creep and the things it allows you to do is quite impressive. Before starting up again I didn't do much seasonal stuff and had a paragon level just above 600 which included three "geared up" alts and another three or four that weren't quite there, maximum grift level was just above 40 since I didn't really stick to one character long enough to get better.

This season, after getting a PL to 70, and through some pretty good luck I was able to take my seasonal necro up to the same paragon level as my regular characters as well as get the extra stash tab which has a bunch of stuff that would have been unimaginable when I quit last time. Now, I have had the week off so if I was on my regular schedule it would probably have taken two or three weeks. The XP from level 60+ grifts really racks up fast, at one point I was getting 6 or 7 paragon levels per grift finished.

I think I'm going to have to slow down or else get tired of the game pretty quick, but it still does scratch that action rpg itch better than most.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Expect to get sick of this game quickly.

I want to like the necromancer, but you can tell Blizz has their heads up their asses on the design in some major areas. Rather than getting constantly titled at the shitty design choices, that Blizz has decided are fun, I've decided I needed to do what I first did with the game in Diablo 3 1.0. Just uninstall it and find other things to do with my time. Maybe the devs will learn how to do things right in D4, but looking at some of the other properties, I'm not confident. I think part of the problem with them, is that they have not adapted to the new model of gaming well. I think it's nice that people can make a living off of streaming video games, but I don't think the dev teams have figured out how to properly wait feedback from professional gamers. I feel like often the whims of those that professionally play get put above people that play the game for fun and I feel like this model increasingly leads to their games becoming less and less fun.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I play the seasons but I really just use the game to mindlessly kill groups of mobs quickly and in laughable ways because of various negative life things
    Still I have to find a way to break the Wizard Wizard Wizard cycle I am in

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Expect to get sick of this game quickly.

I want to like the necromancer, but you can tell Blizz has their heads up their asses on the design in some major areas. Rather than getting constantly titled at the shitty design choices, that Blizz has decided are fun, I've decided I needed to do what I first did with the game in Diablo 3 1.0. Just uninstall it and find other things to do with my time. Maybe the devs will learn how to do things right in D4, but looking at some of the other properties, I'm not confident. I think part of the problem with them, is that they have not adapted to the new model of gaming well. I think it's nice that people can make a living off of streaming video games, but I don't think the dev teams have figured out how to properly wait feedback from professional gamers. I feel like often the whims of those that professionally play get put above people that play the game for fun and I feel like this model increasingly leads to their games becoming less and less fun.

What are the issues and what are the solutions?

What would make it fun?

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Any advice on the Rathma set dungeon? Specifically the 500 sec cool down on army of the dead?

I'm not even sure how it's possible in a five minute time limit, but clearly I'm missing something. :?

• Options
    As soon as it starts, army the ground, then let your skeles run up to the first big mob.

Do not command them, do not summon mages. If you do neither, your damage will suck and you can just sit until army is ready, cast it at nothing, and repeat.

Once that's done, there's more than enough time to sweep the dungeon at full dps.

It's dumb, but easy.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Any advice on the Rathma set dungeon? Specifically the 500 sec cool down on army of the dead?

I'm not even sure how it's possible in a five minute time limit, but clearly I'm missing something. :?

In-geom help with it?

I just watched this and it looks pretty straight forward. I think my Rath setup i'm wearing now could do it. I'd just change out simulacrum for Army.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »

In-geom + Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Cast it every time it's up. Honestly, I wasn't even using it to kill mobs.

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    I just wasn't able to figure out why the cool down timer never started again after the first cast. I'll try what you guys have recommended. Thanks!

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I play the seasons but I really just use the game to mindlessly kill groups of mobs quickly and in laughable ways because of various negative life things
    Still I have to find a way to break the Wizard Wizard Wizard cycle I am in

Yeah, it's a useful stress reliever. I use it to keep myself busy while listening to audio books (dense, boring non-fiction audio books for my degree) because Bonestorm necro requires almost no thought and D3 can be easily paused and put down if I need to take detailed notes.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068

And you get a buff, and you get a buff, and you get a buff. EVERYONE GETS A BUFF!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    wow multishot looks like its getting a huge buff

the necro changes look good too

they sometimes roll things back or dial them down before the final implementation though

edit:

holy shit I didn't even read the full changes

they are buffing so much stuff

this is a massive inflation of power

it will be interesting to see what sticks

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hmm... thoughts as I read notes and tab back and forth.

Soul Harvest buff is nice, but not OP, just means you can refresh a 10 stack off a single creature or Rift guardian... assuming I'm reading it correctly. Which is great for WD boss fights.

Hmm, seems they're taking the +75-100% damage rolls off items (DML multishot, barbarian hammers etc) and just buffing the damage it does... wonder if it's a gain overall. I find it interesting because they didn't say anything about Nataylas xbow rain of vengence, vellas bequest xbow strafe, or the other strafe xbow.

HOLY SHIT that garg damage increase for WDs. Mask of Jeram AND short mans finger. That's freaking insane.

Jade harvester love.. .but I still don't like the set too much, but it may be worth revisiting.

I really want to get a barbarian going again now after reading some of those things. Perhaps barb next season.

Klatu on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh man maybe the delsere's/orbit build will be good again

and yeah it sounds like soul harvest will just work the same way bone armor does, which is a nice QoL change

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    look at the firebird buff

FB archon will be the wiz build again.

I mean, if they keep the buff at that level. I'm assuming a lot of these will be dialed back

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    They're adding a lot of damage to Uliana's set.

butts
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm happy at the damage buffs cause why not. Am I right in thinking that changing some things like items not always rolling the same skill damage bonus that some things might be harder to get well rolled versions of? To my memory manticore with multishot was quite good, for instance.
    Yeah, like why would I NOT want wand of Woh to do explosive blast damage?
    Edit again oh my lord the farm builds with woh wizards and marauder DH. Two of my fave things I've played.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    well I guess the necro sold well enough to fund a patch

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Holy shit Barbarian buffs I'm so happy.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yay they seem to be making all classes good and not just one or two.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I guess they're wanting Leapquake to be a thing again. I'm all for it, since it's pretty fun.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Witch Doctor Skills
    Soul Harvest
    Adding a stack or refreshing Soul Harvest now refreshes all stacks of Soul Harvest.

Holy fucking shit how long it took them to do this

Necro comes out and they can do this with Bone Armor and WDs were like what the hell Blizzard

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Also I wonder what that change to Limitless will do for Hammerdin. Isn't Limitless taken more for wrath management than pure damage?

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Oh damn, I was supposed to go to sleep but yoooo

This looks mostly great. The change to TragOuls life costs is nice, along with death nova's weapon, dayntees with any curse, and Steuarts for 10 seconds.

Not nerfing bloodlancer (yet?) is interesting, but buffing the hell out of the other classes kinda works?

Probably should've gone further with IK, Pestilence, and especially Vyr's.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068

And you get a buff, and you get a buff, and you get a buff. EVERYONE GETS A BUFF!
    D’jank Miem
    Players can exchange Blood Shards with this vendor for bags containing Legendary items
    I see what you did there.

• Options
    All the added power to multishot is amazing and all, but it doesn't address the problem that UEDH will still die in 1 hit in anything above 75 haha

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT that garg damage increase for WDs. Mask of Jeram AND short mans finger. That's freaking insane.
    rd0isn8p13fe.png

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.