The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX South 2018 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

2»

• srsartistkatsrsartistkat Registered User regular
    Are panel submissions closed for PAX South 2018, or have they not opened yet? Is there a way to get in contact with the programming department to discuss an idea?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I attended the PAX South GoT Pub Crawl last year, and had a blast! I was wondering if anyone knows how I might get in touch with whoever coordinates it, and see if they need any help with it this year? I figured that this was the best spot to post this question, as I didn't feel it necessitated it's own thread.
    The crawl almost always needs more staff volunteers! I am certain when the organizers make a post about it, you will be able to contact them at that time to discuss that

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    crashmurphy
    Are panel submissions closed for PAX South 2018, or have they not opened yet? Is there a way to get in contact with the programming department to discuss an idea?
    They have not yet opened. Once they open, you should be able to email pax_panels@paxsite.com to discuss your panel idea.

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • ZorelyaZorelya Registered User new member
    Is there a way to submit requests for guest artists/stars? There are two voice actors I have in mind: Kira Buckland and Kyle McCarley, the English VAs for 2B and 9S from NieR:Automata (among many other roles). They're up for going to conventions, but they haven't both been invited to attend the same con at the same time yet. It would be awesome to have them both be invited to PAX South, especially since Automata was such a successful game.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Your best bet would probably for them to submit a panel for the show when those go live.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I have an amazing idea for a panel!! Who should I contact?!?
    If you just have an idea email pax_panels@paxsite.com with your pitch! Once submissions open (this will be announced on the official pax twitter) if you actually want to run your own panel head over to south.panels.paxsite.com with your proposal. If accepted you and your participants will receive a complimentary Speaker Pass for PAX South 2018. Good luck!

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    Zorelya wrote: »
    Is there a way to submit requests for guest artists/stars? There are two voice actors I have in mind: Kira Buckland and Kyle McCarley, the English VAs for 2B and 9S from NieR:Automata (among many other roles). They're up for going to conventions, but they haven't both been invited to attend the same con at the same time yet. It would be awesome to have them both be invited to PAX South, especially since Automata was such a successful game.
    In addition to what whypick1 mentioned, PAX doesn't really invite people other than the musical artists to the show, the same way it might work for a pop culture or comic con. Those people would have to decide they want to go on their own.

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    If there is a musical artist i think it would be neat to see (possibly a long shot since they're based out of California i think) is there a suggestion box for that?

steam_sig.png
    Other than the post-pax survey sent out by pax after a given pax, I'm not aware of anything like that. Twitter, perhaps?

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • bluestankbluestank Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if alcohol/open containers are allowed on the premises of the convention site?

They are not.

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
2»