As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Working for the [Movie Thread] every night and day

19495969798100»

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    If Polanski, Allen or Gibson created a less than stellar version of any geeky subject, they'd be paraiahs.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    isn't ck also known for sending unsolicited dick pics or did I make that up

No actual accusations have been made, just a lot of rumours.

well that's because the people saying it are female comedians and they;ve said they're scared to name names because of the power level of the guy involved.

the main blog post that started the rumors was taken down immediately after people started figuring it might be Louis CK.

one guy called and straight up asked Louis CK's people about the rumors, received a call directly from Louis about 3 hours later who preceded to grill him on everything he knew about it then abruptly hung up on him

so it;s a weird situation but still all rumors

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    If Polanski, Allen or Gibson created a less than stellar version of any geeky subject, they'd be paraiahs.

i thought they were pariahs

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Well, they still have their defenders. George Lucas, on the other hand.....

I was trying to make a joke and failed.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Also Doug Stanhope publicly said it was him, not Louis.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So wait, Doug Stanhope sends his penis to people

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    The new movie by Allen is very pretty. It also looks incredibly fucking tiresome and cringy.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    It is frustrating sometimes that Hollywood claims to be so progressive and is a major force of influence on the left, but if you can make what some would consider a decent film, it's ok that you raped a child and then fled your fucking comeuppance. And it's not just older school people doing it but younger ones like Emma Stone who should definitely know better.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It is frustrating sometimes that Hollywood claims to be so progressive and is a major force of influence on the left, but if you can make what some would consider a decent film, it's ok that you raped a child and then fled your fucking comeuppance. And it's not just older school people doing it but younger ones like Emma Stone who should definitely know better.

Because if you spoke out against the person, you would be speaking out against all the people who supported that person, which would include very influential producers and executives.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Man, Power Rangers sure just opened on a cow masturbation joke, huh

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    *nods approvingly*

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I did not like that movie, but I will say that this scene is not indicative of the tone of the rest of the movie and in fact feels weirdly out of place in retrospect.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Because if you spoke out against the person, you would be speaking out against all the people who supported that person, which would include very influential producers and executives.

That's fair, but you don't have to work with them.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That scene feels like it is from a previous draft of the script from the rest of the movie.

Honestly the movie was fun but seems like it could have used a few more passes in the writing department before they started filming. Because honestly I got the impression that they kind of shot a bunch of different ideas and cut it down to what they put out and that doesn't make for the most coherent movie.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    That scene feels like it is from a previous draft of the script from the rest of the movie.

Honestly the movie was fun but seems like it could have used a few more passes in the writing department before they started filming. Because honestly I got the impression that they kind of shot a bunch of different ideas and cut it down to what they put out and that doesn't make for the most coherent movie.

Yeah that's a good read on it. There are parts of that movie that are a really good "misfit teens becoming friends" story and parts of that movie that are a "failed former hero with a chip on his shoulder redeems himself by passing the torch to a new generation" but they don't quite marry the two in a way that feels cohesive. And they almost entirely forgot to put Power Rangers in it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I for one think that rigid bull cock was an underlying, if unstated, theme of the original show. If the movie adaptation wants to really drive that theme home with a young boy stroking that rigid bull cock to completion I think it's a valid choice

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I for one think that rigid bull cock was an underlying, if unstated, theme of the original show. If the movie adaptation wants to really drive that theme home with a young boy stroking that rigid bull cock to completion I think it's a valid choice

You might be thinking of Mighty Morphin' Power Ranchers

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Power Rangers is like, three or four different versions of the same movie happening all at once.

• Options

Also Doug Stanhope publicly said it was him, not Louis.

i have some serious doubts that the person this lady was referring to is doug stanhope. he does not seem to have enough influence in the business to blacklist anyone he wants and that's precisely what these two ladies referred to

i mean it's not like there can't be more than one shithead in the industry that does this either

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Man I'm listening to Bryan Cranston on the Nerdist podcast and that is a man I would love to sit down with and have some beers and just listen to all his stories. He has a memoir out right now and I think I'm going to pick it up.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Power Rangers was a good setup for a series of movies. Definitely had flaws but I had fun overall.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm enjoying this, but I don't think laughter is the intended response to the sadboy cover of Stand By Me

Edit: okay maybe I cried a little bit at
    Billy coming back to life

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Alternatively, always laugh at sadboy covers

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
This discussion has been closed.