As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] : The Colour Wheel - Day 9 - The Final Showdown - Cult Victory!

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Ah, I've been there before, Gizzy.
    Stress fucking sucks.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I have not been contacted about anyone wanting to reserve.
    So people gon get inactivitused

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to withdraw without a replacement - so that won't be an issue :p

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    The seer result of black veins running down her arms makes me think she will be the cult's new killer. Sorry corvidae

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm of similar feelings. It's an ominous result. Corvidae
    GG seems pretty trustworthy this game?
    (this is not a knock to Grunt's Ghosts but a recognition they are skillfully crafty)

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Effective immediately, @Zombie Hero will be taking the place of @Gizzy
    Please include Zombie Hero in all communications which contain Gizzy.

Gizzy should also tell everything to ZH if she hasn't already.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I believe the host meant to say that everyone should tell me everything.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I believe the host meant to say that everyone should tell me everything.

Lord knows that was what your wife was saying before you took over. :D

Also, H3k, no reactions when you're dead, even to seemingly-innocuous stuff.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Okay, well, all things considered I don't see any scenario where we don't vote out corvidae at this point.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    For once I join a large bandwagon. I don't think there's a better option than to !vote for corvidae today.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    corv

• Options
    2 hours remain

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Good morning!

corvidae is fine by me.

My only real concern is that I'm fairly certain she's probably going to be eaten by inactivus anyways and that this is a wasted vote.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Vote closed

Interim results:

Corvidae:A shadow of her former self crumpled under the curse

• Options
    Corv's death rattle
    @Grunt's Ghosts needed to vote but had red throughout his post anyway.

• Options
    Day 8 - The Trouble with Feelings

The crowd had surrounded the prostrate form of Corvidae.
    Noting her paling complexion and blackened skin, they were debating whether it was safer to kill her or simply leave her bound until the guards arrived.
    They go silent as Discrider steps up to her.

"Come on... it's not as bad as all that. You're still you, right?
    The others might look down at you and despise you now that you don't look the same as them, but you've now got the rest of the Colourless at your back.
    Surely that's good for something?"

Corvidae simply buries her face further in her arms.

Discrider sighs.
    "You all do realise we're the same people.
    We don't simply live underneath your city's shadow by choice.
    Or at least, there'd be less of a reason to...

So Colour isn't hereditary.
    I mean it is and it isn't.
    You get a happy family of Saturated and they'll probably have children that are also Saturated.
    Same goes for Colourless.

But every so often a Saturated family gets a Colourless child, or vice versa.
    The Saturated family then takes their child to the local doctor, and berates him for a cure.
    There is no cure as far as I'm aware.
    Meanwhile the city guard sweeps the Colourless encampments and picks up any 'stolen children'.
    They are stripped from their families and taken to the city.

Then the city simply switches the children.
    Baby for baby.
    The Saturated get a 'fixed' baby boy or girl, who looks a bit different 'but that's an unfortunate side effect of the medicine'.
    The Colourless, well, they don't get anything.
    The city guard dump the Colourless babies at the city gates and we have an organisation to try and get families to take the orphans."

Discrider sits down next to Corvidae.
    "I think I was such an orphan.
    I mean we were mixed in with the other Colourless orphans.. it makes it hard to tell.
    I came back into the city to see whether I could find my parents, but I don't know where they are or even if they would look like me."

Corvidae has sat back up during the monologue.
    She appears to be listening, but it's hard to tell anything under the mask.

"So it's all come down to this.
    This one plan to expose the city for what it is, and hopefully put a stop to it.
    Are you willing to help me?"

Corvidae passes a small object across to Discrider, and shakes her head.
    "I could never act against the other citizens.".

"So be it."

Mask fallen away, Corvidae's lifeless body now adorns this part of the room.
    "If she's unwilling to follow the plan, then we cannot sacrifice the plan for one member of our group."

"An unfortunate sacrifice, but shouldn't you all be preparing to join her?"

Night 7 Results:
    Corvidae:A shadow of her former self crumpled under the curse

• Options
    I'm gonna try to summarize the game state from my perspective.
    • Seven players remain: Auralynx, Grunt's Ghosts, MrBlarney, premium, Romantic Undead, Virgil_Leads_You, and Zombie Hero (replaced Gizzy).
    • On elimination, players have shown up with a color that is different from what was given to them in the OP. In terms of remaining, non-eliminated colors, there are two red (#FF0000), two magenta (#FF00FF), and the colors assigned to JusticeForPluto (#800080), Preda (#1E90FF), premium (#bacd00), and Sir Fabulous (#228B22).
    • You might notice that there are eight colors in that list, but seven players left. That's because chamberlain died with Baidol's original signup color, but in-game, Baidol's colors have been consistently hidden. So we don't know which color Baidol took out of the pool when he was eliminated.
    • Elimination results and some abilities have the ability to detect Paling. Colors under the Pale condition are halfway between the original color and white (#FFFFFF) on the RGB scale. It is unclear if there are abilities that distinguish between Colorless and Saturated folk.
    • Colorless have been identified in the results as fully Saturated in color, but include a bolded descriptor alongside their name and elimination method that does not carry any color tags. These players are AustinP0027, Sir Fabulous, Preda, and corvidae.
    • JPants, upon elimination, showed qualities similar to the identified Colorless, but instead of simply a bolded descriptor, also had color tags in black (#000000). This suggests some kind of privileged Colorless position.

Considering the last two bullet points, one possibility is that the game started with a pair of cultists, one killer and one converter. JPants would have been the killer, while the converter is still on the loose. Conversion may consist of the target first showing up as Pale, before becoming fully Colorless the next day. Considering the number of Colorless that have been found, this looks like a daily ability. That might mean that among the remaining players there is one converter, one Colorless, and one Pale on the path to full conversion. Continuing to eliminate converted Colorless will not help; we need to get to the source in order to pull off a Saturated win.

There's also the comedy option: Pull out the day of peace card (nobody votes or acts), follow the lore that discrider has crafted up, and join hands together to some kind of united future.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Does the day end at 6am or is it going to be a long weekend?

• Options
    I was thinking of not having a long day.
    If people want the day extended, then I can do that instead.

• Options
    It's a very quiet thread. I guess folk are worried about being the first to talk?

I got some inspiration from playing Rimworld this Saturday though~
    Premium the Enforcer flipped out and burned the colony to the ground!

@premium what do you have to say for yourself?!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to bed.

premium is the only player left who's a complete mystery to me, and he's been barely active, and there appears to be a correlation between inactivity and cultism (see Preda and corvidae on their last days).

Of course no one's been active today so I suppose that could be true of all of you.

Good luck everyone!

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'm gonna try to summarize the game state from my perspective.
    • Seven players remain: Auralynx, Grunt's Ghosts, MrBlarney, premium, Romantic Undead, Virgil_Leads_You, and Zombie Hero (replaced Gizzy).
    • On elimination, players have shown up with a color that is different from what was given to them in the OP. In terms of remaining, non-eliminated colors, there are two red (#FF0000), two magenta (#FF00FF), and the colors assigned to JusticeForPluto (#800080), Preda (#1E90FF), premium (#bacd00), and Sir Fabulous (#228B22).
    • You might notice that there are eight colors in that list, but seven players left. That's because chamberlain died with Baidol's original signup color, but in-game, Baidol's colors have been consistently hidden. So we don't know which color Baidol took out of the pool when he was eliminated.
    • Elimination results and some abilities have the ability to detect Paling. Colors under the Pale condition are halfway between the original color and white (#FFFFFF) on the RGB scale. It is unclear if there are abilities that distinguish between Colorless and Saturated folk.
    • Colorless have been identified in the results as fully Saturated in color, but include a bolded descriptor alongside their name and elimination method that does not carry any color tags. These players are AustinP0027, Sir Fabulous, Preda, and corvidae.
    • JPants, upon elimination, showed qualities similar to the identified Colorless, but instead of simply a bolded descriptor, also had color tags in black (#000000). This suggests some kind of privileged Colorless position.

Considering the last two bullet points, one possibility is that the game started with a pair of cultists, one killer and one converter. JPants would have been the killer, while the converter is still on the loose. Conversion may consist of the target first showing up as Pale, before becoming fully Colorless the next day. Considering the number of Colorless that have been found, this looks like a daily ability. That might mean that among the remaining players there is one converter, one Colorless, and one Pale on the path to full conversion. Continuing to eliminate converted Colorless will not help; we need to get to the source in order to pull off a Saturated win.

There's also the comedy option: Pull out the day of peace card (nobody votes or acts), follow the lore that discrider has crafted up, and join hands together to some kind of united future.

I don't see why converting has to be tied to a player. What would the cult do if those two roles died?

Steam
  • Options
    I guess I'm going with virgil.

If I was in a minority and could convert vote manip, I would.

Steam
  • Options
    I kept my ability secret pretty easily up till I saved myself as basically no one contacted me all game?
    As for conversion, I would probably go for the player who was seered early in the game and play it safe over a fellow almost killed off.

I'll admit I don't have a lot to go on there though, but I've basically written off Aura.
    One of the few folk to pm me with questions, and I doubt they'd bother if they were going to convert me.

Premiums my next best bet.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    (...)

(...)

I don't see why converting has to be tied to a player. What would the cult do if those two roles died?

If both of those roles died, I imagine that the cult would be in a really bad spot and probably lose the game eventually. Really, there isn't anything that necessarily means that my scenario is true. It's possible that the Paling is a group ability; it's possible that there were more than two cultists at the start of the game, or maybe there was only one. I'm more than open to hearing about other theories regarding the game mechanics if it will help narrow down the search for the remaining cultists or stop the conversions from happening.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    My guess is that the paling is a group ability, and folks powers were designed such that they would be useful for either side - with varying degrees of effectiveness

Steam
  • Options
    I'm not really sure how well your hypothesis holds up. For the first half of your statement, consider that we are on Day 8 and we have seen four Colorless (does not include JPants). kime also showed up as Pale by Grunt's Ghosts' claims, before being voted out Saturated. The numbers suggest a conversion rate that might be daily, certainly more than every-other-day. If the paling was a group ability, then after the group got to more than two members, it would be very difficult to eliminate everyone in the cult unless there were abilities in place to eliminate multiple members each day. As it stands, we're down to one elimination per day, so if the group got one conversion per day, it would have to be some lucky blocking in order to reduce the number of cultists.

As for the second half, seering and healing abilities don't really have that much value for the cult since they already know everyone's alignment and don't want people to be healed. And of course, your claimed ability would be of no use for the Colorless, considering that you wouldn't be able to be turned at all.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I don't know if it's a road worth going down, tbh.

Who do you think is a cultist?

Steam
  • Options
    Sorry about my activity, the last couple weeks have been full of unexpected RL stuff that have kept me extra busy. Also i kinda assumed today was long, i should have checked that earlier.

• Options
    I'm somewhat wary of premium like everyone else. Despite having a non-Pale color assigned to him earlier in the thread, I don't really have a good bead on his activities and abilities. The inactivity is a point against premium being the prime converter, should conversion be tied to an individual cultist.

Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, my suspicions are also on Romantic Undead. Certainly, he's been proactive in discussing things with individual players, but this could be a 'hidden in plain sight' ploy. I've also not had much luck with my ability in recent days, which is also heightening my paranoia about trustworthiness of information.

So I'm not really sure which direction to point my vote, or if there's a third candidate I should be looking at.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Due to a general lack of activity today, I'm going to extend today.

See you all tomorrow

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Premium

• Options
    Virgil: Similar reasoning to ZHs vote on them. My gut says "hmmm... Maybe"
    GG: Has a lot of one word vote posts and hasn't been overly talkative in thread... But he's been seemingly faithfully presenting seer results to the thread the whole game and he would be harder to convert. If he was an/the original cultist he could have been hiding in plain site the entire game, its not too far fetched to assume the cult has some kind of knowledge of player colors.
    RU: Has a great vote record. Has been sorta sketchy otherwise though like when he made this post:
    Allright, so we need a plan. I've spoken to a lot of you in PMs, and some of you have basically asked me to act as opinion leader in the thread despite my reservations in doing so yesterday. Thankfully, the vote finally got us a cultist, but there is obviously still fuckery about.

Aside from my voting record, there is no reason for any of you to trust me, but I've already gotten some intel which may explain why Virgil didn't die last night, but I also have some worrying concerns.
    which felt like he was trying to assume control of the village. Accused me of being a mystery to him, but has never offered any real information about himself to me either. I could also see him having been a cultist hiding in plain sight.
    Also, i think, the only player whose ability is a complete unknown to me.
    GizZH: Came off pretty genuinely village to me all game. I would have some trouble believing they are cult, unless they are a very recent convert.
    Auralynx: Again, has come off pretty village to me in public and private. Was fairly active until today, when he seemingly dropped off the face of the earth, which has me somewhat concerned.
    MrBlarney: I'm on the fence about him. I don't find him overly suspicious, but a veteran player might have been a juicy target for conversion.

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    Auralynx: Again, has come off pretty village to me in public and private. Was fairly active until today, when he seemingly dropped off the face of the earth, which has me somewhat concerned..

I'm still here; did a lot of talking with Blarney off and on which led to the two-starting-cultists theory.

I am pretty sure that GG, Blarney, and Virgil cannot have been starting cultists, and given seer results, premium seems unlikely too.

That leaves GizZH and RomanticUndead. I kind of doubt discrider built seering protection into a phalla where it's taken a two-person team to do it, so I think we are best off voting RU out tonight, because although both he and premium have a remarkable lack of accomplishments to report this game, we've at least seen that premium wasn't initially colorless.

• Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts @premium @Virgil_Leads_You

I'm pretty sure you guys are on the wrong vote and still in a position to move it.

• Options
    RomanticUndead

• Options
    I'll !vote for Romantic Undead as well. This should bring things to a tie between premium and Romantic Undead for the time being.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    RomanticUndead I guess.

Steam
  • Options
    One and a half hours remain

• Options
    Well, I won't say I'm not salty. Inactivity is a bitch, but such is Phalla I guess.

Also, @Auralynx: "lack of accomplishments?" Dude, you wound me! I've been working my ass off this game!

One of you could have won with us tonight... oh well...