As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] : The Colour Wheel - Day 9 - The Final Showdown - Cult Victory!

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm just more familiar with CMYK and RGB than HTML color hexes
    Or hey, everyone pull out your pantone color charts, lets do spot color phalla mechanics.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Fifty Shades of Phalla?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Html color hexes are just rgb in base 16

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I now have the song stuck in my head - I said heyayeayaye hey aye aye I said hey, what's going on.

Thanks aura

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Everyone is Reflex blue, but the mafia are any myriad CYMK attempts.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    So GG was the one who tied the vote yesterday - why'd you do that? At like 3am in the morning too. Well maybe 5am your time.

Gizzy on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Did I? I didn't know the vote count and forgot to vote before I when to be. It closes at 6am for me, and I was getting ready for work.

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    Html color hexes are just rgb in base 16

Yeah it's easy.
    In mathematics and computing, hexadecimal (also base 16, or hex) is a positional numeral system with a radix, or base, of 16. It uses sixteen distinct symbols, most often the symbols 0–9 to represent values zero to nine, and A, B, C, D, E, F (or alternatively a, b, c, d, e, f) to represent values ten to fifteen.

Hexadecimal numerals are widely used by computer system designers and programmers. As each hexadecimal digit represents four binary digits (bits), it allows a more human-friendly representation of binary-coded values. One hexadecimal digit represents a nibble (4 bits), which is half of an octet or byte (8 bits). For example, a single byte can have values ranging from 00000000 to 11111111 in binary form, but this may be more conveniently represented as 00 to FF in hexadecimal.

In a non-programming context, a subscript is typically used to give the radix, for example the decimal value 10,995 would be expressed in hexadecimal as 2AF316. Several notations are used to support hexadecimal representation of constants in programming languages, usually involving a prefix or suffix. The prefix "0x" is used in C and related languages, where this value might be denoted as 0x2AF3.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    discrider wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0

Note to self; if I ever host a game, don't use complicated name color based mechanics :P

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Things to not run
    Faction game where everyone had a busdriver
    Game where everyone thought they were the seer
    Complicated colour conversion game
    That game with the trains
    Massive Phallice

Game with complicated colours, but all abilities read the hex codes as a memory pointer reference.

discrider on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Huh I didn't expect to survive...

Edit: So, you don't get notified when you become Pale. But you do when you are cured of it.

I can't tell if this is info on a new mechanic or a clever cover by a recent convert....

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Virgil seems to be less than ideally helpful.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Virgil seems to be less than ideally helpful.

Well that makes this easy
    Mr. Helpful
    Auralunx

PS. I'm generally best at not going with dumb votes and reading out mafia excuses
    If ya want color discusion, I'be got little to say.
    Goodnight

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i don't understand any of the color mechanics. at all. not one bit.

kime

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Hmm, AustinP0027's death colors are similar to Gizzy's OP colors, but the first one is slightly tilted in the gray direction. I wonder if this is a different Paling effect than that observed in kime. I also seem to have counted five votes on each of kime (chamberlain, Gizzy, Preda, Sir Fabulous, Virgil_Leads_You) and MrTLicious (Brody, corvidae, Grunt's Ghosts, MrBlarney, Romantic Undead) so something is probably missing. I didn't see a vote from premium, but I don't know if that's it. My recordkeeping's been pretty slapdash in this game.

In regards to voting for MrTLicious and targeting magenta players, that's just be continuing to test the mechanics of the game. Mostly, I was interested to see if any magenta players kept their #FF00FF color. It's also possible that MagicPrime's carrying of two colors means that a Colorless player was originally magenta. It's quite possible that the colors are just a randomly-generated cycle, but I want to believe there to be some importance in everything we're able to see.

With the host clarification/fix does this change anything? Specifically does the pale-ing match that done to kime?
    The clarification means that AustinP0027 was not affected by any Paling at time of elimination. kime's the only one that has shown definitive signs of Paling so far. As for Grunt's Ghosts information, I am currently Saturated with premium's original color.

The original colors that have not yet shown up so far among living players belong to chamberlain, Grunt's Ghosts, Sir Fabulous, Virgil_Leads_You, and some number of the "magenta" players. Among the eliminated, AustinP0027, Cythraul, H3Knuckles, and JusticeForPluto have not yet had their colors show up. It should also be noted that AustinP0027, chamberlain, and H3Knuckles all share "red" as their original color.

What does this all mean?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Can someone with hex knowledge comment on what half of FF would be?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    At least of o die, you have some confirmation on being healed of Paling!

Otherwise, corv revenge vote

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ADDFFF 7CFC00 So after doing some digging, looks like Austin died with gizzy's colors

ffc680 FF00FF and Kime was, for a short period of time, a color I have yet to find in signups, but I could have missed. Maybe that could be halved of his signup color, but math.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Can someone with hex knowledge comment on what half of FF would be?
    Half of FF (255 in decimal) is 80 (128 in decimal).

And I think I already went over this yesterday, kime was claimed to be color seered with a Pale version of Auralynx's original color, Pale being a 50:50 interpolation of white (#FFFFFF) and the original color (#FFC680).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Not a lot of votes so far, eh? I'll !vote for chamberlain. Red is (I assume) the color of the vig, and though it's unclear where they might be, I don't want to take any chances. Under the assumption that everyone got their color switched, including those that have shared colors with other players, this seems like the best play to me.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Chamberlain vote seems to be based on... Nothing?
    kime survived a vote that should have killed him, vote goes there. For now

• Options
    kime

Almost went to bed with out voting! Kime being saved by vote manip, plus the chamberlain counter wagon = suspicious enough in my eyes. Plus it will give us confirmation on GG and whether kime is telling the truth about healing the Paleing.

• Options
    ^ I agree

kime

• Options
    Vote closes in 2 hours.
    Narration will be slightly delayed tonight.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    To not jump on the easy kime wagon, I'll point that corvidae changed from beeing hugely involved in the thread to the minimum vote+ post 2 days ago. Might be nothing but it's there.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    corv doesn't understand any of this bs about hexadecimal color codes.

that's why corv's not posting more.

(and not to take it personal, but i've been drinking, calling someone out on activity while only making 5 posts in the entire game is pretty lame.......)

corvidae on
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    That make sense. Than Vagarant winds, for general low activity.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't think someone would let MrBlarney survive this long without converting him.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Vagarant winds

Got to get a vote in somewhere.

• Options
    Vote is closed; starting to collate results...

• Options
    Day 4 results

kime: Not a cultist after all.
    Vagrant_Winds !withdrew brokenhearted
    Brody had an unfortunate accident
    JPants:Blackheart found slain having been overpowered

PMs going out.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    All PMs should be out.
    No narration tonight. (will fill in tomorrow)
    Just pretend I killed that guard captain, and then had it answered in turn.

discrider on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Allright, everyone on the kime wagon are suspected cultists!

I was in a soft network with kime and believed him. His death confirms things he said to me. Furthermore, when Grunt seered him, he posted kime's name in a pale orange color, and now kime has died bright orange, which seems to support kime's own claim that he was "cured" of being paled. This also confirms that Grunt's seer info is legit, at least at the time he posts it.

All others who jumped on the kime wagon:

chamberlain - still my top suspect. Immediately tried to discredit kime's in-thread reasoning and essentially started the bandwagon on him. He also sent a call out demanding that those outed by Grunt reveal their roles to the thread, which caused me to become suspicions and I voted for him. A the end of the day I believe he had three votes against him. The kime bandwagon probably saved him.

premium - previously outed by Grunt's seering, just as kime was, yet turned on kime and helped start the bandwagon against him. Cited the small bandwagon on chamberlain being based on "nothing", despite me explaining my reasoning for my vote the page before. I suspect him of being formerly colored then perhaps being converted after he was outed by Grunt to the thread. If he was a villager, he had no reason to turn on kime or ignore (or disbelieve) my vote for chamberlain. If I was a cultist with conversion powers, premium would have been my first choice for conversion. The only reason he's not my top suspect is because of Grunt's seer info that was revealed to the thread, which showed him as Blue.

JPants Blackheart- dead. I believe this is our first cultist confirmed dead, he was on the kime wagon, so yeah.

Gizzy - didn't have much to say yesterday, except for voting for kime while agreeing with JPants, our confirmed cultist. So yeah, that don't look too good.

corvidae - voted for kime, acting like he doesn't understand what's going on. Typical cover for a cultist who is posting so as to not be inactive, but without being helpful to the village. My original vote target yesterday before I switched to chamberlain.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options

Because I want the vote record to be interpreted correctly and it's been a day, this:

AustinP0027; Lily skinned

Is what a dead Colourless would look like.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I voted for Kime because he survived apparent vote shenanigans. So did a lot of people. We all fell for a cultist trick.

And I do not think my call for transparency was a bad idea. As a matter of fact, keeping everyone in the dark seems like a cultist think to do, so Romantic Undead

We have no way of confirming that you actually talked to Kime.

• Options
    I voted for Kime because he survived apparent vote shenanigans. So did a lot of people. We all fell for a cultist trick.

And I do not think my call for transparency was a bad idea. As a matter of fact, keeping everyone in the dark seems like a cultist think to do, so Romantic Undead

You don't have to believe me, you only have to believe Kime.

Grunt's Ghost outed Kime to the thread as being pale orange.
    Kime himself comes out to say that he was "cured" of being pale.
    Kime dies as bright orange.

This confirms Grunt's seering and confirms what Kime has publicly said. Anyone who is trying to spread doubt about that is suspect in my eyes. Furthermore, you yourself have now escaped a bandwagon, and a known cultist piled on to the Kime wagon which you helped instigate and which probably saved you. Soooo yeah.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

You don't have to believe me, you only have to believe Kime.

Grunt's Ghost outed Kime to the thread as being pale orange.
    Kime himself comes out to say that he was "cured" of being pale.
    Kime dies as bright orange.

This confirms Grunt's seering and confirms what Kime has publicly said. Anyone who is trying to spread doubt about that is suspect in my eyes. Furthermore, you yourself have now escaped a bandwagon, and a known cultist piled on to the Kime wagon which you helped instigate and which probably saved you. Soooo yeah.

So what I'm hearing is that we should vote out Chamberlain and see what happens?

• Options
    I didn't saw we couldn't verify what Grunt's seer contact told him, I said that we could not trust that you soft networked with Kime. There is no way to verify that since he is dead now.

And you expected us to ignore vote manipulation? Surviving a tie via vote manipulation is a good lead and it had to be followed up on.

• Options
    I didn't saw we couldn't verify what Grunt's seer contact told him, I said that we could not trust that you soft networked with Kime. There is no way to verify that since he is dead now.

And you expected us to ignore vote manipulation? Surviving a tie via vote manipulation is a good lead and it had to be followed up on.

If vote shenanigans happened, as you claim, to save Kime, who was outed to the thread as being a vanillager, and is now confirmed to have been a villager, how is that bad for the village?

• Options
    edited August 2017

If vote shenanigans happened, as you claim, to save Kime, who was outed to the thread as being a vanillager, and is now confirmed to have been a villager, how is that bad for the village?

It causes confusion and wastes a day voting out an innocent. Which it did and is about to do again.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    oooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOooOOOOOoooo

llllllllaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAmmmmmmMMMMMMmmmeeeeeeee

oooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooOOOoOO