As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ninja [Chat] Party

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
edited July 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
HEY GUYS READ THIS FIRST
Elki wrote: »
Unfortunately/fortunately chat is gonna be a congress-free zone today. Thanks for cooperating.

So as he said, let this be a place of happiness and contentment for obvious reasons. I choose to contribute with amusing songs that talk about naughty bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5abgDBQHPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmBALxDkRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uriJOsWy_zU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC3jD_l6q48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbra-rKXzk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvLz5kCVIss

RMS Oceanic on

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Good speed bro

sig.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i once had a dream that rms wasnt actually a boat and i thought i would die of a broken heart

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Well done, @RMS Oceanic . I had you backed up just in case, but I had faith in my fellow seagoing entity!

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Seriously why do people eat nerve poison

And then come back and eat it again

Is it like with giving birth that we forget

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    i once had a dream that rms wasnt actually a boat and i thought i would die of a broken heart

GcTz.jpg

• Options
    Just a snippet from the [chat] I had prepared though, because it's still relevant:

Rocket launch on the 28th, taking 3 people to the International Space Station. I've provided some coverage on it already, but I'll be around on launch day to really gear up for it + provide coverage and livestreams for it, if possible!

I hope you're all doing well, and having good good days. Be happy, try to smile and laugh and learn every day, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

It's our world to shape now. Let's do our best!

<3

(Also, maybe time for American Revolution 2: Narwhalian Boogaloo?)

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Austin has something called the "Burger Activity Center"

why yes

Every city has a bathroom

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Apparently, Thinkgeek is now selling NES Classics? I think only as part of a bundle.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I think what makes NSP work is Danny Sexbang isn't nearly as awesome as he claims to be. Dragon Slayer is a good example of this

• Options
    Sparvy wrote: »

Wait, what

• Options
    edited July 2017
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Wait, what

I don't know if that is a myth but I've heard women get some kind of hormone thing after child birth that makes the pain not seem so bad in hindsight.

Sparvy on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I really need to temp-ban myself from this place. I've spent all afternoon reading updates on the Obamacare stuff and thinking of what I want to say and where to say it to not run afoul of the mods, instead of actually getting work done.

Granted, that's probably because right now I desperately need to do documentation and shit...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Man the whole Chester thing and the social media response and so on kind of messed me up a little

I was so mad the entire day after the news broke. A thousand little cretins appearing on twitter like:

"I guess his wounds didn't heal after all 8-) 8-) 8-)"

I think the only thing that prevented a nonstop rage tirade was my inability to pick what I hated more: the laziness of the jokes, the inappropriateness of mocking a still-warm body, or the disgust with people continuing to mock his music as grimdark after he literally took his own life.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Are you making some RADICAL STATEMENT about alcohol?

• Options
    Oh and I'm talking about chili

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    haha

they hired another swe1 after I moved from eugene, so he's never met me

I was like, hey do you know that song endless love, or are you too young

and he's like how old are you

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Wat?

Chili makes me shit but uh no other effects.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Athenor wrote: »
    I really need to temp-ban myself from this place. I've spent all afternoon reading updates on the Obamacare stuff and thinking of what I want to say and where to say it to not run afoul of the mods, instead of actually getting work done.

Granted, that's probably because right now I desperately need to do documentation and shit...

I wish I had a better idea of procedurally what is going to happen, but a lot of folks who know the most are also too upset to talk about it right now

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Wait, what

I don't know if that is a myth but I've heard women get some kind of hormone thing after child birth that makes the pain not seem so bad in hindsight.

That wasn't the part I was confused about :P

This only raises further questions!

• Options

Wat?

Chili makes me shit but uh no other effects.

the peppers? are you thinking about the thing with the beans?

• Options
    Are you making some RADICAL STATEMENT about alcohol?

No no, I'm the one that does that! :P

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    haha

they hired another swe1 after I moved from eugene, so he's never met me

I was like, hey do you know that song endless love, or are you too young

and he's like how old are you

This agéd hedge

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    my new boss is doing his video training and he saw my screen shopping for D&D minis and it turns out hes a bigger nerd than I am

new plan: invite new boss to D&D and give him crazy DM favoritism for promotions

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I am a fucking wizard.

Our translation software splits documents into segments by sentence. Segments are useful because they can be saved in a translation database and you can refer back to similar strings in future translations for that client.

However, to turn the segmented file into a Word file, the software needs to be able to parse it, and sometimes there's something that mucks it up (e.g. leaving a comment on a hyperlink, for some reason).

My coworker was having a mysterious error involving a hex character, but the error pointed to a segment with no evident issues. Deleting the segment didn't fix the problem.

Through careful elimination and reiteration, I narrowed the error down to a particular, totally different segment, and then further reduced the possibility to the interstice of a word and a hyphen, because there was a MALEVOLENT INVISIBLE CHARACTER mucking it up, and that fixed it.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sparvy reminds me of Eric Cartman's rant against rainbows.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    those trains are horrifying

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    THE RATIO strikes again

DFmtJ9DUAAAE_zf.jpg
    DFmtduyWsAEJmwX.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

I wish I had a better idea of procedurally what is going to happen, but a lot of folks who know the most are also too upset to talk about it right now

Narwhal as emperor

Spread the idea

Make it a meme

Then

Make it a reality

Canceling trade deals with the Russians like you have no idea

Literally just immediately turning off every coal power plant

Deposing the Saudis and installing also-me as emperor over there

Healthcare for everyone

Literally just walking into North Korea and telling them to knock it off, because now I'm emperor here, too

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Man the whole Chester thing and the social media response and so on kind of messed me up a little

I was so mad the entire day after the news broke. A thousand little cretins appearing on twitter like:

"I guess his wounds didn't heal after all 8-) 8-) 8-)"

I think the only thing that prevented a nonstop rage tirade was my inability to pick what I hated more: the laziness of the jokes, the inappropriateness of mocking a still-warm body, or the disgust with people continuing to mock his music as grimdark after he literally took his own life.

that was the one for me. every joke I saw that took his lyrics in a punny way to make light of him killing himself just filled me with rage.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    And aside from maybe 2-3 songs I didn't even like their stuff all that much.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Think Geek has NES Classic bundles where you get the console and some trash you don't want for under scalping prices. Like $150-$220.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/nes-classic-bundles/

Most are sold out but the Zelda and Mega Man ones were not. They're pricey but not scalping pricey.

Edit: And they're thoroughly sold out.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Think Geek has NES Classic bundles where you get the console and some trash you don't want for under scalping prices.

Most are sold out but the Zelda and Mega Man ones were not. They're pricey but not scalping pricey.

Sold out :(

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man nintendo's absolutely horse shit scarcity with their consoles is making me never want to own one ever again.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    This was the context btw

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37981071/#Comment_37981071

didn't think it would be that confusing

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Think Geek has NES Classic bundles where you get the console and some trash you don't want for under scalping prices.

Sold out :(

Rekt

• Options
    Theoretically I just bought a NES classic even though I don't want one.

• Options
    Maybe I'll hold a contest for who can flatter me the most.

• Options
    edited July 2017

just throw it away
    no need to hoard shit

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options

Do you get a bitching Megaman helmet tho?

• Options

Do you get a bitching Megaman helmet tho?

I got some really ugly zelda drinking glasses and some other things that I didn't especially look at because I immediately hit checkout because I knew that otherwise I'd miss it.

This discussion has been closed.