As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where there's [Kids and Parenting] there's five opinions

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    I just had my confirmation test that I'm shooting blanks. Get tight underwear and 3 bags of frozen peas. Days 1-3 will feel like you got kicked in the junk by a horse, rotate the peas to have constant ice on it and just play some video games. Day 4-14 it will lessen, but don't strain yourself.
    Stitches are likely to pop, but it's all good as long as no infection spreads. Everything feels 100% the same afterward.

I really misread this post as you did your vasectomy with tight underwear and frozen peas.

In the words of Kevin Garnett: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I just had my confirmation test that I'm shooting blanks. Get tight underwear and 3 bags of frozen peas. Days 1-3 will feel like you got kicked in the junk by a horse, rotate the peas to have constant ice on it and just play some video games. Day 4-14 it will lessen, but don't strain yourself.
    Stitches are likely to pop, but it's all good as long as no infection spreads. Everything feels 100% the same afterward.

I really misread this post as you did your vasectomy with tight underwear and frozen peas.

apply one parcel of peas upon the pean for a fortnight. 'tis science, my dear boy!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Something something redneck vasectomy joke...

Anyway, in my case, I didn't even notice any pain at all within 12 hours, so YMMV. I didn't even bother using the icepack they gave me. (In fact I was so surprised by this I was afraid the doc did it wrong; but the follow up test a few weeks later confirmed I was shooting blanks, so... yay me?)

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I had an infection post my vasectomy holy shit that was painful. Like swollen testicle felt like a ball kick pain that never went away. I only dealt with it for uhhh a week before seeing the doctor.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    AHHHH FUCK. We're trying not to scare people here.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I was confined to a recliner for about two days.

I finished Darksiders 1 though, so overall not a total loss.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    AHHHH FUCK. We're trying not to scare people here.

Just... If you have swelling or pop a stitch don't deal with it for a week, see the doctor. Even if it's nothing (and it likely is) I'm sure the doctor will understand that you weighed the possibilities of "nothing" vs "losing a testicle" and justifiably freaked the fuck out. If it is something, it's easier to treat the earlier you start.

Hevach on
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    And it’s done. At home now chilling. All super glue, no stitches. The procedure had some slight pain and what not, but yeah the most unsettling part was smelling the burning.

Got peas for swelling and isolation from my 4 year old. That is the biggest concern really. Taking it easy around him is just, like, not a thing.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I appreciate the chatter about it. I feel a bit more comfortable and a nudge towards bringing it up. May wait a bit longer anyway, since it's not like I can do anything about it for a while if I may need a week off afterwards. Gotta finish the house first.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    qmev7g8z1n2v.jpg
    taw5hcdf2k5u.jpg

I'm getting a little better at managing her hair. Not sure anything can be cuter than pigtails. And look at that natural curling at the end of her hair. Yeesh. She must get that from my mom. Makes the wife super jealous since her hair is 100% straight all the time.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Yeessss... My daughter got into her first choice kindergarten school.
    NYC makes this way too stressful. She currently goes to a non- zoned school for pre-k. She loves it, and I like it since it's dual- language. But she wasn't guaranteed a spot for K. Now that she got accepted for K, I can be a little more relaxed.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Yeessss... My daughter got into her first choice kindergarten school.
    NYC makes this way too stressful. She currently goes to a non- zoned school for pre-k. She loves it, and I like it since it's dual- language. But she wasn't guaranteed a spot for K. Now that she got accepted for K, I can be a little more relaxed.

Noooo... A lot of her friends didn't. I hope they get through the wait-list

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    Also I partially felt some of my vasectomy. Like I had to have a real deal surgery due to some larger than they can account for veins (ladies...) So I now know what it feels like to have your ball sack being stitched back up.

It's not a great feeling duders, its not a great feeling.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My wife is on medication for bipolar, and years ago the pill reacted with her meds and made for terrible mood swings and depression so she hasn't used hormone based birth control since.

We were expecting similar mood problems while she was pregnant since there is an incredible amount of progesterone flowing around but her mood was totally stable.

so now that the Bean is out and about she's gonna get an IUD and we're both pretty excited about it.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Also hey speaking of the Bean, he's 6 weeks old now and decided that he doesn't like me.

When I'm holding him he's either eating, sleeping or screaming. With no transition between these states.

As soon as i give him to the wife, or even put him down sometimes he settles. Not particularly flattering, kid.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Being infertile sucks, but at least I don't need an extra bag of peas around the house?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I skipped a bunch of pages from when people were taking about fertility treatments, up to this post:
    I just had my confirmation test that I'm shooting blanks. Get tight underwear and 3 bags of frozen peas....

And I thought “oh, a home remedy to make yourself more fertile?”

Then I read the surrounding posts and that context really changed.

Summary of my daughter and I at Toys R Us today:

lyuw3e9v1v4r.jpg

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Did you get the land speeder?

Did you get the land speeder?

Funnily enough, I messaged the pics to my wife and she responded with, "You didn't buy that did you?". Cute that she has to ask...because of course I did!*

(*I didn't actually though. Given that our upcoming son's name is Luke, this was a really hard decision to say no to. :()

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I put Abigail down for a nap and get my workout in. Once finished, I check out the video monitor and see she's starting to wake up. I jump into the shower real quick.

Get out and get her to find her naked with a poo on top of her toy. Her diaper was changed before bed and almost completely clean/dry. That means she did the mess after taking off the diaper.

SEND HELP!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    One of ollies class mates when I picked him up gave him a peck on the cheek. He didn't seem to care because he was all about eating some chocolate chips and chex.

Hilariously its the little girl named Olivia, this pairing will never be.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Anya’s been having a rough time. It was her last week at her school here before our move and she missed saying goodbye to everyone because she’s been sick this week. Really feverish at night. And our house is strange and empty; we had to destroy her bed (wouldn’t have survived the move), etc. etc. She’s had a lot of anxiety and tear-filled episodes.

So Mori’s mom bought her a special unicorn notebook (because Anya’s into unicorns) in which to write her feelings. I gave her a purple pen with which to write with, and Niko and I went out to run errands.

We come back and Anya eagerly has me look inside her notebook. She drew this:
    dancinghearts.jpg

Preacher wrote: »
    One of ollies class mates when I picked him up gave him a peck on the cheek. He didn't seem to care because he was all about eating some chocolate chips and chex.

I don't know, my friend Renee married another Renee

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    #pipe wrote: »

The question is are they still married

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • MusicDragonMusicDragon Registered User regular

My sister-in-law, Sarah, married another Sarah.

• schussschuss Registered User regular

In the words of Kevin Garnett: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I put Abigail down for a nap and get my workout in. Once finished, I check out the video monitor and see she's starting to wake up. I jump into the shower real quick.

Get out and get her to find her naked with a poo on top of her toy. Her diaper was changed before bed and almost completely clean/dry. That means she did the mess after taking off the diaper.

SEND HELP!

Potty training time+toddler rail?
    If they're hating on the diaper, might be time to try to make the jump?

I was thinking it could be like a major major thing. But they are both 2. I doubt there is any actual affection there. At least from my son, because he's cold as ice, love them and leave them. Or as I saw eat chex mix and pretend they didn't kiss you.

pleasepaypreacher.net

If they have a daughter, I hope they name her Sarah.

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Day 3 of vasectomy recovery. Pain has been close to non existent really. Minor bruising, super minimal swelling. Super glue instead of stitches might be playing a large part of that.

I’ve been able to help out with my 1 year old, picking him up and what not with no issues. Good stuff

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

"My son is also named Bort."

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular

Made even better that I also married a Sarah. A sentence I've actually been able to say: "So Sarah (wife) was talking with Sarah (sister) who told her that Sarah (sister-in-law/sister's wife) is making a wooden name train for Damian like Sarah (wife) has." Watching people's faces as they try to process and keep the Sarah's straight is wonderful. Parenthesis added for benefit here, but not included in original statement.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • MusicDragonMusicDragon Registered User regular

Made even better that I also married a Sarah. A sentence I've actually been able to say: "So Sarah (wife) was talking with Sarah (sister) who told her that Sarah (sister-in-law/sister's wife) is making a wooden name train for Damian like Sarah (wife) has." Watching people's faces as they try to process and keep the Sarah's straight is wonderful. Parenthesis added for benefit here, but not included in original statement.

Yup. We could have had an entire Family Feud team of Sarahs at one point.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Yeah, my wife's uncle had a mother named Dorothy, then married a Dorothy who was the daughter of a Dorothy.

He numbered them in order of introduction, so Dorothy 1 was his mother, Dorothy 2 was his wife, and Dorothy 3 was his mother-in-law. All conversations have used these identifiers for over 3 decades in situations where context is not immediately apparent.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Ken is the common name in our family. Grandpa Ken, Uncle Ken, brother Ken, and my aunt Married a Ken. Uncle Ken was wise enough to go by his middle name.

Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Ken is the common name in our family. Grandpa Ken, Uncle Ken, brother Ken, and my aunt Married a Ken. Uncle Ken was wise enough to go by his middle name.

SHORYUKEN!

latest?cb=20100830031851

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    First board game night.

mmeao6dp4jyf.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    What is this heresy of candyland *cards*? Been trying to teach my 3.5 year old, and we've got a spinner.
    Also she hates rules, so, you know.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly sure it was cards neck when I was little

This discussion has been closed.