The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX West 2017 BYOC Mega Thread

2»

Posts

  • havok978havok978 Registered User regular
    From what I saw in the email:
    If you've never been to a LAN party, be sure to bring the following equipment:

    - BYOC Pass
    - Computer
    - Monitor (Please no bigger than 27" LCD) and connecting cable
    - Keyboard
    - Mouse (we recommend wired, just to avoid any potential interference)
    - Mouse pad
    - Ethernet cable (25 feet should be sufficient)
    - Power cables (but no extension cords or power strips. Maximum of two power connected devices)
    - Headphones
    - Games CDs/DVDs, Windows CD, and backups for other programs you may need to install/reinstall.

    X4Tw3wP.png
  • japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    From what I've understood if you have multiple seats (next to each other), you can have a bigger monitor. Otherwise, over 27" and you get to be a little too cozy with your neighbors. ;)

    r2zaVOP.png
  • amaskedmanamaskedman Registered User new member
    What time does WSCC will call open?

  • celycely Registered User regular
    Will call hours are: 1:00pm - 8:00pm on Thursday, 8:00am - 8:00pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and 8:00am - 5:00pm on Monday.

    Source: http://west.paxsite.com/faq/answer/where-do-i-pick-up-my-international-will-call-badges

    FIpRATH.png
  • Raptor007Raptor007 Seattle, WA, USARegistered User regular
    We have a group of 4, but one of us can't show up early on Friday. Can we bring her badge and PC and set it up with us? Or just the badge to reserve a seat by us?

    g4Dtp2z.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Raptor007 wrote: »
    We have a group of 4, but one of us can't show up early on Friday. Can we bring her badge and PC and set it up with us? Or just the badge to reserve a seat by us?
    If you bring her byoc badge, you should be able to get a seat at minimum.

    86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
    Raptor007
  • harkingharking Registered User new member
    I've got to re-sell a BYOC badge set as my friend can no longer attend. Is there any protocol for that? Is it allowed?

  • TaichanTaichan Registered User regular
    edited August 30
    .

    zerzhul on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 30
    it's not permitted on these forums. the reddit pax pass exchange is probably your best bet, but it's still random internet strangers.

    zerzhul on
    86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
  • fervent1337fervent1337 Registered User new member
    Hey - I'm last minute interested in BYOC this year, but looks like it's too late to buy a pass online.

    Possible to buy one directly at will call tomorrow?

  • just0nejust0ne Registered User regular
    edited August 31
    Hey - I'm last minute interested in BYOC this year, but looks like it's too late to buy a pass online.

    Possible to buy one directly at will call tomorrow?

    I have the same question. Is there still some room on the map and is there a chance of getting a pass tomorrow? I missed my window of opportunity on showclix.

    just0ne on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The seating map is just for groups of 6 people or larger to reserve their seats. It's not indicative of the seats sold. As far as buying passes on site, I am 99% sure the answer is no.

    86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
  • ZoidynZoidyn Registered User regular
    Am I reading the seating chart correctly? It shows 3/4 of the seating is already reserved and only 100 free seats remain. Even though the chart is geared toward group reservations, is the free seat count indicative that my party of 3 might not get seated together this year?

    7F3FdT5.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    Am I reading the seating chart correctly? It shows 3/4 of the seating is already reserved and only 100 free seats remain. Even though the chart is geared toward group reservations, is the free seat count indicative that my party of 3 might not get seated together this year?
    According to the chart, there are 235 seats reserved for group seating, overflow, and admin. That leaves 179 unreserved seats for first come first serve on Friday morning.

    86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
  • ZoidynZoidyn Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    Am I reading the seating chart correctly? It shows 3/4 of the seating is already reserved and only 100 free seats remain. Even though the chart is geared toward group reservations, is the free seat count indicative that my party of 3 might not get seated together this year?
    According to the chart, there are 235 seats reserved for group seating, overflow, and admin. That leaves 179 unreserved seats for first come first serve on Friday morning.

    The numbers differ between the seating chart image (235 reserved) and the live Google docs spreadsheet (314 reserved) that are linked in the original post. I was going by the live doc, assuming it had the latest counts. If the image is the final, I'm not as concerned. Just need to make sure I get there ASAP on Friday! :)

    7F3FdT5.jpg
  • just0nejust0ne Registered User regular
    Stopped by Will Call just now and they said BYOC badges are sold out now. I had them double check that info because it sounded like there would still be some.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    Am I reading the seating chart correctly? It shows 3/4 of the seating is already reserved and only 100 free seats remain. Even though the chart is geared toward group reservations, is the free seat count indicative that my party of 3 might not get seated together this year?
    According to the chart, there are 235 seats reserved for group seating, overflow, and admin. That leaves 179 unreserved seats for first come first serve on Friday morning.

    The numbers differ between the seating chart image (235 reserved) and the live Google docs spreadsheet (314 reserved) that are linked in the original post. I was going by the live doc, assuming it had the latest counts. If the image is the final, I'm not as concerned. Just need to make sure I get there ASAP on Friday! :)
    gotcha, I must have missed the google doc.

    86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
  • ZoidynZoidyn Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    Am I reading the seating chart correctly? It shows 3/4 of the seating is already reserved and only 100 free seats remain. Even though the chart is geared toward group reservations, is the free seat count indicative that my party of 3 might not get seated together this year?
    According to the chart, there are 235 seats reserved for group seating, overflow, and admin. That leaves 179 unreserved seats for first come first serve on Friday morning.

    The numbers differ between the seating chart image (235 reserved) and the live Google docs spreadsheet (314 reserved) that are linked in the original post. I was going by the live doc, assuming it had the latest counts. If the image is the final, I'm not as concerned. Just need to make sure I get there ASAP on Friday! :)
    gotcha, I must have missed the google doc.

    Happy to report we got 3 seats together! The space filled up fast and I swear the team that gets everyone checked in just gets better every year. They even surprised themselves this year ... "was that the last of the line?!" *team looks around in wonder YEP! :biggrin:

    7F3FdT5.jpg
  • The_CyberchristThe_Cyberchrist Registered User regular
    if anyone is looking for another Seattle local LAN Lanfest Nov 10th https://lanfest.intel.com/events/infernalan2017

    There is no blackness in this world which has not its mirror image in my soul.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.