As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAMY SUMMER

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    finally

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Left 4 Dead 3
    this is extremely relevant to all my interests

JESUS CHRIST YES

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Team Fortress 3
    Karl wrote: »
    Co-Op multiplayer vs AI is my favourite kind of multiplayer.

Where is my Left 4 Dead 3?

I'm amazed they haven't made it yet. Imagine how much money people would pay to look nice as they close the safe room door in your face.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Portal 3
    I'd be amazed if anyone at valve is working on left 4 dead 3

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So I'm playing Doki Doki Literature Club, and

I

Hm

How to put this

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular

Welp, I’m sold. Then again, I did like a game where you were a human dating freaking pigeons....

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Left 4 Dead 3
    Other than TF2 and mobas, L4D2 is my most played game on steam. I would be all over a 3rd. Doubt it will happen tho.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Portal 3
    You should get into EVOLVE, the hot new e-sport from the L4D team!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Lar Lar Lar
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
    The Literature Club is full of cute girls! Will you write the way into their heart? This game is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.

I need people to talk with about this. Trust me on this one, it's worth your time. And don't look anything up, because you WILL be spoiled.

It's free, by the way.

I've played this and loved it! But yeah, I'd recommend people take the content warnings to heart.

I'd love some discussion on it, though.
    Just Monika.
    I was never unsettled to the point of literal tears until this game came along.
    Also, I think it wouldn't have worked half as well if the writing in the leadup wasn't so surprisingly solid. This game actually sold me on the appeal of visual novels outside Phoenix Wright and the Zero Escape series.

Literature Club (Whole thing)
    Yeah, the horror section was really effective, to the point where I had to physically move my laptop farther away from me at times, but I almost have to mourn the "Normal Visual Novel" that never was. The writing was good and the poetry gimmick was kinda fun. Although when Monika noted later on how one-dimensional and stereotypical the other girls were, I kinda had to call bs on her, because the writing was well on its way to subverting some character tropes before it turned into a horror game. And I have to say, it didn't really turn into a horror game right away after the Sayori part, at least for me. I thought it was going to go the way of the glitches being problems with the MC's memories, or their regrets, and the story would be more of a message about guilt and depression or something. As it is, the game kinda used a fairly realistic portrayal of depression and suicide as window dressing for their horror game, and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

That being said, I did have a flash drive sitting around unused, so now Monika lives there. :razz:

Yes yes you 100% nailed my feelings on it

Anyone got visual novels to recommend?
    VA-11 Hall-A

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    How can you still be looking for visual novel recommendations after the Sakura bundle.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    sakura? nah man what you want is faded dreams, the story about two kids orphaned because of the Y2K bug

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Lar Lar Lar
    Hey @Uriel or anyone else into ancients warfare, you should check out Fields of Glory 2. Turn based ancients game with a real miniatures combat feel.

https://youtu.be/VbMuXqI9v0s

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    DOTA 3

What the...

It's the Soul Eater dating game.

I don't know anything about that, but my first thought was the bosses from Devil May Cry 3.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

JESUS CHRIST YES

this looks interesting, but i doubt i will ever play it.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Left 4 Dead 3
    If anyone is still interested in a Steam Link, you can get one now for $8.69, bundled with ICEY, until the 26th: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/?newsId=33609
    Really the Link is $1, you're paying $7.69 for the game. This is a legit sale too, not a pricing error, though they may only have limited units.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Shame, I can't buy it because I already own ICEY. Dang.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Half Life 3
    sure, I can gamble on a steam link for $16*. I don't really see a downside unless, like, ICEY is active malware

* S&H

Tamin on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Half Life 3
    That's kind of a weird game to bundle with a Steam Link

In case anyone hasn't played it it's a mix of Dust: An Elysian tale without as much Metroidvania elements and The Stanley Parable. Oh, and it was made in China but still has pretty decent VO and translation.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That is... a lot more than I thought he had. I think he built something fantastic and deserves to be rewarded, but I'm not sure anyone deserves to have 55 billion dollars.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    going to now start all my steam support inquiries with "Gabe Newell has fifty five billion dollars, why can't you employ a support team to answer this ticket?"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Half Life 3
    Tube wrote: »
    That is... a lot more than I thought he had. I think he built something fantastic and deserves to be rewarded, but I'm not sure anyone deserves to have 55 billion dollars.

edit: that is, $5.5 billion. The url is misleading.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Also, he's the sole owner of Valve right? So that net worth might be taking into account the value of the company along with whatever personal assets he has. Iunno though.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Portal 3
    5.5 billion is still a ludicrous sum of money that no one person should ever be in possession of

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Half Life 3
    it says in that article the net worth is estimated based on the assumptions that valve is worth something like 11 billion and that gabe owns 51% of it

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Tamin wrote: »

That's a little closer to what I suspected.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    5.5 billion is still a ludicrous sum of money that no one person should ever be in possession of

I wouldn't really have a problem with someone making that much money if they were paying the same amount of tax that I do (or people in the brackets above me). The fact that they end up paying less than I do is where I have the problem.

Someone making that much money should make us go "great! we can do so much with the tax revenue generated by that wealth!"

ha

ha

ha

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Team Fortress 3
    hey I have a 50% off coupon for civ 6 digital deluxe edition, I have no idea what it includes but I already have base civ 6 so if anyone wants it let me know.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

I wouldn't really have a problem with someone making that much money if they were paying the same amount of tax that I do (or people in the brackets above me). The fact that they end up paying less than I do is where I have the problem.

Someone making that much money should make us go "great! we can do so much with the tax revenue generated by that wealth!"

ha

ha

ha

But

it's my money

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

ha

ha

ha

But

it's my money

BRING OUT THE CHOPPY BOI

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Half Life 3
    did the choppy bois "win" or did they simply install new tyrants

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

by that metric no war has ever been won

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Lar Lar Lar
    Your right, because war? War never changes

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Half Life 3

imagine that

e: I'm just trying to sound like a smarmy butthole for some reason

I would grant that the french revolution at least tore down the old system, even if the new system also sucked

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The Cola Wars continue to this day and will destroy us all

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Half Life 3
    The Cola Wars continue to this day and will destroy us all

Centuries in the future, the survivors will climb out of the vault and find the only signal they pick up is an automated check-in signal, asking "Is Pepsi okay?"

But no one is able to respond.

• Options

imagine that

e: I'm just trying to sound like a smarmy butthole for some reason

I would grant that the french revolution at least tore down the old system, even if the new system also sucked

well i think the important thing about that kind of use of language to refer to things is that it's just not particularly useful, and the function of language is to communicate information cleanly

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Half Life 3
    SLyM wrote: »
    hey I have a 50% off coupon for civ 6 digital deluxe edition, I have no idea what it includes but I already have base civ 6 so if anyone wants it let me know.

I've been spending money like there's no tomorrow, so... if you still have it, I'll take it off your hands

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Portal 3
    Hahaha damn beat me to the punch!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.