As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] and Dick Prison

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
edited August 2017 in Social Entropy++
listen

shit gets real on the internet

and it's good to discuss it! real good. that way bad stuff gets exposed and good stuff promoted

so we should keep doing that, always

but it also takes a toll on a person, you know

too much of that too quickly will get you feeling real down

sometimes you gotta give yourself a break

sometimes you gotta live on island time

so grab yourself a boat drink, put some Buffet on

and let's

just

chill

ebffa555d762f040f15a7288bd846941--tybee-island-travel-shirts.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
Indie Winter on

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    hey so I mentioned this when it happened but Flip The Table ended recently and it's a very good podcast that more folks should go back and listen to

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    all y'all dudes hating on walmart better not be buying anything from Amazon either

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    all y'all dudes hating on walmart better not be buying anything from Amazon either

I don't

I mean they don't sell stuff here, but it still counts.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

I don't

I feel like Amazon is holding a big gaslighting operation over Australia

"What's that? A monolithic online store which you can buy just about anything from? Nah, man. We sell books. Always have, always will."

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I realized the other day that I literally hadn't ordered something from Amazon for over a year at this point.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »

I don't

I feel like Amazon is holding a big gaslighting operation over Australia

"What's that? A monolithic online store which you can buy just about anything from? Nah, man. We sell books. Always have, always will."

They're launching properly mid next year I'm pretty sure. They've already bought huge warehouses in Sydney and Melbourne.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    AHH SWEET UNRESTRICTED RELEASE

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    AHH SWEET UNRESTRICTED RELEASE

yeah it's great when the ring comes off

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Amazon definitely hasn't earned the rep they've somehow received for being an admired company, but even just looking at the average wages of their tier 1 employees, I don't think they're on the same level.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

No such thing as ethical consumption.

Walmart as a company isn't any more defensible than any other major corporation though.

Their products are also pretty cheaply made... But I shop there because I'm a broke joke.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    One thing Walmart has going for it is corporate indifference

as a trans woman living in a mennonite town I'm much more comfortable shopping at the local walmart than I am at a locally owned store

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    tbh Amazon's deals aren't even that hot anymore

I don't use them unless they are the only place that has a thing in stock, which is rare

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I kinda want to read the amory wars comics now

THANKS MOLLY

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    the podcast thread is where we talk about 17776, right
    I'm not sure I actually... like it

like it's a tremendous undertaking and Jon put so much into it and that's great, but actually reading it really bums me out

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Javen wrote: »

Amazon definitely hasn't earned the rep they've somehow received for being an admired company, but even just looking at the average wages of their tier 1 employees, I don't think they're on the same level.

The last time I was in a Walmart it was about a year ago and one. I heard a customer ask somebody who works there if they could have security or the cops remove a homeless person who had a sign asking for money from the parking lot. That was after I saw the sign asking people to donate to a fund for Walmart employees who make so little they're on welfare.

So the store itself can beg for money it can easily afford to pay its employees but that homeless lady and her kids can go kick rocks.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    this weeks beastcast was ace

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh my god the end of this Flop House

I love these stupid idiots

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I bought something off amazon this very morning in fact

and I'll probably swing by wal-mart later today

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    I kinda want to read the amory wars comics now

THANKS MOLLY

you're welcome

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

like it's a tremendous undertaking and Jon put so much into it and that's great, but actually reading it really bums me out

I found it very optimistic. Which probably says more about myself then it does about 17776.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I didn't find certain aspects of 17776's scifi premise particularly compelling but it was a fun exploration imo.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    The worst part of 17776 is that it ended.

It's not like home stuck at all!

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    17776 was impossible to read because of the way character dialog is only differentiated by sometimes small text color differences. I couldn't follow it at all and gave up around the part with the game where they have to find the signed footballs.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    just got to Counter/Weight and this intro in the beginning is so good, albeit lore-dense

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I think c/w is he strongest thing they've done, especially once they start playing the apocalypse world hack

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

A lot of Jon's pieces tend to do that.

There was the piece he did on NFL catch rules that turned into a mediation on the nature of entropy and futility.

And The CFL Chronicles also did something similar, which I will not spoil because everyone should read The CFL Chronicles.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Especially since all of Jack's music is pay-what-you-want.

(That $5 on the end? That was me getting the C/W soundtrack.)

• Options
    This WHM on Homecoming is insulting Michael Mando and I will not stand for it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I finally bought the counter/weight and Marielda soundtracks plus what exists of twilight mirage so far, so 20 bucks of that is me.

In other news I'm watching Little Shop of Horrors and realized, Seymour Krelborn is the ultimate soft boy?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I really don't have a reason for posting this, I just enjoyed it and thought others would too.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Now I wish I had a Tybee t-shirt. I've been there a whole bunch.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    The latest Teenagers With Attitude kind of broke down into even more of an existential crisis than usual at the end, I think they're having some trouble dealing with having done 100 episodes of the podcast. It was a really good episode of Power Rangers, obviously I'm not going to say a lot about it outside of the spoilers because some people haven't seen it.
    "I disagree that older kids beating up smaller kids is funny." A controversial stance
    "I started dating this guy who does this podcast about Power Rangers"
    "Uh, Eric, can you add hilarious sound effects in the background, please?" "No, Eric, add Green Hill Zone." "Give me a minor key Green Hill Zone." "You know what? Fuck that, Green Hill gets way too much coverage." Zack asked for a moment of silence, and there was WAY more talking over each other than I can actually write down here. Eric isolated Zack's audio before that so you can actually hear what he's saying.
    "More importantly, a convenient breeze blows it to them." "That's true, yes." "John fucking Egbert's in this park."
    "and Zedd is like, okay Goldar, please go capture two children, you can do it, I know you can, I don't have faith in you, I am just, like, how could you fuck this up possibly." "There is no possible way he could fuck this up, right?" "Right?" "Says the increasingly nervous Zedd."
    "When I was watching this episode with Mike, I said, like, wouldn't it be funny if Alpha just shot them, and then he did, and then I think me and Mike laughed for like a good like five minutes straight."
    "Mr. Kaplan, LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH" I was shocked that no one did that last episode
    "I'm cancelling the show."
    "Hold on. Those kids go home with those toys and no memory of what actually happened. I guess they assume those presents come from Santa. Has Alpha 5's, like, Christmas loneliness been the source of the Santa Claus legend the entire time?"
    "I love this show, you guys." "It's really fucking dumb, I hate it, and also it's the best."
    "Listen. Listen. Listen. Sometimes there's an advantage in being smaller but faster." "That's true." "Alright? I mean, we've all seen that Pikachu vs. Raichu episode of Pokemon, don't lie."
    "What makes you think I'm wearing britches? I'm recording this from my, like, apartment." "Are you naked?" "...I mean... you don't need to know that."
    "which, Ranger Wiki says this is the last time we see the Power Weapons, but I'm pretty sure Ranger Wiki has said that like 8 times, so" FUCK Ranger Wiki
    "What you don't understand is that before his skin burned off, Zedd was Yosemite Sam" That kind of makes sense, actually.
    You definitely have to say that the timestream was repaired and everyone went back to normal, otherwise you'd have a Totally Spies situation.
    "Taken together, these two episodes are probably the strongest the show has ever been." I can't believe Luke missed this one.
    Oh, apparently everyone has actually read some doujin, I wasn't really expecting that, okay
    "Fortunately, the one I want to share is both super gross, but it's also totally non-problematic, so it works out really well for everybody involved." Right of course
    "I've been getting messages from people who are relistening to the whole archive, and I don't know-" "Nooooooooo!" "WHAT? Why would you do that?"
    "PLEASE don't google any of these at work, or show them to children"
    "Look, if children are listening to this podcast, there's problems already."
    "If children do listen to this podcast, it's Kendall's fault."
    "If you would like more things from our network, go to audioentropy.com and check out our other podcasts, where I guess we just talk about, all the kinds of ways you can fuck."
    "Also, I don't know why you would come back next week, but do it anyway. Just do it. Okay? Please? Just give us one more chance."
    "The podcast is destabilizing, Zack, shoot the rock."
    "I've been Matt, and I am currently going over all my words and deeds and looking back with deep and profound regret." I can't believe Matt said that Quiet's outfit was bad.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Gbeast made me think about XCom again. Then I saw that there is a Long War for XCom 2 and loaded it up. Jesus Christ just slamming bad guys at me immediately. Also I hate sectoids making zombies a lot. My most unliked thing from my original player through of 2.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Gbeast made me think about XCom again. Then I saw that there is a Long War for XCom 2 and loaded it up. Jesus Christ just slamming bad guys at me immediately. Also I hate sectoids making zombies a lot. My most unliked thing from my original player through of 2.

There are things about Long War that I really really like, but then I remember that the whole mod is rooted in the concept that XCom is only fun if it's stupidly hard and anything to make it easier is for wimps. I think I'd rather wait for the new DLC to be honest.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I did find a cool mod that just makes everyone fire shots in between actions. These shots are purely cosmetic and do not do damage or use ammo but man do fights look cooler when you are figuring out a move as troops trade pot shots

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I can't even manage Xcom on normal mode.

This discussion has been closed.