As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] and Dick Prison

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The new Total Warhammer has good good croc boys.

Is that out yet? I'm going to wait for it to go on sale like I did with the first one.

I have a ton of game to squeeze out of that one still anyway

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Uriel wrote: »

Is that out yet? I'm going to wait for it to go on sale like I did with the first one.

Not for over a month. I'm going out of my fucking mind.

I hope you have a fantastic time with it!

Which new race you playing first?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Y'know there are days when I think "being in prison wouldn't be so bad. I wouldn't have any distractions or excuses to not spend more time reading and writing and I wouldn't have to worry about all these responsibilities..."

Then I remember how shit the prison-industrial complex is and throw those thoughts in the trash where they belong.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Y'know there are days when I think "being in prison wouldn't be so bad. I wouldn't have any distractions or excuses to not spend more time reading and writing and I wouldn't have to worry about all these responsibilities..."

Then I remember how shit the prison-industrial complex is and throw those thoughts in the trash where they belong.

The real solution is to just be stupid rich so you don't have to work! Ta-da, free time!

I hope you have a fantastic time with it!

Which new race you playing first?

I think I'm going to start with High Elves. They have good moops and I'll enjoy starting with quite a "standard" race so I can fight the other teams and be surprised by their weird shit. Then lizard men, then dark elves, finish off with Skaven.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    My grandparents have a bear wander into their yard and mess up one of their birdfeeders every couple months or so. Grandad usually just puts a blank in his .22 and pops a shot out though the door to spook it away.

Only ever heard a mountain lion once and I noped my ass back in the house like whoa.

The scariest wildlife thing I've had recently was walking down the steps on our porch to go to work one morning when it was still dark and noticing the porcupine sitting about 2 feet away on the corner of the porch, now at head level.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Moriveth wrote: »

The real solution is to just be stupid rich so you don't have to work! Ta-da, free time!

That'd be worse because I'd have ALL the distractions and excuses.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

A .22 is probably about the same as a blank to a bear

A .22 is probably about the same as a blank to a bear

Probably, but no sense hurting the thing anyway.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Oh sure, it wasn't my intention to imply that your grandad was being a baby

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I've seen a lot of alligators here in SE Texas. They're mostly pretty chill. Would not approach them or swim in their water though.

This stuff is all interesting to me because I live in the UK where there is essentially zero dangerous wildlife. Like you could maybe get fucked up by a stag but you'd have to really try.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Do alligators eat alligator snapping turtles? I'd figure they must, but alligator snapping turtles are mean little dudes so I don't actually know

Don't mess with them turtles, they are much more likely to take a piece of you than an alligator (though the alligator will get more)

dN0T6ur.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I had one summer with an anxious encounter with an elk, a chill black bear, and nearly got my ass bit by a rattlesnake.

That's when I quit my career to start writing country songs.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think alligators would have a hard time dealing with turtles' shells

BahamutZERO.gif
    A lady got killed by a deer a little ways north of here last year.

Thing had it's antlers caught in a fence. She got it loose and it kicked her to death for her troubles.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Most dangerous animal in the UK in terms of actual bodily harm/fatalities is the mighty Cow, by a long way

Unless you count dogs owned by shitty people

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    edited August 2017
    I think alligators would have a hard time dealing with turtles' shells

It can take a bit depending on the size of the turtle but they will definitely crunch right through. I guess I figured snapping turtles might be different because they tend to bite really aggressively? The question makes less sense the more I think on it

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    On a long camping trip a bear just wandered by our campsite one morning. Didn't even seem to notice we were there. It was neat! Bear was like...ten to fifteen feet away, too

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You can't be a champion until you can beat a bear

My bear experience was pretty rad.

I was just sitting on my deck one evening, drinking wine and reading a book. The dog was chilling at my feet and I heard a rustle in the woods. Figured it was a deer, but I glance up and see this black bear just grooving along my yard. My first inclination was to look at the dog and I hope to god he was asleep, which he very much was. I looked back up and I made eye contact with the bear. And I swear we nodded at each other.

I really hope that bear thinks I'm cool.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Just finished The Adventure Zone.

brb crying forever

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Stu Hart, Gene LeBell, Arn Anderson, the list goes on.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

"If it doesn't work on a bear, you don't do it in the ring."

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    https://www.airbnb.com/vice

what

(this was in an ad before Breakfast & Battlegrounds)

lfchwLd.jpg
    Gustav wrote: »
    My bear experience was pretty rad.

I was just sitting on my deck one evening, drinking wine and reading a book. The dog was chilling at my feet and I heard a rustle in the woods. Figured it was a deer, but I glance up and see this black bear just grooving along my yard. My first inclination was to look at the dog and I hope to god he was asleep, which he very much was. I looked back up and I made eye contact with the bear. And I swear we nodded at each other.

I really hope that bear thinks I'm cool.

Someone's bound to eventually, right?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

(Okay I actually feel kind of bad about that one. Gus I think you're pretty cool)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Awwww that soft tree puppy just wanted to say hello!

(Okay I actually feel kind of bad about that one. Gus I think you're pretty cool)

1hhzYos.jpg?1

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Awwww that soft tree puppy just wanted to say hello!

The single most terrifying thing about that was how damn fast it went up that tree.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Cougars are generally speaking much scarier than bears (at least to me!). Most of the time if you are careful, not dumb, and not unlucky (coming between a mom and her cubs, finding a hungry bear, etc.) they aren't going to be a problem.

Cougars, though. Cougars will stalk you, ambush you, and try to crush the base of your skull with their jaw.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Cougars are generally speaking much scarier than bears (at least to me!). Most of the time if you are careful, not dumb, and not unlucky (coming between a mom and her cubs, finding a hungry bear, etc.) they aren't going to be a problem.

Cougars, though. Cougars will stalk you, ambush you, and try to crush the base of your skull with their jaw.

pop down and sever the back of the hiker's neck

VayBJ4e.png
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    You're way more likely to be killed by a bear than a cougar.

zkHcp.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, black bears interact more often with people and have a range that more broadly intersects populated areas (in north america)

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1

After seeing Pumaman I'm no longer scared of cougars. I now know if a puma ever came up to me I could just push it over.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Kadith wrote: »
    You're way more likely to be killed by a bear than a cougar.

You're tremendously more likely to be killed by a cow, or a horse, or maybe even a dog, than any of the animals previously discussed, but I think that's just a function of how much we interact with those. Similarly, people run across bears way more often.

I don't have statistics, but a mountain lion showing up is probably bad news more regularly than most

dN0T6ur.png
    I'm catching up on twa and I'm on an episode with so many audio clips from a bad soap opera sounding episode of power Rangers that it is killing me.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

After seeing Pumaman I'm no longer scared of cougars. I now know if a puma ever came up to me I could just push it over.

stay out of helicopters though.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
This discussion has been closed.