As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Follow Your Dreams of Becoming a [Slime Rancher]

Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually...{They/Them}Registered User regular
edited August 2017 in Social Entropy++
qxlubtu3tl0c.jpg

2aw1ic6abp0e.jpg

Slime Rancher is cute and dope and finally exited Early Access on August 1st! It's also going to be updated, possibly this week, with a proper map.

Much like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, you go about raising slimes, crops, and chickens to make bank by selling slime "plorts" and expand your adorable empire.

It's also still on sale for like $13 through Tuesday and is very relaxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtCYFhckbAk&list=PLx5b9fP_PlUVMRrzLJJGjYnxwpSqi0BZd&index=6

But it can very rapidly go terribly wrong, as Jim Sterling demonstrates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yto7lyLlqrc&t=0s

Oh, and the devs (of which SR is their first game), have a roadmap of updates here: http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=448

Mx. Quill on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I love this game. I just recently got some mosaic slimes and they're so fucking pretty.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    And to think I've been wasting my slime all over my belly when I could have been making bank!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ...ew

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    And to think I've been wasting my slime all over my belly when I could have been making bank!

No, you gotta feed your plort to other things to make hybrids!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I gotta say there's two things that I wish the game addresses down the line:

1) Boom Slime do not blast their plorts out of their corrals when they explode. I had one or two Tarr infestations happen because another Slime sneaks out and eat a boom plort.

2) Add 2 or 4 more slots to our inventory. 4 is a bit limited, though there's not nearly as many things to carry around as in Stardew or Minecraft. Even then, having even six slots would be a bit easier.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I couldn't figure out how to progress in this game for a while (didn't know where keys came from), but now I'm rolling right along.

I've got a bunch of free-range "honeybees" chilling in the grotto (they're harmless and can mostly feed themselves) and some molten rad slimes in the backyard who make up most most of my income. Plus some rocky pinks and rocky tabbies that I use for !!!SCIENCE!!! (how do I need so many pink plorts?!). Along with some fire and water slimes on the docks who I mostly keep around 'cause they're cute, and a cage full of crystal slimes which I usually forget to feed. My Odd Onion crop got wiped out...I really need to hybridize them. I also need to make some Hunter hybrids...I have a couple of purebreds but they're impractical to feed so they're mostly just in reserve for now.

I've yet to have a Tarr outbreak, which probably means I haven't been bold enough with my ranching efforts.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yeah I still don't know how to make keys.

Also I think I might have punted my golden slime into the water before I even got to capture it, so now I'm not sure if it's gone forever.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Yeah I still don't know how to make keys.

Also I think I might have punted my golden slime into the water before I even got to capture it, so now I'm not sure if it's gone forever.

To both:

Keys-
    Feed Gordos til they burst. They either open a shortcut or drop a key.

Golden Slimes-
    You can't actually capture Golden nor Lucky Slimes.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    A key-related tip:
    Don't bother using one on the door past the valley filled with feral pink rock slimes at first. It just loops around back to an area also accessible from one of the ranch upgrades. The other two go to actual new areas.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out how to progress in this game for a while (didn't know where keys came from), but now I'm rolling right along.

I've got a bunch of free-range "honeybees" chilling in the grotto (they're harmless and can mostly feed themselves) and some molten rad slimes in the backyard who make up most most of my income. Plus some rocky pinks and rocky tabbies that I use for !!!SCIENCE!!! (how do I need so many pink plorts?!). Along with some fire and water slimes on the docks who I mostly keep around 'cause they're cute, and a cage full of crystal slimes which I usually forget to feed. My Odd Onion crop got wiped out...I really need to hybridize them. I also need to make some Hunter hybrids...I have a couple of purebreds but they're impractical to feed so they're mostly just in reserve for now.

I've yet to have a Tarr outbreak, which probably means I haven't been bold enough with my ranching efforts.

I have yet to have a tarr outbreak either, and that's with having quantum slimes who phase shift and teleport around outside of their cage whenever and wherever the fuck they please. That's why I keep them down at the docks though, so they're mostly self-contained even if they do get out (which I keep them fed well enough that it doesn't happen much anymore).

A fun thing I did for awhile was build two silos and fill them with crystal, rad, and boom plorts (the glass desert hadn't been introduced into the game yet) and never sell them, while selling TONS of other plort types over the course of like an in-game week or two (I forget exactly, but it was awhile). This drove the prices on those three plorts way up, until I figured they were high enough and then I emptied my silos and made a tooooooooooooon of cash.

JtgVX0H.png