As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Pokémon NO Fest, Part 1

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Pokémon NO Fest, Part 1

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Supposedly after the event was a lot of fun for most of the attendees (according to an article I read), but I guess that doesn't excuse the fact that people paid quite a bit of money for an event that didn't exactly happen as intended.

Still, I feel like too often people use suing as a means to obtain money from someone they know is good for it, rather than any actual desire for justice.

Trygyl on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    People paid good money to attend an event that did not deliver on things. Like even refunding the twenty dollar ticket seems under whelming considering people were ok with paying if they got the fun social experience for the game and they did not.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Trygyl wrote: »
    Still, I feel like too often people use suing as a means to obtain money from someone they know is good for it, rather than any actual desire for justice.

If the reason they are "good for it" is because they took money for a product/experience and didn't deliver it, it seems entirely reasonable. Businesses aren't exactly known for not caring if they get delivered exactly what a contract says they will.

• Options
    Bony LibrarianBony Librarian Registered User new member
    Why does the Judge have a flaccid penis for a nose?

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

He went to the Dan Aykroyd School of Judging.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Because he's just not there yet.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Robert Niantic is a real person and is not in any way made up.

• Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    From what I understand, the problem was a combination of cellular service providers not taking the event seriously and Niantics servers being overloaded by people constantly trying to log back in after their signal cut out because said cellular service providers not taking the event seriously. Niantic was basically like, "Yo, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc., we want to run this cool event but because of all the people showing up we'd like to set up dedicated cell towers from each provider so everyone is guaranteed to get adequate cell service." And the providers were like "Nah, we got it bro."

So Niantic Refunded everyone's tickets Gave them $100 worth of PokeCoins, a Free Lugia, and extended the accessible range of each pokestop set up for the event so people could reach them without crowding into a single area of overly saturated wireless signals.

People are suing for the cost of travel to the event.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    From what I understand, the problem was a combination of cellular service providers not taking the event seriously and Niantics servers being overloaded by people constantly trying to log back in after their signal cut out because said cellular service providers not taking the event seriously. Niantic was basically like, "Yo, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc., we want to run this cool event but because of all the people showing up we'd like to set up dedicated cell towers from each provider so everyone is guaranteed to get adequate cell service." And the providers were like "Nah, we got it bro."

The only person who has given that story is someone sponsored by Niantic. I'm fairly certain when you request cell towers from the companies, they don't say no, they say, "Sure thing that'll be $texas." And you pay or you don't.

What is this I don't even.