The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Philly Magical Mystery Tour 2017

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
The first Magical Mystery Tour of Philadelphia!
Twitter: @PAX_MMT

Who: You! And me. And other PAX peeps. AKA your future friends.
What: Visit interesting places in and around Philly.
Where: Schedule posted below.
When: The two days before PAX: Wed 11/15 and Thurs 11/16. Traditionally runs from 9am to 5pm but you don't have to do the whole thing. (Follow the twitter feed for live updates of where we are.)
Why: See something of the city other than the convention center and your hotel. And do it with cool people!
How: Philly's public transit.

Schedule
Wednesday:
TBD

Thursday:
TBD

Potential stops:
I haven't done this before so I need your help to find places to go!

HI3789R.png
shadowscout

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Here's what I know of Philly: the Liberty Bell and the Rocky Steps. (I have been informed there's a museum at the top of those steps and I should go in there.) So, yeah, I really need some advice on where we should go.

Also, there's a good chance I won't do Wednesday this time. So we gotta cram all our touring into 1 action-packed day.

HI3789R.png
  • robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    Yes please. I am so down. I also know nothing of Philly.

6pq9je4.png
  • Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Constitution Museum
    Franklin Institute
    Independence Hall

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    If you cross the river there's the Camden Aquarium and Battleship NJ.

Fairmount Park has around it a Japanese garden, please touch museum, Philly zoo, Mann center (not sure what would be playing if anything), and horticultural center.

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=10zfegkyoor3b.pngSteam:ArcSyn
  • rsr70rsr70 Registered User new member
    Hi all - I'm a local here in Philly. (We live a little over a mile from the convention center.) I'll be happy to answer questions/offer advice about visiting.

First, Reading Terminal Market is highly recommended, and it's right next to the convention center, so it's very easy to visit on convention days. It's got great food options (if maybe a little overwhelming at first), including many regional favorites. And some good souvenir shopping as well.

And more generally, downtown (known as 'Center City' to the locals) is very walkable, public transit options are good, tons of restaurants, etc, as well as many historic sites, museums and so on.

Finally, speaking of museums, our new Museum of the American Revolution just opened back in the spring, and I've heard great things about it.

It's great to see people exited about visiting, and I hope you all have a great time!