Help me make a playlist

RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVEYOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
So I occasionally like to make playlists for my characters in tabletop RPGs. I'm working on a new one, and while I have some songs that have that certain sound that works for the character, I'm hoping all of you out there can contribute to my list. I'm not exactly sure how to describe the through line on this playlist, but I have four songs that are all similar in the ways I'm looking for, so if you've got the time, go ahead and give them a listen and see if you know something I'm missing:

Sterica wrote: »
I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
Edcrab's Exigency RPG

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    you absolutely need some black keys in there!

sC4Q4nq.jpg
    RingoXaquin
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    These aren't exact fits but they came to mind when I went through your list.

Ringo
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea defintiely black keys. Maybe some cage the elephant, but probably not their newest stuff

21 pilots?

camo_sig.png
    Lepton
  • BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    So I occasionally like to make playlists for my characters in tabletop RPGs. I'm working on a new one, and while I have some songs that have that certain sound that works for the character, I'm hoping all of you out there can contribute to my list. I'm not exactly sure how to describe the through line on this playlist, but I have four songs that are all similar in the ways I'm looking for, so if you've got the time, go ahead and give them a listen and see if you know something I'm missing: <SNIP>
    Maybe this:

or this:

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Going to third or fourth the Black Keys

also,

Ringo
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sounds like you're looking for BWOW:

The first four really seem like a few years from now they'll be featured in an opening sequence.

As such, I'd say

Eels - "Fresh Blood" (Jinx)
    Dormarion - "Move" (Ray Donovan)

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Ringo