Options

[chat] gratia [chat]is

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Chanus you ever think about maybe wetting your beak on some Babylon 5?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i do think about it

but i guess i need to watch enterprise first so i can get all this star trek business done with

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I return from a pleasant date, AMA

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    These days instead of using a hands double they'd just use CG hands and instead of playing a flute Picard would be punching a guy while listening to the Beastie Boys

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

i do think about it

but i guess i need to watch enterprise first so i can get all this star trek business done with

Nobody needs to do that to themselves.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

i do think about it

Nobody needs to do that to themselves.

i kind of do

i'm in for the whole package i can't just not watch the stuff that isn't good

• Options

i do think about it

I actually gave up on Enterprise in season one on two separate attempts... hmm let me know when you get there, maybe we can lean on each other and get through it, Thelma and Louise style.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Will there be a date number two

Are they vegan

Was there kissing

How many kids are you going to have together

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

was it pleasant????

• Options
    When does Discovery come out?

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    in other news: THRONES

• Options

That's for all of us to discover

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

well not me i'm not paying for that cbs bullshit

• Options

Actually it's sep 24 apparently

• Options
    Will there be a date number two

Are they vegan

Was there kissing

How many kids are you going to have together

Probably

No, but she mostly happens to eat vegetarian meals

No

Probably zero

• Options
    wandering those questions were super easy; this is hardly a challenge

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

was it pleasant????

*nod, nod*

• Options
    i find it hard to believe solitary confinement still exists in the 24th century but if anyone deserves it, it's tom paris

• Options

Who is her favorite Stark Trek captain? If for some reason she didn't specify, who do you think would be her favorite based on what you know of her?

• Options

Who is her favorite Stark Trek captain? If for some reason she didn't specify, who do you think would be her favorite based on what you know of her?

We only talked about Star Trek for a few minutes and not about any of the captains, but I bet her favorite is Picard

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

We only talked about Star Trek for a few minutes and not about any of the captains, but I bet her favorite is Picard

dealbreaker

• Options

*nod, nod*

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    all the Star Trek in the air lately had me looking up the old tie-in books, which of course were never intended to be "canon" the way the awful Star Wars EU was, so they actually had some fun ones creep in here and there. I looked up a couple best-of lists and I am pleased to report that of the books listed from the time period I read Star Trek books (1989-1992 or so) the ones I liked most tend to be the ones that the listmakers also picked out.

And this is, like, I didn't buy every book. I saved up the excess quarters from my lunch money so I could afford a $2.50 paperback once per week and I was confronted with a wall of Trek paperbacks and had to carefully peruse the covers and read the synopses on the back and the little excerpts on the first page before making my selection

but apparently I guess I just picked the winners over and over idk I'm just that good

• Options
    they're good books jaceb

• Options
    I remember liking the book Prime Directive as a kid but I don't remember much about it except I think the big twist involved
    a giant planet eating pac man?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Discovery is already out

here's the main track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RTF4OPzf8

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I remember liking the book Prime Directive as a kid but I don't remember much about it except I think the big twist involved

PRIME DIRECTIVE WAS FUCKING RAD

and yes it did.
    I actually really liked the idea! It was a big cloud of spores that could only grow in environments with lots of heat and water and radioactivity so it had evolved to travel through space and move toward worlds that had radio signals coming from them and it would send out little fungus drones to buzz the planet and try to get the inhabitants to nuke each other so it could land on the planet and feed

and it was like do you kill this thing for the crime of being a hungry animal or should you respect cosmic nature and let it live etc etc

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i am dranking tonight

which is good because i have a reverse drinking problem

i stop drinking as i grow more depressed

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

and yes it did.
    I actually really liked the idea! It was a big cloud of spores that could only grow in environments with lots of heat and water and radioactivity so it had evolved to travel through space and move toward worlds that had radio signals coming from them and it would send out little fungus drones to buzz the planet and try to get the inhabitants to nuke each other so it could land on the planet and feed

and it was like do you kill this thing for the crime of being a hungry animal or should you respect cosmic nature and let it live etc etc

so basically the plot of The Expanse?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    all the Star Trek in the air lately had me looking up the old tie-in books, which of course were never intended to be "canon" the way the awful Star Wars EU was, so they actually had some fun ones creep in here and there. I looked up a couple best-of lists and I am pleased to report that of the books listed from the time period I read Star Trek books (1989-1992 or so) the ones I liked most tend to be the ones that the listmakers also picked out.

And this is, like, I didn't buy every book. I saved up the excess quarters from my lunch money so I could afford a $2.50 paperback once per week and I was confronted with a wall of Trek paperbacks and had to carefully peruse the covers and read the synopses on the back and the little excerpts on the first page before making my selection

but apparently I guess I just picked the winners over and over idk I'm just that good
    have you read the one written by the guy who played garak

i wonder how that one was

• Options
    Kirk is cool and all but ain't no ladies be ranking Kirk above Picard or Spock

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

i do think about it

I actually gave up on Enterprise in season one on two separate attempts... hmm let me know when you get there, maybe we can lean on each other and get through it, Thelma and Louise style.

This endeavor will end the same way for the two of you.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Enterprise did untold violence to the Star Trek pedigree and, as they say, these violent delights have violent ends.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

and yes it did.

hey man i'm just watching that!

sig.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Whelp, I think i'm getting close to a girl.

She seems pretty flirty with me and I like her back.

So this is a nice recent development. I mean, it's okay if I'm misunderstanding the signals and she just wants to be friends but the fact that it's a possibility that she'd like me as more than a friend fills me with warmth.

• Options

and yes it did.

I...I haven't read the Expanse :(

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

have you read the one written by the guy who played garak

i wonder how that one was

that was way after I had stopped reading star trek books but I am definitely curious. sometimes celebrity ghostwritten tie-in novels can actually be good goofy fun. William Shatner's TekWar was delicious. it had an actually pretty okay action/mystery story about a future cyberdetective hunting down the makers of a future cyberdrug but everything in the world was prefixed "Tek" so the drug was called Tek, Shatner was a TekDetective, he took his TekCar to the TekMotel and flashed his TekBadge to be shown to the dead TekHead, etc

and his character's name was "Jake Cardigan"

I defy anyone to come up with a more perfect package

• Options
    It was a dark and stormy TekNight and TekJake put on his TekCardigan to block the TekChill from the TekWind.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

and yes it did.

I...I haven't read the Expanse :(

You should fix that.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I should've paid more attention.

I remember the TekWar TV show being a thing in the late 90s.

Now it's the future and I don't know how to operate my TekComputer well enough to read my TekMail.

This discussion has been closed.