As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game of Thrones] Beric Dondarrion and the Scotch Zombies

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Didn't Ghost just disappear for the whole of two seasons? Why bring him back just to briefly be in 3 scenes with no explanation and then gone again.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Gustav wrote: »
    Once again just pet your fucking dogs folks

Yeah. Just because they're missing an ear doesn't mean they don't want to hear how good they are.

Kaplar on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    petition for title of thread on the next iteration

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    like i knew the endings would not be satisfying

but this like

soap opera level dumb decisions and dumb dialogue and what the fuck why are harpoon guns able to kill nukes

WOOOOOOOOOOF

ill watch the rest cuz i still like it, but gd they really are bad at writing

J3qcnBP.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    wow ep 4 was woooooooof

buzz, your girlfriend

Oghulk wrote: »

Game of Thrones will Dragon for only two more episodes

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Game of Thrones: Our hopes for the season are as sunk as the fleet

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    wow ep 4 was woooooooof

buzz, your girlfriend

did you know that that is just a picture of the actor who plays buzz in a wig

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I did not

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Game of Thrones : Subverting Expectations for a good finale

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    The Game of Thrones thread: They just kinda forgot about the plot.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

This has my vote.
    And my axe, but mostly my vote.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Game of Thrones: We shit Tormund's pants

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Sekiro Game of Thrones: ShadowsDragons die twice

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I bet terror shit is like impossible to get out of furry pants

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2019
    For the last several years, all anyone asks about is WHOS GONNA DIE?! Like, every red carpet and insider interview is about The Show That Kills People You Like. No one really asks about plot or character development or anything. I mean, they do, but its wildly overshadowed by death speculation. I can definitely see a bunch of producers going "You know what people like? When we make them enjoy a character and they flip allegiances and have horrible things happen to them. That's what makes this show successful. That's why we're different. This season, make the good guys bad and the bad guys good and kill everyone people like. We don't care about development or resolution. The audience came for the horrible spectacle, so break hearts and kill everyone."

Knob on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I bet terror shit is like impossible to get out of furry pants

A dragon could help with that in the north. Have hot spring for the shit covered clothes and a lukewarm pool for whatever else.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I get folks liking the Tormund/Brienne stuff because it is funny and I enjoy it on that level

But I've seen folks LEGIT upset they aren't ending up together and man c'mon

She has shown absolutely zero interest in him at all and usually regards him with disdain

That ain't romance!

CYpGAPn.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What's the word when you hold someone in mildly disgusted wholly disinterested contempt but are still into them is that tsundere

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What's the word when you hold someone in mildly disgusted wholly disinterested contempt but are still into them is that tsundere
    Yes, actually

But the still into them part ain't here!

CYpGAPn.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    she's too hung up on Jamie

kill Jamie off and after some grieving she'll realise she can trade up by getting with Tormund

Jamie is cool and all but he didn't grow up drinking giant's milk

Anzekay on
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Well you see Blank, Tormund is a Cool Guy™, so people are frustrated when that cold, frigid WENCH does not give up the goods he so clearly deserves

Pretty sure that's behind that.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Blankzilla wrote: »
    I get folks liking the Tormund/Brienne stuff because it is funny and I enjoy it on that level

But I've seen folks LEGIT upset they aren't ending up together and man c'mon

She has shown absolutely zero interest in him at all and usually regards him with disdain

That ain't romance!

I mean you feel for Tormund because aw man the person you've been into has never been into you that's a bummer, but Brienne and Jaime have always made more sense.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Well you see Blank, Tormund is a Cool Guy™, so people are frustrated when that cold, frigid WENCH does not give up the goods he so clearly deserves

considering like 90% of the folks I see on social media being very into Brienne x Tormund aren't MRA types, I feel this is a really uncharitable generalisation tbh

folks just like to ship, and are disappointed if a ship doesn't work out! doesn't have to be any reason to it, tis just how it goes

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

The Game of Thrones Thread: Two Weeks Till Graduation, Lannister Seniors Rule!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Anzekay wrote: »

considering like 90% of the folks I see on social media being very into Brienne x Tormund aren't MRA types, I feel this is a really uncharitable generalisation tbh

folks just like to ship, and are disappointed if a ship doesn't work out! doesn't have to be any reason to it, tis just how it goes

I was commenting on people genuinely being frustrated, as mentioned and explained by Blank

and if that comes from a ""good"" community, well, the road to hell and all that

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Brienne and Tormund would never work out, they’re both tops

ZD98Zka.png
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular

I mean I just think Tormund is a ridiculous character. It's always been noticable that brienne clearly finds him disdainful. It would've actually been an unexpected turn had brienne stood up from the table, and the gross turn the game had just taken, grabbed tormund and drunkenly dragged him off in response to jaime's obvious play there, but it also would've been just as out of character as everything else that happened. Like the thing I like about tormund is that he gets very clearly turned down there, and he just kinda says "well that sucks, moving on then".

edited May 2019
    Eh, I mean again, the writing is hot garbo, so in one moment, he's all turboprogressive "fuck tradition, women should be knights" when in the next moment he's all up in her space, giving her the creepy eye, maybe grunting/breathing heavily. I know that's played mostly for laughs, but it's icky when people take it seriously and are all like "wouldn't it be great if that worked out"

It's the show that literally said that
    being raped made Sansa stronger
    so I'm not going to give the writers a lot of leeway

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The writers have also forgotten that this is a Medieval setting and weddings are used to build political alliances. People marrying for love over duty has been the cause of many conflicts. That was a big reason why the Frey's betrayed Robb.

It makes no sense for them to completely ignore the political implications of who Brienne ends up with. She's all about duty and honor and they just have her forget about her House.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    wow ep 4 was woooooooof

buzz, your girlfriend

did you know that that is just a picture of the actor who plays buzz in a wig

I knew it was a boy in a wig, but I didn't know it was buzz!

The writers have also forgotten that this is a Medieval setting and weddings are used to build political alliances. People marrying for love over duty has been the cause of many conflicts. That was a big reason why the Frey's betrayed Robb.

It makes no sense for them to completely ignore the political implications of who Brienne ends up with. She's all about duty and honor and they just have her forget about her House.

That's why (Brienne)
    making her being a virgin a joke does not work on any level! It's totally modern "BRAH YOU DIDN'T GET LAID OMG LOSER" bullshit! Her being a virgin is a virtue and a value for a potential wedding, since she is the last lady of Tarth! Everybody at that table knows that! Neither the joke, nor the "oh finally Jaime is so nice to finally get rid of her shameful unfuckedness" work. At all. It's so, so dumb. Top that off with weeping Brienne because Jaime's off. Urgh

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

The entire lyrics to "Graduation" by Vitamin C.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    7vho4d8pq0x21.jpg

:cry:

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    my naem is ghost

u killed my father

prepare to die

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

That's why (Brienne)
    making her being a virgin a joke does not work on any level! It's totally modern "BRAH YOU DIDN'T GET LAID OMG LOSER" bullshit! Her being a virgin is a virtue and a value for a potential wedding, since she is the last lady of Tarth! Everybody at that table knows that! Neither the joke, nor the "oh finally Jaime is so nice to finally get rid of her shameful unfuckedness" work. At all. It's so, so dumb. Top that off with weeping Brienne because Jaime's off. Urgh

This is what makes the whole thing a deep cut. Her having sex, in a vacuum, is not a bad thing. But in the context of the world and her character and its underlying themes, it's a complete betrayal of who she is and what she represents.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    YOUR DOG LITERALLY PROTECTED YOUR DEAD BODY WAITING FOR YOU TO COME BACK TO LIFE, FUCK OFF JON.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Sorry, that still gives me bouts of irrational anger.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.