Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Daredevil [chat]

Daredevil. Matt Murdock. He's a blind lawyer who is secretly a ninja, you may have heard about him.

In the media first he appeared in Spider-man TAS



Later on he got a movie with Ben Affleck.



This got a spin-off about Elektra.



Now he's got a Netflix tv series wth two seasons and a third on the way.



On August 18th he'll guest star with Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist in the Defenders.

Julius
«134567100

Posts

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    DEFENDERS IN TWO DAYS GET HYPED, Y'ALL

    wanderingDemonStaceyRchanenRhesus Positive
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Oh thank god. I posted on page 100 and didn't get picked!

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    wandering
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    I am home now in bed at home

    AtomikaElldrenRchanen
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    quote="DoctorArch;c-38106002"]
    bowen wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Keeping my calorie count below my BMR and also cutting out all the pizza and soda is working out well for me guys.

    Working more than 40 hours a week to get this shit done isn't working out so well.

    I think I'm going to take a vacation on my birthday week.

    I gained back the 20 pounds I lost earlier this year due to lots of little things adding up.

    Back on the dieting/exercising wagon, but the hardest part for me is business trips.

    The first few days of this "diet" I guess I'd call it everything was really foggy. I had stopped drinking soda and eating pizza overnight. But after that first few days, I felt great. I don't feel as tired in general, and I'm not super tired after work. I also started jogging 2+ miles a day on top of only eating enough to stay like 200-300 below my BMR.

    I am so god damned hungry all the time, but I've already peeled off about 20ish lbs (258 and now I'm 240). It's the first time in a long time I could fit without struggling into my jeans. It's nice. I want to get below 200. My ultimate goal is to get to 150ish.

    Figuring out where to say "this is my ideal weight" is hard. I'm 6 foot 3. In college my weight was 165, I was a bean pole, and I did collegiate rowing. Now I'm 241 but at some point in my late 20s the genetics I got from my Dad kicked in and I could actually build muscle through weight lifting.

    Ideally I'm thinking 200 is a good weight for me, it's just the dance of trying to get there while not loosing too much muscle and wanting to eat a whole pizza because I'm hungry.

    Yeah 200 is a good weight for that height, looks like between 190-215 is where you should be.

    I mainly exercise in the morning on an empty stomach, because the research I read suggests that this helps fat burning due to your body not having another available source of energy.

    But oh god lifting on an empty stomach suuuuuucccckkkkssss.....[/quote]

    it seems like any diet/fitness study is inevitably called out as bullshit by one a few years later. Like they measured the calorie burn of an African tribe (I think), that basically lived an extreme maratho lifestyel and they didn't burn any more calories than an office worker would, or the difference was essentially insignificant.

    ok98TNK.png
    DoctorArch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    DEFENDERS IN TWO DAYS GET HYPED, Y'ALL

    You have no idea how many friends and roommates are sad this is dropping in the middle of GenCon.

    I expect at least one hall will be set up to stream it 24/7.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Harry Dresden
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Efficient delivery time and has a solid theme

    9.5/10

    Harry Dresdenspool32
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    I also feel bad for batsignalling a non-regular chatter right before the thread closed. :(

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I also feel bad for batsignalling a non-regular chatter right before the thread closed. :(

    you monster

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    bowendesc
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Fuk u geth page 101

    tumblr_inline_orb059ja5E1ri916y_500.jpg

    Blameless ClericSleepRMS OceanicTL DRDonnictonzepherinElldrenHonk
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I remember getting an educational Daredevil comic from elementary school where he teaches the dangers of gasoline fumes/proper portable gas container household storage by fighting a gasoline fume super villainess.

    Harry Dresden
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Also credit ratings are absolute garbage.

    Ladies.
    descHarry DresdenDoctorArchzepherinElldren
  • BogartBogart Because I hate you Registered User, Moderator mod
    My next [chat] will be a poll in which we choose our favourite D&D mod. I'm sure there will be no consequences.

    descNecoBurnageAbdhyiusElldrenjakobagger
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I will never understand american internal boundaries

    rCJWm5S.png

    not sure about that particular one but its in the South so it's likely to fuck over black people

    UIf7zvL.png

    I think it has to do with the fact that lots of little towns got settled in an area, and then one of them gets really big, and not all the little towns it starts to butt up against are willing to be absorbed (and the city generally cannot just do that without town approval, from what I understand)

    Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

    one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

    I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    zepherin
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Stephen Colbert's monologue last night was spitting fire. Hilarious.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    Turns out the domain for the name I always wanted to give my studio is not taken yet.

    and it's only 17 dollars a year.

    Sounds like a deal!

    NecodescAtomikaDonnictonmysticjuicerElldren
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Whelp was posting on the crazy counties of Denver metro, might as well finish.

    First a county map of the Denver Metro area.

    _files_2009_02_counties6.gif

    Denver actually owns most of the water rights on this map and also a few places like Winter Park fall under Denver as well because of historical reasons. Mostly Denver bought shit up in the early 1900s.

    This is a neat map of just the neighborhoods in Denver County.

    City_Of_Denver_Neighborhoods_Proper.jpg

    You can see holes in the county where other counties sneak in.

    Also Union Station should be called Lower Downtown/LoDo. Who calls it Union Station?

    03x29di.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    My next [chat] will be a poll in which we choose our favourite D&D mod. I'm sure there will be no consequences.

    RIP Bogart

  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Whelp was posting on the crazy counties of Denver metro, might as well finish.

    First a county map of the Denver Metro area.

    _files_2009_02_counties6.gif

    Denver actually owns most of the water rights on this map and also a few places like Winter Park fall under Denver as well because of historical reasons. Mostly Denver bought shit up in the early 1900s.

    This is a neat map of just the neighborhoods in Denver County.

    City_Of_Denver_Neighborhoods_Proper.jpg

    You can see holes in the county where other counties sneak in.

    Also Union Station should be called Lower Downtown/LoDo. Who calls it Union Station?

    County lines across the US should probably be re-drawn, because these days they make zero sense and populations have certainly shifted.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Mayabird
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I remember getting an educational Daredevil comic from elementary school where he teaches the dangers of gasoline fumes/proper portable gas container household storage by fighting a gasoline fume super villainess.

    Ha google didn't fail me:

    Daredevil Vs. Vapora #1
    zsrciqdgiqj8.jpeg
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/daredevil-vs-vapora-1-a-season-for-tears/4000-169718/
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/vapora/4005-21457/

    mysticjuicer
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Also credit ratings are absolute garbage.

    So we switched pediatricians after I got fed up with how our old pediatrician was refusing to work with me at all. Told them to send the bill to collections cuz I wasn't paying.

    A couple months later now and I get a "courtesy" phone call from them letting me know that if we don't work something out they will send it to collections. Lol the time to work something out was back before I switched providers, go ahead and send it to collections then *click*.

    I'll probably get around to disputing it should it ever show up in collections but mostly I just don't care enough about my credit to get squeezed on bullshit.

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    NecoSleep
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    It's another quesadilla sunrise

    Atomika
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    For all you Eagles fans out there

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    mta-according-to-daredevil.jpg

    ronyaAtomikamysticjuicerHahnsoo1SnicketysnickElldrenEddyknitdanjakobaggerTicaldfjam
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    I was gonna post something cheeky about Shadowrun's map of Denver, but all the hits I found didn't make the joke clear and the one that might was on Photobucket and clicking through gave me an error.

    Bah.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Oh also having found my shadowrun character sheet from 4 years ago I realized I never gave my decker a good shadowrun handle

    I think that probably it needs to be something that is slightly too tryhard since her deal is that she was raised in corp but is young and dumb and thinks that being a shadowrunner is cooler than being a wageslave, but definitely doesn't have the actual grittiness or attitude down really

    @Hahnsoo1 got any solid shadowrun nicknames? (I am always *so* bad at this and none of my characters ever have nicknames or handles or aliases because it's difficult and somehow embarrassing to generate them)

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    Hahnsoo1override367Elldren
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Also credit ratings are absolute garbage.

    So we switched pediatricians after I got fed up with how our old pediatrician was refusing to work with me at all. Told them to send the bill to collections cuz I wasn't paying.

    A couple months later now and I get a "courtesy" phone call from them letting me know that if we don't work something out they will send it to collections. Lol the time to work something out was back before I switched providers, go ahead and send it to collections then *click*.

    I'll probably get around to disputing it should it ever show up in collections but mostly I just don't care enough about my credit to get squeezed on bullshit.

    FIGHT THE POWER, SHARK

    NecobowenSir Landshark
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Also holy shit am i sore today.

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Vapora - not a bad name for a supervillain.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Sleep
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    My next [chat] will be a poll in which we choose our favourite D&D mod. I'm sure there will be no consequences.

    Drizzt?

    Harry Dresden
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Vaporawave

    jakobagger
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Whelp was posting on the crazy counties of Denver metro, might as well finish.

    First a county map of the Denver Metro area.

    _files_2009_02_counties6.gif

    Denver actually owns most of the water rights on this map and also a few places like Winter Park fall under Denver as well because of historical reasons. Mostly Denver bought shit up in the early 1900s.

    This is a neat map of just the neighborhoods in Denver County.

    City_Of_Denver_Neighborhoods_Proper.jpg

    You can see holes in the county where other counties sneak in.

    Also Union Station should be called Lower Downtown/LoDo. Who calls it Union Station?

    County lines across the US should probably be re-drawn, because these days they make zero sense and populations have certainly shifted.

    Colorado counties basically deal with local roads, a bit with school boards (funding though is mostly at a state level due to historical things), police, and parks.

    They don't even designate lines for elections outside of like county commissioners/sheriffs.

    The major population stuff tends not be county based anyway.

    03x29di.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

    their tears are so delicious when it crashes

    Ladies.
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh also having found my shadowrun character sheet from 4 years ago I realized I never gave my decker a good shadowrun handle

    I think that probably it needs to be something that is slightly too tryhard since her deal is that she was raised in corp but is young and dumb and thinks that being a shadowrunner is cooler than being a wageslave, but definitely doesn't have the actual grittiness or attitude down really

    @Hahnsoo1 got any solid shadowrun nicknames? (I am always *so* bad at this and none of my characters ever have nicknames or handles or aliases because it's difficult and somehow embarrassing to generate them)


    Blaise (pronounced blaze)

    And/or what kind of decker is she?

  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    cred, if you ever need an extra guy for Tuesday night league, hit me up. I played some yesterday and it's terrible dealing with people sometimes and it'd be nice to be part of a chill game every once in a while. People got real salty after mid fed the enemy Akali. Of course as a jungler, it was my fault that I didn't gank enough. Too bad mid was pushed all the time...

    credeiki
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Colorado's state house has a crazy district map.

    CO_State_House_3_3_1024x1024.jpg?v=1484719196

    03x29di.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh also having found my shadowrun character sheet from 4 years ago I realized I never gave my decker a good shadowrun handle

    I think that probably it needs to be something that is slightly too tryhard since her deal is that she was raised in corp but is young and dumb and thinks that being a shadowrunner is cooler than being a wageslave, but definitely doesn't have the actual grittiness or attitude down really

    Hahnsoo1 got any solid shadowrun nicknames? (I am always *so* bad at this and none of my characters ever have nicknames or handles or aliases because it's difficult and somehow embarrassing to generate them)
    Static, De-rezz, (Black) Hammer, Any vaguely ethnic sounding name with 1337speak (Al4n1s, Is0bel), any name with AT replaced by @ ([email protected] , @tila the Hun).

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
    credeikiSleep
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

    exchange rate with altcoins is close to indeterminate, so there's no fundamental to revert towards - we should expect something like a random walk

    aRkpc.gif
    Gooey
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    How do I communicate with people

«134567100
This discussion has been closed.