As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Daredevil [chat]

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    How do I communicate with people

is that the wind i hear

aRkpc.gif
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Google why you ignore me

Google's playing hard to get.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

is that the wind i hear

Yes

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh also having found my shadowrun character sheet from 4 years ago I realized I never gave my decker a good shadowrun handle

I think that probably it needs to be something that is slightly too tryhard since her deal is that she was raised in corp but is young and dumb and thinks that being a shadowrunner is cooler than being a wageslave, but definitely doesn't have the actual grittiness or attitude down really

@Hahnsoo1 got any solid shadowrun nicknames? (I am always *so* bad at this and none of my characters ever have nicknames or handles or aliases because it's difficult and somehow embarrassing to generate them

Hard Drive!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuck.

My Garmin fitness band isn't gonna be delivered until the 18th.

It's currently in St. Louis.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Good morning chat

Last night I had a pathetic and nerdy sexual experience but it involved another human so that's marginally in the win column

override367 on
    I'm tired of working full time it sux

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    WaPo wrote:
    Seeing as how Chick-fil-A’s headquarters are located in Atlanta, it’s only logical that the fast-food chain have a booth at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the stadium that’s set to open for Falcons and Atlanta United games this month. But even though its NFL tenant plays most of its home games on Sundays, that doesn’t mean Chick-fil-A is changing its six-days-per-week operating hours. As noted by ESPN’s Darren Rovell below and on the concessions map posted on the stadium’s website, the chicken purveyor will not be making an exception for the Falcons, staying closed on Sundays in keeping with company policy.

Congratulations to Atlanta Falcons fans on their Chick-fil-A that operates Monday-to-Saturday.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    But I also love money

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just seen a political cartoon. A real doozy.

A statue of a horse and rider (labelled US History), the horse turning its head backwards to look at a hand, (labelled Liberalism), wielding an eraser (labelled Political Correctness) that is scrubbing the statue away. To the side floating in mid-air is the Those Who Forget The Past ... quote in full.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    But I also love money

But does money love you back?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

You don't

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    WaPo wrote:
    Seeing as how Chick-fil-A’s headquarters are located in Atlanta, it’s only logical that the fast-food chain have a booth at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the stadium that’s set to open for Falcons and Atlanta United games this month. But even though its NFL tenant plays most of its home games on Sundays, that doesn’t mean Chick-fil-A is changing its six-days-per-week operating hours. As noted by ESPN’s Darren Rovell below and on the concessions map posted on the stadium’s website, the chicken purveyor will not be making an exception for the Falcons, staying closed on Sundays in keeping with company policy.

Congratulations to Atlanta Falcons fans on their Chick-fil-A that operates Monday-to-Saturday.

*stares*

I guess.. to be fair.. you can use a football stadium for a lot of things other days of the week... right?

I mean.. jeez. Isn't that basically throwing away money?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Bogart wrote: »

A statue of a horse and rider (labelled US History), the horse turning its head backwards to look at a hand, (labelled Liberalism), wielding an eraser (labelled Political Correctness) that is scrubbing the statue away. To the side floating in mid-air is the Those Who Forget The Past ... quote in full.

The quote is labeled "America"

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Oh also having found my shadowrun character sheet from 4 years ago I realized I never gave my decker a good shadowrun handle

I think that probably it needs to be something that is slightly too tryhard since her deal is that she was raised in corp but is young and dumb and thinks that being a shadowrunner is cooler than being a wageslave, but definitely doesn't have the actual grittiness or attitude down really

Hahnsoo1 got any solid shadowrun nicknames? (I am always *so* bad at this and none of my characters ever have nicknames or handles or aliases because it's difficult and somehow embarrassing to generate them)
    Static, De-rezz, (Black) Hammer, Any vaguely ethnic sounding name with 1337speak (Al4n1s, Is0bel), any name with AT replaced by @ (Shadowk@ , @tila the Hun).

haha ok excellent, I will choose something like this
    Sleep wrote: »

Hahnsoo1 got any solid shadowrun nicknames? (I am always *so* bad at this and none of my characters ever have nicknames or handles or aliases because it's difficult and somehow embarrassing to generate them)

Blaise (pronounced blaze)

And/or what kind of decker is she?

uhh I don't know about kind of decker, it's a 5th edition port of a pretty typical decker from my very first roleplaying game in college. Stats pertinent to decking and then some minimal ability to actually shoot people, also wired reflexes inexplicably (...well, perfectly explicable by the fact that I think that wired reflexes are the coolest), personalitywise sort of in over her head but trying to hide it, a bit on the sociopathic side

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    edited August 2017
    I am steeped in regret and headaches

override367 on
    Here's what happens when you unfollow someone
    Tony, it looks like you recently unfollowed a friend. Don't worry, we won't tell them you've unfollowed them. You'll no longer see posts from this person in your News Feed, but you'll still be friends with them.
    — The Facebook Help Team

... thanks?

Elki wrote: »
    But I also love money

But does money love you back?

Y-

Yes

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    quote="DoctorArch;c-38106002"]
    bowen wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Keeping my calorie count below my BMR and also cutting out all the pizza and soda is working out well for me guys.

Working more than 40 hours a week to get this shit done isn't working out so well.

I think I'm going to take a vacation on my birthday week.

I gained back the 20 pounds I lost earlier this year due to lots of little things adding up.

Back on the dieting/exercising wagon, but the hardest part for me is business trips.

The first few days of this "diet" I guess I'd call it everything was really foggy. I had stopped drinking soda and eating pizza overnight. But after that first few days, I felt great. I don't feel as tired in general, and I'm not super tired after work. I also started jogging 2+ miles a day on top of only eating enough to stay like 200-300 below my BMR.

I am so god damned hungry all the time, but I've already peeled off about 20ish lbs (258 and now I'm 240). It's the first time in a long time I could fit without struggling into my jeans. It's nice. I want to get below 200. My ultimate goal is to get to 150ish.

Figuring out where to say "this is my ideal weight" is hard. I'm 6 foot 3. In college my weight was 165, I was a bean pole, and I did collegiate rowing. Now I'm 241 but at some point in my late 20s the genetics I got from my Dad kicked in and I could actually build muscle through weight lifting.

Ideally I'm thinking 200 is a good weight for me, it's just the dance of trying to get there while not loosing too much muscle and wanting to eat a whole pizza because I'm hungry.

Yeah 200 is a good weight for that height, looks like between 190-215 is where you should be.

I mainly exercise in the morning on an empty stomach, because the research I read suggests that this helps fat burning due to your body not having another available source of energy.

But oh god lifting on an empty stomach suuuuuucccckkkkssss.....
    it seems like any diet/fitness study is inevitably called out as bullshit by one a few years later. Like they measured the calorie burn of an African tribe (I think), that basically lived an extreme maratho lifestyel and they didn't burn any more calories than an office worker would, or the difference was essentially insignificant.

God, the fucking stuff on that is the worst

Eat at Arby's

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    We're now 2 hours into the workday and I've done fuckall.

Stupid vacations.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Bogart wrote: »

ah yes, those noted monuments to the evils of slavery

without them how can we ever forget

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Athenor wrote: »
    Tony, it looks like you recently unfollowed a friend. Don't worry, we won't tell them you've unfollowed them. You'll no longer see posts from this person in your News Feed, but you'll still be friends with them.
    — The Facebook Help Team

... thanks?

They also have a button where they send some guys out to break their kneecaps but don't tell them you're the reason why

But sexxxxx

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

their tears are so delicious when it crashes

I have too many sweet college boy friends who are just so excited about the idea of a more open kind of currency to ever feel anything but like, just vaguely sad for them when bad things happen with bitcoin

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    — The Facebook Help Team

... thanks?

They also have a button where they send some guys out to break their kneecaps but don't tell them you're the reason why

"All your files are exactly where you left them"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Static, De-rezz, (Black) Hammer, Any vaguely ethnic sounding name with 1337speak (Al4n1s, Is0bel), any name with AT replaced by @ (Shadowk@ , @tila the Hun).

haha ok excellent, I will choose something like this
    Sleep wrote: »

Blaise (pronounced blaze)

And/or what kind of decker is she?

uhh I don't know about kind of decker, it's a 5th edition port of a pretty typical decker from my very first roleplaying game in college. Stats pertinent to decking and then some minimal ability to actually shoot people, also wired reflexes inexplicably (...well, perfectly explicable by the fact that I think that wired reflexes are the coolest), personalitywise sort of in over her head but trying to hide it, a bit on the sociopathic side

Tw!tch

But sexxxxx

Not that interesting :(
    if you can call something that happens over skype with someone a thousand miles away sex yes

also I am way more confused about my sexuality than i was yesterday afternoon

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    desc wrote: »
    I own a few different Osprey little blue book skirmish games but will basically never play them because my boatsvgsne friends moved away

Please support my Patreon to buy new friends

I'm suddenly finding myself lightly addicted to buying random Osprey books.

Funny thing is that Scrappers, which is a 150-page hardcover book, was cheaper than Rogue Stars, a 64-page blue book softcover.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

But sexxxxx

if you can call something that happens over skype with someone a thousand miles away sex yes

I think you definitely can call that sex

glad you had a good time(?) dude

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    My FB friends number went down without counter argument last night/today because, I believe, of my strongly worded displeasure with the recent political occurrence. Good riddance.

But sexxxxx

It if helps, most people of a certain age have done that in one form or another.
    Have millenials killed sex?

View our documentary, Demolition Man, to find out!

But sexxxxx

I think you definitely can call that sex

glad you had a good time(?) dude

Well if nothing else I've ticked a box I never thought I'd tick in life

But sexxxxx

did you do any butt stuff

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Bae takes the best cat pix

fuc9vs7bi3hi.jpg

I did a sex over the internet with people before

I was a wild thing once upon a time

Doing wild things

With wild keyboardz

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I own a few different Osprey little blue book skirmish games but will basically never play them because my boatsvgsne friends moved away

Please support my Patreon to buy new friends

I'm suddenly finding myself lightly addicted to buying random Osprey books.

Funny thing is that Scrappers, which is a 150-page hardcover book, was cheaper than Rogue Stars, a 64-page blue book softcover.

!

That is impressive

Also I want to play rogue stars :<

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    OMG the dailystormer is now dailystormer.ru.... that makes me chuckle.

I did a sex over the internet with people before

I was a wild thing once upon a time

Doing wild things

With wild keyboardz

keyboards just flying everywhere in the throes of passion

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Whelp was posting on the crazy counties of Denver metro, might as well finish.

First a county map of the Denver Metro area.

_files_2009_02_counties6.gif

Denver actually owns most of the water rights on this map and also a few places like Winter Park fall under Denver as well because of historical reasons. Mostly Denver bought shit up in the early 1900s.

This is a neat map of just the neighborhoods in Denver County.

City_Of_Denver_Neighborhoods_Proper.jpg

You can see holes in the county where other counties sneak in.

Also Union Station should be called Lower Downtown/LoDo. Who calls it Union Station?
    Interesting fact Englewood owns 20% of Denvers water rights, and has a lease with them. They have first rights to a lot of the platt river, and they pump it all out every year, but the population of the city is 31k so they store the water in one of two reservoirs, that they "loan to Denver" during drought conditions they make denver repay the loaned water.

I use to work for the city.

Jubal77 wrote: »
    OMG the dailystormer is now dailystormer.ru.... that makes me chuckle.

I find it funny that the russian domain hosting company couldn't figure out some way to get them to keep .com. Like.. it's not that hard, right? Surely you have offices in the US that have been allocated space, how else would you put up fake news sites?

This discussion has been closed.