Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Etrian Odyssey: Nexus - When your cat is an absolute unit.

1121315171827

Posts

  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    That would take an amount of testing and/or data-mining that I couldn't fathom. Do speedruns of EO games usually include the 6th stratum or no?

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    That would take an amount of testing and/or data-mining that I couldn't fathom. Do speedruns of EO games usually include the 6th stratum or no?

    I'd imagine not, since yeah it's usually brutally hard.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular


    Character illustration DLC, so you can pretend your favourite class that didn't make it into EOX is in EOX?

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    They even have new art it looks like. That's pretty cool.

    By the way did you catch that EO3 battle music cut? That was new / up to date instruments. They can't tell me they're not working on Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold.

    Edit - No wait, I have another suspicion - maybe they're going to let people choose music to use from the series. Like a customizable soundtrack.

    Henroid on
    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I'm temped to restart my game of 5 because I discovered NONE of the classes I picked had any poison mitigation. It's just too costly early on to heal poison via items. I retrained my Shaman into a Botanist. But man that sucks to discover. *sigh* I really wanted them to be a shaman. Any advice?

    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mitigate poison by killing them faster? My main party didn't have any mitigation for it other than Exorcism Prayer (which, at 4, isn't the best mitigation).

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Elvenshae
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I'm temped to restart my game of 5 because I discovered NONE of the classes I picked had any poison mitigation. It's just too costly early on to heal poison via items. I retrained my Shaman into a Botanist. But man that sucks to discover. *sigh* I really wanted them to be a shaman. Any advice?

    What's your team and where are you?

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Man that very first, redheaded Landsknecht's pose is etched into my memories, even though I've barely used him at all.

    Edit: You can easily make a team of old people, with this.

    Edit: Yikes, Front Guard and Back Guard are back.

    Edit: Oof, short ronin-stances are back. Jesus.

    PLA on
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    PLA wrote: »
    Man that very first, redheaded Landsknecht's pose is etched into my memories, even though I've barely used him at all.

    Edit: You can easily make a team of old people, with this.

    Edit: Yikes, Front Guard and Back Guard are back.

    Edit: Oof, short ronin-stances are back. Jesus.

    Yeah, consolidating Front Guard and Back Guard into Line Guard is just... better.
    Unless there are some super interesting skill synergies that are going to arise from this (and having Line Guard be an "Advanced" version to learn of Front Guard and Back Guard would be absolute BS), I definitely look at that as a step backwards.

    Link to the atlus site showing the novice-tier skills for those classes:
    https://www.atlus.co.jp/news/8480/

    l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    What if you could make your whole team bears and modify the colors of the bears

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    ElvenshaeFencingsax
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    What if you could make your whole team bears and modify the colors of the bears
    Is the Beast class in EOX? I don't remember seeing them present.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    What if you could make your whole team bears and modify the colors of the bears
    Is the Beast class in EOX? I don't remember seeing them present.

    The class is not, but their illustrations are via the DLC.

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    PLA
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    l_g wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    What if you could make your whole team bears and modify the colors of the bears
    Is the Beast class in EOX? I don't remember seeing them present.

    The class is not, but their illustrations are via the DLC.

    EOII's Beast and EOIII's Y are probably the worst class designs (mechanically) in the series by a large margin. A shame they're also really unique concepts. I may grab a DLC for Y's illustrations anyways, since it would work fine for most classes.

    Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! Registered User regular
    I beat Etrian Odyssey Untold's story mode and I'm now working on the 6thstratum and postgame stuff. I'm considering doing a run of classic mode at some point.

    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
    l_g
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    What if you could make your whole team bears and modify the colors of the bears
    Is the Beast class in EOX? I don't remember seeing them present.

    The class is not, but their illustrations are via the DLC.

    EOII's Beast and EOIII's Y are probably the worst class designs (mechanically) in the series by a large margin. A shame they're also really unique concepts. I may grab a DLC for Y's illustrations anyways, since it would work fine for most classes.

    EO2's Beast on paper looks like a versatile character that does it all: tanking, healing, binding, multi-target damage, single target damage, self-healing... in terms of what I'd have more fun playing with, I think I'd rather have the EO2 Beast than the Protector, even if the Protector is a lot better at tanking!

    Yggdroid also sounds really cool, and I think the only real help it needs to be a great class is the summon line from EOV. I can see how not being able to have regular party members just kills it as a class.

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Beast worked reasonably well, but I think that was one of the games where a Protector was actually required for a fight or two.

    Now you can instead have a dog with a gun in its mouth, though.

    Yggdroid could do a lot of different things, and worked well with a bunch of subclasses. The Gradius-stuff was a nightmare to deal with, though. Also you had to give up the most effective way to deal damage to get them on the first playthrough.

    Henroid wrote: »
    I've been wondering if the character art customization from 5 will be in this. Making all those classic characters look different will be a huge yay for me.

    It will be, for new art and art that already had it. I heard they won't define regions on the hundreds of old pieces, but they'll at least add some new full palette-swaps to a couple of them.

    PLA on
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    You could name your guild "Diamond Dogs" and every character is a Ninja subclassing Gunner/Medic/etc. with a dog portrait.

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    PLA
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Rabbit-Mononofu and therian portraits in the same game looks weird.

    l_g
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    That is really pretty and please let that be the art used for international releases.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
    Duke 2.0FencingsaxElvenshaePolaritie
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    It's really pretty and in isolation it's a great game cover

    But in light of it being the EOX cover, I don't like it. And the reason I don't like it is that the game is EOX and is meant to be a celebration of all the past EO games and this cover literally features nothing of that legacy that the game is celebrating.

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    PLAElvenshaeBahamutZERO
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    It's really pretty and in isolation it's a great game cover

    But in light of it being the EOX cover, I don't like it. And the reason I don't like it is that the game is EOX and is meant to be a celebration of all the past EO games and this cover literally features nothing of that legacy that the game is celebrating.

    Yeah, thats just hero portaits isn't it?

    Give me the iconic classes of the prior games in the background please.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Elvenshae
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    They could use the afterimages-gimmick with old classes.

    Or 240px-The_Three_Musketeers_%281921%29_2.jpg.

    Elvenshael_g
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular


    In the opening array of images is a part where you can see a world map with a bunch of icons that you can move a cursor around on.

    Highlander is indeed in, as is subclassing (so your Protector doesn't have to be so deadly dull!)

    The trailer highlights some features from particular games, like subclassing in 3, force break/boost from EOU2, color customization from EOV.
    No sign of the summon line :(

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    There's more Etrian Odyssey 3 music in that, updated. hnnnnnnnnnnnngh Yuzo Koshiroooooooooooo

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »


    In the opening array of images is a part where you can see a world map with a bunch of icons that you can move a cursor around on.

    Highlander is indeed in, as is subclassing (so your Protector doesn't have to be so deadly dull!)

    The trailer highlights some features from particular games, like subclassing in 3, force break/boost from EOU2, color customization from EOV.
    No sign of the summon line :(

    I think no summon line was confirmed sadly. Which makes me wonder how ninjas will be implemented.

    PLA
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    I think no summon line was confirmed sadly.

    I feel like everything I'm going to like about EOX is going to be tempered by all the stuff from EOV they chose to leave out.

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    Elvenshae
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I just got to the Fetid Necropolis in Etrian Odyssey 5. Is this the first game in the series to feature undead?

    Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I just got to the Fetid Necropolis in Etrian Odyssey 5. Is this the first game in the series to feature undead?

    Hmm. I think it might be for the classic types, but there are some cases in prior games that skirt the border at a minimum, though none of those are a case of outright necromancy being around.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I just got to the Fetid Necropolis in Etrian Odyssey 5. Is this the first game in the series to feature undead?

    Hmm. I think it might be for the classic types, but there are some cases in prior games that skirt the border at a minimum, though none of those are a case of outright necromancy being around.
    In the classic sense of undead definitely, though when I think back I don't think anything encountered in the games so far was even an alternate idea.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hexgourd is a messenger of hell, and Death Pumpkin is powered by angry ghosts.

  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I liked the fetid necropolis angle of 'EVERYTHING is dangerous in here', where I didn't get quite that feeling from the previous stratum

    VRXwDW7.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

    The Soejima one looks great but man does it not fit in with the others lol

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Help! I don't speak nor read Japanese! YouTube was smart enough to know I'd wanna see this.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    It's just the video for this part, here. http://sq-atlus.jp/sqx/job/sq3/

    Some stuff people jotted down about it.
    Shogun:
    - Warrior's Might: For one turn, chase all attacks from party members with the equipped weapon. Each time the chase activates, Shogun loses HP.
    - Zangetsuiaijin: Select one ally. Each time that ally is attacked, the front line will counterattack with their equipped weapons.
    - Force Boost: Battle Formation, for 3 turns raise the party's max HP and physical and elemental attack (doesn't seem to set current HP to the new maximum)
    - Force Break: Body Double, for one turn the party will nullify an effect from an enemy once (not sure what that means exactly)

    Zodiac:
    - 'Multi-stage Ether': Ether spells become weaker, random targeting and deal several hits (similar to Spread Chant)
    - Meteor: unchanged (listed as 2-5 hits)
    - Force Boost: 'Astrology Time Axis', recovers half of Zodiac's max TP and boosts the power of Ether skills for 3 turns
    - Force Break: Astral Sign, ranged Fire + Ice + Volt element attack to all enemies. Allies do not consume TP on the turn this is used.
    Ninja:
    - Bunshin, no change to function however the initial TP cost was 0
    - Taggen Battou, no change to function, listed as 2-3 hits
    - Force Boost: Shinobazu, increases aggro and evasion
    - Force Break: Ninpo Poison Mist, poisons all enemies

    Farmer:
    - Gift Sharing, restores TP to other allies in row
    - Harvest Festival: melee Cut attack to all enemies, does more damage and has a chance to instantly kill if target is bound
    - Force Boost: Item Again, item usage is repeated (presumably without consuming it)
    - Force Break: Final Stratagem, sets allies' force gauge to max, has a chance to restore broken force gauges
    Novice trees:

    Sovereign:
    Attack Order -> Fire/Freeze/Shock Arms (all req. Attack Order 2)
    Guard Order -> Reinforce (req. Guard Order 2)
    Royal Veil -> Monarch March (req. Royal Veil 2)
    Negotiation
    Take

    Shogun:
    'Sweeping Second Sword'-> Drift Echo (req. Sweeping Second Sword 2)
    Zangetsuiaijin
    Bolt Slash (from Blade Master Masurao)
    'Height of Ignorance'
    Daifuhensha -> 'Drawing of Assassins' (req. Daifuhensha 2)
    Morale Boost
    Take

    Zodiac:
    Etheric Gleam -> Fire/Ice/Volt Star (req. 1)
    Singularity -> Etheric Charge (req. Singularity 3)/Etheric Return (req. Singularity 3)
    Horoscope
    Mine

    Ninja:
    Fukubari -> Makibishi (req. Fukubari 3)
    Kagenui -> Bone Crusher (req. Kagenui 3)
    Karuwaza -> Senpuku (req. Karuwaza 2)
    Kagerou
    Stealth Mastery(?)
    Chop

    Farmer:
    Sympathy Pain -> Strange Seeds (req. Sympathy Pain 1)/Play Possum (req. Sympathy Pain 1)
    Keen Eye -> 'Search Skill' (req. Keen Eye 2)
    Mad Escape
    Slap Awake
    Harvestry (Take+Chop+Mine)
    Earth's Bounty (former class passive)

    Sovereign also has 2 new skills called Heal Order and Pair Order
    Farmer was also shown using Rain or Shine

    PLA on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm guessing that Body Double move is a one-shot nullify attack and all secondary effects, per party member. So basically your standard panic button. Though EOII put that on Protector, understandably (and then IV had it in the party burst skills in a couple tiers, the final one being the old Protector button of "the enemy does zero damage this turn, period").

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Farmers having a bind-based attack makes me happy. I think I'll unironically have one in the team.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I wonder if that's a chance that increases with each bind, or just flat if any binds. Can't imagine it means fully-bound. Ecstasy was kind of bad in EOII since anything you cared about massive setup damage on you couldn't meet the prerequisites for it without using Dominate first. And then you got to use it once.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
Sign In or Register to comment.