Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Ducktales 2017

1192021222325»

Posts

  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    To be absolutely fair to young Duke, Scrooge pulled a titanic dick move, there.

    If I'm offering to wash your car for $5, and when I finish instead of paying me the full amount you toss me two quarters and say you're trying to teach me the value of self-reliance, fuck you.

    Absolutely a dick move, even if it wasn't intended as such.
    I mean, I can understand it from Scrooge's point of view, half a century (or however long) ago getting a dime for a shoe shine started him on the path to being the richest duck on the planet, and he recognized a kindred soul in young Duke and thought he was giving him an inspiring story that would drive him to success in the same way.
    But, seeing it from Glomgold's POV, he's a billionaire who just payed a fraction of the going rate for his services and said he was doing him a favor.

    Though, I suppose, in a way, Scrooge did exactly what he intended by providing the driving impulse for Glomgold's life and rise to fortune. Also a wealth related talisman of his own in the money clip.

    "This company was spending a lot of money on sharks"

    I do wonder what Glomgold made his fortune on. Is it ever mentioned? Everything we've seen kinda makes it seem like he would never be able to do that.

    e: Thinking about it, if it's not answered, that may be something we learn this season, given the conclusion of the last episode.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    To be absolutely fair to young Duke, Scrooge pulled a titanic dick move, there.

    If I'm offering to wash your car for $5, and when I finish instead of paying me the full amount you toss me two quarters and say you're trying to teach me the value of self-reliance, fuck you.

    Absolutely a dick move, even if it wasn't intended as such.
    I mean, I can understand it from Scrooge's point of view, half a century (or however long) ago getting a dime for a shoe shine started him on the path to being the richest duck on the planet, and he recognized a kindred soul in young Duke and thought he was giving him an inspiring story that would drive him to success in the same way.
    But, seeing it from Glomgold's POV, he's a billionaire who just payed a fraction of the going rate for his services and said he was doing him a favor.

    Though, I suppose, in a way, Scrooge did exactly what he intended by providing the driving impulse for Glomgold's life and rise to fortune. Also a wealth related talisman of his own in the money clip.

    "This company was spending a lot of money on sharks"

    I do wonder what Glomgold made his fortune on. Is it ever mentioned? Everything we've seen kinda makes it seem like he would never be able to do that.

    e: Thinking about it, if it's not answered, that may be something we learn this season, given the conclusion of the last episode.

    Sure it was.
    He bought a coal mine, stomped on the coal to make diamonds, then manufactured diamond tipped drills to mine gold.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    DacKing RiptorMatev
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    If he could actually pull that off he must have a stomp that makes Isaac Clarke's look like a tiny baby's.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I do enjoy that this was all Webby's fault. If she hadn't pushed Duke Baloney would have just lived a happy life

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Part of the Flashback seemed to be a homage to end of the video game and a different homage to the 90s movie.

    JragghenMatev
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It was part of the opening to the original show at the very end, 54 seconds in.

    Viskod on
    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
    TetraNitroCubaneSchrodingerjkylefulton
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I love how Scrooge's shocked face used the exact same multi-circle eye thing Disney did all the time in the 50s or so.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    To be absolutely fair to young Duke, Scrooge pulled a titanic dick move, there.

    If I'm offering to wash your car for $5, and when I finish instead of paying me the full amount you toss me two quarters and say you're trying to teach me the value of self-reliance, fuck you.

    Absolutely a dick move, even if it wasn't intended as such.
    I mean, I can understand it from Scrooge's point of view, half a century (or however long) ago getting a dime for a shoe shine started him on the path to being the richest duck on the planet, and he recognized a kindred soul in young Duke and thought he was giving him an inspiring story that would drive him to success in the same way.
    But, seeing it from Glomgold's POV, he's a billionaire who just payed a fraction of the going rate for his services and said he was doing him a favor.

    Though, I suppose, in a way, Scrooge did exactly what he intended by providing the driving impulse for Glomgold's life and rise to fortune. Also a wealth related talisman of his own in the money clip.

    "This company was spending a lot of money on sharks"

    I do wonder what Glomgold made his fortune on. Is it ever mentioned? Everything we've seen kinda makes it seem like he would never be able to do that.

    e: Thinking about it, if it's not answered, that may be something we learn this season, given the conclusion of the last episode.

    Sure it was.
    He bought a coal mine, stomped on the coal to make diamonds, then manufactured diamond tipped drills to mine gold.

    Weren't the first two steps of this plan also how Scrooge made his fortune in the old Ducktales story?

    sig.gif
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    To be absolutely fair to young Duke, Scrooge pulled a titanic dick move, there.

    If I'm offering to wash your car for $5, and when I finish instead of paying me the full amount you toss me two quarters and say you're trying to teach me the value of self-reliance, fuck you.

    Absolutely a dick move, even if it wasn't intended as such.
    I mean, I can understand it from Scrooge's point of view, half a century (or however long) ago getting a dime for a shoe shine started him on the path to being the richest duck on the planet, and he recognized a kindred soul in young Duke and thought he was giving him an inspiring story that would drive him to success in the same way.
    But, seeing it from Glomgold's POV, he's a billionaire who just payed a fraction of the going rate for his services and said he was doing him a favor.

    Though, I suppose, in a way, Scrooge did exactly what he intended by providing the driving impulse for Glomgold's life and rise to fortune. Also a wealth related talisman of his own in the money clip.

    "This company was spending a lot of money on sharks"

    I do wonder what Glomgold made his fortune on. Is it ever mentioned? Everything we've seen kinda makes it seem like he would never be able to do that.

    e: Thinking about it, if it's not answered, that may be something we learn this season, given the conclusion of the last episode.

    Sure it was.
    He bought a coal mine, stomped on the coal to make diamonds, then manufactured diamond tipped drills to mine gold.

    Weren't the first two steps of this plan also how Scrooge made his fortune in the old Ducktales story?

    I don't know that they ever mentioned how Scrooge made his money after the initial dime. At least, not in the new series. It might have come up in the comics.
    We know he was a gold prospector in the Klondike, I figured he made his first fortune with a lucky strike there, then expanded to everything else, then went treasure hunting when he was bored.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    XaquinKalnaur
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    To be absolutely fair to young Duke, Scrooge pulled a titanic dick move, there.

    If I'm offering to wash your car for $5, and when I finish instead of paying me the full amount you toss me two quarters and say you're trying to teach me the value of self-reliance, fuck you.

    Absolutely a dick move, even if it wasn't intended as such.
    I mean, I can understand it from Scrooge's point of view, half a century (or however long) ago getting a dime for a shoe shine started him on the path to being the richest duck on the planet, and he recognized a kindred soul in young Duke and thought he was giving him an inspiring story that would drive him to success in the same way.
    But, seeing it from Glomgold's POV, he's a billionaire who just payed a fraction of the going rate for his services and said he was doing him a favor.

    Though, I suppose, in a way, Scrooge did exactly what he intended by providing the driving impulse for Glomgold's life and rise to fortune. Also a wealth related talisman of his own in the money clip.

    "This company was spending a lot of money on sharks"

    I do wonder what Glomgold made his fortune on. Is it ever mentioned? Everything we've seen kinda makes it seem like he would never be able to do that.

    e: Thinking about it, if it's not answered, that may be something we learn this season, given the conclusion of the last episode.

    Sure it was.
    He bought a coal mine, stomped on the coal to make diamonds, then manufactured diamond tipped drills to mine gold.

    Weren't the first two steps of this plan also how Scrooge made his fortune in the old Ducktales story?

    I don't know that they ever mentioned how Scrooge made his money after the initial dime. At least, not in the new series. It might have come up in the comics.
    We know he was a gold prospector in the Klondike, I figured he made his first fortune with a lucky strike there, then expanded to everything else, then went treasure hunting when he was bored.

    Pretty much, yeah.

    In the comics, he tries a lot before striking it rich. Shoeshiner, fuel salesman, riverboat captain, cowboy, sailor, cattle trader, many unsuccessful attempts at mining, and finally striking (literal) gold in the Klondike gold rush (1896/97). Then he uses that fortune to invest in stuff like banking, resource extraction, manufacturing, sales, etc. In the process he alienates his family, and he becomes a lonely old miser (1930).

    When he reconnects with his family (1947) they take up adventuring. Sometimes accidental (inspecting a lost shipment of sand for glassmaking turns into a search for King Solomon's Mines), sometimes deliberate ("Let's go diving for sunken treasure in the Caribbean"), and sometimes out of spite ("I bet I can find the lost treasures of the Incas before you do, Glomgold!").

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    XaquinKalnaurwanderingMatevIncenjucar
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Pics or the last episode didn't happen.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh my god the opening of this episode is gorgeous.
    Donald: I have done with my life.

    Scrooge: That hasn't bothered you before.

    03x29di.png
    MatevDoodmann
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Donald and Scrooge's expressions absolutely sell this scene:

    j3xipj3lqu4iw3ltxllc.png

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    jkylefultonXaquinTetraNitroCubaneFencingsaxMatevKing RiptorJragghenAbsalonIncenjucarNightslyrDacKamarWinky
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Storkules guys. Do I need to say more?

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    KalnaurJragghenIncenjucarNightslyrLostNinjaCouscous
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Storkules guys. Do I need to say more?

    Needs to be in Kingdom Hearts 3

  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Vase flashbacks continue to be great

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Gennenalyse RuebenTetraNitroCubaneRichyMvrckNightslyr
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The amount of times Louie's full name was used was just fantastic.

    03x29di.png
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    It was part of the opening to the original show at the very end, 54 seconds in.


    It's also literally the last stage of the ducktales video game.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    MatevCouscousTicaldfjam
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    So quick question. If Scrooge, Donald, and Della went on adventures and amassed treasures, how come Scrooge is the only rich one? Donald is broke and Della doesn't seem to have left an inheritance to the kids. Did they not get a share of the loot?

    sig.gif
    Kamar
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    So quick question. If Scrooge, Donald, and Della went on adventures and amassed treasures, how come Scrooge is the only rich one? Donald is broke and Della doesn't seem to have left an inheritance to the kids. Did they not get a share of the loot?

    Maybe Scrooge was already rich during the co-adventuring days? And, since he was funding their adventures, he kept the treasure leaving Donald and Della with the memories, three nephews to take care of and a dilapidated house boat.
    Also a one way ticket to the moon

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    So quick question. If Scrooge, Donald, and Della went on adventures and amassed treasures, how come Scrooge is the only rich one? Donald is broke and Della doesn't seem to have left an inheritance to the kids. Did they not get a share of the loot?

    Scrooge is canonically fond of tricking Donald out of his fair share of loot

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Preview for next new episode on Dec. 1, with Jack McBrayer:



    I am 100% in on this.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    CouscousXaquinLostNinjaAbsalonFencingsaxMatev
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I hope they never show why Scrooge hates Santa Clause.

    emnmnmeRichysee317LostNinjaMvrckFencingsaxMatevNightslyr
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I hope they never show why Scrooge hates Santa Clause.

    He knows what he did.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    KruiteXaquinCouscoussee317MvrckMatevRedTideNightslyrBolthorn
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I hope they never show why Scrooge hates Santa Clause.

    We'll add that to the list of things that should never be expounded on.
    Right behind "Launchpad's solo adventures".

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    XaquinRichyCouscousKing RiptorcloudeagleLostNinjaMvrckMatevNightslyr
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Viskod wrote: »
    It was part of the opening to the original show at the very end, 54 seconds in.


    It's also literally the last stage of the ducktales video game.

    The last stage is you racing Magika and Glomgold to the other various treasures from the game, and in the remake its escaping a volcano. It's not related to the magic lamp.

    Viskod on
    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
    Ivan Hunger
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So Scrooge is Thor.

    Hmm. Now the cane makes sense

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Kalnaur
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just read the description for the next episode: The Last Christmas.
    Scrooge avoids the pressures of the holidays by traveling back in time with a trio of fun loving ghosts to crash history's greatest Christmas parties; time-lost Dewey teams up with young Donald Duck to find his mother on Christmas.

    I'm guessing there's gonna be some onion ninjas in the room for this one.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    DoodmannXaquinIncenjucarKalnaurCouscousMatev
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Onions everywhere.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I love teenage emo Donald.

    Edit:
    that ending though :cry:

    LostNinja on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Sweet custom intro.
    The moment scrooge was going "bah, humbug" I was going "Yesssss!"

    Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    MatevJragghen
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I love teenage emo Donald.

    Edit:
    that ending though :cry:

    Gonna cross post this from SE ++ as it bears repeating
    Slight point of order, Donald was not "Emo" he was Grunge, he had a Nirvana shirt and flannel over it. Him sounding like the old versions of the nephews was an amusing callback.

    Interesting to go with Wendigo rather than Krampus, as typically Wendigo are not something I would consider safe for a kids show, but they made it interesting.

    That bit with Della at the end, that was heart-breaking. And the end credits were done like the old Christmas special intros and outros!

    Scrooge's intense hatred of Santa Claus will never not be funny.

    Also, Launchpad had a Menorah on his shirt, is he actually Jewish?

    I loved this episode, definitely need to get a physical copy for it ASAP.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    We still need physical versions of season 1!

    KalnaurMatev
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I love teenage emo Donald.

    Really glad they got
    Russi Taylor to play teenage Donald.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    cloudeagleIncenjucarXaquinNightslyr
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Dewey is my least favorite of the boys, but everything to do with him and Della has been good.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I love teenage emo Donald.

    Really glad they got
    Russi Taylor to play teenage Donald.
    The Huey, Dewey and Louie from the original show. They even threw in a "quackeroonie" for her.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    TetraNitroCubane
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    So quick question. If Scrooge, Donald, and Della went on adventures and amassed treasures, how come Scrooge is the only rich one? Donald is broke and Della doesn't seem to have left an inheritance to the kids. Did they not get a share of the loot?

    Maybe Scrooge was already rich during the co-adventuring days? And, since he was funding their adventures, he kept the treasure leaving Donald and Della with the memories, three nephews to take care of and a dilapidated house boat.
    Also a one way ticket to the moon

    Regarding Donald's fortune:
    they show in the one episode that Donald leaves in disgust, disavowing Scrooge over his perceived indifference to Della being lost (or for her getting lost in the first place, I forget which).

    Like I'm sure Donald and the nephews were forever welcome there and would have been his heirs even but he chooses to wash his hands of Scrooge's money and adventuring lifestyle.

    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    KalnaurNightslyr
Sign In or Register to comment.