As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]Ster Hunter WORLD!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just ignore the sarlaac thing, it would suck to die in its stomach, there, that's all you need to know.

Let he who hasn't feed someone to a giant sand vagina monster cast the first stone

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Falling in the shower makes me think of 30 Rock and and Fey's fear of dying alone in her apartment which is totally going to happen to me since I don't actually talk to people all that much and work comms are usually sporadic D:

It's the cost of living alone like a P.I.M.P.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just ignore the sarlaac thing, it would suck to die in its stomach, there, that's all you need to know.

Let he who hasn't feed someone to a giant sand vagina monster cast the first stone

*sighs, puts stone back in his pocket*

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hearts of Iron is really suspenseful if you're an idiot

The game starts in the pre-war years - one of the first major actions that occurs is that the German Reich moves troops into the Rhineland, openly breaking the terms of the treaty of Versailles

Not too long after, the Spanish Civil War starts

But now we're in a bit of a lull, and it's fantastic

Because I'm so dumb, I don't know when the Second World War started

1938 I'm pretty sure, but day and month? Fuck me, May? May sounds like a good time to invade Poland, I dunno!

If you're ever at an international conference of historians, you can use that question to start a brawl.

I had a feeling it wasn't just me being completely clueless! :P

I can rattle of VE day and VJ day no problem, but when I think, "When exactly did the dang thing start?", I'm like

Well, I can think of half a dozen antagonizing events, and I know the invasion of Poland was a major one, but

And it left me feeling just a little dumb!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2017
    Okay guys weird thing happened to Vangirl this morning

On her way to the train someone started shouting her name; apparently it was an old cab driver for a very popular ride sharing service that she rode with once some time ago

He kept asking her to get into his car saying that he wanted her to get into work on time, that he had exciting information to share

She declined and got on the train

but now, naturally, she is very shaken

I told her to report the driver to the company, inform the building security at her work of this person, and I'm walking her to/from the train from now on

but is there anything else we can be doing

Vanguard on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    and I did it.

I asked someone out and a positive response was had.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    In the original Star Wars EU continuity, the Sarlacc was basically a god within its own stomach. It basically hooks itself up to its victim's brains, torturing them and integrating their knowledge. They effectively become part of the Sarlacc's biology as their original bodies are digested and merged with the Sarlacc's stomach.

It is Luke who is the stupid.
    from my point of view it is the EU that is

Isn't that most peoples point of view? You're not anakin off the reservation with these hot takes wandering.

The EU was fantastic

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    and I did it.

:bro: :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro:

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

On her way to the train someone started shouting her name; apparently it was an old cab driver for a very popular ride sharing service that she rode with once some time ago

He kept asking her to get into his car saying that he wanted her to get into work on time, that he had exciting information to share

I told her to report the driver to the company, inform the building security at her work of this person, and I'm walking her to/from the train from now on

Inform the police too? Nothing will happen but it might be useful to let them know.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I mean, positive, but not a full-on yes.

She's thinking about it because dating a coworker might get awkward, which is a very good point

• Options
    Also, if the price of immortality is becoming a mere part of a brainsucking giant worm, then, well, sign me up

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Inform the police too? Nothing will happen but it might be useful to let them know.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be worth reporting them to the local precinct as well

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Report it to the police

Even if there's nothing they can immediately do it's good to start a paper trail

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Vanguard, you know brass knuckles?

Those, but with hollow thorns on each knuckle

When sufficient pressure is applied, the hot sauce within each thorn is injected into the target

• Options
    Yay 21st, you did the thing! Good work / congrats, dude!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    In the original Star Wars EU continuity, the Sarlacc was basically a god within its own stomach. It basically hooks itself up to its victim's brains, torturing them and integrating their knowledge. They effectively become part of the Sarlacc's biology as their original bodies are digested and merged with the Sarlacc's stomach.

Isn't that most peoples point of view? You're not anakin off the reservation with these hot takes wandering.

The EU was fantastic

Fucking brexit

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Yeah, I was thinking it might be worth reporting them to the local precinct as well

yeah, they won't do anything but having the report on file will end up being important if needed later

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hearts of Iron is really suspenseful if you're an idiot

The game starts in the pre-war years - one of the first major actions that occurs is that the German Reich moves troops into the Rhineland, openly breaking the terms of the treaty of Versailles

Not too long after, the Spanish Civil War starts

But now we're in a bit of a lull, and it's fantastic

Because I'm so dumb, I don't know when the Second World War started

1938 I'm pretty sure, but day and month? Fuck me, May? May sounds like a good time to invade Poland, I dunno!

If you're ever at an international conference of historians, you can use that question to start a brawl.

I had a feeling it wasn't just me being completely clueless! :P

I can rattle of VE day and VJ day no problem, but when I think, "When exactly did the dang thing start?", I'm like

Well, I can think of half a dozen antagonizing events, and I know the invasion of Poland was a major one, but

And it left me feeling just a little dumb!

The hard part is defining what kicks it off. Is it the Marco Polo Bridge Incident in 1937 with the Second Sino-Japanese War? Is it the Spanish Civil War acting as a proxy war for the Soviets and Nazis? Is it the Second Italo-Ethiopian War? Or the Mukden Incident? Or is it the US entering the war as the unifying act of multiple smaller wars? You can make compelling arguments for all of those.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    The trick to Hearts of Iron is not to wait, it's to wipe out the Nazis before they even think about invading Poland.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    and I did it.

Yessssssssssssssd

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    coinage how dare u disparage ninjas
    The Wikipedia page about Eastern mysticism is fucking stupid, secret conspiracy organizations struggling for power over millennia is fucking stupid, legions of martial arts grandmasters willing to die to extend the lives of demons is fucking stupid, it's all the lowest grade of comic book trash.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i just texted aaron "you make my kokoro go doki doki"

now we play the waiting game

• Options
    i feel so confident right now, you guys!

• Options
    i just texted aaron "you make my kokoro go doki doki"

now we play the waiting game

his response: eggplants cherries taco

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    man monster hunter looks like such a janky typical capcom game

just four dudes with silly weapons waling on a monster that isn't reacting at all except to occasionally perform a predictable canned animation

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

just four dudes with silly weapons waling on a monster that isn't reacting at all except to occasionally perform a predictable canned animation

how dare u

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

The EU was fantastic

Fucking brexit

I love this

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    a monster that isn't reacting at all except to occasionally perform a predictable canned animation
    but enough about trump

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

how dare u

As a predictable canned animation,

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am intrigued by this Brigsby Bear movie.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    i feel so confident right now, you guys!

He's drunk with power

He'll be starting conversations with passers by, next

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The Second World War began on November 11, 1918

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    when are they going to make a big open world pokémon snap game tho

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a monster that isn't reacting at all except to occasionally perform a predictable canned animation
    but enough about trump my sex moves

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    A very good joke for The Star Wars Stand-up Comedian to say: "Some bad dumb thing from the Star Wars books" is the worst thing to happen to the EU since brexit.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    set faff engines to youtube videos

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Interestingly, that post made me look up the spelling for "waling on" or "whaling on" someone.

The most common and accepted spelling seems to be "whale on," but that just seems to be a formation based on the word "wale," as in a raised line or welt from striking somebody.

it's definitely not "wailing on"

This discussion has been closed.