As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[For Honor] Year 3 begins with Shugoki rework. Vortiger released

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    For Honor is currently 60% off.

The population is sizeable enough that wait times for Duel/Brawl/Dominion are fairly quick and most of complaints have been addressed.

PC or console? I have on Xbox but maybe I could.play more frequently on PC. I really need to upgrade to windows 10 and try the streaming thing for when my wife has the tv

I don't have trouble finding games on Xbox. Pretty fast queue times.

It is less about queue times and.more my wife wants to watch her shows

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

The population is sizeable enough that wait times for Duel/Brawl/Dominion are fairly quick and most of complaints have been addressed.

PC or console? I have on Xbox but maybe I could.play more frequently on PC. I really need to upgrade to windows 10 and try the streaming thing for when my wife has the tv

It is less about queue times and.more my wife wants to watch her shows

PC.
    Dac wrote: »
    Does Doc still do his conq bash funsies? Or have people found out how to get out of that yet.

It is real, real hard to land now. Requires a lotta trickery with faking attacks and allblock, usually.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Well, I reinstalled this since it’s been a few months since I’ve played. I forgot how fun it is! And how bad I am! Gunna have to practice a bunch to get my feet under me again. Liking the aramusha a lot so far.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

Oh shit, this is your XBL! I need to send you an invite for duels next time I'm on.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Well, I reinstalled this since it’s been a few months since I’ve played. I forgot how fun it is! And how bad I am! Gunna have to practice a bunch to get my feet under me again. Liking the aramusha a lot so far.

The game is really fun! It was the poor bugs that made it through and some weird presumptions by the devs (They thought blocking was going to be incredibly difficult) that caused problems.

• Options
    Correct me if I am wrong but only elimination and skirmish ignore gear stats when it comes to 4v4 modes? They also appear to have the lower population counts unfortunately.

• Options
    The only modes that do not have gear stats are the Duel&Brawl playlist.

• Options
    so there are no 4v4 modes that ignore gear stats? had some fun earlier today as the raider. cant seem to make lawbringer work at the moment, but the same issues i had previously (constant desyncs and just getting crushed by mixups from fast characters) seem to be present. that and despite it being "very high population" every game had 4 bots, which i guess was fine since i dunno wtf im doing anyway

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    If your NAT indicator isn't green, you will have an incredibly hard time playing at all. If it's green, it'll just be hard :P

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    If your NAT indicator isn't green, you will have an incredibly hard time playing at all. If it's green, it'll just be hard :P

lol very reassuring. it's green, but i havent had a game where there werent people who weaker connections.

• Options
    I haven't had too many issues with massive amounts of people dropping. At least, not enough that you can tell them apart from rage quits.

• Options
    i havent had a lot of drops, jsut the game esentially stuttering due to desyncs. i think ive only seen a couple of people acutally drop/leave

• Options
    Ah, yeah, desyncs, those are somewhat routine. They've said a migration to dedicated servers is coming, but no ETA.

The game is still on sale for 24 dollars on Steam. The gold edition for 40 gets you the season pass.

• Options
    I can sorta feel myself leveling up with the raider. Or at least I'm playing against people on my skill level according to the game. All weekend it was "lol you fucking suck compared to not only your opponent but also your team!"

Now the matchups seem even and I am recognizing patterns

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I would get back into this but i have no internet reliability where i am living right now, and when it works its slow as shit. Someone next year maybe.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i realized i have virtually zero funbux in this game. a few thousand i think. i never bothered with the campaign or even paying attention to quests because at launch i had no need for it and gave the game up relatively quickly. i do recall wasting it on "unlocking" some of the base characters though. i kinda want to try the gladiator but i think i'll have a while before i get there. is he even worth it? i've only seen one so far and that was on a stream and even as a novice i am watching wondering why it seems so boring

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    If you play the beginner and advanced tutorials, you get something like 5K steel.

• Options
    I think I had done those way back when. Not sure hopefully I can get some games in this weekend. But vermintide is free on xbox

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I have gotten a good handle on the aramusha’s infinite chains now and how to weave in feinted and actual heavies and hot damn is that effective against 85% of people and I feel like a god among men.

Then you get the other 15% that know to leave their guard top and I can’t do shit.

I’ll take that spread.

Also need to make time to get reacquainted with my main Lawbro since he got some super sweet armor sets this new season.

Konphujun on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If you're facing someone who leaves it top, just remember you never have to actually go top. The heavy feint is done on a chain finisher heavy, and chains end when you throw either back to back tops, or either side. So a right heavy, then a left heavy will finish a chain, so you can feint the left heavy back to a right light. It gets damn fun.

@WingedWeasel Ranked Dominion is out. No gear stats, single pick hero.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    @WingedWeasel Ranked Dominion is out. No gear stats, single pick hero.

sounds fantastic. gonna check it out

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Wow, they aren't kidding "low activity". Enormously long queues and of the 2 games I did get into I appeared to be paired with people way above my skill level. In the second I was able to get something done because 2 humans left

Edit: I wonder how.much the population level being visible impacts people playing modes. Is it a self reinforcing loop? I'm going on 5 minutes for a ranked dominion game and I know if I ever do get into a game it will end up being insanely lopsided

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Anyone know how for honor handles skill rating? I am most certainly not "on par" with the people I'm paired with.

Also I have moved to the warden. No matter what I keep getting rolled by fucking mix-ups. Just light-light-light-light-light randomly flipping sides. It's a consistent issue across every character I play and I'm not really sure how to address it. I assume my reaction is too slow, but I dunno

Edit: also...is the shaman fucking absrud or what?

Edit2: sigh, everytime I feel like the game makes sense it turns to nonsense

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Shaman is pretty ridiculous right now, yeah. It’s not just you. I’ve found that if they get me bleeding, disengaging is the smartest move. Apparently you can dodge the neck bite but I can’t get the timing down reliably.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I haven't played in a couple of weeks, but I thought I read in a recent Warrior's Den synopsis that Shaman will be getting nerfed soon (unless she already was and it wasn't enough).

EDIT: Yeah, I guess it just happened: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ghonx/the_wednesday_infodump_returns_live_update/

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Sort of, they nerfed her damage. Tracking will be in the next patch.

• Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Shaman is pretty ridiculous right now, yeah. It’s not just you. I’ve found that if they get me bleeding, disengaging is the smartest move. Apparently you can dodge the neck bite but I can’t get the timing down reliably.

yeah the bite seems to come out super fast, and i dont think you can bcak dodge. or at least i have been unable to.

• Options
    Updates from the Warrior's Den

They've been doing internal testing with dedicated servers since November
    This week they're starting some external tests
    If those go well, public tests may be sooner rather than later

Timestamp is being looked at

Dominion ranked has too long of a wait, looking at ways to bring more people to it

Changes next week coming to skill matchmaking

Plume ornaments may be coming to knight classes

Today begins a like five day extra loot event.

• Options
    Dedicated server test client is now available, and you can play it without even owning the game, so it also works as a mini free weekend

• Options
    how exactly does one deal with the aramusha? once one starts just spamming mixups i kinda just die

• Options
    how exactly does one deal with the aramusha? once one starts just spamming mixups i kinda just die

Anticipation.

If they aren't feinting then they must go side/top repeat so you can catch it that way. If they are soft feinting that would depend on your character. People with fast zones like the pk should be able to interrupt them when you know the mix up is coming.

• Options
    As someone who has been jamming a ton of mushy-musha lately, if anticipation is not your thing, just block top and guard break. I get caught a lot by getting too focused on my combos to CGB and end up getting ledged or smushed by guaranteed heavies pretty often. As Doc said, you can also beat them to the punch with faster attacks, like PK/Warden zone, Lawbro top light, etc.

• Options
    i'll have to give it a try. honestly last night i was tired and i'm not too familiar with what that class can/can't do so after getting caught i was kind of at a loss. i was unable to roll out and just ate all the damage. i am not sure if it my reflexes or my controller. the latter seems like just an excuse but i distinctly had a few times where i could not change guard at the very start of a match so i wonder if the right stick is going. \

im currently playing as raider > warden > lawbringer. i like the lawbringer the most but i think i'm pretty predictable as i'll usually bully someone game one and then i have much more trouble getting anything accomplished in the later rounds. additionally with the raider and LB once i am behind im basically toast unless they walk near a ledge and make a mistake. not to say i've never managed a comeback but i am not blocking things enough and as a result i have to just try and guess the patterns which makes me eat more damage.

i've been watching a few streams (what few are left) and it always seems like they have a really long time to guard break but it feels like barely an instant for me. i'm sure it is just psychological but this is the first game where it is very noticable for me

• Options
    This is something I should've asked a long time ago but for console people: do you flick the right stick to block or roll it and hold?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I'm reinstalling this, the new classes sound cool and all but I just want to go back to my beloved Orochi

Edit: I think all I really need to enjoy this game is a decent matchmaking system. I'm not that amazing at the game, I'm not actively terrible but I'm no pro player. And that's fine. As long as I'm matched with similarly unskilled chumps the game is good fun. I just don't like getting stomped, which is what was happening a disturbing amount and made me walk away from the game in frustration (alongside some general balance issues)

I mean I want to love this game. It's really very fun and has a pretty unique gameplay experience. But yeesh it could be infuriating to play.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I'm reinstalling this, the new classes sound cool and all but I just want to go back to my beloved Orochi

Edit: I think all I really need to enjoy this game is a decent matchmaking system. I'm not that amazing at the game, I'm not actively terrible but I'm no pro player. And that's fine. As long as I'm matched with similarly unskilled chumps the game is good fun. I just don't like getting stomped, which is what was happening a disturbing amount and made me walk away from the game in frustration (alongside some general balance issues)

I mean I want to love this game. It's really very fun and has a pretty unique gameplay experience. But yeesh it could be infuriating to play.

I've had more success with even matches on the weekend. Probably because I'm terrible, and the other people who are logging in are even worse. Personally I stick to 1v1 and 2v2. I tried the capture the flag thing last night and it was awful. Not skill level wise, just not fun

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Is there anyone still playing this on Xbox? I was hoping to get games in this weekend.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Is there anyone still playing this on Xbox? I was hoping to get games in this weekend.

i do occasionally, but as is now holiday tradition...i am super sick

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I started playing this again this weekend. Haven't touched it since season 1. Just got this weird urge to sword fight.

Here is a triple kill I got today. One of them was a bot but I think it can be argued that bots are way more talented than real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVOIBZjTIfo

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    God I hated that little area. I would always get my shit pushed over the edge.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow