Options

[For Honor] Year 3 begins with Shugoki rework. Vortiger released

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    The crates just give you premium packs without spending currency, which are three random items of either common or highest rarity you can get, and two random items of highest rarity you can get guaranteed.

Burn packs and steel to get gear at rep 1, 3, 5, and 7, since that's where your rarity drops change. They'll help if you play a lot of dominion.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    In more salty "Why does the enemy know but my allies don't" complaining, I'm convinced people who play on my team never know how to gank properly. The situations where you can hit someone in a 2v1 and the situations you can't aren't terribly complex, and yet I will sit in a fight blocking and parrying an enemy's constant barrage of attacks while my ally right behind them sits with their guard up doing nothing. Hey guy, did you know people can't block while they're attacking? So if this guy never stops attacking, he's always open to getting attacked by someone else? It's true! So please hit him before he chips all of my health down and gets a lucky feint in and kills m- oh, too late. Well good luck in that 1v1 against a guy with full revenge meter. They also don't seem to realize that when you guardbreak someone, even if they counter guardbreak, makes them vulnerable to other people's attacks.

One very minor thing that annoys me is getting stuck on soldiers, ally or enemy. When I'm trying to run around the line of battle to get to a point, and the line of soldiers is there, and you just can't... quite... run past them. It's particularly annoying when you're trying to run from someone.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    In more salty "Why does the enemy know but my allies don't" complaining, I'm convinced people who play on my team never know how to gank properly. The situations where you can hit someone in a 2v1 and the situations you can't aren't terribly complex, and yet I will sit in a fight blocking and parrying an enemy's constant barrage of attacks while my ally right behind them sits with their guard up doing nothing. Hey guy, did you know people can't block while they're attacking? So if this guy never stops attacking, he's always open to getting attacked by someone else? It's true! So please hit him before he chips all of my health down and gets a lucky feint in and kills m- oh, too late. Well good luck in that 1v1 against a guy with full revenge meter. They also don't seem to realize that when you guardbreak someone, even if they counter guardbreak, makes them vulnerable to other people's attacks.

One very minor thing that annoys me is getting stuck on soldiers, ally or enemy. When I'm trying to run around the line of battle to get to a point, and the line of soldiers is there, and you just can't... quite... run past them. It's particularly annoying when you're trying to run from someone.

Yeah, that always drives me nuts when people can't handle the 2v1. We have an advantage, man! Capitalize on it properly!

and then even worse, when they're too aggressive and keep slapping away at a turtler just to give him like 3 revenge's in a matter of a minute.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Ok to review the posts you guys just made: when ganking your goal is to kill someone as quickly as possible while not giving them a chance to build up revenge. The best ways to do this is by attacking with things that are hard or impossible to block. Guard breaks, unblockables, or attack while they are attacking.

So what gives a person revenge? Blocking and parrying? As long as they aren't doing that you aren't "feeding" revenge to them?

• Options
    Revenge meter builds on successful Dodges, Blocks, Parries, and when taking damage. (it might also build on counter guard break?) The meter builds even in 1v1.

If you are attempting to hit an opponent at or close to the same time as they are blocking/parrying/dodging the primary person they are fighting, you are feeding them revenge meter(and supplying some mental pressure, sure).

The worst possible thing you can do is keep attacking at the exact same time as the primary attacker on your team and both of you end up getting blocked/parried, only to then again attack at the exact same time and get revenge activated on the both of you, and now you're both on your ass and the opponent is standing and throwing a heavy attack at one of you for sure, or maybe he's running, who knows.

things to do when you aren't the "primary" attacker in a 2v1 scenario:
    Try to guard break the opponent at an opportune time(if the opponent is blocking more than attacking)
    Try to attack the opponent at an opportune time, like hitting them with a light attack when they are swinging a heavy attack at the primary attacker, or when they are attempting to guard break the primary attacker
    Feint Heavy attacks at the opponent to mess up their timing
    If you have a feat active, like the bow and arrow or kunai or something, shoot the opponent
    Nothing, just kinda dodge around and scare them with your shockingly good looks

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular

This is my primary playstyle on Shinobi, btw

• Options
    Cyrenic wrote: »

This is my primary playstyle on Shinobi, btw

I am horrible at Shinobi. I am trying to get them to Rep 1 right now. The trick i've found is if you get the ranged guard break on them you can do your little light attack combo, other than that you just have to keep mixing up kicks and ranged heavy attacks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    This is the first time in almost a year I finally had decent internet. I come back to the game and it turns out lawbringer is still absolutely devastating when played well. Coincidentally I am kicking ass at lawbringer. It's good to be back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I keep hearing mad shit being talked up about For Honor and how it's awesome now.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    I've come back to it and poured hours into it the last few days. It can be awesome, but be ready to get bombed/ganked/have ridiculously useless teammates if you're gonna play dominion. I make sure to take breaks.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I keep hearing mad shit being talked up about For Honor and how it's awesome now.

Counterpoint: I'm still bad at it so it's the worst ever.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

In the same vein, any character I lose to is obviously OP and broken as shit and in desperate need of a nerf.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Axen wrote: »

In the same vein, any character I lose to is obviously OP and broken as shit and in desperate need of a nerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYtPnLCNnLY

It's enormously cathartic though when it's the enemy weeb getting hit by GB --> Raider zone.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    I also hear that Shugoki is shit and one of the ones that needs a rework which is upsetting considering he's my bro.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I also hear that Shugoki is shit and one of the ones that needs a rework which is upsetting considering he's my bro.

He was super horrendously overpowered for a while, mostly due to bugs, but now his slow speed makes any mistakes super punishable. I like the aesthetic but its rough to get to work in 1v1s

• Options
    Valkyrie and Warden reworks have just been released. The Warden doesn't seem like too big a difference, but valk feels like she has options outside of "Charge shield bash, try and hit sweep combo" now, which is nice.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Huh, well I'll have to check them out when I've got time

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Addendum: Conquerors are bad and people who play them should feel bad.

(Bizarrely, I think Conquerors are unique in that they're the only enemy I'm more worried about when AI driven than in another human player....)

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Valkyrie and Warden reworks have just been released. The Warden doesn't seem like too big a difference, but valk feels like she has options outside of "Charge shield bash, try and hit sweep combo" now, which is nice.

Odd, i feel the opposite

Warden got crazy overtuned, they now have a backroll punish that does 40 dmg (most characters cant punish back rolls)

and alot of people are very unhappy with the valk rework (mostly valk mains)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Admittedly I haven't put a lot of time in to the character before or after the reworks. I'd be happy for a proper breakdown.

• Options
    But when Shugoki rework.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Warden was my main. If I jump back in, what did they do to him?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Addendum: Conquerors are bad and people who play them should feel bad.

(Bizarrely, I think Conquerors are unique in that they're the only enemy I'm more worried about when AI driven than in another human player....)

Conqs are great and always have been
    This is the unassailable truth.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Bizazedo wrote: »

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-331625-16/season-7-fighter-update-warden

faster lights, new roll punish move, shoulder bash tracks better and has new cancels, top heavy finisher is now unblockable

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, this season they have ranked duels.

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-331625-16/season-7-fighter-update-warden

faster lights, new roll punish move, shoulder bash tracks better and has new cancels, top heavy finisher is now unblockable

... Top heavy finisher is unblockable now?

Fuck I need to start playing Warden again. I want to be the busted new hotness.

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

... Top heavy finisher is unblockable now?

Fuck I need to start playing Warden again. I want to be the busted new hotness.

It is real slow, main use is for baiting out crushing counters.

Which are fucking insane, because you get a light free afterwards as well. Which you can end with the top unblockable again.

It can be pretty brutal.

In other news, just finished my placement in ranked duel with conq. 15 matches is kinda long, but it put me in Gold III. At least it isn't bronze!

• Options
    they definitely made wardens ryu-isms more ryu esque

they now have punishes for half of their mixup game, and crushing counter (is bad) now has way more viability

the roll punish is nuts and catches alot, and the top unblockable adds a new feint game

its too bad that its a better ryuism game in a game where fireballs are bad (like sf5!)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Starter Edition is currently free on steam and part of Games with Gold.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    What is the PC population like? It is on deep discount currently through steam

• Options
    What is the PC population like? It is on deep discount currently through steam

A few thousand at a time is the norm according to steam charts. I haven't had issues getting in games, unlike at launch.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    any easy ways to get some steel when you start? haven't played in years, got the free version and I just want to customize valk really badly. 8k to unlock when you get 20-40 a match is...not the best

• Options
    Quests. The dailies will give you 500 if you finish both. Then the normal ones have a few hundred per.

Finishing the tutorial should give you like 2000.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hmmm, just saw an expansion is coming that adds an "endless PvE" mode, also I guess another weeb faction. I might have to reinstall if Arcade mode is really good. Though, at $30 it'd have to be real good.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    There is gameplay videos on YouTube. It looks, interesting, and makes the 30 dollar price of Marching Fire more palatable, but they need to really overhaul the AI for it to be a big selling point for me.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Wow, Arcade mode looks awesome. I could definitely get back into For Honor for that. Way too much stuff in the coming months, but I'll definitely pick up the expansion down the line. Probably get it on sale by waiting too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I'm not saying that they should drop For Honor but.

I'm just saying, if For Honor did the Total War thing and had a spin-off Warhammer game.

That would probably be fucking amazing.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I'm not saying that they should drop For Honor but.

I'm just saying, if For Honor did the Total War thing and had a spin-off Warhammer game.

That would probably be fucking amazing.

I want to main a black orc!

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Patch 2.01 drops today along with a new expansion:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-336363-16/patch-2010

Biggest things about this (though you should read through those notes - hoo boy there's a lot of stuff) are 2 new game modes, 4 new heroes in a new faction, and a graphics upgrade. Also, the existing expansion heroes (the six that are already in the game) are receiving a significant price drop.

The new faction is the Wu Lin. The new game modes are Arcade and Breach. I don't know much about Arcade, but Breach is a siege mode against various strongholds with attacking and defending teams.

This trailer highlights the new stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZJUJqpmas

I noticed some confusion on the expansion pricing when perusing other forums. $29.99 gets you instant access to the 4 new heroes for a 2 week exclusive, after which everyone can unlock them with currency earned in-game (like now). It also includes access to the Arcade mode. Everything else is available in the base game.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153