As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[For Honor] Year 3 begins with Shugoki rework. Vortiger released

12346»

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    How's the population on PS4?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    The XBL population was pretty comfortable when I checked this weekend, even in game modes other that Dominion, so I have to imagine it'd be as good or better on PS4.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, I never have problems finding games on XBL or Steam.

Steam, of course, shows its numbers and that population has been hovering around 9K for the last month. And I don't think (?) you have to go through Steam if you bought it direct via UPlay, so that might be accounting for a decent chunk of players as well.

Not bad.

XBL has it listed as the 16th highest played game right now: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yes, and whatever mysterious criteria they use to sort through it.

It's good to hear there's still a serviceable population on PC though, even if it is divided? A lot of games have tended to take a hard dive on PC compared to their console populations, whether it's due to more competitive releases, or server issues like cheating, or whatever else. I think it was the first of the rebooted Battlefront series that a few months after launch, the PC population was between a fourth and fifth the Xbox population alone.

Synthesis on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Wake me when shugoki rework.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited October 2018
    The new faction looks pretty sweet, and fairly unique compared to the other 3. I like that we get another big, slow character a la the Shugoki and Lawbro. Though maybe he's more akin to the Highlander in that regard? We'll see.

Ugh. Come on work clock.

Undead Monkey on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Feel like I wasted $30 on this expansion... These developers just can't seem to work out a way to make solo content for this game that is fun, My Nobushi is geared up for purple quests in Arcade, but it's just stupid bullshit. Yes, I want to play a mode where I'm triple teamed by cheap, overpowered enemies it's so much fun, thank you this is amazing...

And you get pretty much nothing in the way of XP.

Man, I wish Sony would do refunds like Steam.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    There isn't much to the arcade mode, no, but I liken it to other fighting game arcade modes. Progress through various enemies, each more difficult than the previous ones.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Is anyone here still playing this? I kind of fell off before Marching Fire came out and was too caught up with other stuff to get back in. The problem with getting back in is I forget everything but the basics of how to play, and also all the combos have changed.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, they're doing an AC crossover event, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8G7nG80niE

Looks pretty cool.

Stabbity_Style.png
    Vortiger is live. Shugoki rework is finally here.

It's time to mixup some demon embraces, bois.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh hey, guess who's back? Got this on my PS4 because my buddies never got the PC version.

Weird to play at 30 fps, but feels great to come back to Conqueror with so many good changes, also I see a lot of the frustrating stuff (Revenge builds, running away, etc) is finally gone. Game seems to be in a much better place now!

It does feel a bit mean to play against so many new players, with my new account.

Satsumomo on
    So if one wanted to look at how best to build a Warden, now, where would one go?

Vortiger is... okay? Definitely offers a semi-unique play style, but I prefer conq if I'm gonna play a shield knight.

He can certainly turtle for days, though, especially on modes where he can heal when in FB.

I find Breach to be really fun to play! Also not rare to end a match with 2,000+ points.

So I pretty much started playing this fresh on the PS4 on Tuesday/Wednesday, and after this week, I'm sitting on around 13,500 steel. And characters cost 10k (15k for the new ones), that seems really generous. Yeah, I have the steel from doing the tutorials, but at this rate it's about 10 days to unlock a character? Not bad.

Also, I still absolutely hate fighting against Centurion, what an annoying fighting style.

Finally dug back in last night. Man, For Honor is still awesome. That being said, the armor system seems totally different and there's perks to fill up? Ugh, I feel overwhelmed.

That and I FORGET HOW TO FEINT. Argh hah.

edited February 2019
    Yeah, they made so it works like in Monster Hunter, where you now need to get a certain amount of points to activate a skill. And the actual skills are so much less silly than before, no more people gaining revenge after blocking 3 hits for example.

I've been enjoying the game a lot again, I'm almost renown 4 on my Conqueror on PS4. I logged into my PC account and it's funny to see that I have 38 premium packs and 38K salvage.

I read this post on reddit, and it lays out all the changes we've seen to the game. I remember I stopped playing mostly because of the Centurion death squads absolutely ruining Dominion (And probably other games came out).

Satsumomo on
    I love the new armor system. Fun enough perks to work for, but nothing so broken or OP as to create completely one-sided match-ups.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I love the new armor system. Fun enough perks to work for, but nothing so broken or OP as to create completely one-sided match-ups.

Noticed it was free on PS+ this month so I hopped back in as well.

The new gear system is so much better than it was. I apparently still have the muscle memory to parry the highlanders unbreakables every time. This will be fun

Some things that took me a bit to get used to was being able to parry lights now, and also no guaranteed GB on parries. I still remember how much of a turtle-fest it had become, where attacking first was the worst thing you could do.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    j3h0pongv2jg.jpg
    For Honor - Standard Edition free to keep on Uplay:
    https://register.ubisoft.com/forhonor/

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I have been having a fabulous time with this. Good to still remember how to play.

steam_sig.png
    For Honor is a great game because fighting games are the best games.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    It is far better than season 1

Reinstalled again to play around. Mostly because of https://youtu.be/4OjfMnQs020

Shugoki got another changeup recently, Headbutts don't really cause the kind of Stamina damage they did before. Since I barely played them before, I'm trying out some of the Wu Lin guys, and I like the Zhanhu. Chopping off limbs for days.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Reinstalled again to play around. Mostly because of https://youtu.be/4OjfMnQs020

Shugoki got another changeup recently, Headbutts don't really cause the kind of Stamina damage they did before. Since I barely played them before, I'm trying out some of the Wu Lin guys, and I like the Zhanhu. Chopping off limbs for days.

I come back to this game in bouts and honestly, it all really feels like they need to make For Honor 2, now that they are aware they are making a fighting game.

The foundation is flawed, cause they thought it would be a third person action game, but it isn't.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Still my favorite For Honor one of those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubN8qYjXZ2s

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
    edited September 2021
    I do like his Wow Wow one, yeah. IP is great.

E: I'm an idiot, that's yung maestro

https://youtu.be/4gjZ4mow9ec

Dac on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    This is still my favorite game I'm garbage at

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »

I come back to this game in bouts and honestly, it all really feels like they need to make For Honor 2, now that they are aware they are making a fighting game.

The foundation is flawed, cause they thought it would be a third person action game, but it isn't.

I've stopped coming back

because they started making a fighting game and I fucking hated it.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited September 2021
    All PvP games are fighting games if you are reductionist enough :).

Bizazedo on