As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trump Campaign Rally in Poenix Arizona! Also apparently speech today at 2?

12346»

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Welp, that aside of ISIS using the internet was incoherent

I wasn't watching. Is it his normal ISIS internet aside?

Usually it goes sort of like this:
    "We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people… we've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they (ISIS) are recruiting by the thousands, they are leaving our country and then when they come back, we take them back."

Something like this. He said that they were on the internet in a way that shouldn't be allowed.

I'm betting that part about seeing Gates or someone who really understands didn't happen.
    Because that would require Trump admitting that he doesn't understand something.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Welp, that aside of ISIS using the internet was incoherent

I wasn't watching. Is it his normal ISIS internet aside?

Usually it goes sort of like this:
    "We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people… we've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they (ISIS) are recruiting by the thousands, they are leaving our country and then when they come back, we take them back."

Something like this. He said that they were on the internet in a way that shouldn't be allowed.

I'm betting that part about seeing Gates or someone who really understands didn't happen.
    Because that would require Trump admitting that he doesn't understand something.

I mean, he just effectively stated that he thinks Bill Gates is in charge of the internet.

He's already admitted he has no idea what any of this means.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bill Gates was not mentioned no.

I'll be honest, after it became clear this was Trumpter (as opposed to Unscripted Trump) I stopped listening very carefully. I can only override my cerebric defense mechanisms for so long.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Bill Gates was not mentioned no.

I'll be honest, after it became clear this was Trumpter (as opposed to Unscripted Trump) I stopped listening very carefully. I can only override my cerebric defense mechanisms for so long.

WARNING: Do not listen directly to Trump with the naked ear. Even when Trump is partially eclipsed by a teleprompter, permanent brain damage can still result from prolonged exposure to stupidity of this magnitude. For your safety, observe Trump only through officially-approved filters.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Edit: accidental post

Veevee on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Marauder wrote: »
    Depressingly, the internet has confirmed you can buy tear gas canisters from "home defense" websites though they are quick to point out that it may not be legal to possess in your home state. Only 4 states outright block their purchase.

Its a day that ends in Y that I continually am amazed at the fact that we allow all the tools for domestic terrorism to be purchased freely and then wonder why we have such incidents....

2nd Amendment says Arms, not Guns.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Fairchild was warned for this.
    And here, in High Definition, we have the Top 5 remixes of that Phoenix anarchist loser getting shot in the yarbles: http://www.dailywire.com/news/20140/top-5-versions-antifa-protester-being-hit-balls-jacob-airey#

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Why would we care about that except to be outraged at the facists reveling in violence?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Antifa? Back in my day we use ta just call em' BLM protesters. Well, I guess it's a might shorter, so that's alright.

"But that was two weeks ago, ArbitraryGrandpa!"

I really hope my grandkids just assume I've gone senile when I tell them people used to unironically use "antifacist" as a scary perjorative and were not laughed right out of town.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Well the KKK will likely (hopefully?) be correctly seen as a proto-fascist organization by then and that Trump and his supporters are the next wave of that

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Antifa? Back in my day we use ta just call em' BLM protesters. Well, I guess it's a might shorter, so that's alright.

"But that was two weeks ago, ArbitraryGrandpa!"

I really hope my grandkids just assume I've gone senile when I tell them people used to unironically use "antifacist" as a scary perjorative and were not laughed right out of town.
    I think they're trying to get it like the Red Scare.
    It makes me think of a (possibly apocryphal) story I heard about someone in Hollywood:
    "I want [someone] fired, he's a communist!"
    "Uh, he's an anti-communist."
    "I don't care what kind of communist he is, I want him gone!"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Why would we care about that except to be outraged at the facists reveling in violence?

I love the terminolology of the right..

Child: Who are those guys laughing at that protester getting hit?

Parent: oh, those are American right wingers. They believe in a vaguely defined anti-globalism, are anti-immigration and anti-free trade. They think the federal government should only be involved in defense and immigration enforcement and regulation and law enforcement should be done on a local level if at all. They further believe in distributing military grade weaponry to the general population as a check on state power. Economically they believe in a broad, vast reduction of the role of the government in social services, economic regulation and stabilization, taxation, and generally have said they think the government should be small enough to drown in a bathtub.

Child: oh, why are they making fun of that guy?

Parent: Because he's an anarchist! *rimshot*

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    But they were all rambling and contained no substance at all?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I like how it takes him 10 min to type a single Tweet yet still manages to misspell words.

Edit: hah, and then deletes the tweets when it's pointed out he never uses autocorrect.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I was really confused until I noticed that the forums were eating Tweets again.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Forar wrote: »
    That's actually due to the tweets themselves being deleted.

Just another reason to use the real press secretary bot:

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah Obama was famous for being a terrible orator.

:rotate:

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

He was/is if you have trouble parsing nuance, are baffled that someone can enunciate 4-5 syllable words without obvious signs of strain or deep concentration, and/or feel that a true rhetorician must throw in playground insults every paragraph or two.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

He was/is if you have trouble parsing nuance, are baffled that someone can enunciate 4-5 syllable words without obvious signs of strain or deep concentration, and/or feel that a true rhetorician must throw in playground insults every paragraph or two.

That's what he had Luther for.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

Fun fact, Trump is violating the Presidential Records Act every time he deletes a tweet

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    To bad the Democrats have no one who makes sure they say the right thing before they submit their tweets!

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    The Democrats can spell "there," Mr. President.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

Again, this is just incomprehensible to me. You are the incredibly rich corrupt and sexist president of the United States. If you want to communicate by tweet, at all hours of the day, hire yourself three tweet transcribers and have each of them follow you around 8 hours of the day. Whenever you want to tweet, you tell them what you want to say. They write it down, check the spelling and tweet it out. No more spelling errors or ten minute intertweet gaps.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

Again, this is just incomprehensible to me. You are the incredibly rich corrupt and sexist president of the United States. If you want to communicate by tweet, at all hours of the day, hire yourself three tweet transcribers and have each of them follow you around 8 hours of the day. Whenever you want to tweet, you tell them what you want to say. They write it down, check the spelling and tweet it out. No more spelling errors or ten minute intertweet gaps.

That's a feature, not a bug for Trump.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    The Democrats can spell "there," Mr. President.

Um.. Please don't spread fake news. The President knows how to spell 'there' , he just doesn't know how to use it. Big difference. JOBS!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Fun fact, Trump is violating the Presidential Records Act every time he deletes a tweet
    I've been assuming that at this point somebody has set up some automated system that saves/prints his tweets for an actual government system instead of, y'know, Twitter's servers. And that this fulfills the record keeping requirements.

Not because I expect competency, but just because I'm cautious.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

That would interfere with the process. From his Thumbs, to God's Ears.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

That's a feature, not a bug for Trump.

That would require him to actually hire someone when he's left numerous major seats unfilled and, in the real world at least, pay them.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I'm inclined to agree with Charlie Brooker's theory that Twitter is simply the most popular and most destructive mobile phone game. It certainly feels like Trump is treating it as such.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I bet donny is a single index finger hunt and peck kinda guy. He's way too slow to double thumb type.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular

I think this is actually how Republicans see it.

The whole teleprompter nonsense, and saying he um's and ah's too much when thinking while speaking.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I think they mostly can't believe that a black guy is one of the greatest orators of our generation

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think they mostly can't believe that a black guy is one of the greatest orators of our generation

Ironic considering one of the most famous orators from around their generation was MLK.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

Literally can't. As in conceptually unable.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

I've been assuming that at this point somebody has set up some automated system that saves/prints his tweets for an actual government system instead of, y'know, Twitter's servers. And that this fulfills the record keeping requirements.

Not because I expect competency, but just because I'm cautious.

Twitter "donated" their archive to the Library of Congress. So it is recorded there. LC was "thrilled" to receive it.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

I do find it fascinating that people who oppose antifa are cheering at right-wing violence being perpetrated by the state in order to counter peaceful assembly. And by "fascinating", I mean "blindingly obvious".

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Okay I think we're done talking about Trumps speeches in here.

Geth, close the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.