Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: »
    I'm taking a look at Curilla after pulling her LM and SSB relics and both seem good, but how good exactly is her SSB? It seems pretty exceptional on first glance

Curilla's SSB is bonkers when you need it. It was MVP on Mandragoras in MP.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I'm taking a look at Curilla after pulling her LM and SSB relics and both seem good, but how good exactly is her SSB? It seems pretty exceptional on first glance

It just seems universally useful due to the medica effect, even without the esunaga

I guess you just load her up with lifesiphon and the utility move of your choice?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Hm. I should really work out my assets for magicite dungeons.

By element:
    FIRE
    Sephiroth OSB
    Steiner BSB+Imperil
    Krile BSB (+Sheepsong)

LIGHTNING
    Ashe BSB+OSB
    Lightning SSB2+OSB
    Orlandeau OSB
    Fran SSB(Imperil)

ICE
    Snow BSB

WIND
    Zidane SSB+OSB+BSB(Imperil)
    Fang BSB
    Cid BSB

WATER
    Rikku BSB(Imperil)

EARTH
    Guy SSB(Imperil)

(Not shown: like fifty thousand holy and dark relics that I can't use yet.)

General utility:
    BUFFS
    Ramza Shout+Chant+USB
    Onion Knight BSB (+OSB)
    Sazh BSB
    Minfilia SSB
    Papalymo SSB
    Krile SSB
    Yuna BSB
    Raines BSB
    (Zell BSB)

HEALS
    Vanille BSB (soon-to-be fully dived)
    Eiko USB
    Relm BSB

Lightning and Wind really ought to be doable somehow. Maybe Fire as well. I'm SOL in terms of Ice/Water/Earth obviously. We'll see where I am after another month I guess.

Given the stubborn need for Protectga/Shellga in a format where offensive paladins are useless, I feel like I'm pretty shackled to this for my party format:

-Main DPS (usually OSB)
    -Secondary DPS/Imperil/extra Entruster
    -Buffer w/ Protectga (usually Onion Knight with an off-heal I guess)
    -Buffer w/ Entrust (usually Ramza)
    -Healer (Vanille)

Maybe if the DPS is self-buffing I can cut a buffer for a pure Entruster or a better off-healer, but for the most part this seems to be pretty much it.

You can do wind the same way I did: Ramza for Shout+Chant, two healers (so Vanille and Relm in your case, probably?), an entrust battery, and Zidane to enWind himself and then OSB it to death. In my case, it was Luneth, but principle applies.

Lightning is absolutely doable for you. Let Lightning fend for herself with Ace Striker, building SB and releasing it on en-OSBs. Meanwhile, the Thunder God brings the pain, casting lots of wrath/entrusted OSBs; he gets a 30% damage RM. Use OK for offhealing and the other half of proshellga and give him Battleforged, he'll have VotF charges when you need them to push your DPS over the softcap. Ramza is your wrath/entrust bot, just be careful not to let Shout fall off.

@Jragghen Seriously? So Fang's en-Wind with Ramza (Shout) and Red XIII (BSB) entrusting would work? I tried to math it out, it looked like it would take 12 en-OSBs to take down Golem.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Thinking about Golem.

Why did every single one of my rather silly stable of Enwinds (Luneth, Bartz, Cloud, Freya, Zidane) have to be physical?

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Finally took a stab at those fancy Magicite dungeons, figured I would start with Terra burninating a Sealion. Goofed the first time with refreshing Wall, but got him the second time in 49.67 seconds. Team was Terra, Onion Knight, Y'shtola, Ramza and Rapha. Ramza was there for wrath + entrust as well as the potential to use Tailwind if necessary. Onion Knight and Rapha were using their BSBs, Y'shtola her BSB and Terra has the enFire SSB and OSB. Overall not distressingly difficult, though it certainly was not an easy fight. I got two copies of Sealion, so I leveled that to 50 right away and combined them. The rest I figure I'll just level the normal way for now (Snow Lion, Snowman, Gnoll). I probably won't be activating the Magicite against Sealion the next time I fight him, since I'd rather not do ice damage to him.

It's a shame my ice options are incredibly limited (Squall enIce unique, Laguna imperil ice SSB, Papalymo's enIce SSB), so that one will probably have to wait. Still, I beat Sealion without too much trouble without any magicites, so I'll probably just beat on him a few more times to get copies to level break the ones I have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

It just seems universally useful due to the medica effect, even without the esunaga

I guess you just load her up with lifesiphon and the utility move of your choice?

Most fights healers can normally deal with damage just with their medicas, it's the esunaga that's key. If I bring her out for SSB, it's with double Lifesiphon and Ace Striker RM so she can SB every 3 turns for the whole fight.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Two more Fenrir clears, two more not Enkidus.
    Also Fenrir ate two omega drives each time so 1:06:xx ish clears both times.

Can this FFRK inspector thing see magicite drops?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I would like to boost my Lightning team by completing the Lightning boss, but uh, it just absorbs all my damage :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    What element are you using? The Lightning boss (Hydra) is weak to Earth.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I mean, my most powerful element bar none is Lightning. I'm having to consider using non-Element damage to just beat it to a pulp.

Characters
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Go around the whole circle and come back to lightning last?

Looking at FFRK inspector looks like it is only for android?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Do we not get a Jump Start for XV? They released an entire event with it, just no JS.

Characters
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I mean, my most powerful element bar none is Lightning. I'm having to consider using non-Element damage to just beat it to a pulp.

Beating Golem first might help if you've got decent wind options; the ultra ability is a damage barrier for lightning damage, and magicite that boosts earth damage would be pretty good.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Yes, the various inspectors can see magicite drops. I use FFRKreeper, but I gather setting that up for iphone is irritating.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Do we not get a Jump Start for XV? They released an entire event with it, just no JS.

Like Type-0 and the skipped collab, it wasn't a 'real' full event in Japan. FFXI started 3 days after it and basically ran concurrent.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

Yes, the various inspectors can see magicite drops. I use FFRKreeper, but I gather setting that up for iphone is irritating.

I'm having trouble locating Kreeper, found several posts but they link to a website that says no app found. Its website based correct?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I'm having trouble locating Kreeper, found several posts but they link to a website that says no app found. Its website based correct?

https://ffrkreeper.com/login

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ooooh baby. Ran a more-or-less perfect Fenrir (finally), mastered in 53.9. Dropped Fenrir, not Enkidu - but Fenrir 3* magicite gives wind resistance, which should help against Fenrir.

Same team: Edea (BSB), Rinoa (BSB), Alphinaud (SSB, off-heal/haster), Edward (Faithga/Hastega, wrath/entrust), Y'shtola (BSB). The imperil from the Sealion magicite let Edea do ~36k per cmd1 instead of ~30k, and let Rinoa do ~20k per cmd1 instead of ~16k. However, it only lasts 25 (20?) seconds, and it didn't recharge in time to be reused during the fight. Has anyone managed to get a second use off in a sub-minute finish? Probably much easier to usefully cast it early in physical-based fights.

The visual effect for Slow unfortunately seems to be part of the same rotation as the en-element and Radiant Shield effects. Makes it hard to tell who needs to be re-hasted. I found that fight much harder than Bismarck and Sealion. Should get easier now that I've beaten it once, but I'll need something (much) more before it gets easy.

Apparently, the stat that a magicite uses for an ability is the main magicite's stat plus the sum of the sub magicites' stats multiplied by 1/4 and rounded down. When the main magicite buffs party stats, the stat used is the main magicite's stat plus the sum of the sub magicites' stats multiplied by 1/2 and rounded down; that total is multiplied by the buff level * .01 and then added to the party. A magicite party stat buff will be added after all other character buffs have been applied - magicite stat buffs do not receive the benefit of SB-, ability- or RM-based stat mods (e.g., Shout, VotF, Devotion RM, Legend Materia, etc.). Apparently, magicite stat buffs cannot be used to reach stat thresholds for abilities, such as the number of hits for Edea's, Maria's and Papalymo's cmd1, or the number of hits for Tiamat.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

No JS with this one, no. It's a special, shorter event for the first XV stuff, plus there's only 3 characters available, so JS has to wait.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Narbus wrote: »

No JS with this one, no. It's a special, shorter event for the first XV stuff, plus there's only 3 characters available, so JS has to wait.

3 character jump starts are for torments, not regular events.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'd bet we're getting the elemental banners (Super Fest?) that JP got. Starting 9/12, ending 9/23. Take a look, there are "mystery timestamps" in the datamined list of upcoming events - what else would that be?

• Options
    Daffydd wrote: »
    I'd bet we're getting the elemental banners (Super Fest?) that JP got. Starting 9/12, ending 9/23. Take a look, there are "mystery timestamps" in the datamined list of upcoming events - what else would that be?

FFXII beginner event! New beginner banner with the surprise return of the fan-favorite Danjuro dagger!

• Options
    Hyphothetical: if Bartz is equipped with his Chain spellblade LM2 and a chain spellblade RM, and is using his BSB2 against a Water-weak enemy, what ability would, on average, make for more damage over the course if the fight, if he used it to build his first bar? Watera Strike or Lifesiphon?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hyphothetical: if Bartz is equipped with his Chain spellblade LM2 and a chain spellblade RM, and is using his BSB2 against a Water-weak enemy, what ability would, on average, make for more damage over the course if the fight, if he used it to build his first bar? Watera Strike or Lifesiphon?

I don't think double-casts generate SB meter.

• Options
    Yeah. I was wondering if the extra damage from using a weakness-carrying attack (plus Dualcast damage) is worth a slower rollout of the BSB.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Hm. I should really work out my assets for magicite dungeons.

By element:
    FIRE
    Sephiroth OSB
    Steiner BSB+Imperil
    Krile BSB (+Sheepsong)

LIGHTNING
    Ashe BSB+OSB
    Lightning SSB2+OSB
    Orlandeau OSB
    Fran SSB(Imperil)

ICE
    Snow BSB

WIND
    Zidane SSB+OSB+BSB(Imperil)
    Fang BSB
    Cid BSB

WATER
    Rikku BSB(Imperil)

EARTH
    Guy SSB(Imperil)

(Not shown: like fifty thousand holy and dark relics that I can't use yet.)

General utility:
    BUFFS
    Ramza Shout+Chant+USB
    Onion Knight BSB (+OSB)
    Sazh BSB
    Minfilia SSB
    Papalymo SSB
    Krile SSB
    Yuna BSB
    Raines BSB
    (Zell BSB)

HEALS
    Vanille BSB (soon-to-be fully dived)
    Eiko USB
    Relm BSB

Lightning and Wind really ought to be doable somehow. Maybe Fire as well. I'm SOL in terms of Ice/Water/Earth obviously. We'll see where I am after another month I guess.

Given the stubborn need for Protectga/Shellga in a format where offensive paladins are useless, I feel like I'm pretty shackled to this for my party format:

-Main DPS (usually OSB)
    -Secondary DPS/Imperil/extra Entruster
    -Buffer w/ Protectga (usually Onion Knight with an off-heal I guess)
    -Buffer w/ Entrust (usually Ramza)
    -Healer (Vanille)

Maybe if the DPS is self-buffing I can cut a buffer for a pure Entruster or a better off-healer, but for the most part this seems to be pretty much it.

You can do wind the same way I did: Ramza for Shout+Chant, two healers (so Vanille and Relm in your case, probably?), an entrust battery, and Zidane to enWind himself and then OSB it to death. In my case, it was Luneth, but principle applies.

Lightning is absolutely doable for you. Let Lightning fend for herself with Ace Striker, building SB and releasing it on en-OSBs. Meanwhile, the Thunder God brings the pain, casting lots of wrath/entrusted OSBs; he gets a 30% damage RM. Use OK for offhealing and the other half of proshellga and give him Battleforged, he'll have VotF charges when you need them to push your DPS over the softcap. Ramza is your wrath/entrust bot, just be careful not to let Shout fall off.

@Jragghen Seriously? So Fang's en-Wind with Ramza (Shout) and Red XIII (BSB) entrusting would work? I tried to math it out, it looked like it would take 12 en-OSBs to take down Golem.

Took me 7, I think? I managed it in just under a minute - less than a second, but also with some super inopportune interrupts. That was going through two of the earth barriers over the course of the fight.

My team was:

Ramza (fully legend dived): Lifesiphon/Banishing Strike, Mako Might (Shout, Chant)
    Y'sh (fully legend dived): Protectga, Curaja, Ace Striker (Asylum is all I used her for)
    Eiko: Shellga, Angelsong, Dr. Mog (Prayer of the Lost)
    Luneth (fully legend dived): Sky High (never used), Lifesiphon, Much more damage to weakness
    OK: Entrust, Wrath, Knight's Charge

So there's a few extra benefits I have there, which may make up some of the difference. - Ramza's got Chant, not just shout, and that combines real well with Eiko's burst "increase crit chance" boost. Luneth's also legend dived, which gives wind boost and also lets him start off the battle with two real quick lifesiphons and then casting Wall instantly before Golem does any attacks, so he starts dealing damage quick. So I can't guarantee that strategy will get under a minute with Fang's enWind OSB, but the premise seems like it should work. I was definitely damage capping once all the boosts were up, though.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Yeah. I was wondering if the extra damage from using a weakness-carrying attack (plus Dualcast damage) is worth a slower rollout of the BSB.

It's almost more damage prior to dualcast, would it not be?

Assuming no capping: Waterga Strike is 2.1 (+weakness), Lifesiphon is 1.8, CMD2 is 4x0.54 (2.16, +weakness, +enelement). Cast times are all identical, so yay. Waterga generates 18% on weakness while Lifesiphon generates 30%, meaning it's 6 Waterga actions versus 4 Lifesiphon actions.

Assuming the fight goes long enough that both scenarios use their BSB, it should be:

Scenario A: 6x Waterga Strikes, BSB
    Scenario B: 4x Lifesiphons, BSB, 2x CMD2s

Or: 6x 2.1 Attacks (+weakness) versus. 4x 1.8 Attacks + 2x 2.16 attacks (+weakness, +enelement). This would mean the second scenario maybe is dealing more damage with the two extra CMD2 attacks on account of the en-element damage boosting, but the first scenario is getting weakness hits in. But then bringing dualcast into it, each Waterga Strike would have a 43.45% chance that at least one dualcast goes off.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Does anyone on their phone ever get a white box pop up that says "We're not able to connect. Please check your network settings and try again."? Whenever my phone is in power save mode (or if the signal is weak or broken), the game can't constantly check in with Google Play Services (I think), and freaks out and spams this white box over my screen. I can click to close it, but it pops up again a few seconds later. It's wiped me on Nemesis Infinity constantly today, to the point that the game is unplayable.

Is there any way to disable it in the background, or at least tell Google to leave me alone?

I'm on an Android Samsung S5.

• Options
    Nice. I may have to try that the next time i take on Liquid Flame. Might even try building meter with Engulfing Twinstrike. But I doubt that one will cap before Enwater.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Does anyone on their phone ever get a white box pop up that says "We're not able to connect. Please check your network settings and try again."? Whenever my phone is in power save mode (or if the signal is weak or broken), the game can't constantly check in with Google Play Services (I think), and freaks out and spams this white box over my screen. I can click to close it, but it pops up again a few seconds later. It's wiped me on Nemesis Infinity constantly today, to the point that the game is unplayable.

Is there any way to disable it in the background, or at least tell Google to leave me alone?

I have gotten it. I am unaware of a method for disabling it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

What's always worked for me:
    • Disable automatic clock update
    • Set your clock forward one hour
    • Go back into the game
    • It goes away
    • Go back to automatic clock update

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Same shit happens to me sometimes. Dunno why. Had some success force closing and restarting the app.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Nice. I may have to try that the next time i take on Liquid Flame. Might even try building meter with Engulfing Twinstrike. But I doubt that one will cap before Enwater.

I do know that on my Bismarck attempts, I was starting to force myself to consider having Lightning Thundering Twinstrike to build meter at the start, rather than Lifesiphon. I found that, when using an Entrust Bot, I tended to have plenty of Soulbreak gauge that pushing out extra damage didn't seem to hurt not having as much soul gauge since I was just receiving plenty of it externally.

Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ...hoo boy. I think i want to power-level my ice Espers today and take on Fenrir tomorrow. I really want to try to get Enkidu or Wing Raptor. Hopefully I can do enough damage with Rinoa's ice Chain, and her and Shantotto's BSBs.

Enlong on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I'll get that box every now and again, usually when I've switched on or off WiFi. Usually just once before it leaves me alone, though.

I got a spam of it this morning in conjunction with a Google Play Not Authorized, but I was able to fight through both of those in order to burn some stamina before the issue resolved itself.

• Options
    I really wish Magicite wasn't gated behind the Nightmare fights. I probably have enough to take out any of the fights, but I'm just not super good at the puzzle parts.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    We have the info on how to solve the puzzles, if you need help with that.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Does anyone have a Liquid Flame clear without Tidus OSB (or Chain)? I'm running the #s and I can't figure out how to get it under a minute and I've got some decent aura options, just no imperils, and most people are either only at 80 or would need to be egged there.

Literally every clear I'm seeing is entrust to Tidus OSB, optionally with chain and some other attackers.

edit: For reference, Yuffie BSB, Tidus BSB, Bartz BSB2, and Paine SSB are competing options. But mathing it comes out to 8k/turn off attacks which is borderline given 3 attackers + Ramza + Vanille.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Its more being bad at hitting the right target in moderately stressful environments. I hit the stupid orbs so many times trying to do Omega Drive that I just gave up.

• Options
    I'll get that box every now and again, usually when I've switched on or off WiFi. Usually just once before it leaves me alone, though.

I got a spam of it this morning in conjunction with a Google Play Not Authorized, but I was able to fight through both of those in order to burn some stamina before the issue resolved itself.

Yeah it's a different issue from the Google Play Not Authorized. That one seems to happen once in a blue, and there's usually a thread on Reddit complaining about it. This issue happens to me all day every day, and is a distinctly different error message.

This discussion has been closed.