Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, my other magicite attempts have not been super successful. I think I'm just going to run the one I can do repeatedly until I've got a super levelled magicite and start working my way around the mega man circuit. It may take me a bit, but it'll probably be more fun than scrabbling for purchase. If I get bored I can always go back and try again.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The first two are pretty easy and were when they came out the next batch are pretty Z also specially with power creep there's probably only two that are really annoying and that's going to be the second summoning and the second white magic

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    The first two are pretty easy and were when they came out the next batch are pretty Z also specially with power creep there's probably only two that are really annoying and that's going to be the second summoning and the second white magic

And second summoning does have the "brute force" method with summon-type bursts, particularly alphinaud's.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Liquid Flame clear without Tidus OSB (or Chain)? I'm running the #s and I can't figure out how to get it under a minute and I've got some decent aura options, just no imperils, and most people are either only at 80 or would need to be egged there.

Literally every clear I'm seeing is entrust to Tidus OSB, optionally with chain and some other attackers.

I did it with Bartz and Strago Enwater BSBs. No chains. Used Minfilia (BoL) and Onion (VoF) as Entrusters, first to Strago, then to Bartz. My healer was Larsa (BSB). I mostly had Bartz repeatedly use his BSB entry or command 2 while Strago used his Command 2 for 9999x2.

My clear time was over a minute, but it has room to go under that, if I upgrade Bartz and give Strago a Dualcast RM.

Enlong on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm now seriously looking at Delita's quad-element BSB and wondering if I should just egg him to 99 for Magicite purposes and put him on a team with Eiko.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm now seriously looking at Delita's quad-element BSB and wondering if I should just egg him to 99 for Magicite purposes and put him on a team with Eiko.

His damage output, even at 99, is rather mediocre.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

This was my fear.

Characters
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Some of them are annoying, but most of the annoying ones also have workarounds, like naked ninjas against Ultima or Sephiroth BSB1 against Curada. At this point, the straightforward bosses have been powercreeped to speedbumps. Demon Wall, for instance, can be punched in the face a few times by an OSB in the middle slot for an easy win.

• Options

This was my fear.

tl;dr is that I have that, TGCid's BSB, and Ramza's shout/chant/bsb and couldn't seem to manage a way to do that 3-man 300 torment CM. For whatever that's worth.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Some of them are annoying, but most of the annoying ones also have workarounds, like naked ninjas against Ultima or Sephiroth BSB1 against Curada. At this point, the straightforward bosses have been powercreeped to speedbumps. Demon Wall, for instance, can be punched in the face a few times by an OSB in the middle slot for an easy win.

Lightning can kill Demon Wall in 3 instant speed turns. It's pretty glorious.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Liquid Flame clear without Tidus OSB (or Chain)? I'm running the #s and I can't figure out how to get it under a minute and I've got some decent aura options, just no imperils, and most people are either only at 80 or would need to be egged there.

Literally every clear I'm seeing is entrust to Tidus OSB, optionally with chain and some other attackers.

I did it with Bartz and Strago Enwater BSBs. No chains. Used Minfilia (BoL) and Onion (VoF) as Entrusters, first to Strago, then to Bartz. My healer was Larsa (BSB). I mostly had Bartz repeatedly use his BSB entry or command 2 while Strago used his Command 2 for 9999x2.

My clear time was over a minute, but it has room to go under that, if I upgrade Bartz and give Strago a Dualcast RM.

Oh Strago BSB, that's another really strong one. And you were still over a minute with that? Sheesh.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Whats the site for tracking your Relics?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Continuing my journey around the wheel!

cjlx8y60d24z.png

Fastest time yet for me. I, uh, completely forgot to summon Hydra, so I left two Imperils out on the table. I could probably get pretty close to sub 30 already, here.

Ramza dumped two SB bars to Lightning after his first USB, and most of one bar to Vanille after his second. And a good thing, too, because she didn't have enough bar for another BSB and she really needed to cast one. I need to hone my Wraths to R4, methinks, though he could have just used two extra turns to summon Hydra :rotate:

Raijin did SSB, then BSB, then three C1 and a C2. C2 did 81k damage with two Imperil stacks and I never needed the Last Stand, so I could almost certainly do sub 30 here, come to think of it.

I actually tried Fenrir a couple of times first. It's interestingly different; he doesn't do much damage, he just has Haste and Blink and Slows the party. I am pretty confident I could do a ~1:10 clear on him, slow and steady, with Fran/Zell. I can certainly get sub-1:00 once I pick up a Wendigo from the Sealion fight.

Next up will be Liquid Flame, featuring Tidus BSB and... I dunno who. Probably a Ninja so I can run through my R5 Water Veil, but Terra with her BSB1 (Thanks G11!) and Chain Waterga and Leviathan will probably work just fine.

• Options

Oh Strago BSB, that's another really strong one. And you were still over a minute with that? Sheesh.

Yeah, but I have ways to improve it. I think some of my choices for equipment or RMs were subpar for what I was bringing.

But what I really want to boost that is an imperil water. Then, maybe Lore's entry would've done more than 8000 damage total.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Kuja...Kuja hurts.

But down first try, woo. I'd like to thank Lightning's Legend Dive for saving her life:

5geAEIl.jpg

That's Lightning with 188 hp remaining according to the after battle report.

Bismarck also absorbed 1 fire attack, so woo, Magicite doing something.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

edit: For reference, Yuffie BSB, Tidus BSB, Bartz BSB2, and Paine SSB are competing options. But mathing it comes out to 8k/turn off attacks which is borderline given 3 attackers + Ramza + Vanille.

JUST Tidus's OSB? Or his BSB + OSB? Because I have just the OSB of that equation, and am doubting that it'd be enough for a <1 min clear. Was expecting to have to go non-elemental w/Cloud USB and Noctis OSB for Hydra/Liquid since my water/earth situations are poor.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

edit: For reference, Yuffie BSB, Tidus BSB, Bartz BSB2, and Paine SSB are competing options. But mathing it comes out to 8k/turn off attacks which is borderline given 3 attackers + Ramza + Vanille.

JUST Tidus's OSB? Or his BSB + OSB? Because I have just the OSB of that equation, and am doubting that it'd be enough for a <1 min clear. Was expecting to have to go non-elemental w/Cloud USB and Noctis OSB for Hydra/Liquid since my water/earth situations are poor.

I have seen clears with Tidus BSB+OSB and Tidus OSB plus a bunch of other water attackers and CSB.

My other problem is these guys are all 80 and stat wise there's a bunch left on the table.

I'm wondering if it would be better to just farm Bismarck some more instead.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    50 second clear on Hydra with a 1.5 healer strategy (I have a feeling this is going to be common for a lot of players)

Gladiolus @ R3 Gaia Cross/Hailstorm, Truthseeker (BSB/SSB)
    Maria @ R3 Meltdown/Faith, Ace Striker (BSB)
    Yuna @ R3 Titan/Shellga, Dr. Mog's Teachings (BSB2/USB)
    Onion @ R3 Chain Stonega/Protectga, Mako Might (BSB)
    Y'shtola @ Wrath/R3 Curada, Gathering Storm (BSB)

I had to pretty much spam healing with both Yuna and Y'sh to stay alive at the end, Glad Dad helped with his last stand SSB and I had Yuna's USB to prevent a wipe

Hydra dropped so I smashed it together with the guaranteed one, will be nice to say hi to Bismarck with my absurd lightning team as I continue to mega man around the wheel

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Lightning, you have a dualcast LMR equipped.

Proc it

Characters
  • Options

Proc it

Who died and made you Primarch?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I did Liquid Flame yesterday with Bartz BSB2+OSB, which is the bad version of Tidus BSB+OSB. Also brought Rikku BSB to imperil. Was just able to get it under a minute with Ramza on Shout + USB plus one person on Entrust, but it took several times before I figured out the timings on Entrust and unloading SBs.

Now that I know how crazy low the enemy damage output is, I might try to get the time a little more comfortable by switching my healer to Eiko for the crit rate bonus, but I don't think that's going to be anywhere near enough to get it below 30s.

• Options
    How often does Fenrir Slow the team? Am considering trying to have Larsa spam Life Crystal for Astra.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    If you have a spammable magic blink I highly suggest you take it to Fenrir since it blocks withering winds

• Options

Proc it

Who died and made you Primarch?

Look, you just have to remind your hyper-carry from time to time to use her abilities and magical things happen:

CsKIZSK.jpg

She dualcast 4-5 times during that run. Turns out that yes, spamming BSB2 was wrong, since Lightning's OSB was capping from the start, so I was just leaving 20,000 damage on the table.

That run feels like the most efficient I can possibly be, with no obvious mistakes (I even let wall fall off, but Bismarck managed to attack a split second before it faded so I wasn't punished).

Characters
  • Options
    Nothing more spammable than command 1 on Rosa's BSB, sadly.

Er, well, I also have Kimhari's SSB. It's gonna be a Mage team, but maybe I could get something out of it with Ace Striker.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Tidus BSB with shout and ok BSB did pretty pitiful damage against liquid flame. Think I'll have better luck trying to omega drive it with cloud. Legend diving someone offensive seems like a nessecity just to get attack high enough.
    How often does Fenrir Slow the team? Am considering trying to have Larsa spam Life Crystal for Astra.

I'd say once per cast on average. And he casts it pretty often. If you are clearing in 30 sec magic blink might cover it. Maybe with instant cast?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Definitely not gonna be clearing in 30sec. I'm trying to do it with Ice Chain and no Enices.

Well, my strategy is likely to include Larsa, Mog, and Onion, so maybe I can limp past that mechanic with Hastega.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Just realized Vivi's BSB2 magic boost stacks with other magic boosts (Ley Lines, etc), right? Maybe I can get something noticeable going with Vivi's BSB, Ley Lines, and OK's BSB all layered or something.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Just realized Vivi's BSB2 magic boost stacks with other magic boosts (Ley Lines, etc), right? Maybe I can get something noticeable going with Vivi's BSB, Ley Lines, and OK's BSB all layered or something.

Yeah. Vivi's thing is +MAG/-DEF, which stacks with Ley Lines, which is just +MAG.

• Options

Yeah. Vivi's thing is +MAG/-DEF, which stacks with Ley Lines, which is just +MAG.

Oh, just that one does? I was talking about the +MAG/+RES one which is whole-party. So Vivi would be the only one getting the +MAG/-DEF boost. Hm.

• Options

Oh, just that one does? I was talking about the +MAG/+RES one which is whole-party. So Vivi would be the only one getting the +MAG/-DEF boost. Hm.

Oops. I got too specific. Vivi's thing also stacks with +MAG/+RES. It stacks with anything that isn't also +MAG/-DEF (or -MAG/+DEF)

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

Oops. I got too specific. Vivi's thing also stacks with +MAG/+RES. It stacks with anything that isn't also +MAG/-DEF (or -MAG/+DEF)
    Vivi BSB2 gives the party MAG/RES (so it doesn't stack with other MAG/RES buffs). So it'll stack with Ley Lines, or Vessel of Fate, or Metamorphose, but not Heaven's Wrath (T). It also has a +MAG/-DEF command. It's Real Good™.

Fry on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    After all that complaining I just did Curada and Northern Strike.

Curada with:
    Minfilia: Boostga
    Selphie: BSB
    Beatrix: BSB/RW Reunion
    Tyro: Wall
    Y'shtola: BSB

and Northern Cross with:
    Lightning: Dissmissal/BSB2
    TGCid: Tempo Flurry/OSB
    Rikku: Shadowbind/USB
    Tyro: Chain Charge/Wall
    Yshtola: BSB

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Not getting the superfest elemental banners has really kind of killed some of my plans. I was relying on it to be able to pull on the wind/water banner to try to get Rikku's USB and Tidus' LMR so I could have some physical water boosting equipment.

Neither relic will be a part of the Anniversary banners except for Rikku's USB maybe on the free 30 pull? Have to wait for DU#38 for the X-2 banner, or DU#40.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Slammed my head against the wall that is Liquid Flame again to no avail. I have a feeling part of this is a mental block caused by some medicine I am on messing with my head. My water damage does suck, but Paine's SSB is hitting stupid hard, and I only really need one healer. I have the parts I just have to find a way to squeeze everything out of what I have.

I did take Golem down though. Not as smooth as Sea Lion, but once I got my rythm it was all gold. I did learn that I can get Terra to 3 hit with Tiamat using only 2 30 buffs which is fun and painful. Terra w/ USB and full dive using Meltdown and Tiamat, Fujin with full wind gear and BSB, OK with Raging Storm and BSB, Lenna with USB, and Relm with BSB. 56 seconds so the time had me sweating a little, but it's down at least. Next I guess is Hydra probably, but maybe Liquid Flame will yield.

• Options
    Yeah, tried a couple times, water team just flat out doesn't have the damage to do Liquid Flame. Need stronger Magicite or to get them to 99. There's maybe like 100k to go when 1 minute ticks over. Just ended up going to punch Bismarck in the face again.

I have jack all for Earth and insufficient NE options, Water I just failed at. I'm eyeballing Fire and Ice but I only have hybrid pieces for Fire and Ice is a bust as well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Not getting the superfest elemental banners has really kind of killed some of my plans. I was relying on it to be able to pull on the wind/water banner to try to get Rikku's USB and Tidus' LMR so I could have some physical water boosting equipment.

Neither relic will be a part of the Anniversary banners except for Rikku's USB maybe on the free 30 pull? Have to wait for DU#38 for the X-2 banner, or DU#40.

Superfest came 4 days after Magicite started.

30th anniversary was 4 weeks after it. We still may very well get both on more or less the exact same schedule as Japan.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Completed Sealion. Just over 1 minute. Hey, slowly working my way up! No deaths, but lost two medals for damage and one for actions.

Refia bsb, Thancred bsb, Ramza shout and tailwind, Relm bsb and usb, Larsa bsb.

I think I will aim to beat each boss once, then go back once I have a good magicite or better relics.

Ardor on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I should, theoretically, be able to pull off an ice team with Edea's BSB, right? Just pile on some mag boosters to the team, and just have Edea blast Fenrir? Maybe see if I can squeeze a magic blink on to the team?

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Bismarck down in 40.72. This was really easy for me, likely because I am utterly loaded with lightning power:

Lightning - Lifesiphon/Thundering Twinstrike, USB/BSB2, +40% Lightning DMG
    Orlandeau - Lifesiphon/Hailstorm, OSB, +30% Sword DMG
    Onion Knight - Wrath/Entrust, BSB, DMT
    Minfilia - Wrath/Entrust, SSB, Ace Striker
    Y'shtola - Wrath/Curaja, SSB/BSB, MM

Strategy was to get Lightning going first with her USB and BSB, then have Orlandeau jump in. Things were pretty straightforward, except Minfilia died right before she could get off another SSB. That gimped my damage in the last 20% of the fight. I likely could've shaved it down to 35s or so if I'd been better at catching damage, and at some point Lightning's USB fell off before I was expecting it. It's possible I could get it down to sub-30s, though I'm not 100% sure on that since I don't have Noctis SSB.

I tried doing Golem, but even though I can survive just fine through its final phase (my healers were Mog with his BSB and a fully dived Y'shtola, who was Tetragrammaton-ing for 9.8k and had an Asylum entry of 7k), my damage was lacking and I couldn't get to the sub-1m mark. I'll need to retune my strategy - my first run I had OK Entrusting to Alphinaud, but as it turns out he doesn't really need anything past the initial bar because his C1 and Golem's wind weakness lets him stay in burst mode permanently. I'd love to run Gust on OK, but I'll probably get better results just using his C2 and having his ability slots stay Wrath/Entrust to get Alphinaud up and running more quickly.

This discussion has been closed.