As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks for the long form explanation :-)

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Did they change the time Dungeon Updates drop?

They've always been at the regular evening event start time, haven't they?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I thought it used to be a day earlier as well, could be wrong though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388a4xlRxBs

You, too, can sub30 the brand new 4* Magicite right after they're released...

...if you're a giant whale who has everything you could ever want water wise for Tidus and Bartz along with the right combo of support and healer relics and legend dives.

With the damage going out I'm not even sure how we're supposed to beat it if you're not a whale...

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Well of course he has to finish the fight in sub-30s. The battery is low!

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    There were some very lucky double procs that would've ended their run if they didn't happen.

Also, just like now, they're running a double entrust set up, even though his OK bites it a little less than halfway in.

Still, pretty impressive.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    So, there are two announcements set up for tonight, both of them advertising the DU Lucky Draw. The first mentions SSB+ including LMRs, the second is SSB+ but does not mention LMRs.

Either we're getting two Lucky Draws or they decided last minute to remove LMRs from the pool.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Is the DU in an hour or in 13 hours? I thought it was today

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    DU's are typically in the evening, so I'd guess in 13 hours.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think they removed LMR from the pool last time? If so, the one without LMR is probably correct.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    This was the first DU draw where JP had LMRs in the pool. Probably someone queued an announcement, and someone else messed up and forgot to take out the queued announcement before adding their new announcement to the queue. My guess would be they had a sudden realization that they needed to add the LMR language to the announcement so they don't get people complaining that LMRs "aren't Super Soul Breaks or better" even though I gather that the JP language includes LMRs in "SSB or better."

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hm. Retreated from what would've been a 33-second kill this time. Used Onion and Raijin, both with start-with-a-bar.

Maybe if I replace Onion with Alphy (again), have Larsa start the battle with Archadian Draught (or replace him with Yuna and Song for Spira) and give Raijin Battleforged or Gathering Storm. He wouldn't be able to use Aura on turn 1, but he'd be able to use it more often. That and Radiant Shield might make the difference, though I feel like Terra's action speed is a major limiting factor even with Trance.

Edit:

Nope, not quite.

I'll try Locke again (his OSB only his for 55k, but that might be enough if I don't mess up the timings of various actions) and then a 2-entruster strategy with one using DMT (so Terra potentially doesn't need to use Wrath at all after turn 1) before waiting for Shelke's Legend Dive.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    Well of course he has to finish the fight in sub-30s. The battery is low!

The lower your battery the higher your chance of double procs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is Faris' LMR better than her LM1 and LM2?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Depends on what you want to do with her.

Her LM1 and LM2 are pretty clearly geared towards using her to debuff the enemy, which is powerful if you're using most of her soul breaks.

Her RLM is instead geared towards doing more damage with anything, provided the enemy has stats debuffed, which can be useful if you're having her use Thief skills, or are just using Serpent's Gale.

Of course, I find myself with Serpent's Gale and without her RLM.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I'm just searching for another reason to pull on this banner again. I don't actually have anything for her except her USB but its my only wind imperil so I think she'll be on the team a good deal. JP only got one of bartz BSB 2+3 on their 30th festival. Who knows what we'll get though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If you got her USB then it is easy to get the full 20% damage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    It depends. For both.

The LM1 is 15% support damage and the LMR is either 12 or 20% to ALL damage. If you include a non-support damage skill on Faris, the LMR is better. If you have no MND break and no thief or sharpshooter damage than it's kind of a wash.

The LM2 is 40% to stat debuff duration. If you're only using one SB plus support abilities, it does very little (if it's the BSB you can reliably cycle four breaks, I guess). If you're cycling multiple SBs, it's great. If you're running an Entrust or DPS build and you want to minimize the time or meter spent on breaks, it's great.

As someone who only has her BSB and SSB Imperil, if I had her LMR I'd run it in the sub slot for BSB+Off-DPS/Entrust builds or the main slot for Wrath+Imperil+Dash&Slash builds.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Damn. With two Entrusters (one with Mako Might), I can get Terra to do an OSB every turn after the third, but that's not quite enough speed. If I had Omen, it probably would be. Maybe if I can work out a way to hit Trance on turn one. Or maybe I can get that little bit of extra damage if I give Onion Smouldring Fire instead of Protectga (Wing is way less dangerous than Blizzaga).

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Meltdown on Terra with Shell can trigger a turn 1 trance for me at least. That was a Terra self cast though, and I don't know how all the many bonuses I have given her feed into this. Krile should be able to do it as well, and one less Meltdown shouldn't be overly relevant in a 30 second run.

4th Enkidu drop! Let It Go has completed it's mission and gotten me 4 of everything but Wing Raptor. I'M FREEEEEE! No more wind dog for a while. Now on to Hydra to farm an attack boost!

Team AVALANCHE might need a rename soon too since I am not exactly impressed with the damage coming out of Tifa, but we will see. I don't have a ton of earth options so she stays for now. Then again 14k a C2 is not exactly bad in a Magicite dungeon. It just looks like crap when put next to Maria. Moot point I guess for the moment as I doubt Yang coming in to just Imperil earth would bring the net damage up at all.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm gonna have a level 99 Sealion and Taharka before I get a single Wendigo. Not really in any rush to pick those up, but damn. Starting to get annoying.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    Damn. With two Entrusters (one with Mako Might), I can get Terra to do an OSB every turn after the third, but that's not quite enough speed. If I had Omen, it probably would be. Maybe if I can work out a way to hit Trance on turn one. Or maybe I can get that little bit of extra damage if I give Onion Smouldring Fire instead of Protectga (Wing is way less dangerous than Blizzaga).
    Are you still using Krile? Are you running out of Meltdown before the fight ends?
    Wyvern wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    It depends. For both.

The LM1 is 15% support damage and the LMR is either 12 or 20% to ALL damage. If you include a non-support damage skill on Faris, the LMR is better. If you have no MND break and no thief or sharpshooter damage than it's kind of a wash.

The LM2 is 40% to stat debuff duration. If you're only using one SB plus support abilities, it does very little (if it's the BSB you can reliably cycle four breaks, I guess). If you're cycling multiple SBs, it's great. If you're running an Entrust or DPS build and you want to minimize the time or meter spent on breaks, it's great.

As someone who only has her BSB and SSB Imperil, if I had her LMR I'd run it in the sub slot for BSB+Off-DPS/Entrust builds or the main slot for Wrath+Imperil+Dash&Slash builds.
    Just remember that Wrathing is going to gimp her damage if your only boost was a Shout, which is why people try and do Wrath+Steal Power also. I'd probably consider D&S+Full Break instead but at that point start checking the math on what kind of hit she takes from Ace Striker.

--

I've got a 80/99 whale at this point, which is mildly annoying because it's the least useful one for moving onto Liquid Flame again. I'm probably moving on regardless but eh.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Are you still using Krile? Are you running out of Meltdown before the fight ends?

I've switched to a team of Terra, Onion, Larsa, Entruster 1 (Tyro), and Entruster 2 (Ramza).

Honestly, I could indeed switch back to Krile, even though I think her Meltdown was doing less than Smouldring Fire, as I'm no longer using a physical attacker, and having Onion use Smouldring Fire didn't quite get enough damage. The regen from Sheepsong should help in allowing her to spend her turns attacking.

I think my next strategy will be to have Terra trigger Trance on turn 1, and hopefully get enough meter from the entrusters to use a soul break every turn thereafter. I think I can get this if I can replace her one Wrath turn with a Scorching Flames hit. Ramza starts with one bar, so I'll need to experiment to see if he has enough time to Wrath before Terra needs to cast Fire Beam, or if he should Entrust on turn 1.

I found that plain old Firaga can just barely avoid killing Terra when she has no mitigation at all. So I could try that. Elsewise I could check to see if Chain Firaga or Firaja can trigger it after Wall but before Sheepsong.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Does Faris's LM2 extend imperil time?

• Options
    Guy says no. It does specify stat debuffs.

• Options
    Oh... that was the main reason I wanted her LM2.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    This has gotta be some kind of a record

5053thpy25dn.png

Clearly I'm still not optimized here; so many Slows, right through Affliction Break. I just wanted an Enkidu; I'll come back to this chump again much later.

What is your gear for Zell? His damage seems anemic for me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Ok. Krile is doing like 6000 damage, all told, with Meltdown. I think I should swap back to Onion.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Yeah, that's how it's working for me, but it's a little frustrating how that benefits playing her in a way that doesn't play to her strengths. Faris with just USB is great not because of damage (honestly, her USB damage is kinda poor). It's layered breaks to multiple enemies which stack with dances. Her USB + Multi Break + <insert other dance here> means that she, solo, can break one stat 3 times, 3 other stats 2 times, and one stat one time, by her lonesome, to every enemy. Once we get the dualbreak dances, that'll be two stats 3 times. But dances don't deal damage, so...hooray.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    m880C1ol.pngfLbpaFQl.png

Oh. The break level cap for magicite screen REMOVES magicite from the list if they're at the cap, but you don't have a dupe.

Yeah, that makes sense and is not completely imbecilic.

E:
    Actually, the case where you don't have a dupe and it's not at level cap is also wrong.

So basically, all display messages where you don't have a dupe are wrong.

Great work, DeNA

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I've been liking her damage in Magicites. Running with LM1 & LMR, when I'm done wrathing and she gets party buffs back up, her BSB would hit for 20k, USB for around the same amount, then constant 6-7k CMDs on top of ~16k Elemental Sharpshooter uses.

I figure she's contributing at least 150k damage, not counting the minor damage increase she's providing Lightning through the BSB's Full Break.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Oh. The break level cap for magicite screen REMOVES magicite from the list if they're at the cap, but you don't have a dupe.

That's probably a bug, which you could report. Probably some incorrect bangs or parenthesis in their boolean logic.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I think I'm not going to bring the team I expected to Gi Nattak 300 this evening, and that's awesome. I expected the usual Y'shtola and Ramza, plus Aerith for her default SB, Rufus for imperil dark SSB and Sephiroth for his BSB2, with UCloud RW. A pretty straightforward not-Wind-7 team approach to CM3.

But I realized I have the pieces to shake things up! Y'shtola and Aerith, sure, but Cid for not-Shout (no Chant on Ramza), Faris on debuffs and wind imperil (USB! neato!), and Cloud with native USB and +40% wind to summon his BSB2 as RW. I figure BSB->USB->cmd1x2->USB->BSB->cmd1->USB. That sequence should be at least 780k.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »

That's probably a bug, which you could report. Probably some incorrect bangs or parenthesis in their boolean logic.

It looks like it's a holdover from the idiotic way they implemented character level caps because that has all the same issues (as noted in edit, it says you need an MC3 prioritized over needing to level a character), it's just that now MC3s (and MC1s/2s for newbies) are always 'available' as far as the internals are concerned, but for whatever dumb reason, magicite are not.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    My Bismarck team is down to 35 seconds, and that's basically where I'm stuck. Unless I can get rid of my second healer for Kain/Ashe so I can pull out extra DPS, there's not much else I can do. One healer just isn't cutting it.

Savage Breech Blast seems to be the main culprit for murdering me...maybe a bunch of water resist accessories will give Y'shtola a little extra breathing room.

Also looks like I'll have multiple copies of Enki and Bottomswell before I even manage to break the whale's level 50 cap. RNG gonna RNG.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Also I SUPER hate that I need to reserve so many item slots for resist accessories. If i bring enough for every magicite, that's 30 item slots, or go jumping into the vault every time I want to switch up the magicite dungeon I'm tilting at.

I don't care for the way they handle item storage in this game.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    This has gotta be some kind of a record

5053thpy25dn.png

Clearly I'm still not optimized here; so many Slows, right through Affliction Break. I just wanted an Enkidu; I'll come back to this chump again much later.

What is your gear for Zell? His damage seems anemic for me

Zell rocks a 30/30 6* dagger (Locke's OSB), a 17 ATK light armor and a 15 ATK accessory with Moderate Wind Resist. 472 ATK before buffs, he can use Wings Unfurled and still get the 5th Lifebane hit with his Burst Mode and C2 plus either Shout or Vessel+History's Truth.

His Lifebanes hit for ~19k if there's two crits out of five. He's fully dived in the 4* Master node but only one level of dive in his other two 4* nodes.

It's not spectacular damage, but honestly for non-elemental versus a Magicite boss I think 20k/use is fine. And he's buffing my other physical dps by 25%.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    My Bismarck team is down to 35 seconds, and that's basically where I'm stuck. Unless I can get rid of my second healer for Kain/Ashe so I can pull out extra DPS, there's not much else I can do. One healer just isn't cutting it.

Savage Breech Blast seems to be the main culprit for murdering me...maybe a bunch of water resist accessories will give Y'shtola a little extra breathing room.

Also looks like I'll have multiple copies of Enki and Bottomswell before I even manage to break the whale's level 50 cap. RNG gonna RNG.

I only use Relm and Enkidu. I use Relm USB and I might get two uses off to get under 30 seconds. Everyone uses water resist.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Every day that passes is one more day in which I thank RNG for giving me Zidane's Gloves way back when.

Not because of Zidane's LMR, I have nothing on Zidane, but rather because it's a 29 ATK 5* armour piece. And maybe one day it will also boost wind damage on somebody.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

It sounds to me like water resist will make all the difference on your team if you can field it. A set of moderate resist or better will cut the damage waaaayyyyyy down to a typically manageable level. Also, don't under-estimate the value of Last Stand. 30 seconds flies by, and honestly having everyone just barely alive, or even just the one person who gets the kill alive still gets you that 30 second win. Only need to master it once.
    Jragghen wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Yeah, that's how it's working for me, but it's a little frustrating how that benefits playing her in a way that doesn't play to her strengths. Faris with just USB is great not because of damage (honestly, her USB damage is kinda poor). It's layered breaks to multiple enemies which stack with dances. Her USB + Multi Break + <insert other dance here> means that she, solo, can break one stat 3 times, 3 other stats 2 times, and one stat one time, by her lonesome, to every enemy. Once we get the dualbreak dances, that'll be two stats 3 times. But dances don't deal damage, so...hooray.

Her strength is how incredibly versatile she is. Thief's Revenge remains a solid source of damage even if its old as dirt. Sharpshooter skills hit harder than Spellblades and thats BEFORE any ranged weapon bonuses. Dash and Slash is a nasty source of wind damage with or without a dagger, and plays nicely with her USB. She can do a ton when you give her space to shine.

It does suck that her LMR does not appear to combine well with any of her other ones though. LM1 comes close, but almost every support ability is one hit which severely limits how much damage she can throw out there. Increased buff stacking only matters if you are running multiple SBs and breaks which means using those 1 hit support abilities that again just aren't a good source of damage. I really wish they had put more thought into a lot of the LMs in general though. I could care less about 40% increase to support damage, let alone the piddly amount they actually give through LD and LMs combined. There are a few characters like this honestly.

This discussion has been closed.