Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I went ahead and used my third keystone to kill Hydra again. This time I took +30% weakness damage on Rydia, which is a lot more reliable than double cast summon. Kind of wish I had a magic blink that I could fit into a mage party conveniently, but at least I can reliably get 52s victories. I now have all three of the 3* magicite from Hydra, so my next keystone I'll use on Hydra again and be able to level break one of those.

I debated going all in on Cloud (with his USB as my only relic for him) and tackling Golem, but I do want to try for UltraBartz when that shows up and if I do get it I will have to seriously consider Bartz vs Cloud. So I'll just kill the ones I know I can take out so I can get level breaks on my magicites and decide on legend dives later.

I know the holy and dark magicite dungeons open up later, do you have to beat all six of the initial ones to unlock them? I'm pretty sure the alternate RW for Elarra is locked behind beating the six initial bosses, but I'm not sure if the holy and dark bosses are unlocked the same way, or just automatically open.

My Earth options for Hydra are pretty much Ingus and Rydia BSBs. Sounds like you were able to manage the under 1 minute kill. Curious what your set up for it was?

My setup is probably one of the better available at the moment, I think.

Rydia - r4 Titan, r4 Fat Chocobo (BSB + OSB) 1.3x damage against weakness RM
    Maria - Protectga, r2 Chain Stonega (BSB) 1.15x MAG with sword equipped RM
    Onion Knight - r2 Entrust, r5 Wrath (BSB) Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Rapha - r4 Phantasm, r4 Stoneja (BSB) Mako Might
    Y'shtola - Shellga, r5 Curaja (BSB) Ace Striker

Everybody has Moderate or Major Lightning Resist accessories. Onion Knight's first entrust goes to Maria who has a full 4* dive and a fully augmented Blood Sword equipped allowing her to do 6 hit C1 spam without using C2. Any entrusts after refreshing VoF go to Rydia with her full 4* dive and her fully augmented OSB rod to fuel earth aura OSBs. Rapha spams C1 for minimal damage and some extra healing, and has Stoneja to generate meter with if necessary. Y'shtola does catgirl things. First Wall cast is done by Rydia, second is done by Y'shtola right after using Asylum and the bubbles are up. I might be able to drop Curaja for Wrath to fuel more Asylum casts, but it hasn't been necessary.

With this setup, Maria's C1 spam does 6x4k damage, initial entry damage is 8x2k with later ones doing 8x4.5k. Rydia does 2x4k with Fat Chocobo to build meter, and I think 2x6.5k with Titan without the aura, and 2x10k with Titan with the Aura. Rydia's C1 does 4x4k approximately. OSBs with the aura and burst mode do 85k, dropping to like 65k if burst mode drops.

I'm not really sure how to shave more time off the 52s kill, though. I have considered switching Maria to a doublecast RM, but that would then require using C2 to get to 6 hits on C1.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Sealion went down so much easier than the other three I've done. Probably should have started with it.

Think I'm gonna put off Living Flame and Hydra for a while, because of my complete lack of water or earth SBs. It's possible they might be doable anyway, but there's no rush. Gives me something to roll for, and in the meantime I can try to get better at bullying Fenrir.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Of course there's no Magicite that imperils Wind. Ah well, the effects they do have are awesome.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Squall was a doublecasting machine on fenrir. Two doublecast junctions, 2 double cast lowen roars. And even at level 80, Rosa is a BEAST with wrath/USB spam. Which just leaves Lightning and Fire. Living Flame I can't really do until tomorrow, since I still need to master Tidus' BSB before I go in, but once that's done there shouldn't be a huge problem

Javen on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Tidus' BSB is my only En-Water and it has an AoE entry totally unsuited for Living Flame =( Past the ATK cap with +40% with Swords, his re-entries are only doing 35k damage. Sapphire Shot is hitting for 19.5k but still. It would be much better to have his Chain or OSB for this as well. And Terra is an underwhelming second dps entirely.

He doesn't output all that much damage, at least. I need to consult the AI post for this guy, I need every edge I can get.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Well, huh, I'm finally caught back up on all the current events. This was unexpected.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Rius wrote: »
    Tidus' BSB is my only En-Water and it has an AoE entry totally unsuited for Living Flame =( Past the ATK cap with +40% with Swords, his re-entries are only doing 35k damage. Sapphire Shot is hitting for 19.5k but still. It would be much better to have his Chain or OSB for this as well. And Terra is an underwhelming second dps entirely.

He doesn't output all that much damage, at least. I need to consult the AI post for this guy, I need every edge I can get.
    Shit, that's at least better than me. I was doing Sapphire Shots of 13k and C1s of 8k with him. (I said I was coming short on damage...)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Expert golem! Alphinaud, Fujin, Larsa, Relm, OK bursts. With +40% gear and 30% weakness hit rm, Fujin could cap gust and raging storm with OK burst.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Apparently there are going to be weekly missions starting in a couple days to clear three and six magicite dungeons, each awarding an extra keystone. So you'll be able to farm up nine 3* magicites per week if you're diligent.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Well, Got Liquid Flame to about 30% with my Lightning team. Then I ran out of hones. Hmm.

He did like, 0 damage leading up to that point too. Y'Shtola refreshed Asylum at one point while everyone still had a previous bubble still active. Think I can drop healing I guess.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    What is the ideal setup for an entrust unit? Is it Entrust + a utility move of choice or are you trying to just go hard with Wrath + Entrust and equipping that unit with Dr. Mog/Mako Might?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    You go hard with Wrath/Entrust, and Mogs/Mako are optional with Ace Striker/Battleforged being the obvious alternative.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Wonder if Gaia's Cross/Entrust powered by the Lionheart RM could work...

• Options
    Getting hit gives you 50 SB meter, with Lionheart it's 75. A single cast of Wrath is 150, with Battleforged it's 225. It's really not that close at all, unless you're fighting some boss like Vossler who does quadruple attacks that are Tauntable.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »

The BSB is mostly for the en-water for his OSB capping, yeah. I'd use it once and only once

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Bismarck beaten, 3 medals lost, 1:07:43.

Also,earthen wall does NOT stack with asylum, for those curious.

I think I'm going to pause and level my magicite some before tackling any others.

• Options
    That sad feeling when Lightning does far and away so much more damage than anyone else you have, such that she easily, by a long shot, deals more damage on every Magicite boss that isn't the immune to Lightning one, through resistance.

On the upside, hey, I can farm Bismarck.

Characters
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Fenrir down at around 50 seconds, full medals.
    Rosa: Wrath/Protectga, USB, Ace Striker
    Onion: Curada/Shellga, BSB, Mako
    Edward: Entrustbot, Song of Swiftness, Dr. Mog
    Rinoa: Vali/Chain Blizzaga, CSB, BSB2, Scholar's Boon
    Edea: Didn't use, BSB, Mischievous Sprite

It took like thirty seconds to get everything online at the same time, but when it got there the dude melted super fast. I didn't catch Edea's damage, but Rinoa was hitting 40k on command 1, which was pretty sweet.

I'm actually not looking forward to farming some of these guys. Fenrir and Golem have enough RNG that just a little push in the wrong direction can completely fuck up what I'm doing. Hydra might do a lot of damage but it can't surprise me, so it's a reliable farm.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Squall BSB2 actually has a visual effect showing stocks of draw + junction now which is nice

Trying Bismarck tonight, that damage looks spicy

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Couldn't get FFRKreeper working, just gives an infinite dancing black mage. That being said...

If you want to know drops on iphone, here's what you have to do.
    Install Fiddler.
    Follow these instructions both on the computer and on the iphone
    http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/ConfigureForiOS

If everything is setup correctly, you can go to fiddler, hit find, and type in dena.
    There should be a line on the left pane that says get battle init. Click on that line on the left pane, and in the right pane click JSON tab as shown.
    tcvm22wmind8.png

Expand JSON battle Rounds {} enemy {} children {} drop item list {} and get the item id

Almost done.

Go to this spreadsheet and scroll to the very last column to find the drop id of the thing you are looking for.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit#gid=195881060

This should work for all drops, including RMs, motes, crystals, orbs, magicite whathave you. To me it is worth it for magicite since you only have 1/3 chance per day to get what you want.

In semi-related news Enkidu get!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38.70 Bismarck, woo.

That was almost a sub-35 too, but Lightning's USB wore off so the last Thunderfall had to be fully cast. Looks like Orlandeau does in fact beat out Ramza Entrust Bot.

Characters
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Squall BSB2 actually has a visual effect showing stocks of draw + junction now which is nice

Trying Bismarck tonight, that damage looks spicy

Does it? I didn't notice anything especially different; what's the effect?

• Options
    So JP hasn't even gotten a whiff of 4* Magicite right? I imagine we'll be building up for quite awhile yet, finally culminating in the 5* iconic summons of ifrit, shiva etc, and another 3 years from now finally get Bahamut

• Options
    Note to self: stop being lazy and unlock Lionheart. I actually need three sources of +SB generation.

Characters
  • Options
    We already have them, so I'd be okay with them using other things for high Magicite.

It'd be cool if they weee something off the beaten path, like Ziusudra's Sin or Promythean Fire.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Cleared Bismarck in 58.10, with a party like this:
    Shantotto (Sudden Thunder, BSB/CSB, Devotion)
    Cid (Lifesiphon/Tempest Snipe, Imperil Lightning SSB, Battleforged)
    Onion Knight (Wrath/Entrust, BSB, Ace Striker)
    Mog (Faith, BSB, Dr Mog's Teachings)
    Y'shtola (Wrath, BSB/Aetherial Pulse, Mako Might)

Gonna switch out Shantotto for Alphinaud and Cid for whatever is my best imperil wind option (probably Faris) and take a go at Golem next.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Man the 180 difficulty Nemesis fight is kicking my butt

Is it dumb to try and clear it with physical dps? His slow move is brutal when it lands on them, but my mage team is sitting at an almost uniform level 65 right now and that seems super low

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Productive day! Finished all the Rebirth dungeons, legend dove Vanille, caught up on my leftover Nightmare bosses (Tritoch wasn't nearly as bad as I'd been led to believe...at least using a guide), and embarked on my first journey into the magicite dungeon.

Bismarck, 54.95 clear:
    -Lightning (SSB2+OSB)
    -Orlandeau (OSB)
    -Ramza (Shout, Chant+USB unused)
    -Onion Knight (BSB)
    -Vanille (BSB, legend dive)

Lightning and OK drowned on the second-to-last turn, so I missed mastery. Since I wound up needing to use Shout instead of Ramza's USB for Lightning's sake, I could have used Minfilia SSB instead and probably saved it. Even with her aura Lightning wasn't really hitting any harder than Orlandeau (they were both around 60k), so I might have been better off running Fran for the imperil and funneling all the entrusts into Orlandeau. Also, since Orlandeau can self-buff some, I could have kept Ramza and then run Eiko or Relm instead of Onion Knight to make it safer.

I'm a liiiitle worried about future runs after seeing what my damage output looked like here. I'll probably try Golem next and then Sealion tomorrow.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Anyone have a single healer Sea Lion clear? Keep getting exploded even with fully legend dove Vanille. Once the imperil starts stacking up, the two turns he gets to my one from speed just start dropping people.

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    In less frustrating news
    Tomorrow's MP is Minotaurus and he should be kind of a joke.

Notes:
    • Holy Weak
    • Vulnerable to Slow
    • Buffs self with Shell
    • Status effects: NAT ST Doom, NAT AoE physical + high chance to Poison, (Weak, V. Weak) NAT AoE physical piercing + high chance to Poison
    • Stat changes: AoE -DEF
    • Other attacks: PHY ST, PHY 2 random targets, BLK ST earth, PHY ST 3 hits, PHY AoE, Counter Physical with ST PHY, (Weak, V.Weak) BLK AOE earth

What to bring:
    • Mixed mitigation and buffs
    • Optional drawtaliator
    • Earth resistance accessories
    • Holy damage out the wazoo. Bring a Dispel if using Raines/WHMs

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Anyone have a single healer Sea Lion clear? Keep getting exploded even with fully legend dove Vanille. Once the imperil starts stacking up, the two turns he gets to my one from speed just start dropping people.

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

I did it with a team of Locke OSB/Balthier SSB/OK BSB/Minfilia SSB/Y'shtola BSB and got it in 57s, so it's perfectly doable with a single healer. Granted, Last Stand helps - it triggered twice for me.

I favored Locke over Refia because his OSB is at fast cast speed, while even with en-fire Refia was doing some rather pitiful damage (16k on her C1 and maybe 5k a hit on her entry). This is also because I have a 6* +fire weapon (Gladiolus's OSB), so that might influence things.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Darklyre wrote: »

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

I did it with a team of Locke OSB/Balthier SSB/OK BSB/Minfilia SSB/Y'shtola BSB and got it in 57s, so it's perfectly doable with a single healer. Granted, Last Stand helps - it triggered twice for me.

I favored Locke over Refia because his OSB is at fast cast speed, while even with en-fire Refia was doing some rather pitiful damage (16k on her C1 and maybe 5k a hit on her entry). This is also because I have a 6* +fire weapon (Gladiolus's OSB), so that might influence things.

It seems like you were entrusting to Locke? Yeah, I don't have any OSBs. I do have his en-fire SSB, Terra's en-fire, and Braska's en-fire SSB as other theoretical options but not nearly enough hones to do anything with that. 4 more Fire Crystals and I could craft R1 and R2 Meltdown I guess.

And yeah, if I had Last Stand then that would've kept people alive too I guess.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hm. I might be able to do Golem after all. I forgot that Strago can be used for Wind. I wonder if he can hit 9999 on a Slight weakness without Enwind if he gets one layer of MAG boost.

Enlong on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

It seems like you were entrusting to Locke? Yeah, I don't have any OSBs. I do have his en-fire SSB, Terra's en-fire, and Braska's en-fire SSB as other theoretical options but not nearly enough hones to do anything with that. 4 more Fire Crystals and I could craft R1 and R2 Meltdown I guess.

Do you have Radiant Shield?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

Do you have Radiant Shield?

I do but I don't know who to sub out if I wanted to try that. I still have enough resources to egg Alphinaud to 80 for his.

I would need to then find another Haste and sub Rikku out as I'm assuming Alphinaud's offhealing at that point. Egg Potato to 80 for Ley Lines, Mog to 80 for Love Serenade, Serah's Endless Blessings, or Ramza's Shout. If Serah or Potato, I'd give them Chain Firaga and maybe make Meltdown, if Ramza I would probably just feed meter to Krile for more entries. Mog just spams C1 for healing, which means I'd give Alphinaud a damage spell in this case or something.

How much damage was Radiant giving you?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Bismarck down in 50 seconds once I figured that Ramza was redundant and last stand was needed so I swapped in Minfilia (Glad Dad SSB does the same thing)

Lightning @ lifesiphon/thundering twinstrike, ace striker (USB/BSB2)
    Orlandeau @ lifesiphon/dark bargain, battleforged (OSB)
    Minfilia @ lifesiphon/full break, mako might (SSB)
    Onion Knight @ chain thundaga/protectga, Dr. Mog's Teachings (BSB)
    Y'shtola @ wrath/shellga, gathering storm (BSB)

• Options
    Mog BSB is a strong option for Mage teams, just in general.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Mog BSB is a strong option for Mage teams, just in general.

Problem is it's the entire half of the roster I wasn't using before, so I need to egg up and dive everyone if they have useful tools since this content's hard enough to demand it. The ultimate in First World Problems.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

I did a Sealion 1 healer, and it was really rough to get going

Terra SSB/OSB w/ wrath and meltdown
    Balthier imperil BSB with lifesiphon and whatever
    Ramza Tailwind SB/USB with Lifesiphon/Entrust
    OK BSB w Wrath/Entrust
    Yshtola BSB w/ shellga/curaja

Everyone was in the back row to help with the physical damage. Shell/Wall/VOF went up turn 1, with Ramza using Wall first, then Tailwind turn 2 to protectga and heal since sealion has probably done at least one aoe in that time. Once everything is set up, Terra started building meter, Balthier did nothing but lifesiphon and cast his BSB to keep up imperils, and OK Emtrusted when he could while keeping haste up. Was gonna entrust with Ramza too but his USB ended up really coming in handy for the extra MAG bump and quickcast to get the kill in under a minute

• Options
    Understandable.

This discussion has been closed.