Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I think I need to get over trying to do sub 1-minute clears for some of the Magicite I don't have optimal SB options for. Like, if it takes 90 seconds (using Y'shtola as a healer/extra wall), that's fine, because the <1:00 clears are just Arcana, but exp is easy to come by from any other source, and we'll be farming Magicite once per day on average.

So here's to trying Sealion with a team of Locke (SSB/BSB), Galuf (BSB) and Edge (6 hits of capped Engulfing Flames and Ruby Spark to fuel Doppelganger and Inferno).

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Ahahahahaha! Zell, you magnificent bastard!

Sealion mastery: 0:59.87(!!!)

-Steiner - SSB2+BSB
    -Zell - SSB+BSB
    -Minfilia - SSB
    -Onion Knight - BSB
    -Vanille - BSB (Legend Dive)

For the first attempt I had Sephiroth with OSB on the second slot and it was too slow; I wiped after Wall went down and even if I hadn't it would have been like a 1:15-1:20 at best. I was about to give up, but I decided to try Zell, since his personal damage is okay and the crits would help Steiner. It seemed like I'd blown it on the timer but Zell somehow managed to squeeze out one last insta-BSB at the moment of truth. Steiner took the Entrusts and wound up doing BSB > SSBx2 > BSBs with his meter. I really need to remember that Zell can potentially have merit in any of these teams as a sort of imperil-alternative if whatever physical hits I'm doing aren't too close to capping.

@Spectrum , I guess this wasn't technically single-healer since Onion Knight had Curada and I had Minfilia's Last Stand, but Vanille did almost all of the work by herself. Everyone except Vanille had ice resist accessories.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: »
    Man the 180 difficulty Nemesis fight is kicking my butt

Is it dumb to try and clear it with physical dps? His slow move is brutal when it lands on them, but my mage team is sitting at an almost uniform level 65 right now and that seems super low

In the OP, there's a link to a discord chat - you could see if some folks could help you out. 180's not bad, we can carry two bodies over the finish line.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha! Zell, you magnificent bastard!

Zell. Zell! That's right! I have pretty good non-elemental damage in Zell and he can boost the other physical members! Wyvern! You're magnificent!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

Is it dumb to try and clear it with physical dps? His slow move is brutal when it lands on them, but my mage team is sitting at an almost uniform level 65 right now and that seems super low

I've been farming it with a physical team with two healers. I actually haven't ever seen him use Ultra Spark :0

Obviously you need to use a medica immediately to recover from Ultimate Armageddon setting your HP to 1. Other things to keep in mind:
    - Counter Ultima is going to happen every 10th counterable hit. If you're going with two healers, this means the first counter is going to show up about the time your first Lifesiphon-wielding character has a bar to cast a SB. If someone's in critical condition, wait until a healer can patch them up before triggering the counter!
    - Other than Counter Ultima, the only magic damage is Ethereal Cannon, which is easy enough to patch up with cures, so I wouldn't worry too much about breaking magic
    - Armageddon is piercing physical damage, so it helps a lot to stack ATK breaks. As a bonus, the ATK breaks will also help against Ultra Spark

If all else fails, try to do it in multiplayer. It shouldn't be too tough to win with random players, if you can get enough people to fill your room.

Fry on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Are the 1* and 2* magicites worth leveling up? Or should I just stick with the 3* ones for all slots?

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Are the 1* and 2* magicites worth leveling up? Or should I just stick with the 3* ones for all slots?

Every 1* and 2* magicite is strictly inferior to at least one of the 3* magicites, so in the long run you won't be using them. They could be handy while you're getting started.

Eventually they might be useful for "magicite inheritance," so once I have a good supply of 3* magicites I'm going to start shoveling my 1* and 2* magicites into the Vault until we have the full details from JP on how the inheritance works.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Fry wrote: »

I've been farming it with a physical team with two healers. I actually haven't ever seen him use Ultra Spark :0

Obviously you need to use a medica immediately to recover from Ultimate Armageddon setting your HP to 1. Other things to keep in mind:
    - Counter Ultima is going to happen every 10th counterable hit. If you're going with two healers, this means the first counter is going to show up about the time your first Lifesiphon-wielding character has a bar to cast a SB. If someone's in critical condition, wait until a healer can patch them up before triggering the counter!
    - Other than Counter Ultima, the only magic damage is Ethereal Cannon, which is easy enough to patch up with cures, so I wouldn't worry too much about breaking magic
    - Armageddon is piercing physical damage, so it helps a lot to stack ATK breaks. As a bonus, the ATK breaks will also help against Ultra Spark

I've been farming it with a physical team with one healer, and I'm using her because she's not at 99 and had SBs to learn. An instant curaja or Y'sh's BSB would make it even easier.

Cloud: (Demons Blood) Omega Drive R2
    Iris: (Holy) Def Breakdown Dance | BSB
    Refia: (Def Break) Lifebane R2
    TGCid: Full Charge (Thunder God RM)
    Ramza: Afflict Break/Full Break | Shout
    RW: Wall

Cloud and Refia have weapon damage RMs, Cid has Thunder God mode, the other two Dr Mog/Mako. If Cloud/Refia have better ATBs than Ramza (enough that they'd go before he Shouts), they use their other skill, although generally I'll just S/L if Ramza's ATB is shitty enough. If Iris's starting ATB is good, she can def break immediately and still have time to BSB before its first attack.

Otherwise, it's basically just faceroll. Cloud caps easily. Refia does ~9k a shot once the breaks are up. Cid does ~7-8k. Damage is fast enough that he only uses Ethereal Cannons (and one Counter Ultima) until at around 5% HP, when usually (but not always) he gets off an Armageddon. Usually people are on their last ability use, but I've never had anybody actually have a turn up when they've run out of Omega/Lifebane. No death rains or whatever they are. I generally have Iris C2 once just to be safe, but it's not usually needed. It just ensures nobody dies unless he focuses someone down. I've subbed in various instant curaja medicas for wall and that works fine as well. Especially Relm's USB.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Four down, two to go =)

sobykl8jm4um.png

What's Fujin doing in there?!?

zerlr14mp5r0.png

She's a goddamned Ninja, that's what she's doing in there. I made and honed two more R5 Water Veils for this fight, lol. Vanille even pitched in with Waterja.

This fight feels a lot like my Fenrir attempts; less incoming damage, especially if you can keep cycling him, but more incoming status effects. Thanks to the Ninja cast speed from three people, the Stock 2k from Vanille's USB was all the healing I needed for the first part of the fight. Everyone wore KO Resist and I ran with Enki for his Fire Resist buff. That, and I don't have the Magicite that does the Water Imperil yet.

Tidus took a while to get going, but had 30k re-entries, near capped Sapphire Shots, and 12k C1s. Fujin seemed to be hitting harder with Phantasm (8.7k) than Water Veil (7k), which I don't really understand, but she ignored her BSB except for doing the Entry for 5k. Onion did 6.7k Water Veils until Ramza got his BSB up, then he did C2->Chain Waterga for 22k a cycle. Ramza did the obvious.

So, just short of the minute clear, but I made a technical mistake or two that might have made the difference. I also got two clutch dualcast heals from Vanille so it could just have easily gone the other way.

And I've just now realized that Phantasm was doing more damage than Water Veil because Flame Hand is only 50% weak to water. That gives Phantasm the better multiplier, though to really take advantage of that I'd have to level Edge to 99 to get the 40% Ninja materia. And make and hone a second Phantasm. But if I did that and gave it to Ramza, I'd clear a minute easily. Something to keep in mind for next time.

Sealion up tomorrow, which should be a cakewalk with all my Fire options. I'll probably use Kreeper to ensure I get a Wendigo drop because I'll sure need it for my Fenrir fight, I think.

Anybody else on 4/6 cleared so far?

Rius on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Four down, two to go =)

sobykl8jm4um.png

zerlr14mp5r0.png

She's a goddamned Ninja, that's what she's doing in there. I made and honed two more R5 Water Veils for this fight, lol. Vanille even pitched in with Waterja.

This fight feels a lot like my Fenrir attempts; less incoming damage, especially if you can keep cycling him, but more incoming status effects. Thanks to the Ninja cast speed from three people, the Stock 2k from Vanille's USB was all the healing I needed for the first part of the fight. Everyone wore KO Resist and I ran with Enki for his Fire Resist buff. That, and I don't have the Magicite that does the Water Imperil yet.

Tidus took a while to get going, but had 30k re-entries, near capped Sapphire Shots, and 12k C1s. Fujin seemed to be hitting harder with Phantasm (8.7k) than Water Veil (7k), which I don't really understand, but she ignored her BSB except for doing the Entry for 5k. Onion did 6.7k Water Veils until Ramza got his BSB up, then he did C2->Chain Waterga for 22k a cycle. Ramza did the obvious.

So, just short of the minute clear, but I made a technical mistake or two that might have made the difference. I also got two clutch dualcast heals from Vanille so it could just have easily gone the other way.

And I've just now realized that Phantasm was doing more damage than Water Veil because Flame Hand is only 50% weak to water. That gives Phantasm the better multiplier, though to really take advantage of that I'd have to level Edge to 99 to get the 40% Ninja materia. And make and hone a second Phantasm. But if I did that and gave it to Ramza, I'd clear a minute easily. Something to keep in mind for next time.

Sealion up tomorrow, which should be a cakewalk with all my Fire options. I'll probably use Kreeper to ensure I get a Wendigo drop because I'll sure need it for my Fenrir fight, I think.

4/6 here. Got Golem and Hydra left.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Sealion down! Zell did work. Thanks again to @Wyvern for the tip!

trxs02q5nli2.png

Still have a keystone to use, and I'm thinking of trying Fenrir next. My only good ice options are Laguna imperil, and Lulu SSB/BSB. Running a mixed party doesn't seem too effective here, so I might try Zell, Laguna and Lightning, since Fenrir only resists the damage, but I have the USB/BSB2 combo to try to get as much damage as I can out of it. Just need to wait an hour for more stamina.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Gottem, Sea Lion down, 55:30. Thanks to @38thDoe for the reminder/suggestion.

Setup:
    X1i23rQl.pngyvVVlzWl.png
    Notes:
    Major Ice resist on Krile, Moderate on Serah.
    Refia has a thrown weapon instead of my 6* fist in order to get in the backrow as well, judged the safety worth the damage drop off. Her commands and Fires Within are innate ranged but taking half damage on her BSB entry is too unfortunate.
    Partial 4* dives done on Krile and Refia for this. Forgot to 3* dive Alphinaud, going back to do that now lol

https://youtu.be/qk-A58eiZDM

I did get lucky a bit with Vanille doublecasts this time but even just having Alphinaud take the edge off whoever just got hit by the ST damage was enough to keep everyone up until the end (and I slightly misplayed that anyway).

Refinements:
    Curaja R4 in order for Alphinaud to not run out.
    Chain Firaga R3 for Serah to not run out and maybe craft another Firaja R3 instead of Flare. Alternatively managing to knock loose Fire Crystals would get me Meltdown R2 and end the fight a bit faster.
    Use Fires Within up first before BSB commands on Refia. Optionally craft another Chain Firaga R1 instead of Ifrit for Krile to get a little more damage out as well.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I have hydra and flame left. No even weak options at all for earth (Ingus BSB is my only even passable earth anything), and Tidus's OSB is the only water. I plan on finally legend diving Cloud for his 2x cast, and hoping that between him dropping OSB level Omega Drives with one or two double cast, that and Tidus should be enough. Full non-elemental with (hopefully) chained Noctis OSB spam in place of Tidus for hydra is the best plan I have. We'll see if that works.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Anyone have a single healer Sea Lion clear? Keep getting exploded even with fully legend dove Vanille. Once the imperil starts stacking up, the two turns he gets to my one from speed just start dropping people.

I was trying...
    Vanille BSB
    Rikku USB
    Balthier Imperil SSB
    Krile BSB
    Refia BSB

I am regularly clearing it with:

Ysh'tola BSB + legend dive
    Galuf BSB
    Refia BSB
    Ramza Shout
    Celes BSB1

I was using balthier bsb2 before, but it didn't work out. Needed the offheal which Galuf provides.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hmm, I've done all my clears on Fenrir. I'll probably do him again tomorrow to raise the level cap on Enkidu. Enkidu is so good!
    Its going to make everything so much easier. I never would have thought they'd give everyone a way to earn an instant 40% medica +esuna

Then I guess Golem? Or maybe I'll try my Fenrir team on Liquid Flame.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Going through my white mages 'cuz I need to finish up the Reraise and Valigdar-whatever records to get to magicite.

I knew I got Rosa's BSB, but I also somehow got her USB, too.

Yet another example of me just kind of stumbling into amazing healer relics. My white mages are fucking stacked.

Meanwhile, my buffers and debuffers cry out for any love whatsoever.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Got Fenrir down with the proposed above team. Unfortunately Lightning ran out of ability uses with about 30% left in Fenrir's tank, but it was made up for by Laguna and Zell pushing out damage still. Laguna went down to a 9999 Bite a mere second before Zell dished out an Omega Drive, but no big deal. Clear time was over 1 minute, but I'm not too worried about that since I'll need to farm him for Enkidu.

5m32xrw2bye0.png

Sadly, I got Wing Raptor on my kill. I should have maybe utilized FFRKreeper to confirm before the win, but I'll do that on a follow-up kill.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Four down, two to go =)

sobykl8jm4um.png

zerlr14mp5r0.png

Living Flame goes down tomorrow, and I'm honestly wondering why I'm stressing so much about hydra, my earth synergy is fine

• Options
    Wing Raptor is also a good get. Reducing cast time is universally good.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm over here farming Nemesis for Vit Motes while y'all clear the whole Magicite Dungeon. I'm going to overdose on Magicite next week.

• Options
    Man, I'm over here farming Nemesis for Vit Motes while y'all clear the whole Magicite Dungeon. I'm going to overdose on Magicite next week.

You're at least picking up your Keystones, right?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Wind is just such a strong place to farm in general. I'm gonna be bullying Fenrir for a while, I think.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Hmm, I've done all my clears on Fenrir. I'll probably do him again tomorrow to raise the level cap on Enkidu. Enkidu is so good!
    Its going to make everything so much easier. I never would have thought they'd give everyone a way to earn an instant 40% medica +esuna

Jesus, 40%? I assumed it was gonna be, like, 20. I gotta get me some of that...except I don't have any decent ice relics at all. I think I saw someone on Reddit claim they brute-forced it with a dark-imperil team...maybe I'll try to replicate that tomorrow.

• Options
    A Magicite dungeon kill is only 60 Stamina. If that was spent on a Nemesis clear, it was either 4* Vit motes, or it wasn't. Right now, I'm actually lacking in Wisdom motes more than Vit for the people I'm looking to dive. I did a good amount of Nemesis farming prior to the Magicite unlocks and accrued a healthy amount. Tomorrow will probably be a bust though, as it's all about Magicite and party member leveling.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Jesus, 40%? I assumed it was gonna be, like, 20. I gotta get me some of that...except I don't have any decent ice relics at all. I think I saw someone on Reddit claim they brute-forced it with a dark-imperil team...maybe I'll try to replicate that tomorrow.

I'm going to say most ice relics probably aren't helpful. I have Celes BSB2 and Serah BSB and they both did pretty negligible damage. I did it with Hailstorm on Cloud for my only ice attack and radiant shield. Seems like unless you have top tier relics for the element or combos you are better off non elementaling it with whoever your strongest is.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Enlong wrote: »

I think I saw a mathcraft a while back that says that, due to the goofy way time increments in the game, and the exceptionally low value of cast time reduction you get from magicite effects, you actually end up with no practical benefit from Wing Raptor.

In other mathcraft news, someone posted in the last day or two some mathcrafts about Bartz USB. Apparently if you're using the USB, you actually want LM1+LM2 rather than LM2+LMR for maximum expected DPS. I intend to go over those numbers myself at some point, if true that may influence my pulling plans. Though even if the LMR isn't part of the "best" setup, it's certainly still super fun to get the occasional triplecast or quadcast.

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

You're at least picking up your Keystones, right?

Every morning at the same time I do my daily draw.
    Fry wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

I think I saw a mathcraft a while back that says that, do to the goofy way time increments in the game, and the exceptionally low value of cast time reduction you get from magicite effects, you actually end up with no practical benefit from Wing Raptor.

In other mathcraft news, someone posted in the last day or two some mathcrafts about Bartz USB. Apparently if you're using the USB, you actually want LM1+LM2 rather than LM2+LMR for maximum expected DPS. I intend to go over those numbers myself at some point, if true that may influence my pulling plans. Though even if the LMR isn't part of the "best" setup, it's certainly still super fun to get the occasional triplecast or quadcast.

Because the USB chase is Spellblade school but you can't double cast it?

Also, https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/64cs85/math_effective_cast_time_quick_action_lv5_or/

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Well, it's the last night of Nemesis. Farewell, your mote drop rates will be missed

• Options

As you can see in my winning pic, I only used Laguna for ice imperil. Laguna, who has no enaura for ice. He was equipped with Lifesiphon, Lulu's +20% ice dress, and Icicle Shot. Lightning was fully decked to maximize thunder damage and Zell was just doing Zell things with Combat King, Duelist and Omega Drive.

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes synergy there with the 50% crit buff, and Ramza using Chant to pump up all my physical damage, and Lightning is her own wrecking ball, so it does require those specific SBs to bring everything together. It seems like the best set up when you might lack particular elemental SBs to exploit on these bosses.

• Options
    I think the math is probably that the Triplecast chance is so low that, on average, a consistent spell blade power boost will get you more damage.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hmmm.

I have Laguna's Ice Imperil, and Snow's BSB. And Lulu's & Rinoa's BSBs (but probably not using either). Might throw myself at Fenrir tomorrow. That's at least better than Sealion in which all I had was Yda's BSB for fire and no imperils.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Right, the math is that you get the LM1 bonus all the time on all of your spellblades, doublecasts, and the USB chase. The LMR is only adding a chance for triplecast, it does not add anything to the USB chases and the doublecasts you'll be getting from the LM2. The LM2 has higher expected damage than the LMR, since it's 35% for doublecast vs 10% for triplecast.

I still need to go over the numbers myself to make sure the other person's work was correct, since the answer depends on how much of the damage comes from USB chases vs actual abilities. And of course, the LMR still wins on fun points, or if you're ramming into the damage cap, or in cases where the USB chase doesn't work (the ice half of Snowspell Strike, Flare Blade, or Thundering Twinstrike). Plus, if you get lucky with triplecasts, you can get some significantly faster clears than you would if you were taking the workmanlike +10% from the LM1.

Fry on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Does the math address how many procs of the LMR are required to surpass the damage of the LM1, and how much variance is involved to achieve those number of procs?

Because in a "I only need to beat it once" scenario, someone might be more comfortable fishing for a high-roll provided the required number of procs are realistically achievable.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Hmm...I have the SBs for a run against Fenrir, but not the gear (no +ice relics whatsoever). I'll probably roll with:

Squall - Lifesiphon/Snowspell Strike, BSB2, +30% Sword DMG
    Laguna - Lifesiphon/Icicle Shot, SSB, Ace Striker
    Onion Knight - Wrath/Entrust, BSB, DMT
    Minfilia - Wrath/Entrust, SSB, Battleforged
    Y'shtola - Wrath/Ultra Cure, SSB/BSB, MM

Hopefully the combination of imperil ice and Squall BSB2 can take it down.

I think OK/Minfilia/Y'shtola can form the backbone of my magicite teams, with the other two slots going to DPS. For Hydra I'll likely throw Ingus and Gladiolus at it, once Glad's leveled up a bit.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Holy crap, I just cleared Apex Nemesis with a pickup group!

Team was:
    Tyro Wall / Alphinaud damage reflect, also several times he let reflect fall off to use his burst :(
    Firion BSB / Eiko USB (both super clutch)
    Ramza Shout + USB / Yshtola BSB
    my Vaan BSB / Yuna USB

There were so many stamps flying around for the last 5% of HP, it was crazy. Also just good communication in general, there were several times I was getting ready to heal when I saw an "I'll heal" stamp from one of the others, so I didn't cast a redundant heal. For that matter, I entered the lobby with Red/Yuna, and I actually got an "OK" stamp in response to my "Hold On!" stamp while I changed to Vaan.

Fry on
  • Options
    Fenrir cleared folks, how was incoming damage? Reading his table, seems like most of his table is ST hits, the risk appears to be from his Haste, Slow, ATK buff, and so on. How was single healing if anyone did it or did you need an offhealer/bubbles/last stand?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

As you can see in my winning pic, I only used Laguna for ice imperil. Laguna, who has no enaura for ice. He was equipped with Lifesiphon, Lulu's +20% ice dress, and Icicle Shot. Lightning was fully decked to maximize thunder damage and Zell was just doing Zell things with Combat King, Duelist and Omega Drive.

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes synergy there with the 50% crit buff, and Ramza using Chant to pump up all my physical damage, and Lightning is her own wrecking ball, so it does require those specific SBs to bring everything together. It seems like the best set up when you might lack particular elemental SBs to exploit on these bosses.
    I have nothing even remotely on the scale of Lightning BSB2+USB, assuming that's what you're talking about. In fact my only damaging USB period is Cecil's. I don't even have any notable non-elemental damage outside of Zell himself.

Full dark or holy imperil is my only hope, I think.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Alright, finally got around to polishing off the Rebirth dungeons on my emulator account. The fights all went pretty smoothly, Lightning did die against the Warmech but that was alright. Luneth showed Garuda who was boss (hint, it wasn't Garuda). Squall utterly annihilated Kuja, he got a double cast on his first Draw and Junction, so I went straight into Lowen Roar after that. Second and third Lowen Roar also double cast, at about 9500x6 each time. I really wish I had some ice boosting gear for Squall, but even without it he's a beast.

Glad to get all those motes, though I'm unsure of who I will dive next. I don't have any really obvious ones aside from Squall. I was looking at my healers, and I tend to use Relm (BSB) and Eiko (USB) the most, with a splash of Yuna (stock HP SSB + USB) occasionally, and none of them are prime targets. I do have Cloud's BSB2 as well as Lightning's BSB2 and OSB, but those don't feel quite legend dive worthy. I do have Aerith's BSB + USB, but I don't think that's a great combo either. I don't have the good relics for Y'shtola, Raines or Terra. I guess I'll just sit on them, though I'm curious what relic combinations people find to be legend dive worthy.

-edit- Oh I also finished clearing all the guardian fights before the actual Nightmares. I still hate Mandragoras.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Fenrir cleared folks, how was incoming damage? Reading his table, seems like most of his table is ST hits, the risk appears to be from his Haste, Slow, ATK buff, and so on. How was single healing if anyone did it or did you need an offhealer/bubbles/last stand?

I managed to solo heal it with Sarah BSB and the ice magicite that neutralizes wind damage. It would be pretty painful to try and do it without the magic blink, but definitely possible. The hardest part was figuring out the best time to use the first BSB. After that it smoothed out except for the damn slows that occasionally still got through. It also really helped having hi regen on everyone being passed around constantly. I would try and work in Last Stand if there wasn't at least one good source of magic blink.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Echoing Gnizmo's post above.

Single healed with Y'shtola, but she is also fully legend dived, which makes her a healer and a half it feels like, from the occasional double medica proc. I did also use Chant to boost the crit damage from Zell's BSB buff, so there was some additional bubble mitigation for a couple of turns, but I only used it once.

Sealion's ultra skill only applies once per summon, but depending on RNG, it's either going to be useful for a few turns, or get wiped out if Fenrir decides to Withering Winds once it's up. If he instead chose to single target a couple of people and then do an AoE, 2-3 characters might get damaged, but that's still significantly easier to deal with than everyone being hit at once.

Honestly, the worst thing about Fenrir are the slows. Good chance to proc on any character unless you accessorize for it, and it always comes down to how bad RNG will screw you over. I'm pretty confident I could've gotten under a minute clear if all three of my DPS didn't get slowed right after I cast Shout and only had 33% of a second SB bar to counter.

EDIT: Y'sh did more healing than I thought, actually. I don't have anyone equipped with Protectga or Shellga, instead using Y'shs bar to Aetherial Pulse, which comes with Heavy Regen. It's easy to forget about the little tick heals, but they all add up over the duration of the SB. In addition, Catgirl's BSB isn't just a major heal; it comes with a bubble to further mitigate and endure. Two of those over the course of the fight shouldn't be ignored, either.

I know there was a big debate about Y'sh versus Vanille BSB and which was better, but these are the kind of fights where I think Y'shtola and even Iris' BSB win out. Surviving an additional turn due to bubbles while they get an action to triage or activate another ability is really powerful. Iris' BSB protecting your team from unfortunate Slows once in a while is also really strong, and I'm now half-tempted to pull on the XV banner again before it goes away tonight. :P

El Fantastico on

This discussion has been closed.