Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

1767779818299

Posts

  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Wasn't going to pull but then everyone else was and I am bad with peer pressure. 3/11, larsa lenna dupe and Vanille, which really is a good result all things considered.

    It doesn't really give me more cm coverage but an Astra is nice to have and vanille's burst is def better than vanille's unique, lol.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
    38thDoeAshtonDragonArdorDarklyreGnizmoJragghenSpectrumElderlycrawfishStilts
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    For those that are despairing about getting Penelo BSB, remember that she is a dancer 5 and can therefore be used as a support character on a Crystal Tower mage team that doesn't otherwise have a MAG/MND buff.

    As for my pulls, as usual I did the alt account first.

    3/11 - Deuce, Porom (Palom? I dunno the healer one), Larsa (!)

    Look at that, more than 2 hits on a banner, all different, all new and one top tier! Very nice. Now on to the main account.

    2/11 - Y'shtola (dupe), Larsa (!)

    Larsa again! I now have wrathable astra on both accounts, when before I had no astra at all. Getting a dupe Y'shtola hat is mildly disappointing, but for 25 mythril I cannot be disappointed in either pull. How can I be when Larsa is in the running for best healer BSB?

    steam_sig.png
    38thDoeDarklyreGnizmoJragghenSpectrumElderlycrawfishsilence1186Gnome-Interruptus
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    Okay newbie here. I have no idea what im doing.
    Am i doing this right?
    Did lucky pull 1 :
    2 rainbows :

    (2/11)
    Nirvana (Lenna?)
    Staff of the Magi, (Arc?)

    So does that mean i need to equip the nirvana on lenna until it 'levels up' then the soul break becomes its own item and usable on other people? or is it always only for lenna to use?
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.
    Yellows were cat claws, crystal sword, ten gallon hat, golden shield, flame male, magus robe..

    Between the two characters, Arc may be of more use to you. Both Lenna and Arc have access to 5* White Magic, so there's nothing they can't do in their major role. Lenna has 2* Black Magic, while Arc has 3* access; in either case, you'll likely never need to slot a black magic skill on them, because Arc also has 5* Summoning for damage, and Lenna's 2* Black means she can only equip the most basic of spells. She does have 4* Dancer though, which allows you to debuff the entire group of enemies, at the cost of dealing no damage.

    In terms of their bursts, both cure the party at the same multiplier, which is weaker than the strongest healer bursts, but at your level, it will still be plenty of healing. They also both buff the caster's Mind stat by 30%, making consecutive uses and all of their healing that much better.

    Lenna's burst also raises her Resistance stat by 30% and gives the party a reraise, which is pretty good, and will save you some headaches in specific fights, but the downside to being revived in combat is all the buffs are removed because they died. When you start getting into more difficult content, this means they'll revive with no Pro/Shell and likely die to the very next hit or AoE from the enemy unless you get those refreshed ASAP. Lenna also has no infinite use single target big heal on her commands. She trades it for a powerful 4-hit holy attack instead. Her second burst command is a medica (group heal), which is pretty standard among most healer bursts.

    Arc's burst enters with a 5-hit holy attack, and his first burst command is a big single target heal which can be used for the duration of the burst, and has no hone count. Early on, this might be too much healing. It will be your go-to when you start getting into higher difficulty content. His second command is also the standard healer medica.

    El Fantastico on
    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I'm gonna stay strong and not pull here. That way when I go healer/11 on the next two luckies, I will be less disappointed

  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    What would you say is the key part of that? Lightning having USB to actually be able to cast fast enough? Ramza having USB to also help enable that? OK being a 30/30 who can Entrust? Or it needs all those parts together to work?

    The fact that you're effectively doing that with Ashe as filler is kind of silly. You could be using Kain or Reno or any arbitrary physical dps and do slightly better, not that it matters. Or now that I look at it, you could have Rikku USB.

    Lightning's capping OSB, right? Or close enough to count? Having enough boost/element buffs to do that with Battleforged probably helps a ton.

    Lightning USB is really solid, but I think I could replicate it with just an en-lightning if I made more use of slot 5. It would be seriously tight though. Another source of insta cast or solid back up damage and it would be viable. The OSB is capping from hit 2 onwards, and only missed 6k first strike so it's not really an issue. The elemental buffs on armor are absolutely what let's that level of damage through, and is absolutely key to this working. Battleforged gives basically an entire bar worth of meter in the first 4 hits making everything piece together just so.

    The two buffers are a bit interchangeable. I like Ramza's USB but it isn't fully utilized here. It shaves 1 cast off everyone, and I have gotten it down to 27 seconds while clearly still optimizing. Very nice, but not mission critical. OK is a gift from the gods as always. I still can't believe I 100 gemmed that BSB off its first banner which I was not planning to pull on. You want 2 30 buffs though as opposed to Shout. With Shout Lightning was doing 89/95/99k damage progression for OSBs, and that damage is actually really essential. I say the fifth slot is whatever, but 2 different people I have slotted in there got the kill shot to keep it just barely sub 30 on runs where execution is poor. Losing 15k damage would suck hard surprisingly.

    So far fifth slot I have tried Reno, Raijin, and Ashe with varying levels of success. I settled on Ashe because her BSB self heals and does damage which I figured would make her the easiest to keep alive (WRONG). Raijin makes things a little rougher when using his BSB because he is in the front row and that is more damage which is not good. Reno I need to circle back to and try again. Neither Reno nor Raijin have gotten a go at using Gathering Storm so we will see what that changes as I get a chance to test it.

  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    2/11 - Arc and Yuna, neither of which are dupes. Plus, Yuna's robe is +holy, so bonus. I'll take it!

    ArdorFryJragghenRiusSpectrumElderlycrawfishmercurialchemistersilence1186Gnome-Interruptus
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Okay newbie here. I have no idea what im doing.
    Am i doing this right?
    Did lucky pull 1 :
    2 rainbows :

    (2/11)
    Nirvana (Lenna?)
    Staff of the Magi, (Arc?)

    So does that mean i need to equip the nirvana on lenna until it 'levels up' then the soul break becomes its own item and usable on other people? or is it always only for lenna to use?
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.
    Yellows were cat claws, crystal sword, ten gallon hat, golden shield, flame male, magus robe..

    Anyone who can use staves can use it regardless, and if Lenna equips it, it will give her access to the Burst Soul Break. If she uses it enough and masters it, then she will be able to use that soul break even when that staff isn't equipped (and will also get a small permanent stat boost).

    Oh, so the BSB's from relics are not transferable in any way. its just to put it permanently on the character its intended for?

    But BSB's you earn from level breaking characters CAN be transferred?

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    What would you say is the key part of that? Lightning having USB to actually be able to cast fast enough? Ramza having USB to also help enable that? OK being a 30/30 who can Entrust? Or it needs all those parts together to work?

    The fact that you're effectively doing that with Ashe as filler is kind of silly. You could be using Kain or Reno or any arbitrary physical dps and do slightly better, not that it matters. Or now that I look at it, you could have Rikku USB.

    Lightning's capping OSB, right? Or close enough to count? Having enough boost/element buffs to do that with Battleforged probably helps a ton.

    Lightning USB is really solid, but I think I could replicate it with just an en-lightning if I made more use of slot 5. It would be seriously tight though. Another source of insta cast or solid back up damage and it would be viable. The OSB is capping from hit 2 onwards, and only missed 6k first strike so it's not really an issue. The elemental buffs on armor are absolutely what let's that level of damage through, and is absolutely key to this working. Battleforged gives basically an entire bar worth of meter in the first 4 hits making everything piece together just so.

    The two buffers are a bit interchangeable. I like Ramza's USB but it isn't fully utilized here. It shaves 1 cast off everyone, and I have gotten it down to 27 seconds while clearly still optimizing. Very nice, but not mission critical. OK is a gift from the gods as always. I still can't believe I 100 gemmed that BSB off its first banner which I was not planning to pull on. You want 2 30 buffs though as opposed to Shout. With Shout Lightning was doing 89/95/99k damage progression for OSBs, and that damage is actually really essential. I say the fifth slot is whatever, but 2 different people I have slotted in there got the kill shot to keep it just barely sub 30 on runs where execution is poor. Losing 15k damage would suck hard surprisingly.

    So far fifth slot I have tried Reno, Raijin, and Ashe with varying levels of success. I settled on Ashe because her BSB self heals and does damage which I figured would make her the easiest to keep alive (WRONG). Raijin makes things a little rougher when using his BSB because he is in the front row and that is more damage which is not good. Reno I need to circle back to and try again. Neither Reno nor Raijin have gotten a go at using Gathering Storm so we will see what that changes as I get a chance to test it.

    If you have Ramza's USB it may actually be worth getting someone else to be the Entrust bot so Ramza can spam the party CT0. This lets Lightning throw out her OSB faster.

    Darklyre on
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Okay newbie here. I have no idea what im doing.
    Am i doing this right?
    Did lucky pull 1 :
    2 rainbows :

    (2/11)
    Nirvana (Lenna?)
    Staff of the Magi, (Arc?)

    So does that mean i need to equip the nirvana on lenna until it 'levels up' then the soul break becomes its own item and usable on other people? or is it always only for lenna to use?
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.
    Yellows were cat claws, crystal sword, ten gallon hat, golden shield, flame male, magus robe..

    Anyone who can use staves can use it regardless, and if Lenna equips it, it will give her access to the Burst Soul Break. If she uses it enough and masters it, then she will be able to use that soul break even when that staff isn't equipped (and will also get a small permanent stat boost).

    Oh, so the BSB's from relics are not transferable in any way. its just to put it permanently on the character its intended for?

    But BSB's you earn from level breaking characters CAN be transferred?

    So you get soul breaks (SB, SSB, BSB, OSB, CSB, USB) from relics like Lenna's staff. Soul breaks specific to a character can only be used by that character, but the equipment can be used by anybody. For level breaking characters you get record materia (RMs) which give various boosts and be freely used by any character, and a character can only have one at a time. A character can "equip" up to four soul breaks at a time, if they have learned that many or have shared soul break equipment on.

    The point of confusion is likely stemming from (aside from too many acronyms) the record materia that Cloud and Tyro can get that start a character with a bar of soul break gauge, letting them start a fight with a soul break activation (usually best used for a party buff such as a haste and/or stat boost).

    steam_sig.png
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are there any party instant cast SBs on the fest banners?



    steam_sig.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    There's one on the soundtrack banner.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Did the lucky draw pull! 3/11 with no dupes! Larsa, Iris, and Yuna. Crystal Tower is a joke to me now I think. Larsa, Iris, Vanille, and Y'shtola bursts for healing means there just isn't a really worry as long as I can put together a half awake team of damage dealers. Yuna is the least useful, but one I have wanted for a long time oddly enough. She should slot nicely into the White Mage Death Squad going forward. A very good pull.
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    What would you say is the key part of that? Lightning having USB to actually be able to cast fast enough? Ramza having USB to also help enable that? OK being a 30/30 who can Entrust? Or it needs all those parts together to work?

    The fact that you're effectively doing that with Ashe as filler is kind of silly. You could be using Kain or Reno or any arbitrary physical dps and do slightly better, not that it matters. Or now that I look at it, you could have Rikku USB.

    Lightning's capping OSB, right? Or close enough to count? Having enough boost/element buffs to do that with Battleforged probably helps a ton.

    Lightning USB is really solid, but I think I could replicate it with just an en-lightning if I made more use of slot 5. It would be seriously tight though. Another source of insta cast or solid back up damage and it would be viable. The OSB is capping from hit 2 onwards, and only missed 6k first strike so it's not really an issue. The elemental buffs on armor are absolutely what let's that level of damage through, and is absolutely key to this working. Battleforged gives basically an entire bar worth of meter in the first 4 hits making everything piece together just so.

    The two buffers are a bit interchangeable. I like Ramza's USB but it isn't fully utilized here. It shaves 1 cast off everyone, and I have gotten it down to 27 seconds while clearly still optimizing. Very nice, but not mission critical. OK is a gift from the gods as always. I still can't believe I 100 gemmed that BSB off its first banner which I was not planning to pull on. You want 2 30 buffs though as opposed to Shout. With Shout Lightning was doing 89/95/99k damage progression for OSBs, and that damage is actually really essential. I say the fifth slot is whatever, but 2 different people I have slotted in there got the kill shot to keep it just barely sub 30 on runs where execution is poor. Losing 15k damage would suck hard surprisingly.

    So far fifth slot I have tried Reno, Raijin, and Ashe with varying levels of success. I settled on Ashe because her BSB self heals and does damage which I figured would make her the easiest to keep alive (WRONG). Raijin makes things a little rougher when using his BSB because he is in the front row and that is more damage which is not good. Reno I need to circle back to and try again. Neither Reno nor Raijin have gotten a go at using Gathering Storm so we will see what that changes as I get a chance to test it.

    If you have Ramza's USB it may actually be worth getting someone else to be the Entrust bot so Ramza can spam the party CT0. This lets Lightning throw out her OSB faster.

    I have thought about that and I need to try it. Intuitively I think it might cause some problems because Lightning runs out of meter so quickly in comparison, but I might be able to work around that with extra instant casts for the 2 entrusters. Its something I will try. My other thought is to use Raijin and his SSB to supply more instant casting and Last Stand + a tiny amount of damage from Lifesiphon.

    Gnizmo on
    Spectrum
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Okay newbie here. I have no idea what im doing.
    Am i doing this right?
    Did lucky pull 1 :
    2 rainbows :

    (2/11)
    Nirvana (Lenna?)
    Staff of the Magi, (Arc?)

    So does that mean i need to equip the nirvana on lenna until it 'levels up' then the soul break becomes its own item and usable on other people? or is it always only for lenna to use?
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.
    Yellows were cat claws, crystal sword, ten gallon hat, golden shield, flame male, magus robe..

    Anyone who can use staves can use it regardless, and if Lenna equips it, it will give her access to the Burst Soul Break. If she uses it enough and masters it, then she will be able to use that soul break even when that staff isn't equipped (and will also get a small permanent stat boost).

    Oh, so the BSB's from relics are not transferable in any way. its just to put it permanently on the character its intended for?

    But BSB's you earn from level breaking characters CAN be transferred?

    BSB stands for Burst Soul Break. The "burst" here is just a word to categorize the type of SB it is. All BSBs put the character into burst mode (all stats increased by 20%, and auto-haste) and replaces the ATTACK and DEFEND commands with two infinite use commands for the duration of the burst mode, which is 25 seconds.

    When you level break someone at level 50, they gain "Record Materia" access. These are just equippable stat or buff modifiers that anyone can use. Like ability materia from FFBE.

    When you break it again at 65, some characters get a second Record Materia that unlocks, but in most cases, it'll be obtained as a random drop in battles. Some of those require you get them from the franchise realm the character belongs to (Cecil's will only drop randomly after fights in FFIV realms, for example) but DeNA quickly learned the player base hates that, and they later made most of them a random drop from any fight in any realm.

    Level 65 also gives the character Record Sphere access, which is where you spend macguffin resources (think the new crysts to awaken abilities in FFBE) to boost the stat parameters of the character. Level 80 unlocks an additional Record Materia in all characters which is always a random drop from any fight in any realm. Level 99 unlocks the final record materia, which only gets awarded once you hit level 99, and have obtained all other record materias belonging to that character.

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yuna's BSB2 is very good for mage teams, stacking buff on a 5* summoner that also heals? I use it a lot.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    2/11: Aphmau BSB and Penelo BSB

    Well it's two new healer relics, not sure how useful they both are though.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    JragghenElderlycrawfishsilence1186
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I thought people had beefs with Yuna's BSB2 because calling Valefor turned her heals into SMN commands, and it was unclear if it used her MND stat. I suppose I could test that real quick in a 2 stam dungeon fight...

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    2/11: Aphmau BSB and Penelo BSB

    Well it's two new healer relics, not sure how useful they both are though.

    Penelo's is meh, considering you pulled Aphmau's. Mid-level party heal and party buffs MAG/MND by 15%, and needs to use her first command to give herself another 15%, has no single-target heal command, but her re-entry and medica commands will be stronger, at least.

    Aphmau is a summon-style healer burst like Yuna's, but it's the ultimate form. Mid-level party heal with party MAG/MND 30%, so it's immediately better than Penelo's. Calling the summon does a single target heal, calling it again does damage with it. Her command 2 is medica, or medica+damage. In either case, it's all free damage while tossing out heals like you want from your healer.

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

    MadicanDarklyre
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I thought people had beefs with Yuna's BSB2 because calling Valefor turned her heals into SMN commands, and it was unclear if it used her MND stat. I suppose I could test that real quick in a 2 stam dungeon fight...

    I'm like 99% certain that Pecil's C1 and Ashe's C1 use their MND for their self heals, so I just assumed that Yuna's BSB2 worked the same way.

    steam_sig.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yuna BSB2 is great. The weird thing I found with Valefor is that it disables all of the +healing% from her record dive for the medica command, which usually isn't an issue for me, but would be a bigger deal if I had invested in her legend sphere. Presumably the reason the healing bonuses are disabled is that those upgrades specifically say White Magic healing, and having summon mode on turns the command into Summon healing, I guess.

    The healing definitely runs on MND, and I'm fairly sure the damage runs on MAG.

    Fry on
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I thought people had beefs with Yuna's BSB2 because calling Valefor turned her heals into SMN commands, and it was unclear if it used her MND stat. I suppose I could test that real quick in a 2 stam dungeon fight...

    iirc it's still mnd based but yea it turns off the % healing in her dive.

    so just don't dive her, her legend dive isn't worth precious spirit/wisdom orbs anyway.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
    DarklyreEl Fantastico
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    There's one on the soundtrack banner.

    I'm not sure that's a banner worth pulling on. I think the next XV banner is supposed to be better.



    steam_sig.png
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yuna's BSB2 is very good for mage teams, stacking buff on a 5* summoner that also heals? I use it a lot.

    My current plan is to try and use her as a replacement healer for Y'shtola using her C2. My current fear is that may require diving her a rather significant amount, but after Raines I don't think there is a line for Spi/Wis motes.

    Or not. Thanks for the heads up on that one thread!

    Gnizmo on
    El Fantastico
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    There's one on the soundtrack banner.

    I'm not sure that's a banner worth pulling on. I think the next XV banner is supposed to be better.

    The soundtrack banner is absolutely not worth pulling on, in my opinion. If it had come out like three months ago maybe, but not now. There really aren't a lot of party instant cast soul breaks, so your best bet is probably XV.

    steam_sig.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    btw, when do you get accessories? I havent seen one yet.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yuna's BSB2 is very good for mage teams, stacking buff on a 5* summoner that also heals? I use it a lot.

    I have two sage shout bursts in Mog and Yuna. I guess I'll use Yuna's if someone else is carrying the breaks.

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    When you level break someone at level 50, they gain "Record Materia" access. These are just equippable stat or buff modifiers that anyone can use. Like ability materia from FFBE.

    When you break it again at 65, some characters get a second Record Materia that unlocks, but in most cases, it'll be obtained as a random drop in battles. Some of those require you get them from the franchise realm the character belongs to (Cecil's will only drop randomly after fights in FFIV realms, for example) but DeNA quickly learned the player base hates that, and they later made most of them a random drop from any fight in any realm.

    Level 65 also gives the character Record Sphere access, which is where you spend macguffin resources (think the new crysts to awaken abilities in FFBE) to boost the stat parameters of the character. Level 80 unlocks an additional Record Materia in all characters which is always a random drop from any fight in any realm. Level 99 unlocks the final record materia, which only gets awarded once you hit level 99, and have obtained all other record materias belonging to that character.

    Nitpicky corrections:
    - breaking the 50 cap (with Memory Crystal 1) immediately gives you a new Record Materia. For some characters, it also unlocks the opportunity for a second Record Materia to drop (which may require a specific realm, as mentioned, or winning a particular fight under particular conditions: Cloud, Kain, Cyan, White Mage, Black Mage).
    - Breaking the 65 cap (with Memory Crystal 2) unlocks a new Record Materia to drop. It will have a prerequisite of owning the previous Record Materia, so if the character got access to a second one from the previous crystal, you'll need to get that drop first
    - Breaking the 80 cap (with Memory Crystal 3) doesn't grant anything right away, but once the character hits level 99 and has all previous Record Materia, they will get one final new one

    All characters have either three or four record materia, depending on whether the MC1 granted one or two.

    Fry on
    El FantasticoGnome-Interruptus
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    3/11!
    No dupes!!
    So I just doubled my healer bursts.

    Relm, Larsa, and Deuce. I already had Relm and Larsa's supers (which now will see zero use except maybe the hastega aspect of Larsa's), but Relm was one of the real prizes on the banner, so I'm very stoked.

    Also, lol, 0 4*.

    FryGnizmoDarklyreSpectrummercurialchemisterArdorsilence1186
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    btw, when do you get accessories? I havent seen one yet.

    - There's usually one from the 10th dungeon in each event (difficulty 99, still well within the range where you can blow up the boss with an RW OSB if you can make it there).
    - There's always one at the Ultimate level of each event.
    - rarely they come from login bonuses, I expect we might be getting one soon as part of the festival
    - the Nightmare dungeons have some pretty good ones, once you get there
    - very rarely they will show up in the Fat Chocobo shop. You'll hear a ton of noise in the thread if/when that happens

    Fry on
    JragghenDarklyreGnome-Interruptus
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    No dupes!

    Because I ain't touching this.

    Because I am already the master of the healer BSB.

    And most of the top tier healer SSBs as well.

    ArcTangent on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    When you level break someone at level 50, they gain "Record Materia" access. These are just equippable stat or buff modifiers that anyone can use. Like ability materia from FFBE.

    When you break it again at 65, some characters get a second Record Materia that unlocks, but in most cases, it'll be obtained as a random drop in battles. Some of those require you get them from the franchise realm the character belongs to (Cecil's will only drop randomly after fights in FFIV realms, for example) but DeNA quickly learned the player base hates that, and they later made most of them a random drop from any fight in any realm.

    Level 65 also gives the character Record Sphere access, which is where you spend macguffin resources (think the new crysts to awaken abilities in FFBE) to boost the stat parameters of the character. Level 80 unlocks an additional Record Materia in all characters which is always a random drop from any fight in any realm. Level 99 unlocks the final record materia, which only gets awarded once you hit level 99, and have obtained all other record materias belonging to that character.

    Nitpicky corrections:
    - breaking the 50 cap (with Memory Crystal 1) immediately gives you a new Record Materia. For some characters, it also unlocks the opportunity for a second Record Materia to drop (which may require a specific realm, as mentioned, or winning a particular fight under particular conditions: Cloud, Kain, Cyan, White Mage, Black Mage).
    - Breaking the 65 cap (with Memory Crystal 2) unlocks a new Record Materia to drop. It will have a prerequisite of owning the previous Record Materia, so if the character got access to a second one from the previous crystal, you'll need to get that drop first
    - Breaking the 80 cap (with Memory Crystal 3) doesn't grant anything right away, but once the character hits level 99 and has all previous Record Materia, they will get one final new one

    All characters have either three or four record materia, depending on whether the MC1 granted one or two.

    I knew I was wording things incorrectly. Thanks for the adjustment. I just hope all the info doesn't confuse @azith28 :)

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Main Account: 1/11 Penelo BSB, I'll probably never use that but at least it wasn't a dupe. I already have most of the top healer BSB's anyway, I probably shouldn't have pulled here.

    Mostly abandoned Alt account: 1/11 Ceodore, it actually sounds like a great relic, and I also appreciate getting the meme pull.

    DarklyreJragghenGnizmoElderlycrawfishmercurialchemistersilence1186Stilts
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Heh, I have healer BSBs in 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 14 now. And an Ultra in 7 and 12. ssb medicas in 3 and 6 as well.

    Heals for days.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
    JragghenMaytagGnizmoElderlycrawfishDarklyreStilts
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    @azith28

    Everyone else already answered the "how soul breaks work" stuff, but with regards to:
    I assume this is good since its a party re-raise.

    Reraise is...unfortunately not super great with how it was implemented. What it does is your person is "killed" and then brought back with moderate HP (I think it's around 50%).....but they lose all buffs. No protect, no shell, no haste, no stat boosts. Basically, it makes them sitting ducks for the next hit to take them out permanently. There's a newer ability, Last Stand, which does a very minor heal (100 HP or so) but keeps them alive so the buffs are intact. That being said, Reraise is better than nothing, just don't expect it to be gamebreaking.

    Lenna's burst does this: Reraise on everyone, moderate medica, moderate MND boost to Lenna (which increases how much her heals do), increases her RES a small amount (less damage from magic). Her CMD1 deals four holy attacks and boosts Lenna's MND further (it stacks with the first buff), CMD2 is a cura medica - small amount of healing to the whole party. That command will probably be what you spam, maybe after doing CMD1 to increase the amount it heals for.

    Arc's burst does this: 5 holy and non-elem attacks to the enemy, moderate medica, moderate MND boost to Arc. His CMD1 is a curaga-level heal to one person AND cast esuna on them, his CMD2 is minor medica to all.

    Of the two, I'd favor Arc's because of that CMD1 - large heal+esuna is a very potent combo for bosses which deal in damage+debuff attacks.

    e: Not to say that Lenna's is BAD, mind you. The entry heal and ability to continue party healing is great. I'd just focus on getting Arc's mastered first, because having the esuna/larger targeted heal will be more useful for more content.

    Jragghen on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I have a solid number of healer bursts, so I'm trying really hard not to pull on this, even if I keep wondering if Vanille might help me finally beat a Magicite dungeon.

    On that note, how are people hitting cap on Bismark with OSB's? I've got TGCid, Minfilia's burstga/Rikku's USB, and I'm still just hitting in the mid/upper 80's.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I have a solid number of healer bursts, so I'm trying really hard not to pull on this, even if I keep wondering if Vanille might help me finally beat a Magicite dungeon.

    On that note, how are people hitting cap on Bismark with OSB's? I've got TGCid, Minfilia's burstga/Rikku's USB, and I'm still just hitting in the mid/upper 80's.

    I would assume by just having +lightning equipment or a CSB.

    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    I have a solid number of healer bursts, so I'm trying really hard not to pull on this, even if I keep wondering if Vanille might help me finally beat a Magicite dungeon.

    On that note, how are people hitting cap on Bismark with OSB's? I've got TGCid, Minfilia's burstga/Rikku's USB, and I'm still just hitting in the mid/upper 80's.

    Probably crit boost/crit damage boost. So Eiko's burst and Chant, or something like that.

    e: Also, if you're willing to spend gems, don't bother pulling here just for Vanille. Vanille's burst is one of the "pick your poison" options on the gem-only banner.

    Jragghen on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    silence let me know that the JP 3rd Anniversary Select items are known. Ayame's BSB is on there but I'm both not willing to wait 6 months nor do I trust that they'll leave those mostly unchanged for global any more at this mess. Thanks for the headsup, though.

    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    So, healer BSB question for you folks also drowning in them. Iris' BSB seems very interesting, and I see the general power of it. I don't know why I would opt for her over Larsa or Y'shtola though. I dunno if stoneskin would make up for the lost healing and SB generation compared to Larsa, and Astra is either golden or useless depending on if the boss is using status attacks without much room in the middle. I will have to take her out for a couple of test spins to see for certain when I find a good target. Crystal Tower future boss obviously makes the concerns much less since you can have space for all 3 on various teams as needed. Is there a niche just for her though?

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    I have a solid number of healer bursts, so I'm trying really hard not to pull on this, even if I keep wondering if Vanille might help me finally beat a Magicite dungeon.

    On that note, how are people hitting cap on Bismark with OSB's? I've got TGCid, Minfilia's burstga/Rikku's USB, and I'm still just hitting in the mid/upper 80's.

    Probably crit boost/crit damage boost. So Eiko's burst and Chant, or something like that.

    e: Also, if you're willing to spend gems, don't bother pulling here just for Vanille. Vanille's burst is one of the "pick your poison" options on the gem-only banner.

    I tried Eiko, but she is way too squishy.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    I have a solid number of healer bursts, so I'm trying really hard not to pull on this, even if I keep wondering if Vanille might help me finally beat a Magicite dungeon.

    On that note, how are people hitting cap on Bismark with OSB's? I've got TGCid, Minfilia's burstga/Rikku's USB, and I'm still just hitting in the mid/upper 80's.

    Probably crit boost/crit damage boost. So Eiko's burst and Chant, or something like that.

    e: Also, if you're willing to spend gems, don't bother pulling here just for Vanille. Vanille's burst is one of the "pick your poison" options on the gem-only banner.

    I tried Eiko, but she is way too squishy.

    She really is for magicite. I can only bring her solo for Living Flame, otherwise she needs to be in a two-healer group.

    ...holy crap, I just realized Relm might be able to replace Y'shtola in some of my magicite groups because a few of them use radiant shield and bubble is....less than optimal to use there. Hooray!

This discussion has been closed.