As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm guessing that the anniversary dungeons are the special dungeons that award Tyro's USB2 at the end, and the Treasure Hollow is the double battle with the 30-mythril Magic Pots.

No idea what the roulette or the treasure race are.

And I'm not seeing anything that looks like the free 30-pull.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    I'm guessing that the anniversary dungeons are the special dungeons that award Tyro's USB2 at the end, and the Treasure Hollow is the double battle with the 30-mythril Magic Pots.

Roulette is the same thing we got for Christmas last year. Gold knights randomly spawn in the orbfest dungeons. Use them to get shit from the roulette.

Treasure race is Omega back as a time attack with an added difficulty and just being a huge ass in general. The rewards for speed clears were utter garbage though (gil and equipment materials).

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    6* only draw: 3/11 with dupe Zack CSB, Agrias OSB, and Squall USB.

Would've liked something besides the dupe and Squall's USB (because I've already got his BSB2 which is a far better use of meter), but something for Agrias is always nice!

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    We can be confident that the free 30 pull is happening because it was specifically mentioned in the MVP e-mails. I believe it should arrive with the start of the festival, or in about 24.5 hours from this post. Don't get your hopes up for game changing relics, though, because the pool is every SSB, BSB and OSB available as of the time the banner goes live. No CSBs, no USBs and no LMRs as far as I can determine from the Japanese version.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

Roulette is the same thing we got for Christmas last year. Gold knights randomly spawn in the orbfest dungeons. Use them to get shit from the roulette.

Treasure race is Omega back as a time attack with an added difficulty and just being a huge ass in general. The rewards for speed clears were utter garbage though (gil and equipment materials).
    Omega's a jerk this go around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71kosp/30th_anniversary_crystal_tower_omega_weapon/

Hope you can fit Stop onto someone with high MND into your loadout along with Last Stand. (hint: call Rikku USB to get your ProShell and Haste to free up slots)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh right, Fang OSB is a spear.

Hey Cid, enjoy this +40 ATK stat stick since your weapon selection sucks.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    So I haven't played in like 2 years
    I pulled 2x Apinaud bsb
    Relm bsb
    Squall bsb 2
    Auron bsb
    WoL csb
    Ovelia usb

I did pretty ok I guess?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: Β»

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71kosp/30th_anniversary_crystal_tower_omega_weapon/

Hope you can fit Stop onto someone with high MND into your loadout along with Last Stand. (hint: call Rikku USB to get your ProShell and Haste to free up slots)

Omega takes maybe 5 seconds to kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AnWAwN870

• Options
    I haven't logged in since I dropped 300 lapis in the first shout banner where they fucked with the drop rate. I pulled literally zero 5*s and said fuck it. So uh a lot has changed

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    For the record, the announcement for the free 30 pull has now been datamined. It does say guaranteed Overstrike, and it says will include relics up through the Four as One event, which I think is the FFV event where Bartz USB debuted? So we might get USB and CSB relics in the pool, though I'm pretty sure Japan did not. It will land a little less than 24 hours from this post.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Omega takes maybe 5 seconds to kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AnWAwN870

Full legend dives on Zack, Luneth, Lightning, Noct, Morrow. Zack Chain, UltraClaire, and an asston of Noct doublecast luck on Omega Drive.

Yes, that sure is the average clear. :P

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Hm...

Someone convince me not to spend my gem banner BSB selection on WOL's Enholy BSB, to go with his holy Chain.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hm...

Someone convince me not to spend my gem banner BSB selection on WOL's Enholy BSB, to go with his holy Chain.

Guardbringer buffs the chain nearly as well, and just as well after the 5* ability update.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I pulled 2x Apinaud bsb
    Relm bsb
    Squall bsb 2
    Auron bsb
    WoL csb
    Ovelia usb

I did pretty ok I guess?

Alphinaud BSB and Squall BSB2 are top-tier DPS BSBs, so nice pulls.

The former is especially nice for someone just coming back, since it'll let you stick a 5* or 6* summon on Alphinaud and not have to worry too much about your hones.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hm...

Guardbringer buffs the chain nearly as well, and just as well after the 5* ability update.

Fair point; my current team for using the chain does have Agrias using Guardbringer (for close to 6X9999, mostly). I do worry that WOL himself isn't doing as much damage as I'd like, with Saint Cross, but with Agrias set up right, that may not be neccessary.

And I can give WOL Guardbringer when I go with the alternate version of the team, in which the main DPSer is Cid Raines.

edit:

Lightning's Beyond Overstrike attack, or whatever they're calling these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbR-a01EM84

Ridiculous power, even if numerical values can differ from what's in this video.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: Β»
    I pulled 2x Apinaud bsb
    Relm bsb
    Squall bsb 2
    Auron bsb
    WoL csb
    Ovelia usb

I did pretty ok I guess?

The former is especially nice for someone just coming back, since it'll let you stick a 5* or 6* summon on Alphinaud and not have to worry too much about your hones.

now to just actually make some abilities...

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I pulled 2x Apinaud bsb
    Relm bsb
    Squall bsb 2
    Auron bsb
    WoL csb
    Ovelia usb

I did pretty ok I guess?

You returned at a great time. Orbfest is due to begin tomorrow and that'll let you farm all the materials you need to make some great skills. As someone who also quit playing over two years ago, game's gotten much better since then both in terms of QoL and content.

• Options
    Wait, Noctis's EX Mode specifically increases non-elemental damage dealt? I wonder why other stuff hasn't done this; EnNon could be interesting.

• Options
    Fest banners are official, no change from data mine. Tiny Bee is not a screwup, is still a sick joke.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Fest banners are official, no change from data mine. Tiny Bee is not a screwup, is still a sick joke.

And because DeNA is awesome at what they do, Raines's OSB is marked as a USB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Looks like there's still a chance that our 30 pull will have USB and CSB relics. Tiny chance though, I'm betting more on mistranslation.

• Options
    Madican wrote: Β»
    Looks like there's still a chance that our 30 pull will have USB and CSB relics. Tiny chance though, I'm betting more on mistranslation.

It did not include CSBs/USBs in Japan. You'd have to bet on Global adding a bunch of things to the pool, not a mistranslation.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Still not sure if i want to pull on any anniversary banners.

I kinda want the ultras from banner 2, but maybe I should go with Shadow instead.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: Β»
    So since my alt account now has a complete Orlandeau, and magicite keystones to spare, I've been killing Bismarck some more with Orlandeau replacing Kain. The kill goes from a reliable 1:08 kill to a reliable 0:55 kill, which isn't as large of an improvement as I had hoped for. It should get a little better once I'm able to swap out Orlandeau's OSB sword for Delita's SSB +Lightning sword I suppose, but I did also get my fourth copy of Enki and Bottomswell to go with my five copies of Bismarck so I'm kind of done with him for now.

That is Fenrir and Bismarck farmed to 4+ copies of each magicite, and I'm not sure which one to tackle next. Probably Golem I guess, even though I'll be using a physical team to do it. If I can manage to survive the incoming damage, a team of Onion Knight (BSB), Zack (CSB), Cloud (BSB2), Luneth (BSB) and a healer to be determined later (Eiko w/USB, Relm w/BSB, Yuna w/SSB+USB or Larsa w/BSB) should be able to do it. The problem is fitting in all the necessary mitigation plus a dispel for the protect. Maybe the solution is to use Aerith w/BSB+USB so she can provide both protect and shell, letting Onion Knight handle the dispel? That sounds super janky and I'm not confident that would be enough healing for the fight.

Protect isn't as nessecary as it seems for golem.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I can semi consistently sub 30 Sea Lion now, just need to legend dive Ace

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I need the fest to start just so i can master all this garbage. I hate having unmastered SBs even if I have little intent to use them!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    So Squall USB is kinda sorta useless unless I'm entrusting. Since Squall's BSB2's power comes from its abilities instead of its entry, is it worth entrusting a bar to Squall so he can BSB>USB, then use the quickcast to start powering up his C2?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Shadow USB is a useful RW for others with ninjas, right? I've set that as mine now.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: Β»
    I pulled 2x Apinaud bsb
    Relm bsb
    Squall bsb 2
    Auron bsb
    WoL csb
    Ovelia usb

I did pretty ok I guess?

You returned at a great time. Orbfest is due to begin tomorrow and that'll let you farm all the materials you need to make some great skills. As someone who also quit playing over two years ago, game's gotten much better since then both in terms of QoL and content.

Quick rundown off the top of my head:
    • All draws are guaranteed one 5*
    • New SB types - burst replaces attack and defend with other abilities, OSBs do massive damage, USBs are like SSBs on steroids
    • Nightmare dungeons exist, and unlock 6* abilities
    • Magicite exists too, but you'll need to catch up a bit first
    • Daily dungeons are massively improved
    • The vault exists and gives you 50 slots per mythril instead of 5
    • Gyshal greens exist and can buy stuff
    • Motes can buff character stats
    • We get a free 30 item draw tomorrow.

Welcome back!

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: Β»
    I need the fest to start just so i can master all this garbage. I hate having unmastered SBs even if I have little intent to use them!
    ?

I've mastered literally everything I picked up from the three luckies already except for about 4k or so out on Penelo's USB.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I've just been running the XP stage on the newbie dungeons.

3 bursts from yesterday & 3/4 6* from today mastered.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    ?

I've mastered literally everything I picked up from the three luckies already except for about 4k or so out on Penelo's USB.

Some of us are super lazy and want the full 40 stamina xp dungeon to do the heavy lifting for us!

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: Β»
    ?

Some of us are super lazy and want the full 40 stamina xp dungeon to do the heavy lifting for us!

...I'm autobattling the Newcomer Dungeon Expert XP stage. Even level 50 casters can do this without even putting on attack RMs!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Foo, I beat the 1 man CM but Ramza got paraed and I didn't realize it was before my magic breakdown got cast. RIP 60 stamina.

Not sure how to do higher cm numbers given my ff4 synergy, might just be wait for holy magicite and it comes back.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In today's stupid problems to have:
    Golem clear is significantly shakier with Rosa healing instead of Vanille because her MBlink is fucking up meter generation something fierce. I'm not hitting the right breakpoints at the right times based on who needs to do what with her in the party in order to rebuff.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I DID IT AT LAST

After wiping and tweaking my gear/comp like 5 times I finally beat the last Tactics event stage, marking my first ever 220 difficulty fight down!!

I am over the moon right now! Nothing compared to magicite clears or even a jump start clear (my next goal), but maaan that has been such a hurdle for me and it's finally crossed

GO TEAM

Edit: Rapha BSB is incredibly good, definitely carried the fight for me. Far and away my favorite BSB so far, plus she can use the dancer and white mage movesets for extra buffs and AoE debuffs

MummBrah on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: Β»
    I DID IT AT LAST

After wiping and tweaking my gear/comp like 5 times I finally beat the last Tactics event stage, marking my first ever 220 difficulty fight down!!

I am over the moon right now! Nothing compared to magicite clears or even a jump start clear (my next goal), but maaan that has been such a hurdle for me and it's finally crossed

GO TEAM

Edit: Rapha BSB is incredibly good, definitely carried the fight for me. Far and away my favorite BSB so far, plus she can use the dancer and white mage movesets for extra buffs and AoE debuffs

Rapha BSB is a secret MVP.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MummBrah wrote: Β»
    I DID IT AT LAST

GO TEAM

Rapha BSB is a secret MVP.

It's a secret to everybody?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If I had to characterize this game on. Zelda quote it would really be grumble grumble. Maybe even now pay for my new door.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    "How about buying this knife for 200 rupees?"

This discussion has been closed.