As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    To be fair, Y'Shtola USB is garbage in ways that transcend traditional definitions of garbage. Garbage looks at it and goes, Phew at least I'm not that

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well, do you think Neo-Bahamut will be better for you?
    Probably not. On Omni bosses I just pull out Prishe and have her punch it in the face.

Neo's equivalent to Vali with a single 20% boost but then you have aura and imperils and typed damage boosts, so...

I guess I'll just keep sitting on the Crystals for now until my next rotation to Bismarck, then I'll take a look at things again.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I would really like to get Larsa and Iris on the healer BSB draw as my top choices, but Ceodore would be fun to have for sure. Mostly I want to avoid going dupe/11, which you would think would be difficult having only 2 of the 18 relics, but I am somehow not optimistic.

As for legend diving healers, I was going to say that Y'shtola has solo healed all of the magicites for me, but that isn't completely true. In my 2 mage teams I have Rapha with her BSB providing some extra healing, and I have Alphinaud as an off healer on one of them instead of Onion Knight. On my alt account I can do Fenrir with one healer, but Bismarck requires two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Man, 18 is such a tiny pool for a lucky draw.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Woo, that's my first DC 180 down. Shame it was just so easy. Multibreak/Full Break/Armor Break then RW Thundergod Cid and watch the boss melt instantly.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Garnet's a permanent feature on my team, so I haven't really solo healed any of these magicites (and I swap her for Eiko for Bismarck because I legitimately need a second proper healer).

Incidentally, counting down the days until she gets Bard 5.

Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just got like six notifications about the FF3 torment, so uh thanks game? Not even spread out at all, just all in a row.

-edit- OK it was eight notifications, and I think it was for the FF3, but that one isn't even active until tomorrow, so who knows.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Okay, trying to budget here

We're got 3 LDs: healing, BSB+, and 6*

The free 30-pull

The gem-only selection

And five fest banners

I'm probably gonna want to pull on 2-3 fest banners. That's all my current mythril plus the magic pot mythril right there. I have enough gems for the selection and a normal 11-pull. So yeah, I'm probably gonna have to be very picky on the LDs. Do we know what the 6* draw will have? Everything so far or just specific ones?

We never know the specifics of the fest draws until basically the last minute. Theres hope the banners will be translated/datamined after tomorrow's maintenance.

• Options
    I think I'm going to look up a top-tier Attack TGC to friend and try the Apocalypse difficulty. The ones I have now are sub-700 attack with about 69K per summon so I know I can get the boss low enough to at least hammer down the last bits myself before his buddies thwomp me.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Oooh, Garnet gets BRD 5? If I don't get Deuce's BSB I guess Garnet could substitute then since I have her BSB2 (and BSB1 and Divine Guardian)

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Man, 18 is such a tiny pool for a lucky draw.

Though I'd argue that the wheat to chaff ratio is pretty good on this if you factor out dupes.

There are some solid healing choices in there and a few neat gimmicks on others. Even the bottom tier stuff is still competent enough for the most part.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Takel wrote: »
    Oooh, Garnet gets BRD 5? If I don't get Deuce's BSB I guess Garnet could substitute then since I have her BSB2 (and BSB1 and Divine Guardian)

No. Eiko gets bard 5 through her record dive.

E:
    Oh. She gets it in the next FF9 event. Not on Enlir's spreadsheet though. Jerk.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Hmm, I can consistently get into the 35-40 second range against Bismarck, but I'm having trouble cutting it down further. At this point, Lightning/Orlandeau are capping everything and already have two Entrusters throwing bars at them.

• Options

*tilts head*

Oh my. Garnet as an ACM user could be -very- interesting.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I think I'm going to look up a top-tier Attack TGC to friend and try the Apocalypse difficulty. The ones I have now are sub-700 attack with about 69K per summon so I know I can get the boss low enough to at least hammer down the last bits myself before his buddies thwomp me.

Just add me KwNG

751 attack after synergy and 40% holy damage Thunder God.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Best part about Garnet's Bard 5 upgrade is that it comes with a Bard Sphere, the end of which has +3% WHM healing to help the % hp heals her good BSB2 does :rotate:

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Best part about Garnet's Bard 5 upgrade is that it comes with a Bard Sphere, the end of which has +3% WHM healing to help the % hp heals her good BSB2 does :rotate:

You are probably insane if you actually dive Garnet to the 3rd Bard sphere in Global.

We aren't getting any more Bard Motes, treat them just like any of the other job mote as if you had missed Five Dooms for those.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Wait, the CM for the ++ difficulty was Ramza and a party of FFT characters?! How did I only see the Ramza part and not the rest! Ugh!! I am literally the worst. Noticed the stage was mastered but the mission was still available tonight when I went to finish the event.

20 stamina I'll never get back, and with Orbfest coming to boot. Unforgivable, me.

Let my failure serve as a beacon for everyone else!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Now that everyone's had some time to work on Magicite, what's your collection of times?

My best times:
    Bismarck - 00:43.07
    Liquid Flame - 00:53.54
    Sealion - 00:42.79
    Fenrir - 00:58.61
    Golem - 00:40.61
    Hydra - 1:03.61

Pretty obvious where my weak elements are and/or what bosses are the dumbest.

Golem can get a couple seconds faster just based on variance of who he hits for meter breakpoints but I need to raise Potato up for Ley Lines to have a shot at sub30.
    Bismarck isn't getting any better without UltraClaire. Or I could rework entirely to try magic instead and use Ley Lines there as well.
    Fenrir will get better as soon as soon as fest happens.
    Hydra is hopeless.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Everything is around 50s and I don't believe I can get sub 30 on anything so I haven't been trying to shave seconds off, just get more consistent kills for farming.

• Options
    I'm at around 50s for Hydra and 35s for Bismarck, then 60s for Golem. The others range from 50-55s.

Once I get some water magicites leveled up I imagine I can shave some time off of Liquid Flame.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I still don't have sub-1 minute for half

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Bismarck - 39.58 (that I have picture evidence for, though I think I improved that to 38 something)
    Fenrir - ~1.17 (is consistently around the point when he dies when I was farming him)
    Liquid Flame - 1.01.87

The Liquid Flame one is both perplexing (as it is a 12+ second improvement out of thin air) and infuriating.

As always, Bismarck is the only kill with a proper elemental team. The other two are my Lightning Team creating their own weakness (and with Liquid Flame, Faris dealing a lot of damage).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »

*tilts head*

Oh my. Garnet as an ACM user could be -very- interesting.

Exactly! I'm already tilting Garnet towards being my in reserve supporter with her 30/30 and imperil lightning, but adding ACM would make her that much more potent fast cast spamming her SS'd C2. And I have Shantotto's lightning LCSB and Rapha's BSB so all that goodness and oh my...

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    BOOM! THIRD ENLIL DROP! Time to move on to Bismarck. I am actually a touch optimistic about my future times there. I think I can pull it sub 30 with what I am working with, but I haven't had the occasion to try yet. Lightning USB and OSB seems like it will open some doors for me though. I have a variety of melee and magic damage but I suspect spam the OSB is going to be the winning strategy.

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    I haven't bothered to keep track of my best times, but I think I had one Sealion kill that was right about at the 40s mark, and I definitely had Hydra under 50s pretty reliably. I want to say that Golem is the only one I haven't gotten under a minute, but Fenrir might also have taken over a minute. Both of those I have only killed once or twice to get Mastery. I'm just pleased that I have managed Mastery on all the fights, that is an amazing number of crystals to get in such a short time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, I guess it's time to figure out how kreeper works.

Fire: Liquid Flame at 80 cap, Mom Bomb at 65, no Salamander drop
    Ice: Sealion at 99 cap, Taharka at 65 cap, Wendigo at 50
    Lightning: Enil at 80 cap (with one waiting to fuse), Hydra at 80 cap (with one waiting to fuse), still none of the other drop
    Earth: Sand Worm at 99 cap, Golem and Shell Dragon at 65
    Wind: Fenrir at 80 cap, no other drops
    Water: Bottomswell at 99 cap, Enki and Bismarck at 65

No "drops of ones I've already got to 99 cap" yet, but it's getting to be a minefield out there.

• Options
    Okay no Apocalypse is impossible for me even with this weakened variant. Even with double RW TGC it's not enough to kill him before Aurablast murders Rosa guaranteed followed by the Knight's special. Too much health to overcome even if the rest of the team survives that combo.

• Options
    Bismarck down in 32.87s.

Sub-30s might actually be doable!

• Options
    *laughs* Oh dear. The math's out now for the difference between the old story dungeons and the revamped ones. There are a total of 1860 Major Orbs worth MORE in the new rewards. (Hence why everyone who's done everything is getting compensated slightly.)

For you early players, up to you whether you feel you have enough mythril mined now to wait the 6 months to get more orbs. If you can already clear at least to the end of every non-recurring event, there's an argument to be made for waiting, though it does play havoc with mythril budgets between fests.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    For the record, when I did a count of the total number of dungeons released in Global so far, and I came up with 774 story dungeons. For those that are reasonably current on their story progress are only a few away from getting the maximum reward when the revamp happens. There is also a real question as to where the extra rewards are located, I'm guessing that the majority of the increase is going to be from the very early dungeons that rewarded things like 5 minor black orbs and a 2* mythril dagger rather than from the later dungeons that reward 2 major lightning orbs, 20 3* dex orbs and an ice crystal. I don't think holding back on completing the dungeon updates is going to provide much benefit to people with old accounts that are reasonably up to date on their story dungeons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The latest MVP email confirmed we're getting the free 30 pull with guaranteed OSB, so that's nice.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Also;
    17 FINAL FANTASY 30th Anniversary dungeons will be opened, one for each title in the series. Complete them all to reveal a special 30th Anniversary image and get an Ultra Soul Break for a certain unsung hero!

In the Mythril Dungeon, Treasure Hollow, you’ll receive 30 Mythril upon completion. There are two phases of this dungeon, so you’ll actually receive 60 Mythril in all!

That should be 17 mythril plus Tyro USB2, which is 6,29 Mult, Seventeen single attacks (0,37 each), grants Haste to all allies, ATK, DEF, MAG, RES and MND +15% to all allies for 25 seconds.

• Options
    That USB2 (Hyper Boost), combined with SG (Wall) and AA (Full Boost), might actually make me consider Tyro's Legend Dive, for buff time extension.

DMT and dual lifesiphon/Wrath and then spend every turn building meter for another buff. Perhaps pair with Ramza.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Get ready to go back to the glory days of RW Lunatic High and Boon! Also the days when your friends couldn't be bothered to equip their RW user.
    After the recent update, Story dungeons don't use your friend list for RW anymore, but rather a pre-determined list, similar to how Elarra and Dr. Mog work in Magicite and Crystal Tower dungeons. The level of the RWs and the pool of avaialble Soul Breaks depend only on the dungeon's difficulty. The mix is clearly oriented towards support and utility RWs, abolishing OSB exploit on the first dungeons, BSB combinations, and yeah, Cloud's USB. Again, this system is only valid for Story dungeons - regular Events still have free RW, at least for now.

Like Elarra and Dr. Mog, these RWs seem to have base stats for characters of the appropriate level, without equipment. This means that their damage and MND bonus to durations (if any) will perform quite poorly.

Here's a couple of tables showing how dungeon difficulty affects the Soul Breaks pool and the RW's level:

Difficulty Soul Breaks
    1~35 Lunatic High, Boon, Tailwind
    36~98 Lunatic High, Boon, Cleansing Strike, Whip Kick, Tailwind
    99~140 Shout, Sheepsong, Sentinel's Grimoire, Goddess's Bell, Kindred Spirit, Soul Spiral, Runic Blade
    141~220 Shout, Sheepsong, Al Bhed Brew, Sentinel's Grimoire, Goddess's Bell, Kindred Spirit, Hyper Sniper, Goddess's Mercy, Soul Spiral, Indomitable Blade

Difficulty Level
    1~10 5
    11~20 10
    21~30 15
    31~35 20
    36~45 25
    46~55 30
    56~65 35
    66~75 40
    76~85 45
    86~109 50
    110~119 55
    120~129 60
    130~149 65
    150~159 68
    160~169 72
    171~178 76
    182~188 80
    190~217 89
    220~220 99

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I was under the impression those buff time extensions only applied to stat buffs, not status buffs like Wall or Haste. It still makes his USB2 and OSB decent, but wouldn't affect Wall or his Burst's Pro/Shell longevity.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Sentinel's Grimoire (Wall) is absolutely a stat buff. It's a very large DEF/RES buff, always has been.

Enlong on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wall isn't a status, it's a DEF/RES buff

Pro/Shell last long enough that I don't care that they're not extended. If someone were doing a USB1/USB2 rotation, that'd be two sources of hastega, not to mention that Tyro can equip for MND if necessary.

Fry on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Is there a healer character thats got really nice abilities? I'm still running white mage and shes pretty useless cause her health pool sucks and gets killed a lot. I'd prefer to level with someone a bit tougher and has a decent payoff.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Is there a healer character thats got really nice abilities? I'm still running white mage and shes pretty useless cause her health pool sucks and gets killed a lot. I'd prefer to level with someone a bit tougher and has a decent payoff.

The character you pull a healer burst for in a few days in the lucky draw.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.