As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    It’s a lot easier to put together a cheap marine or chaos force than anything else. Best bet for other armies is eBay, or checking the local gamers Facebook page. Usually someone selling off an army there for pretty cheap, and that way you skip the Russian roulette of models shipped through the mail.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    And a tat. That's pretty bad-ass.

The Imperator cover looks awesome. It's a nice way to establish the scale of the thing without the normal 'looking up from the ground' angle. Agent of the Throne looks like a weird Star Wars knockoff. I've no idea what's up with Wolfsbane. It's just two dramatic poses of know characters that don't really work together.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, On the other side of the street...
    HzdQxGT.jpg

• Options
    Mayday wrote: »
    HzdQxGT.jpg

Did Marbo kill a Gungan or what is that on his base?

I hope they release his rules as a pdf, too (not expecting it). I'd like to use my conversion, Mas Rhefis.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    HzdQxGT.jpg

I hope they release his rules as a pdf, too (not expecting it). I'd like to use my conversion, Mas Rhefis.

Pretty sure that is Audrey ll

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    That works, too. After Horticulous that's already the second Audrey on a model this year.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    HzdQxGT.jpg

Its a barking toad

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Lots of new stuff previewd on the community page.
    https://warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

WD will have rules for Genestealer Cults in Space Hulk.

New Primaris sergeants for Blood and Dark Angels (the latter looks pretty smug)

Easy to build Primaris Agressors and Retributor.

Easy to build Plague Terminators and Plague Lord (So jolly!)

Official Marbo pic (That paint style does not work for muscles)

Also a new Sigmarine character (but this time without a helmet, Oh.My.God.)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Lots of new stuff previewd on the community page.
    https://warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season/

WD will have rules for Genestealer Cults in Space Hulk.

New Primaris sergeants for Blood and Dark Angels (the latter looks pretty smug)

Easy to build Primaris Agressors and Retributor.

Easy to build Plague Terminators and Plague Lord (So jolly!)

Official Marbo pic with Audrey (That paint style does not work for muscles)

Also a new Sigmarine character (but this time without a helmet, Oh.My.God.)

honovere on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    HzdQxGT.jpg

Its a barking toad

... it's totally Audrey II

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I like the Marbro.

Also I am going to go get those easy to build aggressors as I am turning them into Obliterators with green stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I like the Marbro.

Also I am going to go get those easy to build aggressors as I am turning them into Obliterators with green stuff.

I was literally coming here to post about if people though aggressors could be converted reasonably.

Spooky.

Mainly so I can play this.

As an added note horrible models and bad weapon choices aside it’s cheaper for UK folks to buy a box of normal ass CSM and Forge World lascannons if your looking to make multiple squads.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [53 PL, 998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Malefic talon, Miasma of Pestilence, Wings

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 44pts]
    . 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
    . Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
    . Cultist Champion: Autogun

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 83pts]: Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [49 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Alpha Legion

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 85pts]: No Chaos Mark, Plasma pistol, Power sword

+ Heavy Support +

Havocs [7 PL, 165pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

Havocs [7 PL, 165pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, 3x Obliterator

++ Total: [102 PL, 1998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    WarCom-Thanksgiving1rtsac-850x1024.jpg

This is amazing.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I'm happy to report that the recent Human - Eldar alliance is still making me disgusted. Extreme Xenophobia for life!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Oh god, there's probably a lot of Yvraine/Rowboat slashfiction after his resurrection plot.

edit: Does Marbo have Snake Plissken's gun?

honovere on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    A while back I was able to pick up a copy of Space Hulk with everything except for the Terminator/Genestealer models for $10. I've been building up a Terminator force with the same loadouts as the BA Space Hulk Terminator models but painted with my custom chapter colors. The plan was to grab some cheap Genestealers when I could (or just proxy with some other type of model) and then I could play the game. After looking at the cost of buying 22 Genestealers (and the fact that Space Hulk has gone back on the "last chance to order" list), I just said screw it and ordered a new copy of the game. Probably gonna offload everything except the Genestealers and make most of my money back.

Pretty stoked to hear about GSC rules for Space Hulk though, that should be fun (and give me an excuse to buy/paint some of the little bastards).

• Options
    ManOHokutoManOHokuto Knight of the Bloody Fist Registered User regular
    I hope they do plastic Straken and or Harker next

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Oh god, there's probably a lot of Yvraine/Rowboat slashfiction after his resurrection plot.

Not a chance; that would be silly. I mean, putting a suppressor and a scope on a short barrel machine pistol, that would be the most trite and overblown clich… eh? Oh. :x
    :P 8-) :D

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

I know Kage from the Last Chancers is supposed to be a big bald guy but I always made him look like Snake in my head.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

Whilst this is neat, that font and text colour is a nightmare to read on that background.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    New Blood Angels codex?

YASSS

Though I'm interested to see how the make of the chapter is going to be after the Devastation of Baal

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I've been 'convinced' to buy the Goliath figures from a mate who is getting the full box. At £15 I couldn't exactly say no could I?

The legacy rules seem pretty neat. I was worried it would just be some stat cards for existing models but seems fully campaign compatible.

A few oddities, like the leader and champion stats being a bit random, and they've included the rules for the new stub cannon accidentally it seems despite none of the old gangs being able to take it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    A few oddities, like the leader and champion stats being a bit random, and they've included the rules for the new stub cannon accidentally it seems despite none of the old gangs being able to take it.

Can't all champions and leaders take Heavy Stubbers? They've got no equipment restrictions Didn't realise stub cannons and heavy stubbers were different things :rotate: Maybe the equipment list is meant to be the same as in the Gang War book?

Burnage on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    And no Adeptus Arbites. *pout*

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    frayfray Registered User regular
    I like that the new easy-build redemptor actually looks like it's standing up straight. If I was going to play marines I'd definitely go for this one over the original.

pakv8vvux7nb.jpg

"I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I just put that image side-by-side with the image of the full kit on the GW website and they're identical in posture, lol. Try it yourself, same height, same everything, this one is just rotated slightly to its right.

Edit: Not sure how that comes off, not meant to be mean spirited just a sympathetically bemused "isn't it funny how our perceptions play with us?"

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    Karl wrote: »
    New Blood Angels codex?

YASSS

Though I'm interested to see how the make of the chapter is going to be after the Devastation of Baal

A lot of Primaris Marines, and a lot of Blood Angels who are not very happy about it.

• Options
    At the rate things are going, every faction will have its own unit of tyrannic veterans.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    New Blood Angels codex?

YASSS

A lot of Primaris Marines, and a lot of Blood Angels who are not very happy about it.

Really

From what I hear, the primaris are not as susceptible to the flaw. That's a good thing

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I think I solved my Pyroclast problem. I may use them as Flame Gauntlet Aggressors. And then run them around with Vulkan He'Stan.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Used the gun from a tyrannofex to make a counts-as Biovore artillery bug. Thinking I should add some limbs or tentacles to the gun itself though.

917183_sm-Biovore%20Conversion.jpeg

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Used the gun from a tyrannofex to make a counts-as Biovore artillery bug. Thinking I should add some limbs or tentacles to the gun itself though.

917183_sm-Biovore%20Conversion.jpeg

What is the white thing? That looks awesome.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    New Blood Angels codex?

YASSS

Really

From what I hear, the primaris are not as susceptible to the flaw. That's a good thing

The Blood Angels and their successors resent this though. They view the personal struggle against the Red Thirst/Black Rage as the source of their passion and strength in battle. There's a bit in the new book where Gabriel Seth
    talks about the Primaris Marines and basically says that the replacement of standard Flesh Tearers with Primaris is treachery, that it will spell the end of the chapter, and that Guilliman is essentially going to turn their entire chapter into "Ultramarines in red armor".

• Options
    What is the white thing? That looks awesome.

It’s a Reaper Bones model called the Desert Thing. Basically a big toothy mouth with tentacles.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I thought Gabriel Seth was one of the first to volunteer for a Primaris upgrade?

Will be interested to see what chapter specific primaris stuff they come out with though

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    After a commission I’ve wanted for a year, I might get into Necromunda with extra holiday money I can earn.

• Options
    Necromunda seems like Bloodbowl in that you can put as much time/money into it as you want and get increasingly better results. Though it looks like you kind of abandon the underhive board and rules once things move to catwalks and serious terrain.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I thought Gabriel Seth was one of the first to volunteer for a Primaris upgrade?

Will be interested to see what chapter specific primaris stuff they come out with though

that was a rumour

going the upgrade is actually a good way to get over his reservations. can't say that the primaris weren't ever flesh tearers when you're a flesh tearer that goes primaris.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
This discussion has been closed.