As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Am I crazy, or wasn't the Ad. Mech. split into 2 factions before?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    When does the get FAQ released?

End of the month, probably next week.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    All we know about the FAQs is from this illustration, everyone assumed it'd be after Adepticon,

40kFAQFuture-Dec15-Infographic4fqn-500x498.jpg

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

They were, for little discernible reason.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

As a Dark Eldar player, I currently have things to say about armies being split into multiple factions for no good reason.

Some of the rumours about the forthcoming Codex are... not promising, shall we say.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

So now they are one faction?

• Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    All we know about the FAQs is from this illustration, everyone assumed it'd be after Adepticon

GW and Adepticon both confirmed it's coming after the convention (this weekend for those unaware) but they're 100% on releasing it in March.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

A general FAQ or?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

So now they are one faction?
    Yup!

Knights too, kinda

• Options
    It's been 19 weeks, but my Adepticon Team Tournament set is finally finished. Apologies for the non lightbox pictures, a set of quick snaps on my way out the door. Some touch ups to do this week but otherwise ready for action.

Pics in spoiler.
    juvqU9v.jpg?1

EzcbnZp.jpg?1

rWJwrv1.jpg?1

5GxTA2I.jpg?1

CoXjoCd.jpg?1

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Take 2 units of 5 in 2 wave serpents.
    Job done!

I started with that idea, but 2 wave serpents are expensive (points wise). Gotta leave some room for my harlies! Still, may be worthwhile.

Wave serpents are one of the best eldar units so you should probably have two anyway.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

A general FAQ or?

.....I don't know? Are there other faqs?

I'm still super fresh getting back into the hobby... I only know about an incoming FAQ from the board here.

Actually, what's the best place to follow adepticon and other GW related sources? I'm usually just on here or the warhammer community page.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for this new Necron codex. I'm hoping I can make a good and fun list that isn't all warriors and immortals anymore.

I wish I had any of the actual named HQ models. All I have are 3 metal lords, and overlord, and a destroyer lord.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    As Lanlaorn posted above:
    40kFAQFuture-Dec15-Infographic4fqn-500x498.jpg

Basically twice a year GW is going to do a big refresh on the current FAQs for both the core rules as well as codex's to date.

Every new codex that comes out is going to get a mini-FAQ released around two weeks after release. This will cover any minor fixes noticed in the post launch window.

You also have the yearly Chapter Approved release. This book will have the largest overall impact as it includes things like point cost adjustments, as well as things like major rules changes.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I can't wait for this new Necron codex. I'm hoping I can make a good and fun list that isn't all warriors and immortals anymore.

I wish I had any of the actual named HQ models. All I have are 3 metal lords, and overlord, and a destroyer lord.

I just have a lord and Szeras. Still I have to find where I put them away I know where the Phalanx is just the tiny force from before I have an idea
    Still cleaning up where I squirreled them away it's like Xmas and a lot of memories with it

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Hmm. I’m looking at what I still need for this Khorne army, but it looks like every single cheap bloodletter and bloodcrusher has been hoovered up from eBay. I’m gonna probably end up getting both of the AoS start collecting boxes. That gives me 10 better looking zerkers, 6 crushers to turn into Lords and heralds, and 13 bloodletters. Along with all the weapons and insignia I’ll ever need for kitting out additional guys.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Ok, list reformatted as below. What do y'all think?
    ++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [90 PL, 1681pts] ++

+ HQ +

The Yncarne [17 PL, 337pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Word of the Phoenix

Troupe Master [4 PL, 74pts]: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Embrace

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 38pts]
    . 4x Kabalite Warrior
    . Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

Troupe [7 PL, 118pts]
    . Player: Harlequin's Embrace, Shuriken Pistol
    . Player: Harlequin's Blade, Shuriken Pistol
    . Player: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Embrace

Troupe [7 PL, 118pts]
    . Player: Harlequin's Blade, Shuriken Pistol

+ Elites +

Wraithguard [10 PL, 225pts]: D-scythe, 5x Wraithguard

Wraithguard [10 PL, 225pts]: D-scythe, 5x Wraithguard

+ Dedicated Transport +

Starweaver [5 PL, 99pts]: 2x Shuriken Cannon

Starweaver [5 PL, 99pts]: 2x Shuriken Cannon

Venom [4 PL, 80pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 134pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 134pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [17 PL, 318pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner [6 PL, 108pts]: Banshee Mask, The Novalance of Saim-Hann, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 70pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Witchblade

++ Total: [107 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    A couple of the guys in my meta are beefing, but I think we're gonna be able to get it worked out. I'm kinda in between both of them so I gotta be the one who Dr. Phils this shit. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Forum Drama.

On Saturday it was kind of dead at the shop where we all play, and I had forgotten to grab my models before work, so I ended up spectating the only game that was going on when I was there - Sisters vs. the freshly codexed Tau. The sob player ended up taking it through some clever maneuvering and Celestine laying some lumber. He was really struggling to build a 1,500 point army with the size of his collection though, so we all planned a 2v1 (a thousand points each of his Sisters of Battle and my Space Marines vs two thousand points of Tau) for next week. The sisters player has a few vehicles but was mainly relying on boots on the ground, so I'm trying to think of what I can bring that would complement that. The plan is to try and mitigate Tau shooting effectiveness by getting up close and into combat as quickly and brutally as possible. I'm thinking heavier units, like Razorbacks and Dreadnoughts. Maybe Assault Marines to help mitigate their Greater Good overwatch shenanigans before the Dreads charge in. I have Terminators but not enough TH/SS or Lightning Claw guys to make a full 5 man squad. I have a bucket of regular Terminators though.

Maybe I should just say screw it and bring my Fellblade. After Chapter Approved gave it a 200 point increase for no reason mine is 917 points as configured.

• Options

There was two books but I have no idea what they were about or anything about it as I came back in the gathering storm because of the Ynnari

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Badablack wrote: »
    Hmm. I’m looking at what I still need for this Khorne army, but it looks like every single cheap bloodletter and bloodcrusher has been hoovered up from eBay. I’m gonna probably end up getting both of the AoS start collecting boxes. That gives me 10 better looking zerkers, 6 crushers to turn into Lords and heralds, and 13 bloodletters. Along with all the weapons and insignia I’ll ever need for kitting out additional guys.

I have two of this
    ibqvu5aa8ruj.png
    The one with the soulgrinder
    It was the last prize for that 40k weekend tourney thing and it caused a lot of drama as it was the last game I went nearly flawless that season {15-1} and by then you could tell the store owner was quiting as he was talking with someone about a fire sale that Xmas

It caused a lot of drama because I made fun of the fact I don't play chaos for years because I just never found it to click with me like the eldar did
    I bought Azael in the fire sale soon after I did put them up soon after as real life things started to grind away at me
    From what I can tell I just need to get a Khrone and Slaanesh start collcting boxes to flesh them out and figure out what I want to do as a commander in my Khrone army

Yes before anyone says anything through various means I ended up with a lot of armies in 2010/early 2011

Brainleech on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I spent entirely too much time at work today researching Raven Guard paint schemes

I think I've got a handle on everything I need, now, though. I found this useful for getting colors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJLPrEl28M

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

As a Dark Eldar player, I currently have things to say about armies being split into multiple factions for no good reason.

Some of the rumours about the forthcoming Codex are... not promising, shall we say.

The 11 AoS Aelf factions say hi

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options

The Eldar aren't actually far off that number now.

• Options

The Eldar aren't actually far off that number now.

It's under one banner with different ideals

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Hm.

I'm second guessing my AdMech list.

If I'm already running a knight, and two armigers... why not run a unit of six dragoons to really drive home the mounted, knightly feel?

Plus with Stygies they are pretty insane. -2 to hit at 12" or more, can easily use the stygie strategem to set up a first turn charge, and they have the data tethers so that means with 1CP they are generate three hits for every 4,5 or 6 rolled across a unit of 6 with 3 attacks each. Toughness 6 and 6 wounds a pop makes them pretty tough, and they will be in your face turn 1. Force the enemy to decide to gun them or the knights down?

Then just throw several small units of Vanguards and Rangers for screening and holding ground and an Onager for heavy support.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I don’t even particularly like Admech but now I want to play that army list.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So the Death Guard vs Primaris Space Marines box arrives this Friday so my brother and I are gonna get those setup pretty quick. Then hopefully Forgebane sometime next week so my friend and I can put those together.

Can AdMech be used with Adeptus Custodes?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So the Death Guard vs Primaris Space Marines box arrives this Friday so my brother and I are gonna get those setup pretty quick. Then hopefully Forgebane sometime next week so my friend and I can put those together.

Can AdMech be used with Adeptus Custodes?

Both have the IMPERIUM keyword, so yes. The Primaris could as well if needed.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out Harlequin tactics and on paper they seem super fucking nasty. A Patrol detachment of a Shadowseer and 6 clowns all with Fusion Pistols and Embraces comes to about 300 points, has an average 30 inch threat radius and should completely shred any MEQ they go up against.

I'm getting really keen to play them because the more I look at their rules the more I think that they're exactly what I want the melee portion of the Dark Eldar to be like.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out Harlequin tactics and on paper they seem super fucking nasty. A Patrol detachment of a Shadowseer and 6 clowns all with Fusion Pistols and Embraces comes to about 300 points, has an average 30 inch threat radius and should completely shred any MEQ they go up against.

I'm getting really keen to play them because the more I look at their rules the more I think that they're exactly what I want the melee portion of the Dark Eldar to be like.

I have played a few rounds verse them with my chaos so I can say they are dangerous. They eat through MEQ easily. Do really well verse high armor. Die horribly to mass fire and attacks like cultist blobs.

Beware a smart chaos player who brings Death Hex on sorc. Losing your invuln save will mean your murder clowns are mince meat to flashlights and bolters. If something gets through you die, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Other than that they can get into people's faces fast and due a ton of damage. I think they are a really neat army that has a lot of the strengths DE and Craftworld have that minimize some of the weakness with their invuln saves.

But again SM have null zone and Chaos had Death Hex. Plus beware mortal wounds, you won't have enough bodies to absorb smites, doombolts, and so on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I think I'm just planning on being that guy for competitive games and eventually running a combined Eldar list (albeit with the majority being Dark Eldar) to shore up as many weaknesses as possible.

Dark Eldar for the anti-tank, cheap bodies and poison weaponry.
    Harlequins for the anti-MEQ and anti-hordes.
    Craftworlds for the psychic powers and snipers.

To what extent that's a good idea is going to depend on how the Codexes next month shake out, but right now the three armies have a hell of a lot of synergy with each other.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I think I'm just planning on being that guy for competitive games and eventually running a combined Eldar list (albeit with the majority being Dark Eldar) to shore up as many weaknesses as possible.

To what extent that's a good idea is going to depend on how the Codexes next month shake out, but right now the three armies have a hell of a lot of synergy with each other.

The fact that you can now have All The Space Elves was the only play GW could've made that would get me back into 40k, but thankfully they made it years late and while I'm trying to repair a house.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    I finally started testing games with my Harlies and can confirm: they blend, but do not like mortal wounds or any kind of mass fire. They also don't want to be charged, they want to get their hits in first.

I think target priority and tying up big shooting units is the key. Since the starweaver flies and everything has flip belts, you can pretty effectively skip chaff and go straight for characters/psykers. Other parts of the army can engage shooting units to try and stop retaliation. Shadowseers are great for the extra move and the hallucinogen shots, but I've found the minus to wound looks better on paper then on TT. Most things are wounding on 2s or 3s anyway, so while it's good, I find I'm strapped for points (since seers are kinda pricey). Troupe masters are gold though. It let's everyone feel ok about taking the Embraces and rerolling wounds. And if you pack 2 or 3 fusion pistols you can shoot big nasties that you'd struggle to punch to death (actually, do both, since you can fire pistols in combat).

I think the strat could be great for dropping in a ton of melee damage (with a big troupe and a seer) but if you fail the power or charge it's a lot of points that are going to get wiped out.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

You shouldn't think of yourself as that guy for combining the Eldar in one army when Imperial Soup is as prevalent as it is, I think.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Think I finally have the plan for my initial Primaris Ultramarines. I've already bought some of the Intercessors and the Redemptor. I'm going get a local commision painter to paint Bobby G for me as I am pretty confident painting troops and tanks and such but not something as detailed as a Primarch.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [60 PL, 1090pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor [16 PL, 291pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Las-talon, Twin heavy bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain [6 PL, 91pts]: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, The Burning Blade

Primaris Lieutenants [5 PL, 74pts]
    . Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 196pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 91pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 91pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [29 PL, 520pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Predator [9 PL, 160pts]: Twin lascannon, Two Heavy Bolters

Predator [9 PL, 160pts]: Twin lascannon, Two Heavy Bolters

+ HQ +

Sergeant Chronus [11 PL, 200pts]
    . Predator: Twin lascannon, Two Heavy Bolters

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [18 PL, 385pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [18 PL, 385pts]

++ Total: [107 PL, 1995pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The basic idea is to use the Repulsor to get the Hellblasters around the map to where they are needed and to provide fire support for them. The spearhead with Chronus is built entirely around using the kill shot stratagem to bring the triple twin linked lascannons to bear and wipe a monster/super heavy off the map. Bobby G, the Captain and Lt. will provide bubbles for the Intercessors which will be a tightly packed gun line when possible, but also capable of using their objective capture rule when required to hold objectives for VP. The Redemptor does what the Redemptor does.

This is really built more around a theme of being a mostly Primaris force with Bobby G, not meant to be a tournament competitive list...but I don't want it to suck either.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Something occurred to me and now i’m pretty sure I gotta run the 6 dragoon list.

The planned list has 6 dragons and 6 infantry units (3 units of 5 rangers, 3 units of 5 vanguard) and it hit me. Like armies of old each dragoon is a noble and they have to outfit their own troops out of pocket.

So what i’m thinking is a small mechanicus force was tasked with hunting down a small knight element to bring them back into the fold. They found them and overtures were being made but then the area got cut off in a warp storm.

What happened is the two groups bled into one another, the ad mech and the knight house. Technology is no longer holy, but now technology is honorable. The area they were cut off in was resource poor and they turned to asteroid mining. The different mining teams shifted into noble admech houses. Each house has its own livery, own colors, own minor rules. And of course they intensely feud with one another and compete for honor.

They are personal glory hounds. So in combat they form together into one group and let an underling lead their levied troops. Most don’t care about them, and almost see them as an entrance fee imposed by the knights so they can seek combat. The dragoon’s used to hunt alone, but, too many arguments over kill counts occurred. Now they battle together, and everyone’s read out must confirm the kill for it to count.

The infantry, during the height of the warp storms, were organized into blocks of pike (taser goads) and shot (rifles) and the tradition has held though the weapons have changed. The pikes are carbines and the muskets are rifles, and the formations get looser and looser, but honor demands the configuration.

I need to stress what petty tyrants each of the dragoon lords are. They muster 5 men and are proud of their clout and influence. They are the lower circle, the plebeians of this culture.

The patricians are no doubt the knights themselves, who control not only the knights and the armigers but the largest ship of their mobile fleet. The dragoon houses each have their own minor vessel. This upper circle is also fiercely competitive and obsessed with honor, as appointments are for life. They consider the squabbles of the lower houses beneath them and entertain them only so far as the masses they represent are required to keep the armada afloat.

I’m thinking stygie doctrine not because they are so sneaky, but because they are constantly blaring propaganda, holofeeds of their latest kills, swarmed by cherubs holding parchments declaring their skill, while massive speakers proclaim their honor and glory. But everyone is doing this. It produces a cacophony of noise and light that would make Slaanesh proud. Consequently they are hard to hit.

Miniature wise I think I want the unit of 6 dragons to look like the old units of Warhammer grail knights. Each knight painted cohesively, but together a riot of clashing colors. Each cohort of troops the dragoon raised will be painted to match them. The knights will have their own heraldry and color and each match one another. Lastly, the techpriest, dominus and onager will all match, represnting a venerable house that is excused from levying infantry because of thier ancient artillery piece. And openly they mock their lack of martial honor, and quietly recognize the utility of the guns and repair.

Now they roam the galaxy, seeking honor both in the form of technology and personal combat.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Dragoons are pretty good but good god they are too expensive.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options

Points or money? Cause yeah oof buying six is gonna suck.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Points or money? Cause yeah oof buying six is gonna suck.

money. I kinda want at least two more but I also don't wanna pay $60 cad for two ~80pt models

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    More Necron news with another dynasty and destroyers
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/

The whole necron dynasty thing is new for me but it's going to be a hard choice when I finally paint that force what I will make it
    I got stuck mentally because I wanted my monolith to light up just getting Led kits at the time was a pain {it still is but far easier than it was}

This discussion has been closed.