As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I could have played Underhive Wednesday night but I could not make it through the Q&A that preceded it. The neckbeard just drowned that room and the presenters were basically just trying to out-smug each other in how they would say 'no' or 'I don't know'.

The questions were all completely inane and often repeated. I just left in disgust.

I have seen Duncan in the flesh twice. Both times he was eating breakfast. He is possibly human.

Lies. He is refilling his fusion reactor.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Where was this at?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Nova.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I picked up Gangs of Commorragh yesterday. I'm thinking it might be something interesting to play at the store as a change of pace after Konor is over.

So uhhh, don't tell the Inquisition I said this but jetbikes are actually pretty fun to build.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I picked up Gangs of Commorragh yesterday. I'm thinking it might be something interesting to play at the store as a change of pace after Konor is over.

So uhhh, don't tell the Inquisition I said this but jetbikes are actually pretty fun to build.

We know.
    =][=

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSUqmyh8lQ

4ew1u18mknje.png
    Now I kind of like the deathguard
    1l68yizqwjid.png

Brainleech wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSUqmyh8lQ

4ew1u18mknje.png
    Now I kind of like the deathguard
    1l68yizqwjid.png

Ugh I want Fulgrim so badly.

I love his little Nurgle cherubim.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Fulgrim?

That's Morty.

website_header.jpg
    McGibs wrote: »
    Fulgrim?

That's Morty.

I know. I want them to make me a demon Fulgrim.

I have never liked the aesthetic of Death Guard. The new models are nice but I have no interest in them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Fulgrim is pretty well documented as being a giant snake monster with lots of arms and an evil sword. And Angron is just a bigger meaner bloodthirster when we already have like 4 different big Khorne demon models. I wanna see what they do with Peturabo/Lorgar. I don't think they even got obscure old art or crappy metal epic stuff to base any new models on, so it would be completely from scratch.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Those Death Guard are giving me... Warcraft? vibes. Not exactly Warcraft but the style is flatter than usual and more... simple? geometric? They wouldn't look out of place in a video game RTS/DotA.

It could just be how they are painted. I'm used to Death Guard looking grimier than that. These look a bit cartoonish. Mortarion looks alright, not my kind of style, but he's definitely a Death Guard guy.

It's the Death guard of old now with tentacles!

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    CROSS-POAST!!!
    And just like that, 3rd squad is done. I think I'm going to keep this Tac squad train going. At this rate, it won't be long before I finish them all. Oh, the flamer I finished in the last batch belongs with this squad.

ekmnfq0.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Badablack wrote: »
    Fulgrim is pretty well documented as being a giant snake monster with lots of arms and an evil sword. And Angron is just a bigger meaner bloodthirster when we already have like 4 different big Khorne demon models. I wanna see what they do with Peturabo/Lorgar. I don't think they even got obscure old art or crappy metal epic stuff to base any new models on, so it would be completely from scratch.

Well they kind of went a completely different with Morty so who knows.

mortarion.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if they have their own ideas for the big 4 legions and maybe beyond.

Current theories are:
    1)4 Primarchs a side
    2)Chaos are the 4 cults, we have 2 already
    3)Loyalist are Robuty, Lion, Russ (all wulfen mode), and maybe Dorn?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a rumour a while back that one Primarch on each side was going to turn traitor?

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    What was the reasoning as to why would they limit themselves to less than half the available primarchs? Keeping some in reserve for a later release as part of an ongoing storyline?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Well considering there have been NO primarchs since....ever, I just assumed they were drip releasing them when they felt it was right.

Unless we count the Sanguinor but I don't feel he counts.

• LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I imagine GW are well aware they've got a relatively limited pool of Primarchs and that their value will be increased if they slowly release them over many years. But they might not care.

I'm not expecting another one for this year at least, and wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see one next year either.

I am usually wrong about these things, however.

Lezta on
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I could see Russ coming back. Since the vanilla marine codex is already released that leaves the Wolf Wolf book as a pretty obvious not-killed-by-Horus primarch delivery vehicle.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    GW was recently talking about how Vulkan lives.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    What would make my day for a Craftworld release is a box set of the Phoenix Lords. That would just be such a great painting project.

Even a single one like Asurmen would be fantastic.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So 40k thread, I'm about to assemble a predator, to replace my plague drones who are just terrible.

Autocannon and las sponsons, or all las all the time?

I do get a combibolter with the autocannon, and it seems like it would be more versatile being able to fire at like, bikes or skimmers more effectively. But all las makes heavy stuff super dead.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Both Annihilator (Las) and AC/Las (is there a pattern name for this? Annihitor? Destructilator?) are good. The AC puts out comparable damage to the twinlas and is probably a little more reliable overall.
    I don't really use predators (I like things with feet), but I'd go for AC/Las. Combibolter seems like a waste of points on something that's going to be a pillbox in the back field all game. Save those points for giving combimeltas to rhinos.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So 40k thread, I'm about to assemble a predator, to replace my plague drones who are just terrible.

I do get a combibolter with the autocannon, and it seems like it would be more versatile being able to fire at like, bikes or skimmers more effectively. But all las makes heavy stuff super dead.

Seems like it'd be down to what the rest of your army looks like. I'm working up a Death Guard army myself and I think I'm going to go all las, since I generally feel like I'm lacking high quality shots, and that high S and AP seem good.

Also, you could always magnetize the turret right?

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
    McGibs wrote: »
    Both Annihilator (Las) and AC/Las (is there a pattern name for this? Annihitor? Destructilator?) are good. The AC puts out comparable damage to the twinlas and is probably a little more reliable overall.
    I don't really use predators (I like things with feet), but I'd go for AC/Las. Combibolter seems like a waste of points on something that's going to be a pillbox in the back field all game. Save those points for giving combimeltas to rhinos.

Fortunately (?) there's literally nothing else to spend points on. It's the difference between 1998 points and 2k on the nose.

Magnets! Both do different thing and the kit is one of the easiest to swap sponsons and stuff with.

The las pred is 192 points. 4 decent shots if it doesn't move. Will be a big target but doesn't do the same job as the plague drone which is more of a tie up the enemy thing. It is a back line shooter. Really good with a sorc+prescience on it in the back line is fantastic though. Highly recommend it.

The hb/ac combo is good verse more hordes. 6 hb shots that you can split and 2d3 ac shots can chew through light armor and infantry. It is a bit cheaper as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
    List is this currently

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [76 PL, 1458pts] ++

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: Gift of Contagion, Miasma of Pestilence

Typhus [9 PL, 164pts]: Gift of Contagion, Plague Wind

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 59pts]
    . 8x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon
    . Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Flamer
    . Cultist Champion: Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 59pts]
    . 8x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon
    . Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Flamer
    . Cultist Champion: Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol

Plague Marines [9 PL, 193pts]
    . Plague Champion: Plague knife
    . . Power fist and Plasma gun: Plasma gun, Power fist
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
    . 5x Plague Marines

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Helbrute [8 PL, 156pts]: Multi-melta
    . Helbrute fist: Heavy flamer

Helbrute [8 PL, 156pts]: Multi-melta
    . Helbrute fist: Heavy flamer

Noxious Blightbringer [4 PL, 80pts]: Plasma pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [10 PL, 158pts]: Plague probe, 2x Plaguespitter

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Predator [10 PL, 203pts]: Combi-bolter, Predator autocannon
    . Two lascannons: 2x Lascannon

++ Battalion Detachment (Chaos - Daemons) [15 PL, 295pts] ++

+ HQ +

Herald of Nurgle [4 PL, 70pts]: Virulent Blessing

+ Troops +

Nurglings [3 PL, 60pts]: 3x Nurgling Swarms

Plaguebearers [8 PL, 165pts]: Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos, 19x Plaguebearer, Plagueridden

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [14 PL, 247pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 85pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 54pts]
    . 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
    . Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
    . Cultist Champion: Shotgun

++ Total: [105 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Mayday wrote: »
    GW was recently talking about how Vulkan lives.

In a necron's collection

edited September 2017
    Hmm...anyway you could swap some of those cultist for pox walkers? They combo with Tychus way better as he buffs them.

If possible I would say swap the multi-melta/fist combo for a scorge+lascannon but that might eat up too many points. Could do lascannon+ML as well. It is cheaper and gives more range. My brutes tend to go get blown up quickly because they are a huge danger but I use it as a sonic dread with a blastmaster+ML which is cheap.

This is kind of the quick and dirty with pox walkers. Cultist just die in droves so I am finding buying stuff on them is a waste. They are human shields and Pox Walkers are tougher shields.

I will admit Nurgle isn't my thing though. I would happily swap out some pox walkers in this for more plagues with specials. I swapped one brute to long range killy as well.
    +++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Battalion Detachment (Chaos - Daemons) ++

+ HQ +

Herald of Nurgle: Fleshy Abundance, Plaguesword, Smite

+ Troops +

Nurglings
    . 3x Nurgling Swarms: 3x Diseased claws and teeth

Plaguebearers: Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos
    . 19x Plaguebearer: 19x Plaguesword
    . Plagueridden: Plaguesword

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) ++

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster: Blight Grenades, Bolt pistol, Corrupted staff, Krak grenade, Miasma of Pestilence, Plague Wind, Smite

Typhus: Blight Grenades, Gift of Contagion, Manreaper, Plague Wind, Smite, The Destroyer Hive

+ Troops +

Plague Marines
    . Plague Champion: Blight Grenades, Krak Grenades, Plague knife
    . . Power fist and Plasma gun: Plasma gun, Power fist
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight Grenades, Krak grenade, Plasma gun
    . 5x Plague Marines: 5x Blight Grenades, 5x Boltgun, 5x Krak Grenades, 5x Plague knife

Poxwalkers
    . 15x Poxwalker: 15x Improvised weapon

Poxwalkers
    . 16x Poxwalker: 16x Improvised weapon

+ Elites +

Helbrute: Helbrute fist, Multi-melta

Helbrute: Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

Noxious Blightbringer: Blight Grenades, Cursed plague bell, Krak grenade, Plasma pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone: Plague probe, 2x Plaguespitter

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Predator: Twin lascannon
    . Two lascannons: 2x Lascannon

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord: Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma pistol, Power sword

+ Troops +

Poxwalkers
    . 20x Poxwalker: 20x Improvised weapon

Poxwalkers
    . 20x Poxwalker: 20x Improvised weapon

++ Total: [108 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

edit: Shifted the Pox Walker Totals around. In fact the ones that are mixed in with the daemon detachment could probably be split for larger units. Poxwalkers are immune to morale checks so having large hordes is way better where as the cultist will also run with their might leadership 6.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I could have played Underhive Wednesday night but I could not make it through the Q&A that preceded it. The neckbeard just drowned that room and the presenters were basically just trying to out-smug each other in how they would say 'no' or 'I don't know'.

The questions were all completely inane and often repeated. I just left in disgust.

I have seen Duncan in the flesh twice. Both times he was eating breakfast. He is possibly human.

I saw Duncan in an elevator. Can confirm he might be human.

It's the ok I Decided

It kind of looks factory fresh with optional heads

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    I've been using ac/las preds in basically every game of 8th. The AC provide more consistent damage, but the Las will occasionally make you 1shot something. I wouldn't use twin las because the AC is statistically only marginally less average wounds against heavy targets, but it's damage band is far more consistent.

It is absolutely brutal against characters, as many have good invulns to negate the las high AP, and a single failed save is guaranteed to be half their wounds or more.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    Has anyone tried a Maulerfiend since the buffs in the codex? I have it set as my next purchase because it looks cool and I think at least one of them makes a nice target to absorb fire plus if they get into combat they have 10 attacks that can shred infantry and vehicles. Especially with daemonforged stratagem giving them rerolls to hit and to wound.

Also next heldrake I will pay the extra to build myself so I can paint it all first. Painting one that was already build is murder for a lot of the hard to reach detail.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    For things like Heldrakes you just have to accept that the best you can do in some areas is jam a brush full of black wash into the crevices.
    All the Daemon robots are pretty alright, especially since they double dip and can get buffs from marines and daemons. You can babysit backfield shooty ones with a Warpsmith, then summon the Changeling or a Nurgle Herald for defense, or run Epidemius with a bunch of Nurgle machines for the stacking buffs.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    So should we assume that GW is jsut trolling fans by specifically mentioning Squats in their "Top 5 mutations" article?
    "Popular rumours abound of diminutive, intrepid humans called Squats, but such talk is surely rumour and happenstance."

I want to believe ...

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Deathguard really like their mortal wounds, don't they?

That putrid detonation aka how to be spiteful.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    NüGW is happy to be self-referential and tongue-in-cheek. But do not expect new Squats. They would not make enough money to warrant the expense of the plastic molds.

What they should do is release some (un)official rules to use Kharadron Overlords in 40k for casual games. But even those aren't super popular.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
This discussion has been closed.