As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So I am listening to Clone Lord on audible. One it is really good. But one part is fascinating...

Story spoilers...
    The reactions of Emperor's Children to Fulgrim's clone is fascinating. The devotion even after 10,000 years. After all the betrayals. The burning devotion and internal love they have for Fulgrim is amazing. The fact even the most devout to Slaanesh bend to the clean primarch.

God I can't wait till the real Fulgrim returns. It would be so interesting.

I didn't feel I got the same type of built in devotion reading from the Ultramarines and Robute. You get the inverse from Horus and Abbadon. I should read about Magnus now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So I am listening to Clone Lord on audible. One it is really good. But one part is fascinating...

Story spoilers...
    The reactions of Emperor's Children to Fulgrim's clone is fascinating. The devotion even after 10,000 years. After all the betrayals. The burning devotion and internal love they have for Fulgrim is amazing. The fact even the most devout to Slaanesh bend to the clean primarch.

I didn't feel I got the same type of built in devotion reading from the Ultramarines and Robute. You get the inverse from Horus and Abbadon. I should read about Magnus now.

Is that one of the audio dramas?
    I am very curious about them but I have never seen anyone talk about them
    THey are just a CD? in a case?

Slightly related what is Warhammer art? they sell prints? As they on the same quality as the black library ones? are they in the fun paper sizes of A2 A3 and such and explaining on why you are looking for a frame for size A3 paper to a imperial using knave is never fun

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Story spoilers...

Is that one of the audio dramas?
    I am very curious about them but I have never seen anyone talk about them
    THey are just a CD? in a case?

Slightly related what is Warhammer art? they sell prints? As they on the same quality as the black library ones? are they in the fun paper sizes of A2 A3 and such and explaining on why you are looking for a frame for size A3 paper to a imperial using knave is never fun

Black Library book on tape, well book on Audible. I really like the dude they have read the Black Legion/Fabius Bile books. Also makes me super happy with my choice of allegiance, EC. They are always some of the more entertaining characters. Though the Bile books have a World Eater who is thoughtful, plans long term, and calm. But when he let's the nails bite is a spinning dervish of death.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The artist of Eagle Ordinary is now also doing stuff for the new RPG. That's nice

https://warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/wrath-and-glory-rites-of-instructiongw-homepage-post-4/

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Whilst I’m very happy to see the Genestealer cult rules for Necromunda in next month’s WD, it kind of chills my enthusiasm to see that one of the most interesting looking units (aberrants) is only available in a £100 boxed game.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Whilst I’m very happy to see the Genestealer cult rules for Necromunda in next month’s WD, it kind of chills my enthusiasm to see that one of the most interesting looking units (aberrants) is only available in a £100 boxed game.

I have Deathwatch overkill so a free Genestealer gang!

I should get a subscription as I have bought the last 3 issues for various reasons :P

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I so hope the Tau Codex isn't complete shit.

But they need so much work....

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Tau are a shooting army, I'm sure with a codex they'll be more than good.

• Options
    Still I am very curious about the Kroot in the Tau and if they do the Farsight enclaves
    I might get the codex but it's one of those how the preview goes they might answer some of my questions

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Still I am very curious about the Kroot in the Tau and if they do the Farsight enclaves
    I might get the codex but it's one of those how the preview goes they might answer some of my questions
    the 'coming in march' preview didn't say much, but it did say they are doing Farsight Enclaves with the codex (that and army-wide Sept rules)

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Finished up a tourney today, came in first! I had a decent list but also had a lot of extremely lucky breaks.

Went up against 2 different custodes armies, they seem to be pretty popular and easy to paint. They don’t do very well in Relic missions though, doubly so against tyranid spore mine spam.

The new Nurgle daemons are crazy. With their trees and buffs those plaguebearers can cross damn near the entire board turn one. I deployed up close thinking I’d have a turn of breathing room and they were assaulting me with 90 dudes doing double wounds on 6’s and rerolling everything. That was a doomed game for me, but we were doing the Chapter approved mission where you put down 6 objectives and 4 randomly disappear. He controlled 4 objectives and I had 2.

After rolls the only 2 left were mine. That was an unearned win for sure.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    So played, finally, my 2v1 game for the campaign.

My list I posted earlier but for a refresher:
    ++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [20 PL, 313pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 93pts]: Combi-flamer, Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh

Sorcerer [6 PL, 100pts]: Combi-bolter, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Prescience, Warptime

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 40pts]: 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh
    . Cultist Champion: Autogun

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [42 PL, 754pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gifts of Chaos (1 Relic)

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 78pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh, Power maul, The Black Mace

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 82pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, Plasma pistol, Power axe

+ Troops +

Chaos Space Marines [5 PL, 92pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter
    . 3x Marine w/ Boltgun
    . Marine w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

Noise Marines [6 PL, 121pts]
    . Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
    . 3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster
    . Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Doom siren, Sonic blaster

Noise Marines [6 PL, 121pts]
    . Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
    . 3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster
    . Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Doom siren, Sonic blaster

+ Elites +

Possessed [11 PL, 186pts]: Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, 8x Possessed

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [54 PL, 931pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack [6 PL, 99pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh, Power sword

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 255pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-plasma, Power axe
    . Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power axe

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 167pts]: Defiler scourge, Mark of Slaanesh, Reaper autocannon

Havocs [10 PL, 184pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma
    . 4x Havoc w/ boltgun
    . Havoc w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

Maulerfiend [9 PL, 152pts]: Lasher tendrils, Mark of Slaanesh

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh

++ Total: [116 PL, 1998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Now remember this campaign not a tourney game still this was a pretty well rounded list. Better under 24" though. My opponents were imperium of 1k Primaris UM and 1k Grey Knights.
    +++ Imperium (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight: Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Vehicle, Grey Knights, Imperium, Nemesis Dreadknight, HQ, Grand Master, Character

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight: Dreadfist, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Vortex of Doom
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Vehicle, Grey Knights, Imperium, Nemesis Dreadknight, HQ, Grand Master, Character

+ Troops +

Strike Squad: Gate of Infinity
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Grey Knights, Imperium, Infantry, Psyker, Troops
    . Grey Knight (Daemon Hammer): Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Storm Bolter
    . 6x Grey Knight (Halberd): 6x Storm Bolter
    . Grey Knight (Psycannon): Psycannon
    . Grey Knight (Warding Stave): Storm Bolter
    . Grey Knight Justicar: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm bolter

. Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Grey Knights, Imperium, Infantry, Psyker, Troops
    . 3x Grey Knight (Sword): 3x Storm Bolter

. 3x Grey Knight (Sword): 3x Storm Bolter

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Auto Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Twin heavy bolter
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Fly, Imperium, Repulsor, Transport, Vehicle, Dedicated Transport

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Hellblaster Squad, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, Heavy Support
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Captain, Character, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, HQ

Primaris Librarian: Force sword
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Imperium, Infantry, Librarian, Primaris, Psyker, HQ

Primaris Lieutenants
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, Lieutenants, HQ
    . Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Fly, Imperium, Inceptor Squad, Infantry, Jump Pack, Mk X Gravis, Primaris, Fast Attack

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, Infantry, Intercessor Squad, Primaris, Troops

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, Infantry, Intercessor Squad, Primaris, Troops

++ Total: [137 PL, 2172pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The captain was upgraded to be chapter master btw. And as always this is off the top of my head and may not be 100% correct as it is 120+ points over 2k.

We were playing tactical escalation so one card per turn number. Neither side got good cards, the final score was 4-0 and one of my points was first blood.

I won the turn roll and went first which was huge, their army was GK deep striking in with the UM being a castle in the back.

My termis dropped in with their drop lord. Hit the repulsor with the standard VotLW+cacaphony. But he made a single save from the first round of shooting they prevented me from blowing up the hellblasters inside. Still Repulsor off the board and my termis still there. Rest of my shooting is minimal. Set up in place to hold off the fire and try to get my card, defend objective 3 with some cultist.

Their turn 1 incomes the GK deep strike. Maulerfiend is smited off the board in turn 1. Good ol' distraction carnifex. I popped smoke on the possessed rhino but kept the other out of los. By the end of the shooting I was down all my termis, god damn hellblaster+lt+chapter master combo. But my lord lived! Also I lost two of my cultist screens to GK+aggressor fire. My rhino with the smoke survives shooting with 2 wounds left. During the charge phase the GM fails the 11" to the rhino and the GK strike makes it in. Kills the smoked rhino and the Exalted Champ, Apostle, and the possessed back out.

My turn comes, plasma havocs get out and move into rapid fire range. Possessed move towards the aggressors and the strike squad to reclaim objective 3 that they killed my cultist off of. Champ stays in 6" of the plasma havocs but also moves towards objective 2 which I got the card to secure.

In my psyker I get off prescience on my havocs. Fail FNP on them though which would of been useful. They wipe out a grandmaster in a baby carriage. The small arms take all but one out of the big strike squad for my lord to charge into. My defiler cleans up all by 1 of a 5 man squad. My lord with the jet pack kills a hellblaster with his combibolter who dies and then melts him with plasma thanks to the banner.

In charging I get into the other small strike squad and inceptors with possessed. Get into the inceptors with the Champ and Apostle. My lord charges the last strike squad member on the objective. And my defiler gets into cc with the last baby carriage.

In close combat I kill the solo strike squad member. I kill the aggressors and all but 2 of a 5 man strike squad. The baby carriage interrupted and hit my defiler taking him to 10. I strike back taking him to 2. In the end in the next turn we call it. My defiler survives to punch again with 1 hp and kills the last strike squad member on the board and the baby carriage. My possessed are alive. I have map control and all that is left is the UM castle and I have the map. We call it.

MVP again is the defiler and the termis killing well more than their points worth of models. Possessed did really well too. Noise marines had minimal effect, not a lot of good targets for sonic blasters and only meh targets for blasmasters.

Still the alpha strike made me worried, they thought I was doing one of my AL list but I went pure EC so I wanted to be close.

Good game though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Finished up a tourney today, came in first! I had a decent list but also had a lot of extremely lucky breaks.

Went up against 2 different custodes armies, they seem to be pretty popular and easy to paint. They don’t do very well in Relic missions though, doubly so against tyranid spore mine spam.

The new Nurgle daemons are crazy. With their trees and buffs those plaguebearers can cross damn near the entire board turn one. I deployed up close thinking I’d have a turn of breathing room and they were assaulting me with 90 dudes doing double wounds on 6’s and rerolling everything. That was a doomed game for me, but we were doing the Chapter approved mission where you put down 6 objectives and 4 randomly disappear. He controlled 4 objectives and I had 2.

Great job on the win!

I was sitting here reading the Daemons codex when I check the thread... what did the daemons army look like? I'm thinking about building them next after I hit 2k Death Guard.

Also, what was buffing the plaguebearers movement? I can't find anything nurgle-ish that buffs speed.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »

Great job on the win!

I was sitting here reading the Daemons codex when I check the thread... what did the daemons army look like? I'm thinking about building them next after I hit 2k Death Guard.

Also, what was buffing the plaguebearers movement? I can't find anything nurgle-ish that buffs speed.

The tree let's you run and charge the same turn effectively making plaguebearers able to move 5"+1d6+2d6 inches. This tends to average out to about a 15" in move. If you have an instrument that is about a 17" move.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Epidemius gives buffs when you kill unit, one was an army wide movement increase, and the sloppity bilepiper? I think gives increased movement of some sort.

The army was 3 30-man blocks of plaguebearers, Nurglings, some heralds and sloppity bilepipers, a tree, a daemon prince, Epidemius and some reserve points to summon another tree. That natural -1 to hit 30-man blocks of 5+/5++ infantry with all the extra buffs in place made them a nightmare to try and kill, they’re super fast, and with the buff engine running they’re going to slaughter whatever they run into.

*edit* After looking through a copy of the daemon codex, I’m noticing the daemon player kinda screwed me over on a few rules. Nothing too egregious and probably honest mistakes, but good to know if we play again. It’s kind of a pain fighting new armies with no idea what they do, and just kinda accepting what’s going on and strapping in for the ride in the interest of finishing in time.

Badablack on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Epidemius gives buffs when you kill unit, one was an army wide movement increase, and the sloppity bilepiper? I think gives increased movement of some sort.

The army was 3 30-man blocks of plaguebearers, Nurglings, some heralds and sloppity bilepipers, a tree, a daemon prince, Epidemius and some reserve points to summon another tree. That natural -1 to hit 30-man blocks of 5+/5++ infantry with all the extra buffs in place made them a nightmare to try and kill, they’re super fast, and with the buff engine running they’re going to slaughter whatever they run into.

*edit* After looking through a copy of the daemon codex, I’m noticing the daemon player kinda screwed me over on a few rules. Nothing too egregious and probably honest mistakes, but good to know if we play again. It’s kind of a pain fighting new armies with no idea what they do, and just kinda accepting what’s going on and strapping in for the ride in the interest of finishing in time.

The biggest one here is you straight up can not summon trees, they do not have daemonic ritual. They only way to use them is to bring slimux or take a fortification Detachment. When taking the detachment they either deploy normally or you have to pay cp to deepstrike.

Also Nurgle Daemons seems good with all the buffs, but they are still one attack each with no AP. They basically have to hope to kill a six, get the damage buffs, and then hope the opponent fails an unmodded save to kill anything with more than one wound and decent armour.

It’s a massive trap, and a huge points sink. Even with DR 5+ saves and not being immune to morale makes them pretty easy to remove.

• Options
    If you guys had to throw together 1500-2000 points of Daemons, what would it look like?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    If you guys had to throw together 1500-2000 points of Daemons, what would it look like?

Do you have a preferred god/gods? Are you against Primarchs? Daemons have a lot of choices mostly based on the gods you use.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Do you have a preferred god/gods? Are you against Primarchs? Daemons have a lot of choices mostly based on the gods you use.

Probably Khorne and Nurgle... I like the speed of the slanesh stuff, but I don't find the models overly interesting. Tzeentch looks like they have some very cool units, but they seem like they have a lot of fiddly rules and modifiers, and I'm still very much in the learning phase of getting back into 40k.

The buddy that'll probably be my most common opponent has armies of Space wolves, primaris UM, grey knights and I think Deathwatch... he mostly fields his grey knights and primaris though. I know he's got a Gwillyman he's waiting to roll out once I've got something that can compete at that level.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Conveniently this article looking at pure daemon armies went up this week

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2018/02/24/chaos-daemons-comprehensive-overview/

I only have a ~500 point daemon detachment in my chaos army, but I can talk about the units I've used

-2-3 units of nurglings are great blockers. You can save some money by only using 2 boxes to make 9 bases, some of them will just have 2 rows of nurglings instead of 3

-the bloodletter bomb everyone was worried about is hit or miss. It's hard to find a good landing zone for 30 32mm bases

-skullcannon is weirdly good? I only have 1 that I've swapped between cannon and blood throne but it did some surprising damage for 100 points

-squeezing a herald of tzeentch somewhere helps. Gaze of Fate lets anything in your army reroll a dice so it can help you during the whole game even if it's just sitting on an objective out of sight.

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    That article does an awesome job of consolidating and comparing all the various rules/buffs... That was a good read.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I played against Orks for the first time yesterday. We did 1500 points, he had a bunch of trukks and a battlewagon filled with boyz, plus some bikes and a group of deffkoptas. My list was mostly a Terminator party with some dreadnoughts, a small tactical squad in a razorback, and a Stormtalon. We pulled the deployment that is straight down the middle hamburger style, the mission was cleanse and burn (I think that is what it was called, basically each player gets three objectives to place in their own deployment zone, if you control your opponent's objective at the end of your turn you burn it, first player to burn all three of their opponent's objectives wins). The twist was no morale checks.

I threw two of my objectives relatively close to one another in the same corner, and one closer to the middle. He spaced his out fairly evenly. I deployed my dreads on objectives with a rifleman having a fairly nice elevated view of the entire board. I also deployed the razorback in cover right at the deployment line. The terminators (one squad with a heavy flamer, a captain, a librarian, and a chaplain) all hung back in a teleportarium.

Turn one he ended up going first, his battlewagon rolls right up to my razorback, and barfs out a ton of boyz who were ready to party. I figured this would happen because it was a dual assault cannon razorback so it has the volume of fire and AP that would be a big threat to 1w models with bad saves, plus it was on the same side as the corner with the closer objectives so it made sense for him to start moving in that direction. His other trukks and bikes move forward as well, his deffkoptas coming in on my side finished his movement. My razorback transformed into a smoking pile of twisted metal fairly quickly, and I consigned the six tactical marines inside to death by Ork choppas, but it was ok because the tank was bait. Moving everyone up left his objectives unguarded, so my turn came and I immediately teleported my Terminators onto his three objectives and won. My opponent had made one of those complete forehead slapping mistakes that we all make from time to time, and we figured we'd play it out for fun. Long story short, he tabled me a few turns later. There was a fun moment where my Contemptor ripped his Warboss's head off, and another when I blew up some of his trukks and the resulting explosions knocked out a bunch of his boys, but other than that he basically had way too many models for me to ever be able to take them all out, and one by one my units were crushed under the weight of the green horde.

All in all I had a blast. I had never played against Orks before, so I didn't know what to expect. Next time I think the plan is to bring more flamers and assault cannons since I won't be able to bamboozle him twice and will have to actually fight for the win.

• Options
    We pulled the deployment that is straight down the middle hamburger style, the mission was cleanse and burn (I think that is what it was called, basically each player gets three objectives to place in their own deployment zone, if you control your opponent's objective at the end of your turn you burn it, first player to burn all three of their opponent's objectives wins). The twist was no morale checks.

That sounds like a really fun game mode

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I've now played two Tyranid players this month and made both of them concede, I'm starting to almost feel bad about it.

Turns out that big scary monsters aren't so scary when your 7 point infantry wounds them on a 4+.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Being a nerd I have this coming to me.

ra%2Ctriblend_tee%2Cx1800%2Cblack_triblend%2Cback-c%2C395%2C370%2C420%2C460-bg%2Cf8f8f8.lite-2u1.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Are Necrons getting a new codex and new units? I heard they were but I don't see anything on the GW website.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Are Necrons getting a new codex and new units? I heard they were but I don't see anything on the GW website.

Yes. Everyone is getting a new Codex. I think Necrons are up in a month or so.

Not sure if there will be new models though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    We pulled the deployment that is straight down the middle hamburger style, the mission was cleanse and burn (I think that is what it was called, basically each player gets three objectives to place in their own deployment zone, if you control your opponent's objective at the end of your turn you burn it, first player to burn all three of their opponent's objectives wins). The twist was no morale checks.

That sounds like a really fun game mode

I checked and it's actually called "Burn and Pillage":

3EsjMkW.png

It's a lot of fun, but obviously leaves you open to shenanigans since you can't try to retake an objective once it's been burned.

• Options

There are new models not new units maybe?
    They showed the new necron Cryptek other than that I have no idea if there is new stuff as a lot of it is new ot me

• Options

There are new models not new units maybe?
    They showed the new necron Cryptek other than that I have no idea if there is new stuff as a lot of it is new ot me

Oh yeah I think I saw that.

I may be just a bit bitter there were no new Chaos Space Marine sculpts. I mean ares are old enough to drink.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular

Oh yeah I think I saw that.

I may be just a bit bitter there were no new Chaos Space Marine sculpts. I mean ares are old enough to drink.

I think I heard that Jain Zar just got accepted to a Doctoral program at Oxford.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    That shirt makes me want one, too, Mazzyx. Not an EC one, per se, but something dorky like it.

Local store started a 40k Escalation League starting at 500 points. I don't really have the ability to be transported up there to participate regularly, but I went anyways to try and get Eisenhorn and the free Black Library celebration item. Eisenhorn sold out 3 minutes after the store opened, but eh. Ah well.

I took a Nurgle 500 point patrol just to throw down and have some fun. 18 Plaguebearers, 3 Nurglings, a Poxbearer (Poxwalker? Whichever the HQ is) who had the psychic power Fleshy Abundance, and a Soul Grinder. The Nurglings tied up some of the enemy infantry squads while the Soul Grinder murdered every list I went up against (only played twice, Blood Angels and a Death Guard list). I did roll well, which obviously is the main thing, but that thing could melee and shoot well. It's probably ass given the point cost for it in a larger game, but in a 500 point game?

Healing it with Fleshy Abundance was also a morale killer for the opposing player.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    The evolutionary chart of tyranid spore mines.
    T3E5p5b.jpg

Put together a list with 3 sporocysts, 9 biovores, and 2 harpies. That’s 30 potential spore mines being pooped out a turn. Gonna run it as Kraken for the 3d6 advance roll, otherwise those mines aren’t getting anywhere with 3” movement.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    That thing looks moist and sticky with blood!

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I finished picking up 1000 points of dark angels for a doubles tournament this summer. My partner's probably going to be playing guard with some custodes jetbikes. Very excited to finish stripping and start painting!

ugm57acy3321.jpg

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    I think if I was running that landspeeder variant, I’d replace the front gunner seat with a closed turret, it would look a whole lot better. It looks like the same size socket as the bolter turret on a landraider too.

• Options
    I think if I was running that landspeeder variant, I’d replace the front gunner seat with a closed turret, it would look a whole lot better. It looks like the same size socket as the bolter turret on a landraider too.

I remember forgeworld had a kit to do that?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Played 3 games with Deathguard. Took 30 Cultists, 15 zombies, 30 Plague Marines, tanks, yadda yadda.

Pretty disappointed. Plague Marines either need to be cheaper or be a bit more resilient, because right now they're subpar compared to Rubrics. I'd rather than be 20 pts instead of 17 with a 4+fnp and 2 attacks base. I think the other part of the issue is that their characters are all under par except for the Foul Blightspawn who is OP ridiculous and the Putrifier who both needs a big squad and Command Points to get value.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Foul Blightspawn is amazing, but agree overall. We are playing a whacky 1500 point 3 vs 3 game this weekend and my side is Thousand Sons, Death Guard, and Alpha Legion....and I can't see why I'd bring any Plague Marines.

Alpha Legion buddy is bringing regular, shitty Chaos Marines because he's just starting (and one of the opponents is brand new with Orks, hence this ridiculous 3vs3 game). It's Eternal War, though, so they're going to bumrush / forward operative onto objectives and be used that way.

Thousand Son has Ahriman, a sorcerer, 10 cultists, and two 5 man Rubric squads because they're expensive.

So Death Guard? I have no idea, so I said F it, Daemon Prince and 3 PlagueBurst Crawlers.

I have no idea how to improve this.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I don’t know if Deathguard are weak or if it’s just the case with this edition in that hordes of cheap troops are generally more efficient than the elite choices of the same army.

PSN Fleety2009
This discussion has been closed.