Options

FIGHT NIGHT THREAD

12467

Posts

  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather was strongly encouraged to make the fight last x rounds to please ppv viewers. But also it's the best strategy for him. Why risk a surprise knockout against someone who doesn't ever go 12 rounds and doesn't strategize for the longer boxing matches.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Floyd Mayweather
    Welp, the prospects of ever seeing Flloyd Mayweather lose just got a whole lot slimmer. Damn.

    He's never gonna fight again. Why would he? He now l has the greatest undefeated record in boxing and more money than he will ever spend

    just gotta sweeten the pot a little:

    n3rpoC0.jpg

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Is this over yet?

    How is this not over yet?

  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Is this over yet?

    How is this not over yet?

    Over awhile ago.

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Shockingly, the boxer won the boxing match.

  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Shockingly, the boxer won the boxing match.

    9477234930_88614d3573.jpg

  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I feel like they didn't even try to hide the fact that this fight was fixed

    Fixed in that it was a match between a boxer and a nonboxer?

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    I feel like they didn't even try to hide the fact that this fight was fixed

    Fixed in that it was a match between a boxer and a nonboxer?

    Fixed as in it was more scripted than a final fantasy boss fight

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    I feel like they didn't even try to hide the fact that this fight was fixed

    Fixed in that it was a match between a boxer and a nonboxer?

    The issue a lot of people have is that the fight went on longer than it probably should have. MMA fighter McGregor manages to not only go 10 rounds against 49-0 Mayweather but score some upsets in the outgoing? Not saying it's not possible but hooboy that's a lot of tension and drama for someones first fight.

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Floyd Mayweather
    TheStig wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather was strongly encouraged to make the fight last x rounds to please ppv viewers. But also it's the best strategy for him. Why risk a surprise knockout against someone who doesn't ever go 12 rounds and doesn't strategize for the longer boxing matches.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isyFunAeYnQ

  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Mayweather is also 40 years old.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Larlar
    eh. I think everyone got what they wanted out of this, whether it was money, spectacle, or a perpetual argument.

  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    eh. I think everyone got what they wanted out of this, whether it was money, spectacle, or a perpetual argument.

    No I didn't! You're wrong!

  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Larlar
    ED! wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    I feel like they didn't even try to hide the fact that this fight was fixed

    Fixed in that it was a match between a boxer and a nonboxer?

    The issue a lot of people have is that the fight went on longer than it probably should have. MMA fighter McGregor manages to not only go 10 rounds against 49-0 Mayweather but score some upsets in the outgoing? Not saying it's not possible but hooboy that's a lot of tension and drama for someones first fight.

    I don't think you've ever seen Mayweather box before? He's a super defensive boxer who normally lets his opponents dictate the opening rounds while he studies his opponent, then wins with counters the rest of the match.

    The only actual surprising thing was that Mayweather was actually aggressive during the match. That hasn't happened in over a decade.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Larlar
    eh. I think everyone got what they wanted out of this, whether it was money, spectacle, or a perpetual argument.

    I wanted the earth to open up and swallow them whole.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Larlar
    TheStig wrote: »
    eh. I think everyone got what they wanted out of this, whether it was money, spectacle, or a perpetual argument.

    I wanted the earth to open up and swallow them whole.

    I mean, that's STILL going to happen, too. Just probably not both at the same time.

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Everyone involved has more to lose than gain from fixing a fight. This is just what Mayweather does.

  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Conor McGregor
    yeah Mayweather will let you swing away for 5 rounds as he learns your style and then picks you apart

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar
    http://deadsp.in/pSLERVi

    This sums up my feelings on the fight pretty perfectly.

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Floyd Mayweather
    http://deadsp.in/pSLERVi

    This sums up my feelings on the fight pretty perfectly.

    Owfy271.jpg

    yeah that's pretty much where I'm at

    Brolo on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    The best boxer in the world beat the guy who never boxed before?

    no way

  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'd willingly get my ass kicked for $1000, let alone a milli

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How bad though, cause I feel you I ain't proud either but I'm not going to let a professional boxer punch my eyeballs out of my skull for a grand, like fifty maybe

  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    How bad though, cause I feel you I ain't proud either but I'm not going to let a professional boxer punch my eyeballs out of my skull for a grand, like fifty maybe

    If it comes with insurance to pay for my hospital stay, then yeah I'd do it for a grand

    I got debt

  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Larlar
    http://deadsp.in/pSLERVi

    This sums up my feelings on the fight pretty perfectly.

    Burneko does words good

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Floyd Mayweather
    Keith wrote: »
    I'd willingly get my ass kicked for $1000, let alone a milli

    I wish I could find it, but there's a video of some sort of contest from the 70s or 80s where if you could survive three rounds against mike tyson they'd pay you like $250 000

    and some dude won the contest and man it's terrifying to see what just a normal dude looks like against a pro boxer

    like the normal guy immediately couldn't keep up his guard after the first punch, turns his back on tyson to try and run in the other direction, throws the weakest looking haymakers

    I don't think they got even a minute into the first round before he threw his hands up in the "don't kill me" pose

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'd honestly rather fight a fuckin hyena or somethin rather than a professional boxer of any weight class, I have like eighty pounds on a bantamweight fighter and I guarantee that one could dismantle my body

  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Fuck, I'd let Mike Tyson beat me up for three rounds for $250,000 in today's money.

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Maybe if punching your dead body counted, pay out to your next of kin

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Floyd Mayweather
    jgeis wrote: »
    Fuck, I'd let Mike Tyson beat me up for three rounds for $250,000 in today's money.

    Ehhh, you have to at least make it to the end of the third round to win the money. I don't think it's worth the probable brain damage when I know I have no chance of getting that far into the fight.

  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Fuck, I'd let Mike Tyson beat me up for three rounds for $250,000 in today's money.

    Ehhh, you have to at least make it to the end of the third round to win the money. I don't think it's worth the probable brain damage when I know I have no chance of getting that far into the fight.

    I was actually thinking they'd have to make the contestants wear headgear to protect from serious brain injury/death.

    I don't know if I can actually last 3 rounds without getting KO'd in any case, but $250k is a fair amount of money and I'd probably try.

  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Conor McGregor
    Tony Atlas compared Mayweather-McGregor to a gourmet chef being forced to flip burgers

    Xehalus on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Fuck, I'd let Mike Tyson beat me up for three rounds for $250,000 in today's money.

    Ehhh, you have to at least make it to the end of the third round to win the money. I don't think it's worth the probable brain damage when I know I have no chance of getting that far into the fight.

    I was actually thinking they'd have to make the contestants wear headgear to protect from serious brain injury/death.

    I don't know if I can actually last 3 rounds without getting KO'd in any case, but $250k is a fair amount of money and I'd probably try.

    They stopped using headgear because the number of concussions went up.

    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Tony Atlas compared Mayweather-McGregor to a gourmet chef being forced to flip burgers

    I'm pretty sure every single gourmet chef in the world would flip burgers for a day for 300 million dollars

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar
    I think some people fail to realize that it is basicalky impossible to survive three rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime unless you are a very very good professional boxer.

    He would hit you once and that would basically be it

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar
    I think some people fail to realize that it is basicalky impossible to survive three rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime unless you are a very very good professional boxer.

    He would hit you once and that would basically be it

    Basically a perfect recreation of the first time you fight him in Punch-Out

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I think, if I had my druthers, I'd commit suicide via Tyson

  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Basically the entire last part of this video after 9:30.

    https://youtu.be/qblQuhp10Kg?t=564

    TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Fuck, I'd let Mike Tyson beat me up for three rounds for $250,000 in today's money.

    Ehhh, you have to at least make it to the end of the third round to win the money. I don't think it's worth the probable brain damage when I know I have no chance of getting that far into the fight.

    I was actually thinking they'd have to make the contestants wear headgear to protect from serious brain injury/death.

    I don't know if I can actually last 3 rounds without getting KO'd in any case, but $250k is a fair amount of money and I'd probably try.

    They stopped using headgear because the number of concussions went up.

    Huh, I didn't know that!

  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Fuck, I'd let Mike Tyson beat me up for three rounds for $250,000 in today's money.

    Ehhh, you have to at least make it to the end of the third round to win the money. I don't think it's worth the probable brain damage when I know I have no chance of getting that far into the fight.

    I was actually thinking they'd have to make the contestants wear headgear to protect from serious brain injury/death.

    I don't know if I can actually last 3 rounds without getting KO'd in any case, but $250k is a fair amount of money and I'd probably try.

    They stopped using headgear because the number of concussions went up.

    Huh, I didn't know that!

    Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Sign In or Register to comment.