As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[ARK: Survival Evolved] All hail the gunasaurus

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

So, right on time for their October November release date, then . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Server is rebooting. I've turned on a bunch of boosts for Thanksgiving weekend, because lets face it, a lot of us are already on holiday until next week.

Per Geth's roll we are now at...
    Taming (12x)
    Harvesting (6x)
    Breeding (20x)
    Egg Laying (20x)
    Baby Growth (20x)

Have a great Holiday/Weekend, whenever yours starts!
    Going to start this for the first time later on the server.

Thats going to make things interesting.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So was trying to play some single player, with a baby coming in a couple of weeks I have a hard time with persistent worlds... Decided to try scorched earth since I have never tried it even though I own it..

What the fuck? Is there something I am missing here? Even with finding a water supply I melt in 3 minutes and clothing doesn’t seem to help... This is on the easy start location. Is this just impossible for a new character thats not high level exported from the island or what?

Jealous Deva on
    Scorched Earth is a bit hard mode, but you can survive, though not extremely well, as a new player. You're going to struggle and die a whole lot, and the bed is basically a necessity if you want to build an anything lasting anywhere. There's heat waves and shit that will just kill you at low levels and you won't be able to do shit about it, not even in a normal thatch hut.

Scorched Earth is not, essentially, for the faint of heart.

• Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Make some sleeping bags to last you until you can make a bed, make some boxes to stow your shit in, and make a tent to duck into when the weather goes to shit. Those should be priority one. Also tame a jerboa as soon as possible for weather warnings (you'll figure out what calls mean which weather is coming) and a morellatops. Actually scratch all that. Tame a morellatops ASAP.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I never did play Scorched Earth.

Are we able to switch between that and Ragnarock? I kind of want a Phoenix

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    @Kalnaur you made the stairs at the market right? I can't get the corner pieces to work here and I was wondering what you did.

P6LqfW4.jpg

Also anyone have an decoration suggestions? The port room is a little boring and I want to spruce it up a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    The snaps on the stairs in general are weird. Put a gable up under the stairs and then attach the corner piece.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I never did play Scorched Earth.

Are we able to switch between that and Ragnarock? I kind of want a Phoenix

Actually, I just picked up the server for Aberration today, because Host Havoc had a black friday discount. I could set it to a Scorched Earth server until Aberration hits.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Speaking of Aberration, I just watched the trailer for it again and noticed a detail I missed before.

The platforms are stone tier. It just jumped from wood to metal before, IIRC.

edited November 2017
    Alright, So the cluster is officially set up. You can now travel between Ragnarok and Scorched Earth. I just did a test run and it seems to be working correctly.

Things to know!
    -Your gear will come with you, mounts won't. I suggest bringing the mats for a basic shelter or two.
    -Unless you have a bed on Scorched Earth, you'll need to spawn in a normal spawn position, this means a walk to the nearest obelisk to get mounts. Plan to tame something right after you get there for survival.
    -ALL Server settings and mods are identical
    -Phoenix should only spawn during heat waves, and require flame weapons or flame breath to tame. The Phoenix wiki page has more info.
    -This server will become our Aberration server when it launches. So don't build/leave anything in Scorched Earth that you care about losing.
    -Take a screenshot of your character sheet before you travel, just in case there are any hiccups. This will give me the info I need to fix your character if something goes wrong.

Happy Phoenix hunting!

-edit-

Reminder, tamed Phoenix only eat Sulfur

MuddBudd on
    edited November 2017
    Bug Alert!:

Do not attempt to place S+ Walls or Doorframes or fence supports right now. It will crash your game. Something to do with Wildcards latest changes.

Really, anything S+ wall-related.

MuddBudd on
    Current Version: v273.882
    - Fixed some rendering crashes related to specific meshes caused by the new parallel rendering code.
    - Fixed ground clutter flicking on/off on certain maps

Hopefully this fixes the wall thing.

• BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    Does anyone have tips for defending bases besides turrets with all the bullets? I'm on a ps4 server playing ragnarok. It's mostly just myself and my brother with some others who are more casual helping out. Also it probably helps that offline raiding is disabled.

Beefjerky wrote: »
    Does anyone have tips for defending bases besides turrets with all the bullets? I'm on a ps4 server playing ragnarok. It's mostly just myself and my brother with some others who are more casual helping out. Also it probably helps that offline raiding is disabled.

Plant turrets help, but I've never played PVP so who knows.

Geth, roll 1d15 for weekend boost

weekend boost:
    1d15 8 [1d15=8]

Geth roll 1d4+1 for intensity

intensity:
    1d4+1 3 [1d4=2]

RwHczfp.jpg?1

Your tribe is training a new batch of dinos when the shaman arrives. She walks around your fences and observes people teaching creatures to accept saddles, to attack on command, and to respond to whistles. After some laughing at the antics of some particularly energetic young Triceratops, she comes over to you.

"Your influence on the creatures of this land is impressive! They take commands. They improve. They learn. They grow!" She runs her hand over a nearby saddle. "The spirits find this pleasing. The order of it counteracts the chaos of the builders reckless design."

On the other side of the paddock, you see a terribly cranky group of baby raptors jumping up and down on their feeding trough like children throwing a tantrum. An exhausted handler tries again to teach them the whistle for 'follow', while holding their favorite treat out of reach. You nod approvingly to see she's wearing thick hide armor, just to be safe.

"I think they are better under your care than they would ever be in the wild. Stronger, even. It's amazing what a little care can do. They can stand strong against almost any force on the island now."

She wanders off to see the ferret hut, and you notice the saddle she was leaning on now shows a glint of the familiar blue fire. On the side is written...

The Tended Herd is Unmoved

-Certain settings are increased by 3x
    -Taming weekend! Taming is increased by 3 to a total of 9x

Oh, a few other updates if I haven't mentioned them already.

The market now buys trophy items like shark teeth, sauropod vertebrae, etc... It also buys artifacts. The harder the artifact is to get, the more you can sell it for.

I've also added the 'Egg Selling Table' to the custom shop with the props and such. That way those of you doing egg farming can set one up next to your egg collector for easier selling.

• PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    You guys wouldn’t happen to have a Xbox one server going would you? Me and my friend’s have recently started playing but they want to join a server.

PassionateLovie on
    Sadly no, only the PC server.

Speaking of... rebooting due to S+ update.
    Update: Dec 4 @ 7:07pm
    - You can now change the side that doors & trapdoors are hinged to doorframes & hatchframes by pressing G while placing
    - Inclined Pipes & Wires are now 1 foundation long & 1 wall high (note: existing inclined pipes & wires are unaffected by this change)
    - New Structure: Elevator Call Button (click it to call the nearest elevator to your position)
    - Updated error message on Pull Repair to indicate it should be used on a damaged item
    - Pull Repair will only pull materials if the item is not full durability
    - Medium Pillars, Large Pillars, Large Walls & XL Walls now have snap points for internal pipes & wires(note: the status icons do not work well with these large structures, ie if you place an internal wire at the top and bottom of pillar and its only getting power from the bottom, it will display powered but since its not connected to the top, you will be unable to draw power from the top unless you fill the entire pillar with internal wires)
    - Ceilings can snap to the top of roofs now
    - You can no longer teleport to teleporters outside of your tribe
    - You can now enable public teleportation on S+ teleporters
    (note: while you can teleport to a public teleporter, you still can not use a public teleporter, that will require a dev kit update)
    - Improved how S+ Fence Foundations & Supports snap to Gateways
    - S+ Fence Foundations & Supports can now snap perpendicularly to Behemoth Gateways
    - Fixed issue that prevented turrets from being placed on structures on the motor boat
    - Fixed issue with the pull selected code that caused it to incorrectly pull resources used as fuel(ie it should never pull wood from the forge or gas from a fabricator)
    - Fixed issue that could cause ladders to teleport you under the ground (if Quick Climb was enabled)
    - Inclusion/Exclusion lists for the feeding troughs and turrets will now add any nearby dinos to their list that are not already included (previously the list was comprised of only dinos that could spawn on that ARK)
    - Fixed issue that caused the output log to not update correctly when using the Transfer Tool in single player
    - Item Collector, Hatchery & Bee Hive can be named
    - S+ Hatchery will no longer collect eggs when its inventory is full

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    '- S+ Hatchery will no longer collect eggs when its inventory is full'

Oh no! my dastardly (laziness) has been undone!

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is abberation going to allow people to bring stuff in

It would be nice to be able to start fresh with everyonr on equal footing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Is abberation going to allow people to bring stuff in

It would be nice to be able to start fresh with everyonr on equal footing

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm still investigating that. Ideally you'd be able to take stuff out of Aberration, but not in. At least, not initially.

Because of work I haven’t been able to get on. Probably won’t be able to for the next few weeks. Can anyone swing by and feed the dinos?

steam_sig.png
    Oh I need to enable a boost.

Geth, roll 1d15 for weekend boost

Geth, roll 1d4+1 for intensity

weekend boost:
    1d15 13 [1d15=13]
    intensity:
    1d4+1 2 [1d4=1]

edited December 2017
    We've had this one before. Enabling it now.

The Strong Stalk the Day
    Difficulty level increases by 2. Max Dino level 210
    Day length x2

This weekend is also a breeding weekend. Breeding timers will be multiplied by x2

MuddBudd on
    edited December 2017
    Launch Trailer.

I am testing some settings and then if things are ready I will begin switching the SE server over to Aberration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-gcT9nYyc

Looks like they delayed by about three hours though.

MuddBudd on
    Status: Still working on sorting out the settings, updates after I get to work and finish my morning meetings.

Current Version: v275
    - ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack!
    - Parallel (multi-threaded) renderer for faster SM5 graphics
    - Heavy Turret no longer has a tracking time.
    - Heavy Turret health increased by 50%
    - Heavy Turret base damage increased from 260 to 300.
    - Stegos now have reduced armour reduction on their plating (from 0.4 to 0.15)
    - Imprinting intervals increased from 4hrs to 8hrs between each imprint. Each imprint gives a large amount of imprint bonus per imprinting. Will also scale with the servers mature rate.
    - Shader models improved.
    - TEK Turret projectile speed improved by 50%
    - TEK Turret explosive damage increased by 25%
    - TEK Turret direct damage increased by 50%
    - TEK Turret range increased by 30%
    - TEK Turret interp speed increased by 40%
    - Fixed water rendering on Mac & Linux

New Server Configuration Options

?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true -- this allows you to download Non-Aberration Dinos on Aberration.

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
    UseCorpseLifeSpanMultiplier=1 (Modifies corpse and dropped box lifespan)

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
    GlobalPoweredBatteryDurabilityDecreasePerSecond=4 (The rate at which charge batteries are used in electrical objects)

Interesting that they changed imprinting.

That CrossARK setting looks to be the thing I needed. I still want to test it over lunch in a minute, but I should have things ready this afternoon.

Also I am gonna triple corpse lifespan now that its a setting.

Aberration is live!

Server details:
    Aberration Server name: The UnderARK
    Address: 173.234.25.138:27045

You can also get there via Obelisk

Things to know!
    • Your gear will come with you, mounts won't. I suggest bringing the mats for a basic shelter or two
    • You should be unable to transfer in any dinos that don't naturally spawn in Aberration
    • More specifically, this means no fliers. Flying breaks Aberration. I will be keeping this setting active for at least a few months until people have experienced the game as it is now
    • Unless you have a bed on Aberration, you'll need to spawn in a normal spawn position
    • Take a screenshot of your character sheet the day you travel, just in case there are any hiccups. This will give me the info I need to fix/replace your character if something goes wrong. (god forbid)

I went back and forth between SE and Ragnarok during the cluster setup last month, it worked quite well.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Boooo dinos and gear

Its gonna be fully setted by day 2

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Boooo dinos and gear

Its gonna be fully setted by day 2

It'll be fine.

Personally I'm bringing myself with a set of armor and a weapon, and enough mats to make a 1x1 shelter. I'll power through from there.

Gotcha. Room enough for a gate, a dinosaur, and a small stack of vaults for me, then? ;)

Once I'm settled tonight I'll toss Teleporters down near the Obelisks. Eventually I might make a small Market outpost somewhere but I'll need time to find a suitable spot.

edited December 2017
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Gotcha. Room enough for a gate, a dinosaur, and a small stack of vaults for me, then? ;)

To be honest, I am not sure what creatures you can take over. From what I am reading all the 'duplicate' creatures in Aberration are all mutated stuff like Aberrant Dodo, Aberrant Parasaur, etc...

You may not be able to bring ANY dinos into Aberration.

Won't know for sure until we start trying.

MuddBudd on
    Season pass is on sale for two days, for super cheap.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

Oh, so, assuming it won't be right away, but when people start using charge batteries in stuff, lemme know how they feel. I have a setting to tweak how long they last.

edited December 2017
    So, getting to Aberration is quite simple. Getting BACK, that takes a bit of work, it seems. As far as I can tell, there's only one Obelisk terminal. On the surface. It's a firestorm during the day and it is CRAWLING with Nameless. However...
    • I have placed a teleporter there anyway, next to a Hypercharge thing.
    • I have placed a second teleporter in the region known as 'The Portal', which is in the NW. (it's under a big metal tunnel thing)
    • If you go to the surface, do not go during the day.
    • If you go to the surface, bring a fully charged Bulbdog, it might keep the nameless away long enough to actually use the obelisk.
    • Watch out for Reaper Kings.

Scary huh? Well, there IS another option. Turns out the adorable Shinegoat critter also works like a transmitter. So if you tame one of those, you can park it inside your house and always have a transmitter handy. Although I am not 100% sure if it works for characters.

Otherwise I dunno, maybe I'll install a bunch of Tek Turrets on the surface to murder things for people.

-edit-

There are also cave loot chests, those let you transfer.

MuddBudd on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    While Scorched Earth never really grabbed me, Abberation kinda looks tempting. Here's hoping it gets a price cut during the winter sale, or family members remember to ask my brothers what those "steam cards" I requested for Xmas are.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
This discussion has been closed.