As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mario+Rabbids] Sparks of Hope out now!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Luigi is a ghost catcher. He already has his niche in life.

What Ubisoft really needs to do is make an entire ghost expansion. Boo+Rabbids. And give Luigi an entirely new kit with his ghost catching vacuum cleaner. And the missions could be set inside a haunted house tileset and if they need more than that, they could do like a spooky graveyard or something too.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Good news! I was able to download it this morning. Only 2.8GB!

Bad news.... I had to go to work :(

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I seem a bit ahead of the crowd, but can someone let me know if the manage to find all the chests in world 1? After returning with block pushing powers I have found all but one and I swear I've combed that place fully multiple times over.

There's some kind of block to push that requires drill (?) power that's in the world 1 section of the hub area before the big cannon shoots you to the world proper, is that the one I'm missing?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Lucascraft wrote: »

What Ubisoft really needs to do is make an entire ghost expansion. Boo+Rabbids. And give Luigi an entirely new kit with his ghost catching vacuum cleaner. And the missions could be set inside a haunted house tileset and if they need more than that, they could do like a spooky graveyard or something too.

The idea of him as a sniper is just hilarious tho. I just picture him in full tactical gear with a rifle...he gets the call, jumps from the ground onto a rooftop, sets himself up, and calmly takes out an enemy from a mile away. The Joke being that hes only nervous when hes in close combat, which makes perfect sense but when hes in his sniper nest, hes cool as a cucumber.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    On world one, a missable chest:
    There are 3 movable blocks, somewhat near the beginning on a dock over water. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to their intended position, until you got back up the way you came maybe 20 ft. There is a red blue and brown block in the middle and the key is to match the lower platform with the spacing of the higher platform. I'm probably not being clear here, but that one isn't on screen until you complete so I see it as missable.

Hope that helps

• Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    There are 3 movable blocks, somewhat near the beginning on a dock over water. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to their intended position, until you got back up the way you came maybe 20 ft. There is a red blue and brown block in the middle and the key is to match the lower platform with the spacing of the higher platform. I'm probably not being clear here, but that one isn't on screen until you complete so I see it as missable.

Hope that helps

Nope, done that one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

The idea of him as a sniper is just hilarious tho. I just picture him in full tactical gear with a rifle...he gets the call, jumps from the ground onto a rooftop, sets himself up, and calmly takes out an enemy from a mile away. The Joke being that hes only nervous when hes in close combat, which makes perfect sense but when hes in his sniper nest, hes cool as a cucumber.

They actually play on it more by giving him super low HP...and then the overwatch abilities make him seem like panic fire when someone moves in his general direction...I gave him a bounce gun to kind of roleplay a bit like he's forcing them away cause he doesn't want anyone close...

• Options
    Side note, anyone find or hear about re-specs? I'm seeing limited level up crystals in the game. Perhaps they are grindable later. But that doesn't help if I feel like I made a mistake...

• Options
    Not come across a grindable source or any mention of re-spec, but as they come from chests and levels and challenges I think they're going to be in abundant supply.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

Hope that helps

When you say missable, do you mean permanently? Is that possible in this game? Or can you always go back and explore more?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    DLC Wario, Waluigi + Rabbid versions please.

Literally can't click Agree enough on this post.
    I seriously almost clicked like 4 times, but then remembered it wouldn't actually do anything.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Hope that helps

When you say missable, do you mean permanently? Is that possible in this game? Or can you always go back and explore more?

No, just one I can't find and texas was suggesting one that you're likely to not notice as you pass by. All areas can be backtracked to, and will need to be for collectables and challenge levels.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    The title of the thread for the game in NeoGAF is "MARIO + RABBIDS: Kingdom Battle |OT| XCOM on mushrooms".

Clever.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Funny that they went with a drugs theme too. But seriously. This game is on drugs.

• Options
    I can't think of any Rabbids game that that statement doesn't apply too....

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Stayed up til 1 am, but I guess the game didn't hit the eShop til 3 am. I'm ready to rock when I get home tonight.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Hehe I thought about that before hand, Nintendo has burned me before, I got em figured out, now I go to sleep on Monday when I get home from work and just wake up around 1....I may have a problem...

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I can't think of any Rabbids game that that statement doesn't apply too....

Especially the underrated Rabbids Go Home, where you traumatize humanity by blasting off their clothes while frantic tuba-heavy street music plays.

https://youtu.be/YlqRC0i1-0o

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I liked a phone game where you hit Rabbids into space with a bat and put them into orbits/etc.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Mario is forced into your team, presumably for licencing rather than gameplay reasons? And you have to take at least one Rabbid.
    Damn, is the teambuilding really that restrictive? I've been waffling back and forth about this game for a while, but that's probably a dealbreaker, at least for the short term.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    This game makes me want to pick up the Rabbids games that I'm missing. (Which is only TV Party & Travel in Time)

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I mean, the game is called Mario+Rabbids. Mario. Plus. Rabbids. It'd be pretty serious false advertising if you could be play the game sans Mario or if you could play without ANY Rabbids.

(For real though, I'm wondering if more characters can be unlocked beyond the ones we've seen. But I don't actually want to know that, because (a) I don't want any spoilers and (b) if there's nothing else, I'll be a little disappointed. Then again, with skill trees and weapons and gear and stuff, maybe the ones we've seen are enough.)

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    20994233_10155759553601812_4255378035905058801_n.jpg?oh=7c413ba5699e9f60a4651386765ecc27&oe=5A16E6A9

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Goddammit Arby's.

• Options
    Found it! It was just down a side path I have no idea how I missed so many times.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    This game makes me want to pick up the Rabbids games that I'm missing. (Which is only TV Party & Travel in Time)

Ubisoft creamed themselves while reading this post.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Found it! It was just down a side path I have no idea how I missed so many times.

I'm glad you found it, was it the one by the swamp battle? I nearly missed that one too...

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    1 hour into it and its a very fun game so far.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    It reminds me of Super Mario RPG in a very good way. It's kind of mind boggling seeing mario fire a gun though.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It reminds me of Super Mario RPG in a very good way. It's kind of mind boggling seeing mario fire a gun though.

I've played enough Smash Bros to get the "Mario with a gun" weirdness out of my system.

Very much looking forward to buying this. Gonna go digital, probably pick it up over the weekend.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Cruor wrote: »

I've played enough Smash Bros to get the "Mario with a gun" weirdness out of my system.

Very much looking forward to buying this. Gonna go digital, probably pick it up over the weekend.

Yeah but in Smash he didn't fire the gun IN STORY BASED CUTSCENES. In smash it's just an item you can pick up, in this it's his main weapon.

Edit: It literally shows him firing his gun on the cover and the start menu icon. Look, I'm not clutching my pearls by any means. I think it's awesome and I'm so glad Nintendo let Ubisoft run with this concept. It's just also a bit jarring watching mario shoot a guy point blank in the face.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Yeah but in Smash he didn't fire the gun IN STORY BASED CUTSCENES. In smash it's just an item you can pick up, in this it's his main weapon.

Edit: It literally shows him firing his gun on the cover and the start menu icon. I'm not clutching my pearls by any means, I think it's awesome and I'm so glad Nintendo let Ubisoft run with this concept. It's just also a bit jarring watching mario shoot a guy point blank in the face.

i am absolutely clutching my pearls

i'm also tutting

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    My Amazon preorder doesn't look like it will be here till Thurs but I did get a $5 credit out of Amazon chat support after going through the song and dance routine.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that the original Rabbids games aren't so much a spinoff of Rayman as they are a crossover with it. This time they're just semi-inexplicably harassing the Mushroom Kingdom instead of Rayman.

• Options

Edit: It literally shows him firing his gun on the cover and the start menu icon. Look, I'm not clutching my pearls by any means. I think it's awesome and I'm so glad Nintendo let Ubisoft run with this concept. It's just also a bit jarring watching mario shoot a guy point blank in the face.

To be fair, he's not shooting "a guy" at any point. Unless that's some DLC or endgame shit, at which point, hoo boy. But as far as I can tell, Mario is shooting hellspawn.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So there is no online multiplayer or local multiplayer for this right? Is it just the "2 of you can control 2 characters and take turns" dealy?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Mario is shooting hellspawn.

So, Rabbids then?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

To be fair, he's not shooting "a guy" at any point. Unless that's some DLC or endgame shit, at which point, hoo boy. But as far as I can tell, Mario is shooting hellspawn.

its a guy, a mans, a baddie, a dude. Whatever you want to call it he is shooting an entity point blank in the face.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I've no doubt a lot of discussion occurred within Nintendo that resulted in the characters using arm blaster looking projectile weapons rather than a simple pistol.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Look, Mario having a gun is nothing remotely new:
    1q5e9faydpze.jpg
    See?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.